Casey's Life in Jail, Visitors; Phone Calls; Commissary etc.#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems to me that in FL inmates are allowed way more money and things to buy than in other states? Does anyone know.
quote]
Last year a good friend of mine had to spend 3 days in Jail in Alabama(Montgomery). Neither of us had ANY knowledge of the court system, rules about jail, etc...Neither of us had ever been exposed to that which seems so common for a lot of people..Anyway, sentence was passed and friend leaves courtroom for jail with no communication with me. Both of us were shocked and scared..Did not know to leave money for an account for the comissary...Friend had to buy socks underwear toothbrush..all toiletries..So upset was friend that following a tearful phone call later that day, an inmate did give him a new pair of socks, and a bag of chips because he had missed the meal at dinner. SO, if Fla is like Ala, she has no choice but to buy what they offer as ya cant take inmates anything..and I imagine they jack the prices up so they can make money off that,,,,

Yeah in Idaho the company that has a contract with the Dept Of Corrections commisary takes full ad vantage of its 'captive 'market.Thier mark ups for items is really pretty outrageous.Especially considering that an inmate who has a prison job makes about $00.23 an hour.Not a sob sister for inmates believe me but I always thought taking such unfair advantage to profit from a bad situation was slimey.JMHO

I certainly do not think that GA giving her money to ensure she has extra snacks etc. shows "Unconditional love". It shows that he is just carrying on rewarding her (in a small way in this instance) for bad behaviour. Rewards regardless of what the person does (so called unconditional love) shapes up the bad behaviour and makes it more likely to occur. (1.01 Operant Psychology). Sadly the new age child rearing ideas that claim and practice unconditional love, are more and more in vogue with society's bleeding heart types, and is the root cause of more and more extreme bad behaviour.

Or in much more simpler psychology, it is the monetary equivalent of George easing his conscience for being such a weak father.

You can love your children forever, but that does not mean that the relationship is unconditional. They do not have to provide her support, money, letters, or anything else, yet still love her.
You may not be able to change your heart of love, and shouldn't I suppose, but an abusive relationship is not mandatory.
Casey's relationship with her parents, and her child is/was abusive.
oh yeah, it's...

yosande, that was beautifully put. Just as I believe you can forgive someone who wronged you, but don't have to live with them, see them every day, talk to them on the phone, etc.

Yeah in Idaho the company that has a contract with the Dept Of Corrections commisary takes full ad vantage of its 'captive 'market.Thier mark ups for items is really pretty outrageous.Especially considering that an inmate who has a prison job makes about $00.23 an hour.Not a sob sister for inmates believe me but I always thought taking such unfair advantage to profit from a bad situation was slimey.JMHO

That is wrong!

The markup should go to the prison system to help run it!

I didn't realize that they got paid at all. But I guess that would make sense, if they were trying to reform them. Which is suppose to be the point of our system. Not sure that it works for the most part....

In Florida you have to pay to be on Probation/Parole. I think I heard that they charge you to be in jail also, but I cant remember where I heard it from.

So I guess if you can work inside, you could offset your costs?

In Florida you have to pay to be on Probation/Parole. I think I heard that they charge you to be in jail also, but I cant remember where I heard it from.

So I guess if you can work inside, you could offset your costs?

I was shocked to learn that here in AZ a prisoner has to pay up to $200 a night while in jail. I think you can get a pretty nice hotel room for that price. However, one of the jails is a tent city and you can end up there too. In PHX they makes the men wear pink underwear. So I would think that would keep a few of the criminals on the straight and narrow. :)
Seriously , I never knew they could charge someone money to stay in jail. I think some of the things they show in TV are very far from the truth of the situation.

None of this is first hand knowledge, just what is purported on the news.

In the prison system, there are inmates with very large accounts. They are adults and believe it or not, have responsibilities. Some of the money they have is mailed by the prison at their request to attorneys, landlords, wives, children, parents, friends, victims. This thought has not crossed kc's mind. She didn't even mail flowers to her child's memorial...I expect nothing of her and I expect her parents to continue taking care of her and not making her responsible for anything.

Now why would Princess Casey bother to send flowers for her only child, after all, she did go to the trouble of sticking a pretty heart on the duct tape, shouldn't that have been enough? If Casey had ever had a desire to give things/provide for Caylee, imo she would have gotten a 'real' job years ago.

About what inmates can have/buy etc, I do know at the jail I work at, yes prices are certainly jacked up for what they can buy through the commisary, today I'll ask what the limit is on how much they can have in their acct.

VB

It seems to me that in FL inmates are allowed way more money and things to buy than in other states? Does anyone know.
quote]
Last year a good friend of mine had to spend 3 days in Jail in Alabama(Montgomery). Neither of us had ANY knowledge of the court system, rules about jail, etc...Neither of us had ever been exposed to that which seems so common for a lot of people..Anyway, sentence was passed and friend leaves courtroom for jail with no communication with me. Both of us were shocked and scared..Did not know to leave money for an account for the comissary...Friend had to buy socks underwear toothbrush..all toiletries..So upset was friend that following a tearful phone call later that day, an inmate did give him a new pair of socks, and a bag of chips because he had missed the meal at dinner. SO, if Fla is like Ala, she has no choice but to buy what they offer as ya cant take inmates anything..and I imagine they jack the prices up so they can make money off that,,,,

I believe we learned at the beginning KC can have up to $500. in her acct. Or something very close to that. If she hits her max the jail then returns anymore funds to the sender.

I don't think the prices that KC is paying are outlandish. Usually the mark up is used to keep the commissary open and if faced with paying the difference or not having a commissary I think most inmates would say it's worth it.

If KC were my daughter I wouldn't have been putting any money in her acct until she co operated with LE. Until she came clean about where her daughter is.

I would have let her know before she went in, anytime she wanted to start acting responsible I would be there. In the mean time, she would have been on her own. I know that sounds harsh, but it is less harsh than KC leaving her baby in a swamp all those months. It is way less harsh than duct tape on her face.

There's **love** for your child, and then there is PAMPERING.

I kinda feel like Casey is being pampered by being able to order up a whole bunch of treats. It's one thing for an inmate to need underwear, socks or some lotion but quite another to be able to order almost off a room service menu!

I agree with your point. But just in Dopey's case alone, I would hold back on socks, underwear and lotion as well. I regard her as an oxygen thief comes to that.

When KC filled out her first commissary form I noticed they had a whole line of products for inmates with no money. They had everything one would need at no charge. Then they had the up graded items that KC purchased. If she were mine she would not be ordering room service on my dime. She could make due with lumpy gravy and bologna.

HP is quite right, the air that she breathes is more than she deserves. When KC is out of protective custody and moved to GP at the state prison, I really wonder how long she will survive before someone decides she's gone over her air allotment, do inmates have access to duct tape?

When KC filled out her first commissary form I noticed they had a whole line of products for inmates with no money. They had everything one would need at no charge. Then they had the up graded items that KC purchased. If she were mine she would not be ordering room service on my dime. She could make due with lumpy gravy and bologna.

HP is quite right, the air that she breathes is more than she deserves. When KC is out of protective custody and moved to GP at the state prison, I really wonder how long she will survive before someone decides she's gone over her air allotment, do inmates have access to duct tape?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I think GA, CA and LA have stopped visiting her in jail because they know the jail conversations are recorded and released to the prosecutor and the public. They don't want to do anything that will further increase the probability of convicting KC of the crimes or provide information that would would help prove the case for the plaintiff in the civil suit. They also do not want enhance the probability that any of the three of them might be charged with criminal acts. The only way they can assure that is not to visit.

No disrespect intended but how could visiting KC enhance the probability of them being charged with criminal acts? The visits are on a monitor so they can't reach out and strangle her or even slap her up side the head...

They all have the ability to say a lot of words without saying anything at all so there's no fear in saying the wrong thing.

I believe the only reason the A's aren't seeing her is because KC won't see them. I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been any trips to see her at her request, only to have her change her mind once they get there.

I'm beginning to go along with the idea that they are seeing each other via Jose's computer.

Now you pointed out something that I think is totally unfair. I doubt she will ever be put in general population. Because of her crime and the known rumor of what happens to persons in general, who commite such crimes. So she will be 'protected.'

However, lots of folks will not be protected from the general population. I don't think it's right that she gets to keep herself totally way from others who are doing time. There should be some 'group' that she is required to be with. Where she has to learn to 'play nice' and by 'inmate rules', aghm... with some roomate that will put the fear in her and make her her aghm...

Can someone tell me how you can view who has put money in her inmate account? I've tried to find it, but to no avail.

TIA

Now you pointed out something that I think is totally unfair. I doubt she will ever be put in general population. Because of her crime and the known rumor of what happens to persons in general, who commite such crimes. So she will be 'protected.'

However, lots of folks will not be protected from the general population. I don't think it's right that she gets to keep herself totally way from others who are doing time. There should be some 'group' that she is required to be with. Where she has to learn to 'play nice' and by 'inmate rules', aghm... with some roomate that will put the fear in her and make her her aghm...

Susan Smith went to General Pop, after she was convicted. I doubt KC will get special treatment. They just can't put her in danger until after her conviction.:behindbar

No disrespect intended but how could visiting KC enhance the probability of them being charged with criminal acts? The visits are on a monitor so they can't reach out and strangle her or even slap her up side the head...

They all have the ability to say a lot of words without saying anything at all so there's no fear in saying the wrong thing.

I believe the only reason the A's aren't seeing her is because KC won't see them. I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been any trips to see her at her request, only to have her change her mind once they get there.

I'm beginning to go along with the idea that they are seeing each other via Jose's computer.
By discussing inconsistent statements; one to the media or courts and another among themselves. The focus was statements, not physical violence.

Susan Smith went to General Pop, after she was convicted. I doubt KC will get special treatment. They just can't put her in danger until after her conviction.:behindbar

Thank you. That is interesting. At least she will get there eventually.

Yet again, if it was anyone else and a different crime.. they would be in general.

I wonder if she knows she will be in general when the trial is done. Hmm...

Don't forget all the paper she can blow through writing:

:rose: Casey Marie Baez:rose:

:blowkiss: CMB :blowkiss:

:) :) :) Casey and Jose Baez:) :) :)

:heart: :heart: :heart: Mr and Mrs Jose Baez :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'll bet she's on her 3rd box of crayons by now. GA should send that money to replant a few trees to make up for all the paper she's wasting.

BAHAHAHAHAHA this was hilarious, I just had to say that. imo
Does anyone have an update list of things that have been bought?

It could be that she's going to play the dual personality role. Her lawyers are helping set it up by instilling ZG, not this one, but the OTHER ONE (kc's alter), thus, even if no one buys it, it may give her a good spot in the prison. I don't know the florida system but it is cushy, as cushy goes, in California, if you can snag a mental health tag.

Having worked in a prison dedicated to the mentally ill, it is unlikely that she would get harmed. They seem to put like people together. I worked on a unit for child molestors and child killers, adult killers and also a few psychotic serial killers....nothing happened. Of course they were single celled and monitored. If staff got the least bit concerned they could be moved to a different wing.

In another part of the prison that does not have psychotics but drug types, chances are a little better that harm would come to someone like kc. It's all about housing.....and that is what they are setting up for her by pressing the ZFG role.

Thank you. That is interesting. At least she will get there eventually.

Yet again, if it was anyone else and a different crime.. they would be in general.

I wonder if she knows she will be in general when the trial is done. Hmm...

'Course....ol' Susan also got two guards served with disciplinary actions/fired for having sex with them while in general pop. too. Perhaps there's a contest for how many guards these women can get in trouble.

'Course....ol' Susan also got two guards served with disciplinary actions/fired for having sex with them while in general pop. too. Perhaps there's a contest for how many guards these women can get in trouble.
Still a chance of death row.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaehj
Back