Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #117

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually depends on which country you are going to. The reason they are saying Puerto Rico is because you don't need anything to go there it is part of the United States. They even vote for our president. They just don't pay federal income tax. They are US citizens even.

As for the permission form, the only country that I know that that is a requirement for is Mexico. (I work for an airline.)

My wife is a Canuck. When she takes our daughter up there I have to write and sign a notarized letter giving my permission.

Exactly--especially if the child is under 2 and flying for free or at a discounted rate. You have to have proof.

Just an FYI but when my child was 1, I flew from DC to Miami and didn't purchase her a seat and did not have to show one piece of identification for her. This was just a little over 2 years ago............

Caylee would not have passed for a child under 2 IMO, and if anyone tried they would have had to produce her birth certificate to show her DOB.

If a child does not appear to be two years old, the guardian is required to produce a birth certificate to show date of birth. The airlines don't just take your word.

I have not lied to an airline about the age of my children but my 11 year old could pass for 8 and has always been small which is why I asked.
I do believe that in some instances airlines do ask for a bc as has been said by other posters experience. But of all of the times I have flown with my 5 children (many) not once have I ever had to show their bc. So I guess we are all right and it just depends on the authority of the airline agent at a given moment.

I have a question. Casey said that she did not call the cops about the kidnapping cos she remembered movies and tv shows where the kid is harmed/killed if the parents went to the cops. I am trying to go back through all the tv shows and movies that I have seen where the kid who was taken was actually harmed. The two that I keep going back to are: "Ransom" with Mel Gibson (insert drooling smilie here). The kid was returned. And "Man on Fire" with Denzel Washington. The kid was returned. I can't think of one movie that ended badly.

Also, I find it quite telling that with Cindy, she said that "we" need to "get off our a$$es and find her granddaughter." and HAS NOT gone to the media and said please return Caylee, she's my light, my world or anything to that effect.

JMHO

Casey is not a rocket scientist, nobody kidnapped Caylee. For the first 31 days Caylee was missing and Casey was doing her own "investigation" the police I'm sure have her phone records. So how did these kidnappers convince Casey that they would harm Caylee. It's bs. She did what a bunch of so called mothers have done and a bunch more will do. She killed her plain and simple.

Ummm, I'm fairly sure that traveling out of the country with a minor child you need:

A passport for the child.
A permission form signed by both parents if the minor is not your biological child.

You cannot just buy a ticket for a little kid and take them out of the country.

You are right and getting a passport isnt that easy. My sons friend moved to Canada and he needs a passport to go see him. The birth certificate from the hospital that I gave him , they wouldnt accept. He has to writ to the State where he was born to get one.
I would hope that airports have large pics of missing children in front of chek in gates in case someone DOES try to sneak them out of the country.
But even if Casey had gotten Caylee a passport, they would mail it to her house *Grandmas house* and you dont get it overnight. I dont see Caylee as having been put on an airplane, security is too tight right now.
thank goodness!

Just an FYI but when my child was 1, I flew from DC to Miami and didn't purchase her a seat and did not have to show one piece of identification for her. This was just a little over 2 years ago............

Agree, I just got back from Maui and people with kids got on the plane first. And they just gave the tickets and went on. No extra forms, questions asked at all.
There where a handful of children under 2.

I live about within 100 miles of two Canadian - US borders --- ALL children must have a Birth Certificate to cross the border - and adults VALID ID ---- Also, I have known the Canadian/US Border to ask for a Notarized Letter from the other parent allowing travel of the child if only one parent is in the vehicle.......

When we traveled with my daughter we had to have her Birth Certificate. We only flew domestic but that was the proof we needed for her age since we did not purchase her a seat. However it would be very easy to bring another birth certificate because there was nothing to really prove that the birth certificate I had was in fact for my daughter.

If someone got her on a plane I am guessing they used a different birth certificate and who knows what that would have indicated her age as.

Good point. Birth Cert does not have a picture on it identifying the child as who the certificate belongs too. Very good point. But I highly doubt she left with someone else on a plane.

Remember, Tony reads here. He can give him pointers on what is 'scoring' with us and what isn't......

Oh ya! Tony! My new BEST friend!! Lol....(now, I'll be quiet...:crazy:, no Tony-talk for me, thems DANGEROUS time-out waters! Lol...)

Anytime a minor child travels by air you need permission in the form of:

Both parents present and traveling with child (ie. birth cert, passport proving such)
Due to international concern over child abduction, single parents, grandparents, or guardians traveling with children often need proof of custody or notarized letters from the other parent authorizing travel.

If a child traveling has a different last name from the mother and/or father, the parents should be prepared to provide evidence to airlines and official authorities, such as a birth certificate or adoption decree, to prove that they are the parents. If one parent is deceased, a death certificate is required.
If the birth certificate shows that the minor only has one parent, it will be sufficient to hold only a notarized copy of the birth certificate.

Hate to say it but this doesn't happen. I have already posted that my daughter and I flew together when she was 1 and they didn't ask for any ID for her and furthermore, I kept my maiden name while she has my husband's last name and so that didn't come into play either............... And my husband was there while I was checking in and he did not have to give permission for my daughter to fly with me........

ETA: Didn't mean to say it doesn't happen at all. Just doesn't happen consistently. :)

If I missed this in the discussion, I apologize, but can anyone tell me what the umbrella says that Baez is holding??

I think I can make out the word Publishing? Are you kidding me?

Anytime a minor child travels by air you need permission in the form of:

Both parents present and traveling with child (ie. birth cert, passport proving such)
Due to international concern over child abduction, single parents, grandparents, or guardians traveling with children often need proof of custody or notarized letters from the other parent authorizing travel.

If a child traveling has a different last name from the mother and/or father, the parents should be prepared to provide evidence to airlines and official authorities, such as a birth certificate or adoption decree, to prove that they are the parents. If one parent is deceased, a death certificate is required.
If the birth certificate shows that the minor only has one parent, it will be sufficient to hold only a notarized copy of the birth certificate.

Ok, these are the requirements. However, I am telling you, from my own personal experience, they are not necessarily asked for when you get to the airport. I flew to Europe with a 9 year old. I had the paperwork, was not asked by anyone to see it. I flew to Europe with a 16 year old, had the paperwork, was never asked to see it. Both trips AFTER 9-11.
This is irrelevant to this case, anyway, as posted earlier, Puerto Rico is not considered flying out of the country, no passport required.
Lanie

BH just said about Caylee that she would come home now that her mother is out of jail. "Why come home if your mother is in jail?"

WTH????????She is 3. Not exactly making choices for herself in this situation.

Oh ya! Tony! My new BEST friend!! Lol....(now, I'll be quiet...:crazy:, no Tony-talk for me, thems DANGEROUS time-out waters! Lol...)

LOL! Be nice! I want you to stick around for a while. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member