Casey's Reaction to Found Remains was Video Taped

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, maybe I am playing devil's advocate...how can you tell the difference between a "guilt" reaction and "devastated that could be my baby so close to my house" reaction? Because of the way she reacted to the first set of 'bones' that were found?

Did LP stage that entire 'find' so that her reaction could be compared for when the remains were really found?

Not trying to be snarky but it will probably sound that way. The difference would be:

1. "I can't believe this is happening" (to me) ...meaning "I can't believe they found the body, Lee was supposed to make sure that it was moved"

2. "I can't believe this is happening....OMG...they found my baby. She's dead. I can't believe she's dead. I miss her and love her so much. I hope this isn't really my baby cause I don't want to live if my baby is dead.

Get the difference?

Source: Anthony's Reaction To Remains Taped

POSTED: 5:57 pm EST February 19, 2009

WESH 2 News reporter Bob Kealing reported Thursday that Casey Anthony was purposefully taken to a jail nurse's station in December and seated where she could see breaking news coverage on TV about the child's remains. A video camera documented her reaction, a source said.

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in connection with Caylee's death. She is in Orange County Jail on no bond awaiting trial later this year.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18753750/de...05020102192009

I don't think the State would introduce this at trial. I think purposely positioning her in front of the news coverage for the purpose of gauging her reaction is tantamount to custodial interrogation i.e., "any words or action on the part of the police (other than those normally attendant to arrest and custody) that the police should know are reasonably likely to elicit an incriminating response from the suspect."-- and constitutes a Miranda violation.

I think the only way this would come in at trial is if Casey takes the stand and the footage can be used to impeach her testimony.

I'd LOVE to see it, but I hope it's not released to the public pre-trial.

KB on NG just now said the tape exists, but it hasn't been released YET. Does that mean it's going to be released?!!

Sorry....got a little EXCITED! I want to see that tape!

MY I would love to see that tape as well.

I am guessing JB would try to pooh-pooh it by saying 'Oh she reacted that way because of the close proximity to her home, the media suppositions that it was, in fact, Caylee,' etc.?

I would love to see it as well but wonder if HIPPA laws would apply while at least in the nursing station. Anyone know? I know exactly how they apply at a doc's office or hospital but not sure about jail.

Too bad they didn't tape her reaction from the JBP discovery so that the jury may compare reactions..*snap*

Who's to say they didn't?

Probably not, but if they did it would really be something for the jury to see.

I would love to see it as well but wonder if HIPPA laws would apply while at least in the nursing station. Anyone know? I know exactly how they apply at a doc's office or hospital but not sure about jail.
Nope...they were not video taping her medical treatment or assessment they were taping her reaction to the news. Also, there is no expectation of privacy anywhere within the jail complex.

There's your answer!

I hate to say this... but how many of us did not think this was little Caylee? I think everyone knew before the "official" tests were conducted that this was her. Casey knew as well - especially if she was watching the news. Every news broadcast was already speculating that this was her. It was impossible for it not to be her.

I hate to say this... but how many of us did not think this was little Caylee? I think everyone knew before the "official" tests were conducted that this was her. Casey knew as well - especially if she was watching the news. Every news broadcast was already speculating that this was her. It was impossible for it not to be her.
Then how come she had no reaction to Caylee possibly being found at Jay Blanchard Park???

Then how come she had no reaction to Caylee possibly being found at Jay Blanchard Park???

Exactly!
I remember several occasions when posters (myself included!) freaked out and thought different unrelated discoveries might be Caylee.

Casey's reaction to ONLY this discovery speaks for itself, IMO.

They were talking about the relevancy of the tape on NG and I think that this tape is relevant because of the timing.
I thought that when KC broke down it was the first day of the discovery of the remains? She didn't know it was her daughter, eventhough everyone speculated that is was indeed Caylee. It was not confirmed until Dec. 19 that it WAS Caylee. KC kept saying that the babysitter stole her but yet it was someone that she trusted.

When they reported the finding at JBP of bones and toys, KC didn't double over and need sedatives. I think it was reported that she said something like "they haven't even found her clothes yet".

So I very much believe that she knew Caylee body was there and came to realized that her A## was grass, her goose was cooked.

The only way that I can answer that question is based off what I felt from the news at Jay Blanchard Park. I remeber that the news from that day was only that "possible" remains were found. Nothing was 100%. Based on all of the news that was coming out back then - if you remember every day they were finding something else that they thought was a break. It was hard to believe it all.

One other thought. KC kept referencing Jay Blanchard park because she wanted the focus to stay there. She knew if they kept looking there they would never find anything. She def. knew this was Caylee. We all know that.

While there was news coverage everyday, with her in jail how was she seeing everything that was being reported? IMO, she knew she was busted BIG time. Although, we probably have "misconstrued" this reaction and we'll throw it back in her face! :)

One other thought. KC kept referencing Jay Blanchard park because she wanted the focus to stay there. She knew if they kept looking there they would never find anything. She def. knew this was Caylee. We all know that.
Bingo! Which is why her reaction to Caylee's remains was at being caught, she knew 100% without a doubt it was Caylee's body because only she knew where she'd put her.

Can someone refresh my memory about how we know what casey's reaction was to the supposed "find" at Jay Blanchard park? My understanding was that LP and compnay reported to the media a possible find of bones, which was not, and that was it. How do we know that casey was notified of this and by whom? I can't remember. Links, anyone? Thanks!!

So her reaction was extreme - not able to breathe etc. What if she had no reaction at all, like with the Jay Blanchard Park incident? What would we think then? Would we be saying what a cold hearted bit**? (not saying that she is not). I am not trying to get anyone upset. I am simply trying to understand our feelings towards the evidence without bias - as hard as that is.

A bit of clarification may be needed here - watch the full video report on WESH.
http://www.wesh.com/video/18754210/index.html

My take on this is, she had no idea that anything at all was found until she was taken to the nurses station and saw the commercial-free, interrupt-regular-programming, massive live TV coverage by every local station.

She did not talk to the priest until later.

ETA: And yes, I would LOVE to see this video! Hope it gets the public release it deserves.

The LE don't tape just for confessions. But to get clues to solve the case.

After seeing her reaction, it would be a big clue that it's an imporant site. JBP, she didn't show any fear. Even with the 'finds'. Nothing. Yet this one, she flips.

This told the LE to search the site very carefully.

Even if it's not allowed in court, her reaction told the LE alot. Which would have been told to them by witnesses (nurse, guard, etc) without it being taped.

Can someone refresh my memory about how we know what casey's reaction was to the supposed "find" at Jay Blanchard park? My understanding was that LP and compnay reported to the media a possible find of bones, which was not, and that was it. How do we know that casey was notified of this and by whom? I can't remember. Links, anyone? Thanks!!

I remember that some bones were found in the river by LP's crew. Very soon after that - it was determined to be nothing. That is when they wanted to give LP a lie detector test. If KC was listening on her radio, maybe she knew, but it was not official like the find where the remains were found.
Here is a link to the story.
http://snarkfood.com/breaking-divers-in-casey-anthony-case-may-have-found-remains/

Reporters were conveying information they apparently received from sources inside the jail.

Drew Petrimoulx reported on Nancy Grace: "But she saw the early stages of the investigation today, and she saw that -- you know, that they -- it wasn`t determined yet that this was false, and she basically just turned around, went back into her cell with no reaction." transcript

That's the first time I remember hearing her reaction to the JBP finds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela