Casey's Ghost Writer Breaks His Silence ...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Niner--Don't think that source can be relied upon for legal analysis. ;).

Even if its true that FCA cleans CM's toilets, who's to say(and prove) she gets paid to do so? Maybe the arrangement is more like a child's....clean the toilet and put your clothes away and get a few dollars allowance to go spend on candy. :D
That's pretty much the same arrangement she had living with her parents. :drumroll:

Well, I happen to know for an absolute fact that the prosecution did miss it and didn't even do the search that found the deleted browser history that included that phrase until after JB's book was published. And it wasn't inconsistent with the timeline, either, but that's another issue.

I'm sure it was unbelievable to the defense that the prosecution missed it. They invented a story in which the failure to use this evidence was intentional, because they couldn't believe it was accidental. I see lawyers do this all the time--they assume the other side is calculating every move, but sometimes the other side just tripped over a rock.

Hi AZ!
Hopefully, you can refresh my memory. TIA
Ok, let me see if I have this right- the DT had their computer expert examine the family's hard drive and THEY found the foolproof suffocation search, but they had no legal responsibility to hand over what they uncovered because they weren't intending on using the info? Can I assume they handed over their own report? Or didn't they? How can they just eliminate other stuff they found?

Hi AZ!
Hopefully, you can refresh my memory. TIA
Ok, let me see if I have this right- the DT had their computer expert examine the family's hard drive and THEY found the foolproof suffocation search, but they had no legal responsibility to hand over what they uncovered because they weren't intending on using the info? Can I assume they handed over their own report? Or didn't they? How can they just eliminate other stuff they found?

Sorry, I'm not AZ and not an atty, but do know....the defense isn't obligated to share their findings with prosecutors. If you believe the DT's version about what and when they found this evidence, JB said in his book that the DT kept waiting for the state to bring it up. The DT thought Ashton was laying a trap or laying in wait. Sadly...neither was true.

What's really flabbergasting is the contrast to how this played out in court. I distinctly remember JB getting blasted by the judge for what looked and sounded at the time was the DT's lack of diligence in examining computer records for the relevant time period.

Attached is an email exchange between myself and Tracy Ertl of TitleTown Publishing:

Pages 240 & 241...

On Jan 24, 2013, at 11: 21 AM, Rick wrote: Please don't cancel any more appearances on my account. That's not good for you or the project. You need to stay out there and keep being controversial, or your value will be diminished. I have been avoiding you both while I reevaluated my position on this project. Even before I lost the files and had to reconstruct most of my writing from scratch, it was extremely slow going, tedious work that needed a ton of research followed by a lot of organizing and polishing. I was not very happy with what I was writing. When I agreed to do this without an advance, I think I seriously underestimated the amount of work I was trying to do while keeping myself afloat with other day work. I'm seriously reevaluating whether or not if I can even do this. Rick

Hello Rick & Cheney ~ First , Rick, thank you for your honesty. I think Cheney would agree with me that we are both people who value integrity and honesty. In agreeing to do Cheney's book, you stepped into a writing project that is much larger and more difficult than what you have done in the past. I accepted your role as Cheney's writer because I value life-long friendships and I respected his trust for you. The editor I have assigned to the project vetted you in preparation and asked me how you came to be assigned as the writer. I explained to her Cheney's trust of you. There is grace in honesty, Rick. I'm sure the book is indeed overwhelming for you. Eric and I have the resources to get this book done and out there. The time is now. The longer we wait, the more the value diminishes. Cheney, we need to talk about a revamp of the book contract before we lose any more time. The movie premiere last weekend only brought renewed interest in the case and we should be making an announcement this Spring. Eric and I would like to fly in to talk. Can you make time for us? Rick, it's going to be okay. You must trust in the destiny of this project and on Cheney, myself and my team.

Casey Anthony filed bankruptcy, as promised, the very next day. The same day, I decided to write this book.

Attached is an email exchange between myself and Tracy Ertl of TitleTown Publishing:

Pages 240 & 241...

On Jan 24, 2013, at 11: 21 AM, Rick wrote: Please don't cancel any more appearances on my account. That's not good for you or the project. You need to stay out there and keep being controversial, or your value will be diminished. I have been avoiding you both while I reevaluated my position on this project. Even before I lost the files and had to reconstruct most of my writing from scratch, it was extremely slow going, tedious work that needed a ton of research followed by a lot of organizing and polishing. I was not very happy with what I was writing. When I agreed to do this without an advance, I think I seriously underestimated the amount of work I was trying to do while keeping myself afloat with other day work. I'm seriously reevaluating whether or not if I can even do this. Rick

Hello Rick & Cheney ~ First , Rick, thank you for your honesty.I think Cheney would agree with me that we are both people who value integrity and honesty. Oh, please! :laughing: In agreeing to do Cheney's book, you stepped into a writing project that is much larger and more difficult than what you have done in the past. I accepted your role as Cheney's writer because I value life-long friendships and I respected his trust for you. The editor I have assigned to the project vetted you in preparation and asked me how you came to be assigned as the writer. I explained to her Cheney's trust of you. There is grace in honesty, Rick. I'm sure the book is indeed overwhelming for you. Eric and I have the resources to get this book done and out there. The time is now. The longer we wait, the more the value diminishes. It already has! They are never going to get the huge payday they were hoping for. NEVER! :happydance: Cheney, we need to talk about a revamp of the book contract before we lose any more time. The movie premiere last weekend only brought renewed interest in the case and we should be making an announcement this Spring. Eric and I would like to fly in to talk. Can you make time for us? Rick, it's going to be okay. You must trust in the destiny of this project and on Cheney, myself and my team.

Casey Anthony filed bankruptcy, as promised, the very next day. The same day, I decided to write this book.
My responses to the bolded parts.

Zippity...you posted that exchange without commenting on it. What is your take about what it means ?

IMO, RN's email likely provides the real reason why he abandoned the project... he was in over his head, hadn't anticipated how much time it would take to write, and didn't want to/couldn't afford to spend all that time without an advance in his pocket.

Based on that email exchange, which he provided himself, time and money caused him to drop the project. Not ethical considerations, not a realization that FCA was guilty. If the latter were his motivations (which I doubt, based on his own words), then he misrepresented his reasons to his publisher and to CM.

After finishing his book and thinking about it for a few days, the impression I get is that he wants to recoup some of the time and money he spent on a project he didn't finish. To do that he is hoping his "inside" info about CM is worth something. He never did have access to FCA, so can't profit from that.

The book isn't well organized and skips around, as do his assertions about bk fraud, the trial, and "questions" about her guilt. IMO he is trying to have it both ways, to thread a needle of maximum public acceptance -- (not angering the boycotters) without genuinely alienating CM or proclaiming that FCA is guilty.

CM isn't angry imo because this book not only isn't a threat, its a testimony to CM's craftiness and a defense of the trial verdict and of FCA's "innocence."

Hi Hope4More...

I posted my question to RN about his motives, using this section, and others statements he made, in Trisha's question thread for her upcoming radio show... My question is a bit challenging, but he wrote it so I believe its fair game....

I also 100% agree with your position on the e-book.

Zippity...you posted that exchange without commenting on it. What is your take about what it means ?

IMO, RN's email likely provides the real reason why he abandoned the project... he was in over his head, hadn't anticipated how much time it would take to write, and didn't want to/couldn't afford to spend all that time without an advance in his pocket.

Based on that email exchange, which he provided himself, time and money caused him to drop the project. Not ethical considerations, not a realization that FCA was guilty. If the latter were his motivations (which I doubt, based on his own words), then he misrepresented his reasons to his publisher and to CM.

After finishing his book and thinking about it for a few days, the impression I get is that he wants to recoup some of the time and money he spent on a project he didn't finish. To do that he is hoping his "inside" info about CM is worth something. He never did have access to FCA, so can't profit from that.

The book isn't well organized and skips around, as do his assertions about bk fraud, the trial, and "questions" about her guilt. IMO he is trying to have it both ways, to thread a needle of maximum public acceptance -- (not angering the boycotters) without genuinely alienating CM or proclaiming that FCA is guilty.

CM isn't angry imo because this book not only isn't a threat, its a testimony to CM's craftiness and a defense of the trial verdict and of FCA's "innocence."
BBM

IF his true motives to bail were financial, and he wrote this book to recoup money lost or to get a share of blood $, what better strategy than to jump out immediately and get the boycotters/Caylee supporters on your side?...

I really don't know what to think anymore. I'm not willing to completely discount his accounts of the bankruptcy fraud simply because I do think (know) fca and cm are committing a fraud, and since namey was working pretty closely with them, right up to the day fca filed, it would make sense that he would have knowledge/information...But...but, but..as time goes on, with little interest from the media, my fear is this is not going to amount to much, as far as fca goes. And for me, as much as I'd love to see her defense go down for what they did, it's all about fca. She murdered her baby and now wants to be rewarded for it. That's the part I can't get over... Even with all the big news stories breaking lately, I think if these tapes (or any of the information) had the goods on fca then the media would've jumped all over it by now. The optimistic me says maybe there's something happening behind the scenes that we just don't know about yet, but the pessimistic me thinks that maybe they're not running the story because the evidence to nail her either isn't there, or isn't being made available to them. I would love to know if namey is asking the media for money for the the tapes/interview???

All jmo.

Heidisams,

I see the good news as there is no media interest - none, zip, nadda. I can hope for no big payday, and that CM is raelly stuck with her.

IMO, OCA would have to produce her own PPV or e-books because who would pay her to for more BS?. What is this story she wants to tell? Version 85? Anyone can watch years of her BS and nonsense for free on Youtube.

Don't have the book, but I am curious after reading Hope4More's comment in the other thread re: soundbite audience. Does he say how closely he personally kept up with events prior to the trial, and did he watch the trial itself? Because what I'm reading here, it sounds as if he's relying on what CM told him and wanted him to believe.

(I haven't posted for a long time, but I see only Watcher9 has thoughts like me, lol, and I want to give Watcher some comfort that he/she is not the only one) Watcher9, you aren't the only one who is questioning all of this. Why on earth would Cheney Mason, a seasoned, years-old attorney who has probably seen it all, let this author Rick Namey (1) enter into an agreement to Ghost Write this book, audiotape Mason and CA talking to Namey, tell Namey all kinds of things (apparently, I will not buy this book), and THEN, just say, "Oh well, no harm/no foul, you don't want to finish this book Namey, because you think CA now is responsible for the death because of the foolproof suffocation search? No worries Namey, just run along, keep all of our tapes and all the information we gave you about CA, we aren't worried at all what you'll do with it. After all, I've only been trying to recoup my $1,000,000 I lost representing CA Pro Bono, but, if you publish all of this stuff without our consent, we're good with it."

Really???? The person "Blaiss" who runs that boycott page is usually all over twitter with her boycott stuff, which is fine, but I cannot TELL you how many times she has had wrong information, misinformation, will run with something that turns out to be completely untrue. Her heart is in the right place but she seems very gullible to me. Now, I see others here are thinking whatever this guy is writing is good, but does anyone here really think Mason would let this go on?

What is Mason is somehow behind all of this? I saw that Namey's book just sitting over on Amazon when this first came out, ZERO reviews. Then, Mason tries to sell his book, but it appears they did not even print it before the publication date because it said the other day "books will ship within next 1 to 2 months". I would say they did not get many presales, if any, so they weren't going to do a print run of several hundred/thousand books. Then, all of a sudden Boycott Casey is doing all of this marketing for this Namey, from which Mason is probably indirectly getting some benefit (well, I'm sure he wrote about the Constitution a lot, which isn't that interesting to me, and I read he put the full 30 page Motion to get rid of Strickland all 30 pages are in his book, lol. Then, we have Mason throwing Baez under the bus, saying Mason and CA knew NOTHING about the George molestation coming out in the Opening. Where is JB to have his say on this. Are they ALL in on this in a backwards kind of way? Does Mason know that NOTHING will ever come of anything given to the BAnkruptcy Trustee? I know I am often a conspiracy theorist, but I see Hinky written all over this stuff.

I give this a thumbs down. I will admit I am wrong if proven wrong, but, I'll just have to sit back and wait and see.

Let me try to address some of your issues:
My guess is that Cheney Mason picked me because he thought I would be more "controllable." Better the devil you know...
As for Cheney Mason being "behind all of this?" Do you really believe a forty plus year veteran lawyer would put himself in the way of potential prosecution and/or disbarment, just to sell a few books?
If we're on the same side, I wonder why you would try to sabotage the last chance to do anything about it.
I tried to be factual in everything I wrote. You're welcome to any decision you make on the purchase of my book for the gigantic sum of six dollars, but don't expect a lot of weight to be placed on a review of something you haven't read.
If you're waiting it out, then wait it out. You will see what happens and it won't cost you a dime.
Please allow the rest of us to pursue the most promising development since the conviction.

I did begin with what CM wanted me to believe and ended by changing my mind. Yes, I did follow the trial - daily and at night on the news, then HLN. On of the reasons I chided the media as much as I did in my book is that I often wondered if they were watching the same trial I was. They made daily assumptions that weren't proven and offered them as fact.

I did become convinced of her guilt, as I said, because of the time line regarding the search for "foolproof suffocation," and the circumstances of the argument she had with her mother on Caylee's last night. I know that a lot of people have continued to believe the prosecution's case since the trial, and I respect their opinions. I believe, however, as I covered in the book, that the prosecution's case was weak and ill-conceived. That doesn't mean I believe that she was not guilty, just not proven guilty.

I did begin with what CM wanted me to believe and ended by changing my mind. Yes, I did follow the trial - daily and at night on the news, then HLN. On of the reasons I chided the media as much as I did in my book is that I often wondered if they were watching the same trial I was. They made daily assumptions that weren't proven and offered them as fact.

Wished you had followed us here for the 3 plus years. It would have been quite the education, IMO.

I did become convinced of her guilt, as I said, because of the time line regarding the search for "foolproof suffocation," and the circumstances of the argument she had with her mother on Caylee's last night. I know that a lot of people have continued to believe the prosecution's case since the trial, and I respect their opinions. I believe, however, as I covered in the book, that the prosecution's case was weak and ill-conceived. That doesn't mean I believe that she was not guilty, just not proven guilty.

Hello Rick, it's good to have you here. I have only partially read your book so have yet to form an opinion.

However, regarding the bolded in your post: Ok I admit I'm a little rusty and don't remember all the specifics of the trial at this point, however I do remember being in a total state of disbelief that the jury didn't convict FCA of at least manslaughter. Just as a comparison, someone who kills someone while driving under the influence will be sentenced to manslaughter with several years of prison time. They didn't intend to kill anyone, but they were negligent, reckless, and irresponsible.

If nothing else, FCA was at least guilty of neglect that caused her daughter's death. This I believe because she willfully chose to neglect her child knowing the hazards, whatever they were. Whether it was Baez's highly questionable, last minute fairy tale of GA finding her drowned in the swimming pool in the back yard, or whether FCA left her in a hot car to suffocate, it makes no difference, again IMO. And if I am misremembering that "manslaughter" was one the options the jury had someone please correct me here. TIA

Oh, one other thing regarding GA having anything to do with it: I don't see how anyone could ever believe that scenario, any one who witnessed his reaction to the smell of death in the car and reported it in his interview with police, can see that he was as worried and frantic as to what happened to Caylee as anyone. He was every bit the loving, concerned, and worried grandfather, and, much more credible when he was on the stand than his wife, IMO. What an insult to all of our intelligence for Baez to stoop so low as to put forth such a theory. One might assume then, that he knew he had a dumbed down jury. JMO

For RickN, I always thought that the fight between CA and FCA was the beginning of the end for that child. FCA hurt her own mother in the worst way she could. Do you have any new info about that argument? I think Lee reported it but everyone else denied it happened, I think. Thanks

Well, Rick, Thank you for your comment. I was going to let it pass, but then felt compelled to reply.~~~~

I had made several more posts with some other thoughts and opinions, but they were deleted due to my referencing some social media and tabloid entertainment links is what I was told (no problem, I know the rules here). I no longer think CM is in on any marketing scheme related to your book, jur FYI.

It is somewhat interesting, however, that you think my one comment that you quoted here, one opinion in the whole of the internet, social media, written news media, televised media, true crime forums, etc., etc., can somehow "sabotage" your whole mission! To think I would have such power. Your comment seems more angry at me because I stated I did not plan to buy your book for the "gigantic sum of six dollars", you seem to be saying How could I Pass Up Such a Cheap Deal? Actually another poster here (I was somewhat puzzled by this) offered to BUY your book for me. I'm just not that interested in your book, is all.

And I really wasn't doing a "review" of your book, it was more the premise behind your book, and the marketing on social media, and why Mason would let you walk away with recorded bankruptcy law violations he and CA were committing. The reviews I have read are on Amazon, I did not buy your book, therefore I did not review your book over there or over here. I was giving a "thumbs down" to the whole scenario, not your book itself.

I don't know how you think I am preventing you from pursuing your "promising development." I really don't see it. It was a few comments of my personal opinion. From many weeks ago. I haven't posted since nor planned to post again. How could my one post put a damper on whatever it is your are doing?

Let me try to address some of your issues:
My guess is that Cheney Mason picked me because he thought I would be more "controllable." Better the devil you know...
As for Cheney Mason being "behind all of this?" Do you really believe a forty plus year veteran lawyer would put himself in the way of potential prosecution and/or disbarment, just to sell a few books?
If we're on the same side, I wonder why you would try to sabotage the last chance to do anything about it.
I tried to be factual in everything I wrote. You're welcome to any decision you make on the purchase of my book for the gigantic sum of six dollars, but don't expect a lot of weight to be placed on a review of something you haven't read.
If you're waiting it out, then wait it out. You will see what happens and it won't cost you a dime.
Please allow the rest of us to pursue the most promising development since the conviction.

Hi Rick. I am the one with the question about of you have it on tape that Cheney said that Casey would do whatever he tells her for the book. I don't doubt that he said it. I am just hoping it is on tape that can be turned over to the courts.

I am looking forward to listening to the show.

O/T. I cannot link from my tablet, but I have seen that Frank George is running for Circuit Judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper