Caylee's "Mama" Doll

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wasn't there discussion of KC still having a doll from her childhood? Am I crazy?
I remember Cindy saying this too..she said something to the effect that it was Caylee's favorite and Casey liked that because it was her doll when she was little. I have searched everywhere and can't find it. For some reason my in my fuzzy memory it seems like I saw her say it too ...like an earlier media clip?? Anyone know?

I found the pic of KC's doll - I can't see the face well enough to see if it has eyelashes. It looks smaller for some reason, but it may just be that KC is older than Caylee.

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq13/grapesuzet/dolls/casey1.jpg

I don't do windows (i'm an href codetard)

(bolded by me)
Thanks, I think I saw this pic a while back. IMO, The doll in the pic with KC when she was a kid looks just like the one with Caylee in the carseat pic. The pic seems to be saturated by light from the flash but if there were eyes on the doll (with the exaggerated lashes), the camera would have picked it up. Especially since the doll is upright. The eyes would have been open in that position.

This is exactly like the closed lid doll caylee had in her carseat pic. I wonder if CA did the switcheroo with "mama" like she did with the carseats.:furious:

Tollytots Limited was founded in 2003...so the cloth doll cannot be Casey's doll from childhood. I thought Cindy said that 'Mama Doll' was Casey's? Is that right? If so, then the Tollytot cloth doll in evidence is not mama doll. You can track shipments from Tollytots to Target stores as well (Target...it figures..)
Tollytots Limited
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=7936434

Target Corporation stores opened in 2000.

Wikipedia (Links)
Target_Corporation

(bolded by me)
Thanks, I think I saw this pic a while back. IMO, The doll in the pic with KC when she was a kid looks just like the one with Caylee in the carseat pic. The pic seems to be saturated by light from the flash but if there were eyes on the doll (with the exaggerated lashes), the camera would have picked it up. Especially since the doll is upright. The eyes would have been open in that position.

This is exactly like the closed lid doll caylee had in her carseat pic. I wonder if CA did the switcheroo with "mama" like she did with the carseats.:furious:
I agree.. they both look smaller than the head on the one in evidence.

5-1.jpg

Not sure if it's been posted..
Was it this picture referenced when Cindy said it was Casey's and Caylee took it everywhere with her and would throw a fit if she didn't have it? And Casey kinda liked that because it was hers? Now am I losing my mind? A house tour with Greta or something? For some reason this picture keeps coming back to me in regards to that...

I always imagined that CA got Caylee a doll just like the one KC had when she was little, perhaps so they could bond over something common, and called it "mama's doll" which got shortened to "mama". Although I can see where, in a normal family, it might be cute for a child to have a doll similar to one a parent had when small, there is just too much weirdness between these two women (CA and KC) for that to have worked. It must have looked to KC like Cindy was starting all over and replacing her with a new miniature model. I don't see KC begrudging anyone anything close to what she might have owned at one time.

Tollytots Limited was founded in 2003...so the cloth doll cannot be Casey's doll from childhood. I thought Cindy said that 'Mama Doll' was Casey's? Is that right? If so, then the Tollytot cloth doll in evidence is not mama doll. You can track shipments from Tollytots to Target stores as well (Target...it figures..)
Tollytots Limited
http://investing.businessweek.com/re...vcapId=7936434

Wikipedia (Links)
Target_Corporation

Great sleuth regarding tollytots being founded later if the Mama doll is the same one as the one from KC's childhood.

One minor correction though probably not important.

I hope the info about tollytots being founded in 2003 is accurate.
snipped by me

ETA from Wikipedia
In 1962, the company opened its first Target store in nearby Roseville. The Target store concept grew and eventually became the largest division of Dayton Hudson, culminating in the company changing its name to Target Corporation in 2000.

ETA ETA; looks like the info on tollytots is accurate from what I can tell, except maybe founded in 2000 but NBD

I am not sure this is the same doll at all.* The one in the photo above seems to have a pretty good sized head.* I took the photo above of KC with her doll as a child and tried to play with the exposure.* While I can't get enough contrast to show the eyes, the head looks VERY small.* Thoughts??

Attachments

• kcdoll.jpg
    kcdoll.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 56
I am not sure this is the same doll at all.* The one in the photo above seems to have a pretty good sized head.* I took the photo above of KC with her doll as a child and tried to play with the exposure.* While I can't get enough contrast to show the eyes, the head looks VERY small.* Thoughts??
The pic you mentioned above looks like she has eyelashes. It does look like a larger head than the doll Casey is holding to me too. Here are some pics in Suzets album I found back in this thread. The doll in pink with Caylee in the carseat looks like a smaller head (maybe the one Casey is holding)..and Suzet has posted a pic in the album of the doll she owns which looks identical. She says it is about 15-20 years old, which would fit (given the age of Casey in the picture) for that doll to be Caseys. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/album.php?albumid=721
The pic of Caylee in the doll crib with the eyelashed doll is the one in evidence and it's head/face is bigger.

Thanks Suzet...you rock!

I think the pink-clothed doll is mama, too, but have to dig around to see if I can demonstrate that for sure.
Do we know if CA gave LE a doll other than the doll that was photographed and presented at the recent depo? Will need to look at evidence lists on that as well-Will be back!

I have done my research. Believe me, the doll in the carseat photo is about 15-20 years old. Sometimes photos make things look much newer and nicer than they actually are. The outfit the doll is wearing is from the early 1990s.

See my photo below. This doll looks pretty nice, too, right? This doll is about 18-22 years old, it is exactly like the doll in carseat photo. (doll in photo is not Caylee's, it is a doll I own).

cay0083.jpg

suzet

This post by Suzet may help a little in dwindling things down-The "mama" doll that used to be KC's could be the one with the eyes molded shut.
But, there were also dolls with realistic flapping eyelids back in the day, too, I used to have one about 25-27 years ago.

ETA-Uh, hello, the link back to Suzet was just posted here, sorry for the duplicate effort!

I thought her head looked huge. Oh wait.. you were talking about the doll. Yes, that dolls head is rather tiny.

lizzysf, when reading the FBI docs, I've noticed they refer to a lot of things as 'soiled', but to me it's it doesn't sound like soiled/dirty as in having bodily fluids on it, but soiled as in used/wear-and-tear. They spoke about many of KC's clothes as being soiled. But I didn't interpret that to mean KC has clothes that she has soiled herself in. (or maybe she has? :behind:)
But I am probably misinterpreting what they mean.

Sorry, random and inane thought. Thanks for your post.

Tollytots Limited
http://investing.businessweek.com/re...vcapId=7936434

Wikipedia (Links)
Target_Corporation

JAYLA...lookie.. I found this... the flappie eye doll is newer (2003 or after) The tag on the doll in evidence says Tollytots Limited.
This link works..
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=7936434

I thought her head looked huge. Oh wait.. you were talking about the doll. Yes, that dolls head is rather tiny.

lizzysf, when reading the FBI docs, I've noticed they refer to a lot of things as 'soiled', but to me it's it doesn't sound like soiled/dirty as in having bodily fluids on it, but soiled as in used/wear-and-tear. They spoke about many of KC's clothes as being soiled. But I didn't interpret that to mean KC has clothes that she has soiled herself in. (or maybe she has? :behind:)
But I am probably misinterpreting what they mean.

Sorry, random and inane thought. Thanks for your post.
They aren't referring to body fluids. Like the doll is described as stained and worn, possible white paint scuffs.

This post by Suzet may help a little in dwindling things down-The "mama" doll that used to be KC's could be the one with the eyes molded shut.
But, there were also dolls with realistic flapping eyelids back in the day, too, I used to have one about 25-27 years ago.

ETA-Uh, hello, the link back to Suzet was just posted here, sorry for the duplicate effort!
Now that we know how old the dolls are, and that one is old enough to be Casey's, we are still at point A...which one is mama?

The answer may be found if we can find the link to Cindy talking about Caylee having a doll of Casey's. I read this whole thread... and it was mentioned by several...so I do believe we heard it somewhere. Those posts about it date to 2008 near the beginning of the thread so the source of that info would be that far back. Dig dig dig.

I remember Cindy saying this too..she said something to the effect that it was Caylee's favorite and Casey liked that because it was her doll when she was little. I have searched everywhere and can't find it. For some reason my in my fuzzy memory it seems like I saw her say it too ...like an earlier media clip?? Anyone know?

Yes, I remember that too! I wish I could find it.

Post #89 on this thread (page 4) begins a speculation that it could have been Casey's from when she was little...that's the first I remember hearing about it...still looking to see if there's something more solid, though

Post #112 on page 5 is the first mention I can find that it was Casey's from when she was a little girl, (at least the first post to make it sound like fact, not just speculation) but there's not a link or source or anything, so..?

ETA: then, at post #122, someone repeats the statement as a fact, something like "I can't believe that was Casey's doll!" Kinda takes off from there, with post #127 restating things, etc.

They aren't referring to body fluids. Like the doll is described as stained and worn, possible white paint scuffs.

Yes, stained and worn is exactly what I thought they meant. You phrased it a lot better though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back