Cell Phone Activity Timeline as of 11/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the family’s lawyers, John Picerno, sat down with Megyn Kelly on America Live. Picerno said cell phones never got from one third of a mile from the Irwin home, or what would be a distance about the same as the width of a baseball field.
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/1...h-bradley’s-phone-the-night-lisa-disappeared/

That still doesn't answer my question though about the pings. The lawyer could be making that conclusion simply based on 3 pings in the same area despite the fact the times are not that close together.

To add to that, I know that if the GPS is turned on, the phone will likely ping continuously. I don't know if they do if it was off.

That still doesn't answer my question though about the pings. The lawyer could be making that conclusion simply based on 3 pings in the same area despite the fact the times are not that close together.

To add to that, I know that if the GPS is turned on, the phone will likely ping continuously. I don't know if they do if it was off.

He says on the video that he made the conclusion on the basis of being shown the ping maps by the FBI. I don't think he would have agreed that the phones never left the vicinity of the house if he only had information about three separate times.

As far as I understand a cell phone that is turned on pings regularly even if it doesn't have GPS.

iirc its like this, LE knows the # of the phone, so they just ask the carrier where was the phone on the night in ? and Viola the dang thing never got further then a 1/2 or 1/3 mile from the place it lives. and iirc it does not have to be turned on. jmo

He says on the video that he made the conclusion on the basis of being shown the ping maps by the FBI. I don't think he would have agreed that the phones never left the vicinity of the house if he only had information about three separate times.

As far as I understand a cell phone that is turned on pings regularly even if it doesn't have GPS.

I believe they ping whether they are on or off. You have to remove the battery or run the battery out to stop the pings.

I believe they ping whether they are on or off. You have to remove the battery or run the battery out to stop the pings.

is your post referring to gps tracking? cause that is different than cell tower pings. I was under the impression that a phone would have to be powered on for the service provider to get a ping from it. I googled it and didn't find anything that said a cell phone could be powered off and still be pinged by the provider.

is your post referring to gps tracking? cause that is different than cell tower pings. I was under the impression that a phone would have to be powered on for the service provider to get a ping from it. I googled it and didn't find anything that said a cell phone could be powered off and still be pinged by the provider.

Just curious, what do you mean by "powered off"?

According to this, the phone has to be powered on.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/cellping.asp

Ok that's makes it more clear to me. I guess the next obvious question (which only LE can answer) is when did the pings stop?

No I am talking about pings. If I understand it right phones are always pinging unless they don't have battery or a battery charge. Like you can still have an alarm that wakes you up even if your phone is off.

http://www.sophisticatededge.com/how-to-ping-a-cell-phone.html
"Pinging is done automatically, especially whenever a cell phone is turned on. It is the pinging technology that enables cell phones to work, and this makes it legal."

Another thought. If the phones constantly ping and LE has a map of those pings based on a certain timeframe, then obviously at some point the pings stopped. If the phones never left the 1/3rd area based on the pings, this also means the vm attempts after 3am also were in the 1/3rd area.

So lets say the ping map shows the last ping from the phone was the vm attempts (or around the same time). LE now goes to that location and cannot locate the phones. As a matter of fact, the 1/3rd area isn't very large to begin with. If DB was the one who was accessing the vm at that time, how did she do that, dispose the phones far enough as well as make sure they would stop pinging, then get back to the house and in bed, sleeping 15 mins later when JI got home?

Just a thought...

The phones had to be gotten rid of because of a voice mail IMO. The attempt to access the net tells me there may be away to access the phone service from there, or they thought it was worth a shot.

ETA...........Toss this, I've changed my mind......lol.

Another thought. If the phones constantly ping and LE has a map of those pings based on a certain timeframe, then obviously at some point the pings stopped. If the phones never left the 1/3rd area based on the pings, this also means the vm attempts after 3am also were in the 1/3rd area.

So lets say the ping map shows the last ping from the phone was the vm attempts (or around the same time). LE now goes to that location and cannot locate the phones. As a matter of fact, the 1/3rd area isn't very large to begin with. If DB was the one who was accessing the vm at that time, how did she do that, dispose the phones far enough as well as make sure they would stop pinging, then get back to the house and in bed, sleeping 15 mins later when JI got home?

Just a thought...
This whole timing issue has been her saving grace in my mind. With the info we are given I just don't see her to have the time to do all of this as well as she had to do it without adding more people to the mix. I mean the FBI was here the very first day looking. The parents were with LE for the entire first day so they couldn't have rehid anything in this time. I don't see friends (or relatives) being this good at keeping secrets this long with this amount of pressure. Of course anything is possible, but the timing is what keeps me thinking of an intruder as a very real possibility.

Just a thought...

From what I have read, pings are not exact. They are a triangulation off of cell towers. The estimate is 1/3 of a mile. Tons of cases where they have cell phone pings, yet they can't find missing loved ones. GPS is almost exact. Those phones could be within a 1/3 of a mile from the home, or someone could have accessed their voicemail from the home, with the phones, then the phones went bye bye?

There could be a million (exaggeration) different reasons, or scenarios. Wish they could find these darn phones! It's my firm belief, the phones are not as significant as DB/JI and their camp is leading us to believe. I have thought it was very odd since the first night, they made such a big deal out of the phones. :waitasec:

Wishing they would put as much information out there about Lisa as they are the cell phones. :furious:

Picerno said the ping map showed an area about the size of a baseball field behind the house and up to the river bank. I think the phones are in the river.

Picerno said the ping map showed an area about the size of a baseball field behind the house and up to the river bank. I think the phones are in the river.
:waitasec:If the phones did not ping further than 1/3 mile, then he can not say they went to the river bank. The river is very close, but much further than 1/3 mile. He is not even making sense here.

IMO the baby and the phones are likely together, and much closer than is even imaginable. Are those really "woods" behind their house?

IMO the baby and the phones are likely together, and much closer than is even imaginable. Are those really "woods" behind their house?
Yes they are really woods, but not directly behind their house. If they are in the woods it starts on the very edge of this 1/3 mile area from their house. this whole entire area has been searched multiple times by atv, horseback, on foot, and with dogs multiple times each. To reach the woods from directly behind their house is possible, but not an easy task in the dark especially if carting a baby around. You would have to travel in the depths of a deep, rugged, overgrown ditch in the dark to get there or go down the street.

From what I have read, pings are not exact. They are a triangulation off of cell towers. The estimate is 1/3 of a mile. Tons of cases where they have cell phone pings, yet they can't find missing loved ones. GPS is almost exact. Those phones could be within a 1/3 of a mile from the home, or someone could have accessed their voicemail from the home, with the phones, then the phones went bye bye?

There could be a million (exaggeration) different reasons, or scenarios. Wish they could find these darn phones! It's my firm belief, the phones are not as significant as DB/JI and their camp is leading us to believe. I have thought it was very odd since the first night, they made such a big deal out of the phones. :waitasec:

Wishing they would put as much information out there about Lisa as they are the cell phones. :furious:

The fact of the matter is that area has been searched multiple times (they've obviously knew about the area before disclosing that info to the attorneys) and neither the phones or the baby has been found. This isn't a Casey Anthony scenario where they are under water and right under their noses. If it was DB that threw the phones and BL in the river, she has to do that then run back into to the house in woods, with whatever dirt is going on her shoes and shirt, get in bed and pretend to be asleep in 15 mins time.

Yes they are really woods, but not directly behind their house. If they are in the woods it starts on the very edge of this 1/3 mile area from their house. this whole entire area has been searched multiple times by atv, horseback, on foot, and with dogs multiple times each. To reach the woods from directly behind their house is possible, but not an easy task in the dark especially if carting a baby around. You would have to travel in the depths of a deep, rugged, overgrown ditch in the dark to get there or go down the street.

Yes, I thought it had been searched multiple times. Needle in haystack to find that baby. I was just looking at the map, and wondered...again. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1streetwalker