DNA Solves

If Caylee drowned in the Anthony's pool would they have taken the pool down

• Yes

Votes: 239 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 34 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe KC was in the yard and needed to wash off the smell of decomposition and did not want to do it in the house, started to drag out the ladder then changed her mind and drug over the container instead. No reason the put the ladder away as she knew Caylee was not coming home. JMO

Debbie Bennett Interview with LE....Pool Discussion on page 13. States that a few days before the gas can incident that CA told her that she came home and let the dogs out and was worried they would get out.
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/18974353/detail.html

The 23rd is the day that Casey actually took the gas cans. The 24th is the day George noticed and called the police (and later that day Casey returned the *advertiser censored**ing cans).

The only day that fits Debbie's recollection that Pool Ladder Day was shortly before the day that George called the police about the gas cans--and also fits George's recollection that he learned of the pool ladder incident during a phone call with Cindy shortly after she got home and while he was at work at Security Forces--is June 23.

6/23 George got 2 calls on his cell FROM Cindy at 5:23 pm and 5:24 pm. George's recollection was that he had learned of the pool ladder situation when HE called Cindy, but perhaps this is not such a big discrepancy.

I had assumed that Cindy was not at the house at 5:23 pm when she called George, because she called the house phone at 5:21 pm (then Casey's cell phone at 5:22 pm) before calling George. But I suppose she could have hit the wrong speed dial for Casey and accidentally called the house. It really doesn't make much sense for her to have been calling the house phone otherwise, as she would have thought no one was home.

After the 2 calls to George, Cindy again called Casey. After trading calls a couple of times, she eventually spoke to Casey for 11 minutes at 5:35 pm.

At 5:50 pm, Cindy called her mother (Shirley P) from the house phone for 4 minutes, so she was definitely at the house by then.

I'm starting to think the 23rd was Pool Ladder Day, which would mean that Casey left the pool ladder up and the gate open on the same day that she and Tony broke open the shed to get the gas cans. But Tony said nothing about Casey using the pool for anything that day.... :waitasec:

The 23rd is the day that Casey actually took the gas cans. The 24th is the day George noticed and called the police (and later that day Casey returned the *advertiser censored**ing cans).

The only day that fits Debbie's recollection that Pool Ladder Day was shortly before the day that George called the police about the gas cans--and also fits George's recollection that he learned of the pool ladder incident during a phone call with Cindy shortly after she got home and while he was at work at Security Forces--is June 23.

6/23 George got 2 calls on his cell FROM Cindy at 5:23 pm and 5:24 pm. George's recollection was that he had learned of the pool ladder situation when HE called Cindy, but perhaps this is not such a big discrepancy.

I had assumed that Cindy was not at the house at 5:23 pm when she called George, because she called the house phone at 5:21 pm (then Casey's cell phone at 5:22 pm) before calling George. But I suppose she could have hit the wrong speed dial for Casey and accidentally called the house. It really doesn't make much sense for her to have been calling the house phone otherwise, as she would have thought no one was home.

After the 2 calls to George, Cindy again called Casey. After trading calls a couple of times, she eventually spoke to Casey for 11 minutes at 5:35 pm.

At 5:50 pm, Cindy called her mother (Shirley P) from the house phone for 4 minutes, so she was definitely at the house by then.

I'm starting to think the 23rd was Pool Ladder Day, which would mean that Casey left the pool ladder up and the gate open on the same day that she and Tony broke open the shed to get the gas cans. But Tony said nothing about Casey using the pool for anything that day.... :waitasec:

Yes, thank you. I noticed that confusion too so I've added a copy of the police report to my post showing the date of June 24, 2008 that GA actually called LE about the missing cans. YM tells DB that gas can day was the 23rd but he may have been thinking about the day KC must have taken the cans. I typed the interview as I read it.

Respectfully snipped...

Cindy tells Debbie the morning of June 23 about the gas cans because that was the day that GA called the police. Does that mean that the gas cans were noticed missing on June 22? Or did GA call CA at work and tell her this in the AM on the 23rd? (I know this has been sleuthed because KC shows up later at the house with the gas cans on the 23rd and it is believed that CA tipped KC off which doesn't make much sense to me). Did we ever determine how CA knew that the gas cans were missing considering she leaves for work early in the morning? Or is GA building a case/trail for yard invasion? Why did GA later report to LE how he found the cans in KC's trunk later that day on the 23rd but he never called LE to tell them that when he did.

The SIGNIFICANT thing is that Debbie was able to recall that the ladder/gate story took place BEFORE June 23rd which is consistent with what CA has reported. DB doesn't confirm the day as June 17 though. Debbie would have likely heard about the ladder on June 18 if the ladder/gate observation took place on June 17 as per CA. That would be a full week earlier than gas can day.* :waitasec:

*Noting, I'm happy Debbie recalls that the ladder incident took place BEFORE the gas can incident considering she is being asked questions about her conversations with Cindy five months after they took place.

ADDING: http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/files/george_anthony_burglary.pdf
I copied the above as it appears in the Docs. The gas can report is dated June 24, 2008. Proof as per linked copy here.

In response to the part I bolded:

George said in his state deposition that he told Cindy that about the gas can burglary the morning of June 24. He said he and Cindy talked about the can cans being taken again that day when they met up at the bank to cash a stimulous check.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/080509 George Anthony Depo Pgs 151 - 200.pdf
Page 40

I think this interview took place on July 31, 1008. I have to check this because the written transcript is not dated as it was transcribed initially from an Audio interview. (Interview was conducted on July 31, 2008 per post No. 72/official docs. thread.)

Page 39 of transcript

GA says the 24th is gas can day
he was last in the shed the 22nd, Sunday, the 22nd early afternoon.

Around 10:30AM on the 24th shed doors open and gas was gone.
Called Sheriff's Dept.

Later the same day he met CA at bank to deposit stimulus check. Got back home around 2:25 or 2:30PM. 4:30-5:00PM garage door goes up - KC comes in the house.

Pg. 43, line 21 - KC says 'here's your F'ing cans'.

GA says he calls CA later.

Pg. 78 - GA - um, is my daughter not telling the truth? Yeah she knows a lot more than what's going on. Has she just completely blanked this out or she just trying to cover up something that might've went wrong? It's possible.

SB - Yeah.

GA - Hell no my wife and I had that, this scenario walking around our pool. We have an above ground pool at our house. It might have been the second or third day that our daughter was gone after all this stuff started getting, getting out about our daughter. My wife and I just walked down by our pool and she said, George, remember the day that I called you at work. And I asking you why you left the gate open, why you left the ladder on the pool? I said, number one is, I don't leave the gate open. 'Cause we have two Yorkies we let out.

SB - Uh-huh (Affirmative)

GA - Whenever someone's home. And I said, the ladder that's instantaneous we been taking it off since our.. granddaughter has been swimming with us.

SB - Right.

GA - And we're always very... we take that off.

SB - (Inaudible)...

GA - and we set it to the side. There's no way that my granddaughter can put it back up to get in the pool. 'Cause the pool's almost five feet tall. It's five feet off the ground at least. Four and a half... forty-eight inches I'm sorry.

SB - Uh-huh. (Affirmative)

GA - So, um, my wife says, well George what if this happened? What if for some reason Caylee came back. 'Cause Caylee loved to swim and she'd be tapping me on the forehead at 7 o'clock in the morning, JoJo swim, JoJo swim. And.. we thought about that scenario. Did for some reason she get out, 'cause she can open up the sliding glass door. She can open up the other door I mean she can just take off and go. Did she climb up, did she fall in when my daughter might've been.. had her back to her outside or inside? I don't know. That's the scenario that we ... we even passed it onto um ...

SB - The detectives

..... beginning here they go onto discuss other scenarios and then on
line 17, page 81 (pdf 18) GA brings back the topic of the pool and says,

GA - Okay. To expand upon this scenario we just talked about, about the pool.

SB - Uh-huh (Affirmative)

GA - That's something my wife and I talked about, brought to detectives.

SB - Okay.

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0730/20224404.pdf Pt. 1

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0730/20224422.pdf Pt. 2

Cindy was in an interview with Greta Van Susteren that aired on August 7, 2008 where she talked about the ladder and the pool.
I have not been able to find the interview, maybe someone else can. But, my own personal notes about it say:

"Cindy later reports in an interview with Greta Van Susteren on August 7th that the ladder to the pool, which she had removed from the pool on Sunday, was up against the pool again on this day (Monday June 16) when she got home. Cindy assigns no importance "not at all" to the ladder being in the pool."

If someone can find it, it would be interesting to review it, since it was directly from Cindy.

In response to the part I bolded:

George said in his state deposition that he told Cindy that about the gas can burglary the morning of June 24. He said he and Cindy talked about the can cans being taken again that day when they met up at the bank to cash a stimulous check.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/080509 George Anthony Depo Pgs 151 - 200.pdf
Page 40

GA doesn't say that in his interview with the FBI agent, Scott Bolin.
I typed out what he said during his interview with the FBI.
Although it makes sense to me that GA would mention to CA that he called LE about the missing cans when they met at the bank.
There is no doubt the gas cans were reported missing on June 24.
IMO the ladder/gate open day occurred several days prior to the 24th based on the testimony of Debbie at Gentiva as well as what CA has said although there are small conflicting details from what I've read/found so far.

Cindy was in an interview with Greta Van Susteren that aired on August 7, 2008 where she talked about the ladder and the pool.
I have not been able to find the interview, maybe someone else can. But, my own personal notes about it say:

"Cindy later reports in an interview with Greta Van Susteren on August 7th that the ladder to the pool, which she had removed from the pool on Sunday, was up against the pool again on this day (Monday June 16) when she got home. Cindy assigns no importance "not at all" to the ladder being in the pool."

If someone can find it, it would be interesting to review it, since it was directly from Cindy.

That is the interview I remember too. I knew it was GVS. They walk around back and I remember CA talking about the storage box, for pool supplies, toys. They made a point of saying it was never pushed up against the pool so Caylee couldn't climb up on it to get into the pool. I don't see a 2yr old climbing a ladder on her own. Just saying. They showed the shed too, and where it was in reference to the house and pool. I can't find that interview.

GA doesn't say that in his interview with the FBI agent, Scott Bolin.
I typed out what he said during his interview with the FBI.
Although it makes sense to me that GA would mention to CA that he called LE about the missing cans when they met at the bank.
There is no doubt the gas cans were reported missing on June 24.
IMO the ladder/gate open day occurred several days prior to the 24th based on the testimony of Debbie at Gentiva as well as what CA has said although there are small conflicting details from what I've read/found so far.

Would the police report be on line somewhere? Maybe GA mentions the pool and ladder in the report. That would get us a date....

VAN SUSTEREN: Are these the sheds were there was some report something was stolen from the sheds or broken into?

CINDY ANTHONY: Yes, and we actually need to replace a lot of stuff out here. But yes, this is one of the sheds that we would normally keep locked and normally keep the shovels in, which we do keep the shovels in. This is his toolshed. The lawn mower, you know, weed-whacker, that type of thing, shovels, axes, hoes, anything you do gardening work is locked up in here, like that. I mean, it's a normal shed.

VAN SUSTEREN: Was something reported stolen from this, though?

CINDY ANTHONY: Yes, gas cans.

VAN SUSTEREN: When was that report made that gas cans were stolen?

CINDY ANTHONY: You'd have to ask George.

VAN SUSTEREN: Was that, though, before Caylee was -- had been reported missing or after, that the gas cans...

CINDY ANTHONY: That was before.

GEORGE ANTHONY: Absolutely.

VAN SUSTEREN: And gas cans were -- how many gas cans?

GEORGE ANTHONY: Two, the 2-and-a-half-gallon and one about a gallon- and-a-quarter, something like that.

VAN SUSTEREN: Now, you made the report on June 24, though. That's when you noticed it. Do you remember when you last were in there, so you have some sort of window of when that could have happened?

GEORGE ANTHONY: It could have been Sunday. I believe I was in there Sunday. I don't believe I was in there the day before that, like, on the 23rd. I'm almost positive it's a Sunday.

VAN SUSTEREN: So the Sunday the 23rd, you might have been in there?

CINDY ANTHONY: Well, Sunday would have been the 22nd.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. So as best you can tell, it happened between the 22nd and the 24th. someone broke in there.

GEORGE ANTHONY: Uh-huh.

That's when I saw my daughter. I was getting ready to go to work, and the garage door goes open and my daughter comes in. This is about 2:25, 2:30 in the afternoon on the 24th. As she comes in the house, and I said, Hey, how're you doing? And she says, Fine, Dad. I says, Well, what's going on? And she says, Oh, I'm just stopping home for about 10 minutes, get some clothes. I go to go back to work. Where's Caylee? She's with Zanny. And I said, OK, when are you guys coming home? She says, Oh, we'll be back home maybe late tonight or the next day.

I said, OK. Have you been talking to Mom? Oh, yes, I talk to Mom every day. I said, I know, but did you talk to Mom today? She sort of hesitated for a moment and she says, Yes. And she says, Oh, by the way, it's a shame what happened in the shed. And I said...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,398490,00.html

The source said some investigators believe a flurry of phone calls from Casey to her parents on June 16 could be an indication that whatever happened to Caylee happened that day. On that day, Casey and Caylee were last seen together by Caylee's grandfather George at the Anthony family home where they lived.

Caylee Marie Anthony loved the water and some investigators are considering whether that has something to do with her disappearance.

The theory is based on the following facts.

Fact #1: Casey Anthony's phone records show a flurry of unanswered phone calls to her parents on June 16.

Some believe that could be because that's when something happened to Caylee. A possibility being considered is Caylee could've gotten into the backyard pool on her own and was discovered too late.

Fact #2: Eyewitness News was told the Anthony family was careful to keep a ladder near the pool safe from Caylee, but that around the time of her disappearance the ladder was up.

"Boy, how she can just figure things out. We, of course, as every family would, we've had to childproof everything and she's smart enough to take it off," Lee Anthony said.

Fact #3: A neighbor says, right around the time Caylee disappeared, Casey had backed the car up to the garage, which the neighbor said was unusual, and borrowed a shovel for about an hour.

Fact #4: The car was later found abandoned at the Amscot at Goldenrod and Colonial and was towed. When Casey's parents found out and got it back weeks later, Caylee's disappearance began to unravel. Caylee's grandmother called 911 and made a frantic plea for help.

"There's something's wrong! I found my daughter's car today and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car!" Cindy Anthony said in the call.

Fact #5: Investigators said they found evidence in the car that indicated Cindy Anthony's statement was true and the FBI is testing it to verify that.

"The first 24, 48 hours I had the 'what if, what if, what if.' I also went over all of it with the sheriff's department. Sgt. Allen can tell you that I sat down with him and talked about different things. He made me feel a lot better when they examined the pool, around the pool area, because, to me, that would be the riskiest place that something could have happened," Cindy Anthony said Friday afternoon in response to the theory.

This is not the only theory investigators are considering, it's only one of them. They're still hoping to find Caylee alive.
http://www.wftv.com/news/17136493/detail.html

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Now, the business about the -- there's a pool in the back yard, and there's something about the ladder connected to the pool. And in fact, if you can just stand over on -- I've actually got a picture, so you can explain the significance of new information on the ladder and the pool in the back yard. What is the story on this ladder?

FUHRMAN: Well, it's interesting. You know, the grandparents are telling me that on the 16th, when Casey and Caylee are leaving that morning at 12:50 -- the previous night, Cynthia, the grandmother, and Casey swam in the pool. After they were done, they take me ladder, which snaps off, and then they take the ladder away from the pool so Caylee can't climb up it by herself.

Now, nobody swam in the pool after that night on Sunday. Nobody swam there on Monday. And then Tuesday morning, they noticed that the ladder was back up on the pool, hooked up, and the gate on the side of the house was open. So it's interesting information considering the activity that preceded -- you know, preceded that on the day before.

VAN SUSTEREN: And as well, the significance worthy of investigation is that it happens within the important part of the timeline, at least what we believe to be important now, between the 16th of June, which is the Monday, and the 18th of June, Wednesday, that you outlined.

FUHRMAN: Absolutely. And I think there's something to be noted here, that these calls were unanswered. And you know, this flurry, the way it was described, the flurry is one call after another, separated by a minute, minute-and-a-half, going to the same person, a different place, a home, a business, a cell phone, and just constant. And it keeps up, and there's no answers. And then, all of a sudden, the activity stops, and there's a gap. And the same kind of activity on the 18th, when Casey Anthony actually borrows a shovel from the next-door neighbor.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,399183,00.html

Seems to me, this family from the start were having trouble with the dates. GA states he knows for sure last time he was in that shed was June 22..by the 24th, he saw the shed broken into.

I don't know that Caylee would have been strong enough to move the ladder to the pool. They haven't mentioned when they saw the ladder by the pool after knowing CA took it away, was it snapped back on or did it just stand up next to the pool, Inmate Anthony might have been preoccupied on the phone, texting or sexting...and Caylee feel in??? Would she not hear the splashing or Caylee cry out??? IDK if the pool even plays a part in Caylee's death. I truly believe after that huge altercation which turned physical, June 15th, evening, Imate Anthony took all her rage out for her mother on precious Caylee..

I'm beginning to think the pool ladder story is a red-herring. :trout: Not that GA and CA made it up or anything, but that it does not tell us anything about how Caylee died, because it is not connected. By the 23rd, Caylee had been dead for a week and in the woods three days.

It is possible, I suppose, that KC put the ladder there as a ruse or possible basis for a story.

I'm beginning to think the pool ladder story is a red-herring. :trout: Not that GA and CA made it up or anything, but that it does not tell us anything about how Caylee died, because it is not connected. By the 23rd, Caylee had been dead for a week and in the woods three days.

It is possible, I suppose, that KC put the ladder there as a ruse or possible basis for a story.

Didn't the cadaver dogs hit in the back yard? And why does she need a shovel on the 19th? Caylee would have been dead for at least 3-4 days, correct? What was she digging up or burying in the back yard? The flurry of calls tells us something happened that caused her to need to contact CA. That's why I thought of an accident, or she forgot her in a hot car and then wasn't thinking and emerged her in the pool, thinking it would help, when it didn't she tried to call CA. Or it is another ruse as someone said. I don't know why she would kill Caylee, and then call her mother, doesn't make sense. But KC doesn't make sense either.

I think it is possible that Ca and Kc left the pool ladder and box up Sunday night of june 15th after swimming. Leaving the dirty work for Ga.

I think it is possible that Kc left the gate open the day she borrowed the shovel from Bb.

Just a thought.

I am leaning this direction too. For Caylee to have drowned in the pool, the ladder would have had to be on the pool on the 16th, and I really believe George or Cindy would have had to notice it that same day, because of the dogs. Cindy ties the gate being open to the pool ladder incident - I suspect that she would have noticed it or the dogs would have gotten out on the 16th if that had been the case. We have a beagle, and I promise you that she would make a beeline for an open gate. Their backyard was not that big, and I don't think it would have taken those dogs long to find that gate. If Casey opened the gate and put the ladder on the pool the same day she got the gas cans, she might have been trying to make it look like someone had randomly come into their yard, gotten into the pool (yes - that does happen) and broken into the shed, thus taking the suspicion off of her.

For me there is one thing that in my mind completely negates the pool theory. That's the duct tape. It has been my experience (as a true southerner we use duct tape on everything) duct tape does not stay or do well on a surface that is already wet. Now if you put it on a dry surface it will waterproof and last through very inclimate weather or submerged. However I've never seen duct tape stick all that well to a wet surface. That and wouldn't there be chemical data associated with the duct tape evidence? Data that showed pool chemical residue associated with the tape?

Personally myself I agree that this pool theory is a red herring.

For me there is one thing that in my mind completely negates the pool theory. That's the duct tape. It has been my experience (as a true southerner we use duct tape on everything) duct tape does not stay or do well on a surface that is already wet. Now if you put it on a dry surface it will waterproof and last through very inclimate weather or submerged. However I've never seen duct tape stick all that well to a wet surface. That and wouldn't there be chemical data associated with the duct tape evidence? Data that showed pool chemical residue associated with the tape?

Personally myself I agree that this pool theory is a red herring.

The duct tape was applied after Caylee was deceased, if you go with the pool theory (actually with any theory). Inmate Anthony stated, she is fearful of CA. CA told her if anything happened to Caylee, I'd never forgive you! So, if Caylee died by an accident, by Inmate Anthony's neglect, she would have panicked due to being fearful of CA but not of the police??? This inmate is so delusional...it is possible since there was some evidence of pool chemicals but is that the truth??? Or did she try to use this but then came up with a better idea, the imaginanny??? This way there is no way Inmate Anthony could have been tied in to Caylee's alleged abduction or death!

I also feel, could be the dogs hit on Caylee's playhouse and by the pool for GA drove home with the pontiac, windows rolled down but the smell intense enough to still be with the car, was on him and his clothing. Didn't they go around the backyard for some evidence after GA drove home with the vehicle?

I only hope to hear the truth but I'm not looking for the truth from anyone from the Anthony family, it's the SA's that offer the truth...

The duct tape was applied after Caylee was deceased, if you go with the pool theory (actually with any theory). Inmate Anthony stated, she is fearful of CA. CA told her if anything happened to Caylee, I'd never forgive you! So, if Caylee died by an accident, by Inmate Anthony's neglect, she would have panicked due to being fearful of CA but not of the police??? This inmate is so delusional...it is possible since there was some evidence of pool chemicals but is that the truth??? Or did she try to use this but then came up with a better idea, the imaginanny??? This way there is no way Inmate Anthony could have been tied in to Caylee's alleged abduction or death!

I also feel, could be the dogs hit on Caylee's playhouse and by the pool for GA drove home with the pontiac, windows rolled down but the smell intense enough to still be with the car, was on him and his clothing. Didn't they go around the backyard for some evidence after GA drove home with the vehicle?

I only hope to hear the truth but I'm not looking for the truth from anyone from the Anthony family, it's the SA's that offer the truth...
(bolded by me)

I don't think that has ever been established one way or the other actually. The reports from Dr. G says it was placed before decomposition (decomp starts rather rapidly after death but Dr. G once again was vague and didn't state a level of decomp either). I don't think there has been any reports one way or the other as for the tape being placed before or after Caylee was deceased. Although looking at Dr. G's vague report it would be easy to assume it was placed before death. It also sounded that in the hearing where Mr. Ashton explained Caylee's death that the SA's office believes the tape was placed before she was deceased. I'm personally in the ballpark of the tape being placed on a live/drugged Caylee much the way the SA described.

I do not believe this was an accident or Casey would have said so the moment she was arrested imho. That or the defense would have enacted Casey's speedy trial rights and pushed the accident theory and this trial would more then likely be done and over with by now. There is a reason that didn't happen. To me there are just to many factors working against any kind of accident theory.

nope, Caylee's death was NO accident. Casey Anthony alone plotted to kill Caylee.

If it was an accident then why all the computer searches about household weapons, how to make cholorform, 100 episode of "One Tree Hill" about nanny who kidnaps child, shovel, neck breaking etc.

because this CLEARLY was no accident.

Even if she did accidently kill Caylee, I highly doubt she would admit it.

Pool theory flew out the window a long time ago.

Would the police report be on line somewhere? Maybe GA mentions the pool and ladder in the report. That would get us a date....

I linked the gas can report above in post #40.
There is no mention of the pool/ladder/gate incident or of a missing Caylee (considering it had been a week since JoJo had seen her).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran
Back