DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Will do it then. I am going to try both names though:

Christina Smith
Chrisitna Shiflett

Any other possibilities?

I'm thinking she would have graduated between 1976 to 1978? Giving one can graduate a year early, or have been held back one year. Does that seem right?

Christina Smith
Chrisitna Shiflett

Any other possibilities?

I'm thinking she would have graduated between 1976 to 1978? Giving one can graduate a year early, or have been held back one year. Does that seem right?

Do we know the age of Christina. Possible maiden names, where was this documented?

She was older than Cesar. Maria, I think, graduated in 2002 (not positive...just recall seeing her standing in front of that 2002 sign with her name on the fence.) So Christina could have graduated in 2000 or 2001.

It has been stated that the marriage certificate listed her as "Christina Sue Smith", but her parents last name is Shifflet.

She was born on 7/21/83.

Well, guess my MATH WAS WAY OFF!!!!! And I see my mistake now. How stupid of me!!! So sorry!!!

Tom's Girl: Did you look under both names?

Man, I think Christina is up to her eyeballs in this case and it makes me mad the Sheriff's office seems to be ignoring the obvious. What is with this local sheriff's office? They seem totally inept!!

You are so right! Though I don't always agree with Nancy G's. tactics...I am glad she put the Sherriff on the spot. Clearly ,Christina has to know what's going on ,unless she's deaf, dumb & blind.:eek:

Man, I think Christina is up to her eyeballs in this case and it makes me mad the Sheriff's office seems to be ignoring the obvious. What is with this local sheriff's office? They seem totally inept!!

Christina and CL talked to a lawyer together on the 10th. He had talked to a lawyer on the 9th before he supposedly confessed to Christina and according to the affidavit had been told he possibly faced the death penalty.

I, personally, think Christina talked to the lawyer about what she might face IF she should be named as an accessory. Although she would have told the lawyer she had just found out about what CL did and not admitted to any involvement.

Her lawyer HAD to have made a deal before LE and prosecutors were told anything. With a deal, UNLESS evidence comes out that Christina is guilty of more than she admitted, she WON'T be charged.

Christina lawyered up. Any lawyer worth his salt would have worked to get a deal before Christina talked.

My opinion, only.

If the prosecutors cut a deal, unless there is strong actual evidence Christina did more than what she said she did in affidavit, she will remain the "key witness".

The sheriff's office can't override the prosecutor's.

In my opinion.

I don't even believe the story that christina cooked up. I think Christina knew about this case from the day it happened and maybe even was there and in on it. I think her and Cesar have been talking about it together ever since. Planning and trying to decide what to do. There is always an element of truth in lies. They probably did go to the lawyer with their story to see whats up and what he thought to get his opinion on the matter and cooked up their final story with her agreeing that he would get a huge head start to get down to Mexico before the police found out anything. I don't believe for a minute her explanation to talk to relatives about what to do. Any normal person would have been on the phone the second they got a letter like that from the suspect husband or not. I know I would be. I think Christina is/was glad Maria is dead. She may have even been the one to beat her with that crowbar. Why would Cesar need a crowbar to beat her? He could have just strangled her or something. A big strong marine like him.

1976-1978? Are you serious? I never realized she was that old?!

Christina Smith
Chrisitna Shiflett

Any other possibilities?

mygirl:

MY MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the confusion!!! Fingers miskeyed!!!

I don't even believe the story that christina cooked up. I think Christina knew about this case from the day it happened and maybe even was there and in on it. I think her and Cesar have been talking about it together ever since. Planning and trying to decide what to do. There is always an element of truth in lies. They probably did go to the lawyer with their story to see whats up and what he thought to get his opinion on the matter and cooked up their final story with her agreeing that he would get a huge head start to get down to Mexico before the police found out anything. I don't believe for a minute her explanation to talk to relatives about what to do. Any normal person would have been on the phone the second they got a letter like that from the suspect husband or not. I know I would be. I think Christina is/was glad Maria is dead. She may have even been the one to beat her with that crowbar. Why would Cesar need a crowbar to beat her? He could have just strangled her or something. A big strong marine like him.

I don't believe Christina's story either. I doubt the sheriff or prosecutors do.

But, there is no proof of Christina's wrongdoing. She has an alibi and according to her sworn statement had no knowledge of her husband's crime UNTIL Jan. 10.

As CL's wife Christina doesn't HAVE to testify against him.

If CL is caught, according to the note he left, he is going to say and testify that Christina knew nothing about and was NOT part of the murder. If that's the case, how would anyone prove otherwise?

Until or unless there is proof Christina is guilty of more, it is to LE's advantage to have Christina cooperating.

My opinion.

The trouble is, as far as I can see, is that Christina was probably home when the killing took place. When do they claim she left the party or what time does she claim to have come home? Maria couldn't have been killed til after 5pm. There just isn't time for her to argue with Cesar, get herself killed (It looks like she fought for her life) and have him do all this cleaning up and ridding himself of a body before Christina came home. Where was the baby all this time???

Well, guess my MATH WAS WAY OFF!!!!! And I see my mistake now. How stupid of me!!! So sorry!!!

Tom's Girl: Did you look under both names?

LOL, I used all names. know the ropes as I've been a paid Reunion Contact there for eight years. Even if you put in married last names, IF they're registered they come up.

The trouble is, as far as I can see, is that Christina was probably home when the killing took place. When do they claim she left the party or what time does she claim to have come home? Maria couldn't have been killed til after 5pm. There just isn't time for her to argue with Cesar, get herself killed (It looks like she fought for her life) and have him do all this cleaning up and ridding himself of a body before Christina came home. Where was the baby all this time???

Unfortunately, probably isn't proof beyond a reasonable doubt. If CL takes full responsibility and says his wife knew nothing, I don't think there is any evidence to prove otherwise.

Right now, the written word from CL is that Christina knew nothing and did not participate.

Common sense might say something else, but it isn't evidence.

My opinion only.

Unfortunately, probably isn't proof beyond a reasonable doubt. If CL takes full responsibility and says his wife knew nothing, I don't think there is any evidence to prove otherwise.

Right now, the written word from CL is that Christina knew nothing and did not participate.

Common sense might say something else, but it isn't evidence.

My opinion only.

However forgetting about one thing. No picture of her, so people if they had tips to call in...
Wait till we all see what happens when one does show up.
There's got to be a reason the military/sheriff is not presenting one of hers.
Wish the neighbors would post one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member