Christina Laurean

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And wasn't there a report somewhere of someone who noticed a bunch of paint cans? ........ I dont remember if it was on Laureans' porch or driveway or what ....

somewhere along the line, I got the impression that the reason xtina told wanda about the painting was as an explanation for some activity ... whether it be unloading painting type equipment ... or what....:confused:

Hi Seven, I read somewhere, wish I could remember there's been so much.
That the neighbor saw the paint cans and asked about them, Christiana then told neighbor they'd been doing some painting & they wanted to paint bedrooms & garage too. I remember this because we were all making jokes about our neighbors who notice everything we do.

Shannon:

Forgive me for not welcoming you to WS!!!

Welcome Shannon. We might sound nuts, but were not crazy. Just the cases make us CRAZY. :)

Hi Seven, I read somewhere, wish I could remember there's been so much.
That the neighbor saw the paint cans and asked about them, Christiana then told neighbor they'd been doing some painting & they wanted to paint bedrooms & garage too. I remember this because we were all making jokes about our neighbors who notice everything we do.

Christiana then told neighbor THEY'D been doing some painting & they wanted to paint bedrooms & garage too.

That phase caught my attention.
K, what did they paint first, if next are the bedrooms & garage.
Was it in there plans all along (I don't think so, but maybe) to do some painting?

I was just telling my husband how strange it was that Christina wasn't an active-duty Marine when this case all started but she is now. And I asked him if they could call a specific reserve soldier up to active duty for a particular reason (as opposed to calling up a whole reserve unit.) He said yes, and now she's not free to take off, even if the civil authorities don't charge her with anything.

Not stating one would want to, BUT, is there a way she could get out of the Marines, other than just "disappearing". Or would they pretty much deny her anything at this point that was optional, (Ie, They could let her go from her "contract" for X reason, But do NOT "have to")

Since, if the Civil Authorities do not charge her with anything, What is to stop her from going to Mexico to be with him if that's where he is?

Not stating one would want to, BUT, is there a way she could get out of the Marines, other than just "disappearing". Or would they pretty much deny her anything at this point that was optional, (Ie, They could let her go from her "contract" for X reason, But do NOT "have to")

Since, if the Civil Authorities do not charge her with anything, What is to stop her from going to Mexico to be with him if that's where he is?
Right now I believe Xtina is "restricted to base" - in an informal way - as in she is being "encouraged" to stay on base by the CO to avoid press and to keep her and her daughter safe. I have a feeling Xtina is very aware many people "out here" think she is guilty in some way and "might" set out to harm her.

I am certain that after letting CL run from under their noses, the USMC is NOT going to allow Xtina to do the same thing. And if Xtina is in the reserves, she can be called up to active duty at any time and kept on active duty until her "reserve enlistment" is up. She has no choice in the matter, especially since they are not asking her to deploy, just to be on active duty on base.

Can Xtina go to Mexico after she has been discharged from the USMC? Yes...but I think at that point other LE agencies would be keeping her under some form of surveillance. At this point I don't think Xtina could to Taco Bell without being followed...much LESS Mexico.

My Opinion

I wonder what the extent of Xtina's restrictions are? Is she even allowed to leave the base? Do they have someone by her side 24/7? For all intense purposes, is she in the brig without being in the brig?

I wonder what the extent of Xtina's restrictions are? Is she even allowed to leave the base? Do they have someone by her side 24/7? For all intense purposes, is she in the brig without being in the brig?

Legally I don't think Christina is restricted more than any other marine.

She hasn't even been named a person of interest by LE.

Which doesn't mean she isn't being tailed or that her phones aren't tapped. We know mail in and out is gone over.

Calling her up so she will be on the base keeps Christina safer. She is a key witness if not more.

I would think forcing someone to pack things, write a note, withdraw money from their ATM and buy a bus ticket would be taking a lot of chances and eating up a lot of time.

I don't know how CL knew he would have time to lure Maria to his house, wait for her to get there, do all of the things in the above paragraph plus get back to his house with Maria, murder her and clean up the mess and clothes before his wife got home. He had to have planned it in advance.

But, how did he know his wife wouldn't get impatient waiting for him and go home?

I am not saying it isn't possible.

But, I think more likely than not, that there was some mess left when Christina got home.

Personally, I think Christina was in on the clean-up. I think a lot of people's first instinct is to preserve their family and to protect a loved one, no matter how heinious of an act their loved one has committed. You can't be on a crime board without seeing how people rally to stand by family members even when there is overwhelming evidence of that family member's guilt.

BUT, thinking Christina probably helped with the cleaning isn't proof. I think LE made a deal with her because there isn't evidence of Christina's participation and so they could get the goods on Cesar Laurean A.S.A.P.

I read on another thread where the LE gave some type of immunity to the wife for her testimony AGAINST her husband AND son.

I am a little confused as I have also seen that a spouse can't testify against each other?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Welcome to WS, Shannon!

I don't think Christina has made a deal with LE yet. It wouldn't be in the best interest of the case, imo. If she told them the story that we heard in the search warrant...it doesn't sound like she has much to offer them to me to illicit any immunity to testify against him.

While a wife cannot be compelled to bring testimony against her husband...she can testify should she so desire. "Pillow talk" between spouses is considered privileged. This is the way I understand it anyway.

I read on another thread where the LE gave some type of immunity to the wife for her testimony AGAINST her husband AND son.

I am a little confused as I have also seen that a spouse can't testify against each other?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Spouses can't be forced to testify against their spouse. Key word is forced. A spouse can testify against their spouse if they so desire.

I don't think Christina has made a deal with LE yet.

SS: You know I love you, but I disagree on this. I think Christine has MADE A DEAL, and because of that deal, anything CL says when (if) he is arrested that points to Christine's involvement will not result in a prison term for her.

IMO

chico:

Thank you so much..so the key word is FORCED........

So Christine can sing like a canary and also that would go in reverse for Cesar to sing also., if they so CHOOSE.

SS: You know I love you, but I disagree on this. I think Christine has MADE A DEAL, and because of that deal, anything CL says when (if) he is arrested that points to Christine's involvement will not result in a prison term for her.

IMO

That's what I'm afraid of! Now in some cases I've seen a truth clause. If at anytime the person that was given immunity is caught in a lie, then immunity is revoked and charges can be filed.

SS:

Ohhhhhhhhh. I like that "truth clause". Would that have to be disclosed to Christine by her attorney or by the LE?

If so, then wouldn't you think that anything she says would be the truth just so she doesn't get charged???

SS:

Ohhhhhhhhh. I like that "truth clause". Would that have to be disclosed to Christine by her attorney or by the LE?

If so, then wouldn't you think that anything she says would be the truth just so she doesn't get charged???

Right now we just have her side on things anyway...LE has no choice but to take her word until proven otherwise.

1/proof she painted inside??
2/did she drive Maria's car?
3/what happened in the Laurean home from 12/27-1/10?
4/was the backyard being re-landscaped?
5/is the handwriting on any of these notes Ctina's?

These are questions that I wonder about, in regards to Ctina's in:confused: volvement, after the fact.

Christiana then told neighbor THEY'D been doing some painting & they wanted to paint bedrooms & garage too.

.....quote]

That certainly clears up one of my questions about CL.
If she told her neighbor that THEY-meaning she and would be doing some painting...that confirms she saw the garage. And LE is speculating that Maria was murdered in the garage. That means CL had to see the blood in the garage before she and her husband painted it.
HOW can LE not charge CL with aiding and abetting????
Can't she be arrested for not telling LE about the murder sooner?

I simply don't see her as being innocent in all this.

.....quote]

That certainly clears up one of my questions about CL.
If she told her neighbor that THEY-meaning she and would be doing some painting...that confirms she saw the garage. And LE is speculating that Maria was murdered in the garage. That means CL had to see the blood in the garage before she and her husband painted it.
HOW can LE not charge CL with aiding and abetting????
Can't she be arrested for not telling LE about the murder sooner?

I simply don't see her as being innocent in all this.

Right, who paints a garage too, right? I wouldn't think that would be a priority in refurbishing.

Also, I think she is there ONLY key witness. Therefore, they have no choice but to take her on her word.

I think they are hoping Laurean contact's her. You better believe she is being tapped, followed and in some kind of protective custody. When this goes to trial, the big if, she will HAVE to testify. In the meantime, the have got to find Laurean!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member