Casey's Pants & the Knife and The Cleaning of the Pontiac

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Naaa. I think it was Casey replying to her mother telling her they wanted to talk to her. There have been many discussions about what she was saying.

IMO, she said something like __ ___ ____ talk to them. (Maybe "I don't want to talk to them?")

eta: Or, another one speculated on was "why do they want to talk to me?"

When I heard that tape originally I was sure that she had said something snarky (in spoiled brat mode) back to Cindy about not wanting to talk to the police. Then Cindy hands her the phone and says, "Here, talk to them".

ETA Listening to it again, it does sound like she either says "I'll never get to talk to them" or possibly "I'll never get the trunk clean". Maybe she was complaining to Lee that the reason she couldn't talk to the 911 dispatcher was that Cindy was "all over it" and not going to let her get a word in edgewise. Sadly, I could see either statement coming from her!!

When I heard that tape originally I was sure that she had said something snarky (in spoiled brat mode) back to Cindy about not wanting to talk to the police. Then Cindy hands her the phone and says, "Here, talk to them".

Yes, she does say something snarky and is saying it at almost the exact same time that the other voice says "I'll never get this trunk clean."
You have to really listen or enhance it yourself amplifying that portion...but it's there and I can't believe LE hasn't enhanced this recording, their equipment is certainly superior to the audacity software I'm using and if I can hear it with that then they should be able to isolate and enhance that portion to the point of hearing the person in the background inhaling. kwim. They have the ability to make that voice crystal clear. Why haven't they?

ETA Listening to it again, it does sound like she either says "I'll never get to talk to them" or possibly "I'll never get the trunk clean". Maybe she was complaining to Lee that the reason she couldn't talk to the 911 dispatcher was that Cindy was "all over it" and not going to let her get a word in edgewise. Sadly, I could see either statement coming from her!!

Someone else put it on Youtube back in Nov 2008 also. They were discussing what was said also

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo7M-esOg-0[/ame]

It's Casey saying "I don't have anything to talk to them about." The first three words are said fast and run together, kind of like, I-ont-ev.
MOO

wasn't this covered before and thought she said (something along the line of)---I'll never get to talk to him (meaning TonE) ?????????:waitasec: It does put a whole new spin on what they were doing and up to.........waiting....:banghead:

wasn't this covered before and thought she said (something along the line of)---I'll never get to talk to him (meaning TonE) ?????????:waitasec: It does put a whole new spin on what they were doing and up to.........waiting....:banghead:

Zoey - I can absolutely buy that one as well. Because what I hear seems to be "I'll never get to talk to (them/him)". Maybe she started the "gimme my phone back so I can call TonE" with Lee and Cindy right then and there and then it continued on into that obnoxious phone call to them from jail later.

ITA that Casey used Caylee to get what she wanted but here's the problem:

GA/CA seemed to be living paycheck to paycheck and they were up to their eyeballs in debt. Cindy was even borrowing from her 401k plan. In all honesty, I don't think they could have afforded daycare for Caylee.

It would have also been extremely difficult to take Caylee from Casey considering she had no documented history of child neglect, drug addiction, or anything of that sort. If Casey had been convicted of grand theft and she only got probation, they still wouldn't have been able to get custody. If she did jail time, they probably would have been awarded temporary custody and provided government funds to cover daycare and expenses but Casey would have gotten her back once she got out of jail.

Their only option was to kick Casey out and my guess is Casey told them if I go, Caylee goes. If it's true a counselor told CA she had to kick Casey out, that's probably why. CA/GA knew Casey couldn't care for Caylee financially or any other way without their help. They were stuck between a rock and a hard place. CA spelled it all out in her 'Where is my Caylee' letter. Although she didn't come right out and say it, the letter implied Casey was an unfit mother, incapable of taking care of Caylee. Proving it in court and getting custody is extremely difficult.

IMO

She would not have gotten custody if she could not provide Caylee with her own room.

I found the knife to be so out of the ordinary, it has to be significant. I can't help but think of he many times I've used a serated edged knife, like a steak knife, to cut duct tape. It's so sticky, I find it sticks to scissors when you try to cut it. It is easier to start a rip with a knife and rip off a piece. I would be surprised if that knife was not used in connection with the tape.

But BBM, didn't you get the impression that Cindy really loved the baby. If you listen to her last 911 call, you can here her literally breaking at the end (she is in the background as George is coming home and she is trying to say Caylee's name and it takes her three times to get the name out). So I believe she loved her very much and took good care of her.

I think that KC used leaving as a lever in getting what she wanted, when all Cindy had to do was get her arrested on the bad checks which would have been a felony. It was grand theft. She could have gotten custody that way and it would have been incredibly difficult for KC to get the baby back without working and having a place for the child. They would not be giving her the baby if she could not provide a home. BUT Cindy obviously was terrified that she would lose Caylee but she had threatened custody many times.

Oh, I have absolutely no doubt that CA loved Caylee with all of her being. The gut-wrenching sound of her voice in that last 911 call breaks my heart every time I hear it. In spite of how much she loved Caylee, however, CA turned a blind eye to the things that KC was doing, ie lying, stealing, etc., instead of using those things to take Caylee away. I agree she should have put KC out and filed for custody, but I don't think she wanted to give up on KC. She still, to this day, doesn't want to. IMO, CA still looked at KC as a kid that had some growing up to do instead of the young adult who needed help for her issues. Sad. All the way around.

bump fyi knife question for add'l discussion fyi/fwiw

Thanks Bond. I read up on it and it is the knife found in the car and it has several threads on it which appear to be duct tape, but there is nothing in the evidence I read that backs up the Hinkley tape being the same tape on the knife.

It is just amazing to me that she washed this knife, yet there are still fibers from the duct tape on it. And more than one.

This case is going to be soooooo interesting at trial.

Maybe it's not what remained on the knife as much as it is what cut the duct tape? I would think the experts would know exactly what the duct tape was cut or ripped with. jmo

Thanks Bond. I read up on it and it is the knife found in the car and it has several threads on it which appear to be duct tape, but there is nothing in the evidence I read that backs up the Hinkley tape being the same tape on the knife.

It is just amazing to me that she washed this knife, yet there are still fibers from the duct tape on it. And more than one.

This case is going to be soooooo interesting at trial.
*bbm*

YW, Solace. Although I'm a bit confused by this post. IIRC, as you indicated @ first, the evidence does NOT support that the fibers on the knife are from the Henkle duct tape. Yet, you also commented that you were amazed there are still fibers from the duct tape on it [knife].

I'm easily confused. lol.

*bbm*

YW, Solace. Although I'm a bit confused by this post. IIRC, as you indicated @ first, the evidence does NOT support that the fibers on the knife are from the Henkle duct tape. Yet, you also commented that you were amazed there are still fibers from the duct tape on it [knife].

I'm easily confused. lol.

Let me clarify. I believe that the fibers are from the duct tape, But the FBI does not say conclusively that they are. But obviously someone thinks the knife is a good piece of evidence since it is posted on February 10, 2010.

This is the knife that Cindy found in the car. She washed this knife. Yet after the knife was looked at, fibers "which appear to be from duct tape" are still attached to the knife. I believe KC used this knife to cut the tape. The knife was taken from a drawer of cutlery that was NEVER used. Cindy said they had two sets and this set was on the bottom and never used and that is where the knife came from. As I said, I BELIEVE this knife was used and that the fibers are from the Hinkley Duct Tape, but, and the but is important, the FBI cannot conclusively say the fibers are.

Hope that works for you.

All I am hearing is * I don't have anything to talk to them* & hubby says I have bionic ears. As a paranormal investigator, I had to use my ears a lot when going over evidence. I hear nothing about a trunk. Sorry guys. :(

Let me clarify. I believe that the fibers are from the duct tape, But the FBI does not say conclusively that they are. But obviously someone thinks the knife is a good piece of evidence since it is posted on February 10, 2010.

This is the knife that Cindy found in the car. She washed this knife. Yet after the knife was looked at, fibers "which appear to be from duct tape" are still attached to the knife. I believe KC used this knife to cut the tape. The knife was taken from a drawer of cutlery that was NEVER used. Cindy said they had two sets and this set was on the bottom and never used and that is where the knife came from. As I said, I BELIEVE this knife was used and that the fibers are from the Hinkley Duct Tape, but, and the but is important, the FBI cannot conclusively say the fibers are.

Hope that works for you.

I understand your point. Just to clarify, though, the fact that the State releases something does not mean that they think it is a "good piece of evidence" or even that it is evidence at all. It just means that it is information in their possession that is related to the case and is required to be released under the Sunshine Laws.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran
Back