Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #163

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cagney, so nice to have a sleuther with such great mathematical skills!:clap:
Now, if a train leaves New York going 20 miles an hour and.......(LOL)

LOL thanks....funny thing, I HATE math!!!

During June in Orlando from articles I have read, gas was costing about $3.99 per gallon.
I believe that the gas tank in a pontiac sunfire is 13 gallons.
If it was $50 in gas it would take $51.87 to fill it at 3.99 per gallon.
Reviews on edmunds.com says one 99 sunfire gets 33 mpg and another says 36 mpg. average of the two is 34.5.
If these calculations are correct, then on one tank of gas she could have gone 448.5 miles on one tank.
that isn't taking into consideration how much gas was in the car before she stole more....

WOW you did your hmwk, but the only thing i would take into consideration is since its an older car and the maintance on it, so im guess im just wondering if you take the year and a possible dirty fuel filter, dirty air filter, out of tune ect... she may not have gotten the 34 mpg just wondering not questioning your calculation cause u certainly did alot of research on it..

During June in Orlando from articles I have read, gas was costing about $3.99 per gallon.
Reviews on edmunds.com says one 99 sunfire gets 33 mpg and another says 36 mpg. average of the two is 34.5.
If these calculations are correct, then on one tank of gas she could have gone 448.5 miles on one tank.
that isn't taking into consideration how much gas was in the car before she stole more....

Excellent, Cagney!

I'm thinking she used TonE's credit card to get gas. He said she had it and there were small amounts, but he paid it. If one has possession of the card, at a gas station and punches the gas bandit automatic teller for "credit" as opposed to "debit" then all you need to put in is the card billing address's zip code. That she would have known. So, IMHO, she had more gas during that time period.

Do we know if it was $50 bucks worth of gas or just 3 gallons which would be about $12.00 bucks?

This is critical.

The gas cans george magically got back were 1.5 and 2.5 gallons.

Another reason I think the dumpster theory makes sense is that, as Ladytazz said, it was easy....and if Caylee was somehow found, Casey could use the nanny theory.

GA said on Greta these were small gas cans....one like 2 gal, the other 1.5 gal.

Another reason I think the dumpster theory makes sense is that, as Ladytazz said, it was easy....and if Caylee was somehow found, Casey could use the nanny theory.

I don't think Casey figured decomp and DNA in her plans. She might have gotten away with it.

No way was there a dead body in that trunk that didn't smell exactly like a dead body would unless someone coated their nostrils with Vicks Vapo rub.

I guess everyone saw where the cops haved said that they believe that Caylee is most likely dead, due to information they have that is not yet available to the public.

magiemay, this is my dad's theory. He said he imagined that Casey rode around with Caylee in the trunk for a while....maybe several days? When the smell began to get bad, she placed Caylee in a dumpster (just can't even imagine this)--thinking it would make the smell go away. When it didn't, she abandoned the car. What do ya think?

I think from what we know of her she has no feeling of guilt or compassion so we know it would not bother her to ride around with Cayley in the trunk then run out of gas and conviently toss her away in the closerst spot not to be noticed then they emptied the trash before the car was towed. I think the gas was used to burn sometype of evidence such as bloody clothes or towels

Yes, but the fifty dollar estimate was including the cost of the cans. They were a 2 gallon and a 2 1/2 gallon can, IIRC. That is 4 1/2 gallons of gas. 4.5 x 34.5 = 155.25 miles.
She had to have the gas to get back to the Amscot which isn't very far from the house. So half of 155 is 77.5 miles. I extended that to 85 miles in any direction and still have the gas to get back to the Amscot. That is assuming that the gas cans were full and that she was on E when she stole them.

ugggg, I can't believe she told LP to get out of her house. I would have been like "you wouldn't even be in your house if it weren't for me" I just hope soon that LE can tell Baez and KC where to go, forget the immunity, quit playing this girl's game. I think Baez is power trippin thinking that he has the best resource (KC) and he will not give them access until he sees fit.

Yes, but the fifty dollar estimate was including the cost of the cans. They were a 2 gallon and a 2 1/2 gallon can, IIRC. That is 4 1/2 gallons of gas. 4.5 x 34.5 = 155.25 miles.
She had to have the gas to get back to the Amscot which isn't very far from the house. So half of 155 is 77.5 miles. I extended that to 85 miles in any direction and still have the gas to get back to the Amscot. That is assuming that the gas cans were full and that she was on E when she stole them.

What if she got more gas by using Tony's credit cards?

$50 is the gas, $20 for the cans according to the report.

Item
Involvement
STOLEN*
In Custody?
No
Value
$20.00
Description
gas cans (2)
Typ
A
Cat
MISCELLANEOUS*
Article
GAS CA
Item
Involvement
STOLEN*
In Custody?
No
Value
$50.00
Description
gas in cans
Typ
A
Cat
MISCELLANEOUS*
Article

GAS

And $50 in damages to the shed.

Yet on greta he said 1.5 and 2.5 gallon cans.

http://www.ocso.com/Default.aspx?tabid=547

I think that would have irritated Tony badly enough to mention it in his interview.

Hmmm ... I have a bunch of theories on these "gas cans" including the possibility nobody stole nuthin' from GA's shed on July 22-24 much less 3 gallons of gas just as nobody snuck into the backyard to take a dip in their pool and left the ladder hanging up and the gate open.

More later ... I'm pondering ...

Please tell your theories... I want to see if perhaps one may be mine.

I'm strongly leaning towards the dumpster theory, too but Tim Miller said the LE gave him places to search based on cell phone pings so maybe she did place her somewhere else. It just seems that Casey would do what was easiest and I can't see her dirtying herself in the woods.

Me too LadyTzz! - I just don't see her getting herself all dirty. The dumpster would have been easy and "clean".

But now, if we go with the theory that she had some help, then I could see her being in the woods somewhere. CA does NOT strike me as the outdoorsy type!

Item​
1​
Involvement​
STOLEN*​
In Custody?​
No​
Value​
$20.00​
Description​
gas cans (2)​
Typ​
A​
Cat​
MISCELLANEOUS*​
Article​
GAS CA​
Item​
2​
Involvement​
STOLEN*​
In Custody?​
No​
Value​
$50.00​
Description​
gas in cans​
Typ​
A​
Cat​
MISCELLANEOUS*​
Article​
GAS

And $50 in damages to the shed.

Yet on greta he said 1.5 and 2.5 gallon cans.

http://www.ocso.com/Default.aspx?tabid=547

Ok then that gives us 4 gallons of gas and the same calculations and we still come up with 85 miles being a safe estimate for a one way journey. Unless she had other income, was not on E, the gas cans were not full, the list of unknown X variables could go on.

Ok then that gives us 4 gallons of gas and the same calculations and we still come up with 85 miles being a safe estimate for a one way journey. Unless she had other income, was not on E, the gas cans were not full, the list of unknown X variables could go on.

Or there are 2 more 5 gallon cans that are still missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr