DNA Solves

If Caylee drowned in the Anthony's pool would they have taken the pool down

• Yes

Votes: 239 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 34 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But what kind of idiot would take an accident where a child drowned and tape their whole face up and let them rot in the trunk? I just cannot come to terms with she drowned. The duct tape defies this explanation. I mean-why even bother with the duct tape? Why not just dispose of her and say all these same things she has said? Why the duct tape? This question eliminates so many possibilties for me.

But what kind of idiot would take an accident where a child drowned and tape their whole face up and let them rot in the trunk? I just cannot come to terms with she drowned. The duct tape defies this explanation. I mean-why even bother with the duct tape? Why not just dispose of her and say all these same things she has said? Why the duct tape? This question eliminates so many possibilties for me.

ITA! Besides, being the master manipulator that she is, KC would surely have milked an accident for all it was worth. She could have been the center of attention, everyone would have felt sorry for her, consoling her, prime targets for her to use and manipulate them to get exactly what she wanted. I don't buy that she was afraid to tell Cindy anything! I might have at one time, but after seeing Cindy's face and anguish on the video where KC has her now infamous fit, and how she and GA walked on eggshells and chose their words so very carefully, I don't think it was KC who was afraid of her parents. I think it was the other way around. No. I just can't see an accident no matter how I might try. I think the only reason she didn't use the accident story was because of something that would have clearly shown it was no accident. Thus why she had to hide the body. JMO, of course.

ITA! Besides, being the master manipulator that she is, KC would surely have milked an accident for all it was worth. She could have been the center of attention, everyone would have felt sorry for her, consoling her, prime targets for her to use and manipulate them to get exactly what she wanted. I don't buy that she was afraid to tell Cindy anything! I might have at one time, but after seeing Cindy's face and anguish on the video where KC has her now infamous fit, and how she and GA walked on eggshells and chose their words so very carefully, I don't think it was KC who was afraid of her parents. I think it was the other way around. No. I just can't see an accident no matter how I might try. I think the only reason she didn't use the accident story was because of something that would have clearly shown it was no accident. Thus why she had to hide the body. JMO, of course.

Precisely. She could have used an accident to her advantage really, gotten sympathy and comfort and pity and more...but this way? She gets life in prison...It does not add up to a drowning to me.

I agree............................

The one thing that has always bothered me about this case from the very beginning is the fact that cadaver dogs hit on three areas of the backyard.......one by the pool, one by the playhouse, and one elsewhere in the yard.

At the bond hearing it was explained by the dog handler that their cadaver dog hit on the three areas and they followed that up by bringing in an independent cadaver dog and handler (not one affiliated with the Orange County Sheriffs Dept.) and the second dog hit on the same three places. So, I think it's fairly conclusive that the cadaver dogs picked up the scent of a cadaver in the Anthony's backyard.

It's logical to assume that at some point in time there was a cadaver or clothing or blankets that the cadaver was once wrapped in, somewhere in the Anthony's backyard.

There's a pool in the backyard and it's natural to question if Caylee accidently drowned in that pool. But we know that if it was as simple as an accidental drowning, Casey would have called 911 and acted the part of the grief-stricken mother.

We know that there was duct tape over Caylee's mouth and nose, but other than suffocation, we don't know if Casey killed her by other means, and applied the duct tape after death, or to hasten death, or in addition to the other means. That other means would have been detected by the medical examiner. If Casey overdosed Caylee with some sort of medication, or injected her with something, that's something that would have been readily detected. So, Casey couldn't call 911 and claim an accidental drowning because a medical examiner would have found the cause of death, and it wouldn't be by drowning.

Besides all that is posted above....the main reason I'm not buying the accidental pool drowning theory is, look at who the theory came from, enuff said!

I agree............................

The one thing that has always bothered me about this case from the very beginning is the fact that cadaver dogs hit on three areas of the backyard.......one by the pool, one by the playhouse, and one elsewhere in the yard.

At the bond hearing it was explained by the dog handler that their cadaver dog hit on the three areas and they followed that up by bringing in an independent cadaver dog and handler (not one affiliated with the Orange County Sheriffs Dept.) and the second dog hit on the same three places. So, I think it's fairly conclusive that the cadaver dogs picked up the scent of a cadaver in the Anthony's backyard.

It's logical to assume that at some point in time there was a cadaver or clothing or blankets that the cadaver was once wrapped in, somewhere in the Anthony's backyard.

There's a pool in the backyard and it's natural to question if Caylee accidently drowned in that pool. But we know that if it was as simple as an accidental drowning, Casey would have called 911 and acted the part of the grief-stricken mother.

We know that there was duct tape over Caylee's mouth and nose, but other than suffocation, we don't know if Casey killed her by other means, and applied the duct tape after death, or to hasten death, or in addition to the other means. That other means would have been detected by the medical examiner. If Casey overdosed Caylee with some sort of medication, or injected her with something, that's something that would have been readily detected. So, Casey couldn't call 911 and claim an accidental drowning because a medical examiner would have found the cause of death, and it wouldn't be by drowning.

Yes, something with Caylee's decomp on it was in the backyard at one point for some reason. I'm thinking possibly something being rinsed off/out like the carseat, or maybe just the buckets of water that they had cleaned the trunk out with. KWIM? Scrub the stain in the trunk with soapy water then pour it out in the backyard. It would account for the different spots that were hit on by the dogs. And, since we know that KC was searching household weapons, chloroform, etc months prior to Caylee's demise, I think it is safe to assume that KC had at least thought about getting rid of her and the different ways she could "get away with it". She could have easily set her parents up for a drowning in the pool accident. "Mom, did you move the pool ladder outside? Caylee climbed in the pool today! It scared me to death! She could have drowned! We're gonna have to watch that!" A drowning would have been simple. No. I think there was something, an injury of sorts, that made an accidental drowning out of the question.

And let's not forget that Cindy herself stated that it could not have been an accident, that Casey would have called for help and told them. Nope, they all stuck with the kidnap story all the way. Couldn't admit that Casey was anyway involved in the death of her daughter.

As for the decomp in the backyard, I believe there has been some speculation in other threads that there could have been decomp on the gas cans, and that they might have been set down in the backyard.

Wonder if the area near the pool the cadavar dogs alerted to wasn't where kc set the shovel down, after using it to lift little Caylee's decomposing body into plastic bags while in her trunk. I think kc would be lazy enough to not want to pull a hose out to wash off the shovel, rather she might wash it off in the pool? I also believe there were items washed and the water was dumped in the backyard. I don't remember seeing a sink or drain in the A's garage - near the laundry area. I think if there were a drain closer than the backyard she would have used that to dump water out. Maybe she just used pool water to clean with?

I used to wonder if Caylee did accidently drown and if the duct tape wasn't KC's attempt to cover her *advertiser censored** and try to make the death appear to be someone else's fault (like an evil kidnapper). KC's comment of "I guess I'm just a spiteful *advertiser censored*" was a variant of a Freudian slip. This statement convinced me that Caylee didn't die as an accident, but rather KC killed her to punish her mother, CA.

Dr. G believes the tape was placed before or around the time of death. This means that if KC placed the tape after a drowning, in order to stage a kidnapping, she would have also been within the timeframe that she could have performed CPR on Caylee (and obviously called 911). So if we are to accept that it was an accident, how do we jive this with the time of the placement of the tape?

As has been pointed out before, placing duct tape on damp skin does not produce good results as far as stickiness. Although, I have always wondered if the tape was place post mortem as a means to keep fluids from leaking out of Caylee's nose and mouth. If she did drown, it would be plausible that fluid would leak out, but again - it would be hard to get the tape to stick down tightly if the skin were damp. I doubt the only place the tape was sticking was her hair.

It defies logic. But the answer in this case would be one who is more afraid of her own mother's reaction to what may have happened than anything else coming her way. Or, a person who is too proud to admit that a mistake resulting in a tragedy of this degree could ever have happened under their own nose. Or, some form of answers one and two combined .

For instance, if KC and GA = same, then they could have helped each other in some way to avoid CA's wrath initially, thus the snowballing out of control statement.

Or, if GA's nose was involved, he would not be able to face CA with the truth of what happened because he is too proud but then so is CA.

If KC acted totally alone, I don't understand the responses from many of her friends. Several 'guess' it must have been an accident when asked by LE to give an opinion of what they think may have happened.

If someone outside KC's family is involved, even if not directly, I don't understand why they would not step forward with information. Or, maybe they have and what they told LE has aided the conclusion that KC killed Caylee.

Another haunting remark that comes to mind every so often that I have not heard an explanation for is ~ when Lee asks KC something like, was it like what happened before? or, the same thing that happened before?

Lee suggests that something else had happened before - a near accident? a lashing out of some sort? a drunk fest? leaving Caylee unattended? a seizure? - one can only imagine. I wonder what he was referring to.

Dr. G believes the tape was placed before or around the time of death. This means that if KC placed the tape after the drowning, in order to stage a kidnapping, she would have also been within the timeframe that she could have performed CPR on Caylee (and obviously called 911). So if we are to accept that it was an accident, how do we jive this with the time of the placement of the tape?

I remember seeing a myspace message that said something about everyone dies and a friend replied 'still you don't just help them along like an animal' or something like that. These little things/remembrances lead me to believe that there are people within KC's world that know exactly what happened. They either have revealed their story to LE and we do not know it or they never did because they are too afraid.

Either way, it's terrible, because all the time, cost and speculation when someone (besides KC) may know the truth. There is even that accident that happened at Fusion that has never been fully disclosed that lingers within my thoughts. So many strange surrounding timely coincidences that could offer an explanation other than that KC just outright murdered Caylee. But, you'd think by now, someone would have come forward with additional info.

Precisely. She could have used an accident to her advantage really, gotten sympathy and comfort and pity and more...but this way? She gets life in prison...It does not add up to a drowning to me.

You're thinking 'normal' people though. If there's one thing I've noticed is that these people (the A's) none of them can admit if and when they've been wrong. Have we ever heard CA apologize to TM or LE for giving them so much grief for looking for a deceased Caylee? No, she just goes on to blame them further that because they didn't find her alive soon enough that now she IS dead and was put in that location to frame KC. No Amber alert blah, blah, blah - never addresses the fact that Amber alerts are good for the first 24 or so hours of a kidnapping. Never once does CA say she 'gets it' that an Amber alert does not fit a case when THE FACT IS that neither you, your husband or your daughter were concerned enough about your missing Grandchild to alert LE to the matter prior to finding a reeking abandoned car.

Is this normal? No wonder KC is the way she is. I just can't help but suspect a bigger picture.

Another haunting remark that comes to mind every so often that I have not heard an explanation for is ~ when Lee asks KC something like, was it like what happened before? or, the same thing that happened before?

Lee suggests that something else had happened before - a near accident? a lashing out of some sort? a drunk fest? leaving Caylee unattended? a seizure? - one can only imagine. I wonder what he was referring to.

WBG, do you have a quote for that? I will look too, as I remember it vaguely. I think in my head it was "this isn't like before" but my memory is sieve-like in the extreme. Did she "lose" Caylee for a period of time previously?

ETA: Agh, mods, I promise that if I find it I will take it off the ladder thread and to a discussion/theories thread. Unless I find evidence that Caylee had got up the ladder unattended before. Swearsies.

My bad. Sorry I got carried away with off-topic remarks. Can they be moved to theories thread?

I keep going over this accidental drowning theory to see if it is even remotely possible. One obvious fact to me to consider was what was the weather like that Monday.

Using the link provided in our monthly time line the morning was 86 degrees, calm and clear until 1:53pm.

According to GA he saw KC leave the house around 12:50.
1-2 pm the computer usage was 1%
1:00 PM- AL calls
1:26 PM- texts JG
1:37 PM- text from JG
1:44 PM- calls AH
@2:00PM-GA leaves for work

From 2:00-3:00PM the computer usage was at 82%

2:53 PM- the weather was 89 degrees but mostly cloudy.

2:52 PM- call from JG which he claims he heard Caylee in the background.

* The computer usage from 3-4PM is not listed
3:04 PM- call from GA

3:23 PM- the weather was 82 degrees overcast.

3:35 PM- calls AL

At 3:48 the temperature dropped to 75 degrees and was raining.

By 3:53 it was 73 degrees and a heavy rain.

At 4:03 it was 75 degrees and a light rain.

Now the flurry of phone calls.

4:10 PM- calls GA at work
4:11 PM -calls CA twice
4:13 PM -calls CA twice
4:14 PM- calls GA
4:18 PM- texts AL

4:18 pm - cell tower pings near Chickasaw Trail

4:19 PM- text from AL
4:19 PM- calls AL
4:21 PM- calls JG twice
4:25 PM- calls CA

At 5:53 the weather is 75 degrees and clear.

The weather was warm enough and nice enough to go in the pool in the morning but then very quickly turned to heavy rain by afternoon. Narrowing down a time line, the computer was in high use from 2-3pm and KC assumptively had little interacton with Caylee. Now if JG was correct in hearing Caylee in the background we can move the time line to 3-4pm. At 3:23 it was overcast and by 3:48 it was raining. She placed a call to AL at 3:35pm. It would be between 3pm and 3:35pm for a possible quick swim. It would be interesting to see what the computer usage is for this time frame but none is listed.

The accident could be possible but IMO, I don't believe it when you add in the duct tape and chloroform. I came up with a possible scenario to explain what could have happened in that time frame. KC tells Caylee she can go for a swim. Seeing that it will rain soon makes it easy for her to get Caylee out of the pool quickly. The chloroform could be on a towel/blanket used for Caylee when she gets out of the pool making her unconsious. She could also be going thru the motions of changing her from her bathing suit making everything appear normal. KC could then apply the duct tape to her leaving her near the pool which could explain the cadaver dog hit. Leaving her wrapped up she then moves her to another place in the yard to hide her like in the playhouse which was another area the cadaver dog hit on. By this time it could be starting to sprinkle and she was rushing to get inside forgetting about the ladder by the pool. She would then return the next day to retrieve her to move her to the car. My personal opinion is this was done with intent, spite and selfishness. Whatever did happen, there is no reasonable or acceptable explanation for why it happened.

My bad. Sorry I got carried away with off-topic remarks. Can they be moved to theories thread?

You carried me away right with you! Still haven't found the Lee/Casey convo. Now back to finish perusing Mom4's post and pretend I have not been thinking off-topic one little bit. :angel:

I keep going over this accidental drowning theory to see if it is even remotely possible. One obvious fact to me to consider was what was the weather like that Monday. (SNIP) The chloroform could be on a towel/blanket used for Caylee when she gets out of the pool making her unconsious. She could also be going thru the motions of changing her from her bathing suit making everything appear normal. KC could then apply the duct tape to her leaving her near the pool which could explain the cadaver dog hit. Leaving her wrapped up she then moves her to another place in the yard to hide her like in the playhouse which was another area the cadaver dog hit on. By this time it could be starting to sprinkle and she was rushing to get inside forgetting about the ladder by the pool. She would then return the next day to retrieve her to move her to the car. My personal opinion is this was done with intent, spite and selfishness. Whatever did happen, there is no reasonable or acceptable explanation for why it happened.

RSB&UM. Mom4life, I am headed more toward the "chloroform on the blanket" theory myself and I appreciate your thoughts. I underlined that one sentence because it absolutely terrifies me to consider that perhaps she just knocked Caylee out while Caylee expected to have a vigorous post-swim drydown of the sort that I remember my mom and dad giving me... Thank you for your points on the rain that day too. More puzzle pieces going click-click-click in this little Ynot's brain, and ever-expanding respect for my fellow WSers here.

I'd never believe an accidental drowning and hope it's not even brought up to a jury. Caylee was found with her clothes, her hair didn't seem to be put up as if swimming, and it would have been too much trouble for Casey IMO. Casey would probably have to get in the pool herself to drown her, and there might have been some sort of a struggle for survival. There's no reports of any bruises or scratches on Casey by her friends. I doubt if she'd knock her out and throw her in because there could have been vomiting or screaming. Accidental drowning also doesn't explain the searches online about missing kids, chloroform, etc. much less the duct tape across the mouth and nose. I think she was going to stage a carjacking abduction and hung onto a way to get around longer than intended. Casey had already staged a robbery at the atm machine, so that was in her M.O.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back