Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I kept a diary I would only put the year in when it changed and put in the date only for daily entries, so she updated it the same way I used to. On the tearing out pages, I also did that a lot, like if I updated a page and messed it up I might tear the page out and start again, I would also tear out pages if I had written something I didn't like, just as a form of general editing.

Are there any entries that we know of after this page?

Even stranger, apparently not. We would have heard about that by now. LE took a picture because it seemed suspicious to them or why even record it. Plus if there were NO importance to the diary why would CA give it to BC for "safe keeping". Makes no sense. jmo

Even stranger, apparently not. We would have heard about that by now. LE took a picture because it seemed suspicious to them or why even record it. Plus if there were NO importance to the diary why would CA give it to BC for "safe keeping". Makes no sense. jmo

RBM

They took pictures of all the furniture, too.

If it were important, why not include it among the other items they took from the house?

RBM

If it were important, why not include it among the other items they took from the house?

That's a very good question, Numbers. Hope you and LC don't mind if I chime in. Maybe the detectives were making quick decisions as to what might have evidentiary (sp?) value to take from the home, and were unsure at the moment, based on the '03 date, same color ink, and as someone else pointed out, the ambiguous yet seemingly relevant journal post from June 21. So they photographed it as being possibly pertinent. Remember they also didn't know all that we know now, especially with the jail house letters and writing being similar to the diary. If that makes sense.

IMO they opened the diary, snapped the first page with the year to record it and to show it was written before the birth of Caylee and that was enough. Feel like a big bad party-pooper over here! I understand why it would be interesting if written in '08.

That's a very good question, Numbers. Hope you and LC don't mind if I chime in. Maybe the detectives were making quick decisions as to what might have evidentiary (sp?) value to take from the home, and were unsure at the moment, based on the '03 date, same color ink, and as someone else pointed out, the ambiguous yet seemingly relevant journal post from June 21. So they photographed it as being possibly pertinent. Remember they also didn't know all that we know now, especially with the jail house letters and writing being similar to the diary. If that makes sense.

Sure, jump right in!

Your scenario is quite possible. It just seems to me they took so much stuff from the house, surely they could have tossed this in as well. Tell me they didn't run out of paper evidence bags. :D

IMO, the diary is a red herring. For all we know, page deux could have been written at any time, any year. And while it's delightful to apply what we know now to the musings of an immature girl, I can't quite swallow that she's talking about recent events. Seems very Nostradamus-ish: you'll see what you see and I'll see what I see.

Sure, jump right in!

Your scenario is quite possible. It just seems to me they took so much stuff from the house, surely they could have tossed this in as well. Tell me they didn't run out of paper evidence bags. :D

IMO, the diary is a red herring. For all we know, page deux could have been written at any time, any year. And while it's delightful to apply what we know now to the musings of an immature girl, I can't quite swallow that she's talking about recent events. Seems very Nostradamus-ish: you'll see what you see and I'll see what I see.

BBM You really made me laugh with that line. Thanks. :floorlaugh:

RBM

IIRC and I could very well be remembering it wrong, but iirc it wasn't on the warrant so they couldn't take it.

No no jump right in - that's what we are all here for.

I was just thinking back to when this diary was the news dujour, and at that time my thoughts were it was recently written and how would they prove that - but what did it matter since there was so much other information pointing directly at ICA.

No trouble - go ahead and disagree - you won't hear a peep from me - god knows I've been known to be (very) wrong, and I'm not "rooted" in this belief.

That diary entry could be looked at as a confession of sorts. Everything she wrote, to me, pertains to Caylee and her murder.

ICA wrote that she had "no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for everything to work out okay. I completely trust my own judgment and knew that I made the right decision. I just hope that the end justifies the means. I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see. This is the happiest I have been in a very long time. I hope that my happiness will continue to grow."

To me she's worried and wants everything to be okay. She trusts her own judgement and made the right decision (Caylee was the judgement call and to murder her was the right decision). She hopes the end (Caylee's death) justify her means (La Bella Vita). She wants to know what the future holds for her and she will soon see (she couldn't keep Caylee lost, she knew an arrest would be coming down soon) Even as this is the happiest she's been and hopes her happiness will continue to grow, to me, it's due to no Caylee in tow...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Whoops I am saying something else. While Numbers sees this as the musings of an immature teenager, I don't see much difference in the degree of maturity ICA is at when she wrote those goofy letters to her jail buddy.

"I'll call you Cookie and you can call me Muffin"....duh.

IIRC and I could very well be remembering it wrong, but iirc it wasn't on the warrant so they couldn't take it.
Maybe you're remembering that it wasn't listed on the report of evidence seized so we knew they didn't take it. The search warrant did specify papers, tablets, notebooks (paraphrased) which, imo, would have allowed them to take it if they thought it evidence worthy. I could never understand why they only photographed this diary.

Whoops I am saying something else. While Numbers sees this as the musings of an immature teenager, I don't see much difference in the degree of maturity ICA is at when she wrote those goofy letters to her jail buddy.

Cookie, Cookie, bo-bookie, Banana-fana fo-fookie... :crazy:

That's because Casey has been an immature teenager for about 10 - 12 years now.

There is no difference between this drivel and the slop she served up to Cupcake/Bagel/Tart.

Ergo, it could have been written at any time between 2003 - 2008.

Ergo, it may not be a post-murder musing.

That's because Casey has been an immature teenager for about 10 - 12 years now.

There is no difference between this drivel and the slop she served up to Cupcake/Bagel/Tart.

Ergo, it could have been written at any time between 2003 - 2008.

Ergo, it may not be a post-murder musing.

But it might!! My glass is half full and I am getting ready for a LWOP party....
the DP may cause me to go on my life's first bender.

But it might!! My glass is half full and I am getting ready for a LWOP party....
the DP may cause me to go on my life's first bender.

Yes, it durn well might. Or might not.

I'll share my bottle if you bring the ice. Deal? :D

Do we know where it was found? If it was on a bedside table, or in a drawer nearby that could point to 08. If it was on the bottom of the closet piled over with things, that could point to 03.

I think it was written '08 because of a few things:

1. The '03 is only on the LEFT HAND page. That one might have been written in '03. It does kind of match with the RIGHT HAND page, but as you'll see, I don't think they go together.
2. The tone. I don't know about you, but the RIGHT HAND page doesn't sound like something I would have written in my junior year of high school. Maybe when I graduated and was going off to college - but Casey never graduated, never went off to college. What in the world would have her being so introspective in high school when she didn't graduate and wasn't heading off to college at all? There was nothing big going on around that time of her life, that we know of, that would cause the kind of writing on the RIGHT HAND page. But Killing Caylee, and getting a new, Caylee free life - that would cause to her write what is on the RIGHT HAND page.
3. Tone again - The LEFT HAND page is definitely high school, or at least something a girl would write upon getting a new diary. Notice how many pages are missing between the LEFT HAND page and the RIGHT HAND page. I'm thinking she had this diary since '03, kept a pink pen with it, and only wrote in it sparingly. Five years is a long time to have one diary unless you don't write much in it. Casey doesn't strike me as the kind of girl who writes novel length diaries. I'm not totally sure about this one, but I'm giving the fact that '03 is in the corner the benefit of the doubt.
4. It looks to me like she got rid of the middle of the diary in case her mother ever found it. I'm sure she wrote about her sexcapades and stuff like that. Can't have mom stumbling on that and finding out her innocent little girl isn't innocent at all. The first and last page were vague enough that she thought it could be applied to anything, so she left them there - plus, if she did write that RIGHT HAND page in '08, she definitely was not going to get rid of it.
5. The timing. The RIGHT HAND page date is June 21 - that would be what, five or six days after Caylee's death, around the time she dumped Caylee for good, right? That would be the perfect time for her to be thinking she got away with what she did and contemplating, without the distraction of Caylee's body, for the first time about life without Caylee. It fits perfectly in the timeline of what happened to Caylee. That can't be a coincidence.
6. Timing again - why on earth would she write an entry like that in the summer of '03? I can see maybe writing something like that because of stuff happening during the school year, but it seems odd and out of place to write something like that when school is out for the summer. And it doesn't make sense that she'd meet a new group of people just weeks after school let out. It's not like she went to camp or anything like that that we know of.

To me, the RIGHT HAND page screams '08, after Caylee was dead and dumped. The LEFT HAND page could be from '03, or it could be from '08 - that one I'm not so sure about. But I'm certain about the RIGHT HAND page.

BBM Wonderful post, Aedrys. This makes the most sense. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hulet
Back