Caylee's Funeral

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the answer but I would surmise three Crown Victoria black cars and a dark SUV might be Law Enforcement. My heart truly breaks for the grandparents.

I'm sure the offers poured in to videotape the funeral long before Caylee's remains were ever found, it certainly wouldn't hold things up now.

Casey is in charge of the remains, her defense team wants to examine them. Just like Casey signed for the remains to be sent to the funeral home, she'll have to sign her approval for them to be buried or cremated. It's not up to the A's. I'm sure they're as anxious as anyone to lay little Caylee to rest.

If the defense wanted the remains to do whatever she would still be at the morgue at the ME. Caylee was released to the funeral which means she is released for burial. My brother stayed at the morgue until the ME had the appropriate paperwork signed from my oldest witch niece releasing the body to my ex SIL,so he could be released for burial. So IMO, there is no more paperwork, she has been released to the grandparents for burial or she would still be at the morgue.

Hi

I don't know if this is the place to ask .. but here goes ..
Yesterday, Jan 1, 2009 there were 3 - Crown Victoria Black cars parked in front
of the Anthony's and also a Black Suburban with dark windows parked in the Driveway .
They were there for abt 2 - 2 1/2 hrs ..

Question is has anyone else heard about this ?? Trying to find out
what was going on ..

:confused:

Hi silvercoins, I haven't read anything about it yet, but it is very interesting.
It's possible that it was LE, and it is also possible that they could have been cars from the funeral home. I'd like to know what was going on too.

If the defense wanted the remains to do whatever she would still be at the morgue at the ME. Caylee was released to the funeral which means she is released for burial. My brother stayed at the morgue until the ME had the appropriate paperwork signed from my oldest witch niece releasing the body to my ex SIL,so he could be released for burial. So IMO, there is no more paperwork, she has been released to the grandparents for burial or she would still be at the morgue.

The release to the funeral home is just that. Casey signed an authorization releasing Caylee's remains to the Funeral Home for pick up from the ME's.
She would have to sign another release for the "disposition of the remains" over to the A's if she was to sign off on next of kin rights.

The court is not holding the body so there is no reason why she would still be at the morgue. The defense is doing an independent, not court ordered, examination. They may do it right there at the funeral home or they may have the remains moved to a lab. Releasing the body to go to a funeral home is not at all the same thing as releasing the rights to the body to the grandparents, nor is it a release to bury or cremate the body.

apparently, those rights were signed over to CA, therefore KC relinquished those rights and is off the hook but the grandparents are not. It's hard to plan a funeral from jail therefore KC signed Caylee's body over to CA. Legally CA is now the "owner" of Caylee's body.

I know it has been said that she signed over her rights but I have seen
no proof of that.
Also.... if I remember right Casey was told about the remains being
Caylee before Cindy was so IMO that would be proof that Casey is
still her next of kin.
I choose to believe that Casey and her defense are the ones holding the body
.... for whatever reason.
Maybe she is doing it to hurt her parents... maybe the defense experts
are still examining it... who knows!
But I do not think that George and Cindy are holding off so they
won't be arrested!

Harleysnana, please help explain it then. What is it that KC needs to do other than sign the documents she's already signed? :)

Perhaps pay for Caylee's funeral?

ETA: I haven't seen anything saying that Casey has signed over any rights to her parents. I believe the ball is still in her court to finalize whatever needs to be done for the funeral arrangements.

The release to the funeral home is just that. Casey signed an authorization releasing Caylee's remains to the Funeral Home for pick up from the ME's.
She would have to sign another release for the "disposition of the remains" over to the A's if she was to sign off on next of kin rights.

thanks to everyone for the explanations. I have no idea how this works in FL . (or any other state for that matter) I thought she would just sign POA over to Cindy and that would be it. :)

Harleysnana, please help explain it then. What is it that KC needs to do other than sign the documents she's already signed? :)

When my mom died my dad had to sign for her to be taken to the funeral home.
We could plan the funeral but my dad had to sign the paper before the funeral home would do anything!
He was her next of kin.
Yes Casey signed for her to go to the funeral home but has she signed for
the actual funeral?
We don't know!
And IMO she probably has not.
She is listening to her defense attorney not her parents.
It does not matter how soon George and Cindy want to bury her.
Casey is her legal guardian and her next of kin.
She is the only one who can sign the papers at the funeral home!

Perhaps pay for Caylee's funeral?

ETA: I haven't seen anything saying that Casey has signed over any rights to her parents. I believe the ball is still in her court to finalize whatever needs to be done for the funeral arrangements.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18342912/detail.html

I'm wondering if, since the remains were released to the Bryant Funeral Home & Cremation Chapel, possibly they will choose cremation, and it could be a much more private thing.

I'm sure the offers poured in to videotape the funeral long before Caylee's remains were ever found, it certainly wouldn't hold things up now.

Casey is in charge of the remains, her defense team wants to examine them. Just like Casey signed for the remains to be sent to the funeral home, she'll have to sign her approval for them to be buried or cremated. It's not up to the A's. I'm sure they're as anxious as anyone to lay little Caylee to rest.

Why are you sure of this?? I think most of us think quite the opposite is the case and I'm curious what makes you "sure" of this???

As for offers to film the funeral before her remains were found, are you seriously suggesting, with G & C adamant that Caylee was alive, they were wheeling and dealing over funeral pics in the background...that would make quite the story if you could prove it.

When my mom died my dad had to sign for her to be taken to the funeral home.
We could plan the funeral but my dad had to sign the paper before the funeral home would do anything!
He was her next of kin.
Yes Casey signed for her to go to the funeral home but has she signed for
the actual funeral?
We don't know!
And IMO she probably has not.
She is listening to her defense attorney not her parents.
It does not matter how soon George and Cindy want to bury her.
Casey is her legal guardian and her next of kin.
She is the only one who can sign the papers at the funeral home!

Ah, I see, thanks for the explanation :)

The court is not holding the body so there is no reason why she would still be at the morgue. The defense is doing an independent, not court ordered, examination. They may do it right there at the funeral home or they may have the remains moved to a lab. Releasing the body to go to a funeral home is not at all the same thing as releasing the rights to the body to the grandparents, nor is it a release to bury or cremate the body.

I realize the court is not holding the body. The morgue is where dead people lie until they are released for burial. Maybe Florida is different that GA, because I recently went through all this and my brother stayed in the morgue after the ME had done his autopsy and the investigators wrapped up their work. Then he was released to the funeral home many days after autopsy because she put off signing the papers, so he just stayed in the morgue. The ME wouldn't release him. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this Chilly. :)

I realize the court is not holding the body. The morgue is where dead people lie until they are released for burial. Maybe Florida is different that GA, because I recently went through all this and my brother stayed in the morgue after the ME had done his autopsy and the investigators wrapped up their work. Then he was released to the funeral home many days after autopsy because she put off signing the papers, so he just stayed in the morgue. The ME wouldn't release him. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this Chilly. :)

Let me ask you this....
who had to sign for the actual funeral/burrial?
Was it his next of kin?

There are two sets of documents to be signed.
One the release of the body to the funeral home and one
for the actual burrial/ funeral.

Why are you sure of this?? I think most of us think quite the opposite is the case and I'm curious what makes you "sure" of this???

As for offers to film the funeral before her remains were found, are you seriously suggesting, with G & C adamant that Caylee was alive, they were wheeling and dealing over funeral pics in the background...that would make quite the story if you could prove it.

No, I did not say that the A's were wheeling and dealing over funeral pics. I said that OFFERS probably came in for exclusive rights long before Caylee was found. There would be no reason to delay the funeral to look for a buyer now, which is what someone tried to claim. I'm sure that the A's would like to see Caylee laid to rest. If you don't want to believe that - don't. :waitasec:

We're not disagreeing. The ME has completed their autopsy and has no further need of the body, they have released it. The defense is doing their exam independently, it does not involve the ME, the courts, or the county morgue. When they are done, Casey will have to approve the final arrangements, either by signing them herself or by giving the power to George and Cindy.

Let me ask you this....
who had to sign for the actual funeral/burrial?
Was it his next of kin?

There are two sets of documents to be signed.
One the release of the body to the funeral home and one
for the actual burrial/ funeral.

My niece signed a paper from my ex SIL's attorney giving her my brother's body to bury. That paper was given to the ME and they released the body to the funeral home of my ex SIL's choosing. He had 3 surviving children, 2 were minors so his daughter from his 1st marriage was considered next of kin even though she had not been in his life for the last 18 years. Only one paper was signed by my niece and that allowed the ME to release the body to someone else.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18342912/detail.html

I'm wondering if, since the remains were released to the Bryant Funeral Home & Cremation Chapel, possibly they will choose cremation, and it could be a much more private thing.

Thank you for the link, Capri. I'm sorry, but I don't see anything in the article that indicates Casey has signed over any rights to Cindy/George. Legally, all funeral arrangements are up to Casey, no matter what Cindy/George may want to do.

According to the news link provided here, Caylee's remains were released slightly over a week ago. Given the circumstances and the Holiday time, I am not surprised that she has not been buried yet.

I see nothing improper here. I think there is a mountain being made from a molehill. This child will have her respectful funeral as she rightly deserves. I have no doubt that will happen. Sometimes things are not covert nor personally selfish. I think this is one of those times and some reasonable respect should be given. Not all things happen/occur when we on the outside want them to...

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members