Christina Laurean

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she was planning on leaving, couldn't take the pressure. So she buys a bus ticket and then he gets to her first. I could see her not wanting to drive herself all the way to El Paso being as pregnant as she was.:mad:

I live in Houston and El Paso is sooooooooo far away it might as well be in another state. Its' about 700-750 miles from here.

Maybe she was planning on leaving, couldn't take the pressure. So she buys a bus ticket and then he gets to her first. I could see her not wanting to drive herself all the way to El Paso being as pregnant as she was.:mad:

That makes sense except why El Paso. She had no conection to this area that we know of. That is the part that does not make sense. The other option is that Christina was going to use the ticket.

I second golfmom's :eek::eek: Vacuum Cleaner :eek::eek:

Good to know they've already contacted authorities about this. I thought some posts were insightful. For instance:

I've spent countless hours decorating my house. If my husband out of the blue painted a wall, I'd be pissed.

I wonder if he didn't agree to take the blame, write the letter to take suspicion off his wife (they still have a child to think about although I question how much they thought about the child during the planning of the murder), and he knew with his mexican citizenship, he had the best chance of making it there, blending in, finding family and eventually work. Maybe they looked at it like, it is either me stay, and both of us take the fall, or he leaves, takes the blame and hides out.

ITA, this makes sense to me. I have believed all along that Christina played more of a role in this then she wants LE and her family to believe.
Also, I don't think he's in Mexico, that's where they want LE to look.

I second golfmom's :eek::eek: Vacuum Cleaner :eek::eek:

Good to know they've already contacted authorities about this. I thought some posts were insightful. For instance:

I've spent countless hours decorating my house. If my husband out of the blue painted a wall, I'd be pissed.

LOL I chuckled when I read that comment, how true.

That makes sense except why El Paso. She had no conection to this area that we know of. That is the part that does not make sense. The other option is that Christina was going to use the ticket.

Good point. Wonder why she didn't go. Does a buss ticket have an expiration date by any chance? Also a month old.

yah I am not sure just speculating of course. Maybe she had friends there or maybe Christina was going to use the ticket and their plans changed.

I wonder if he didn't agree to take the blame, write the letter to take suspicion off his wife (they still have a child to think about although I question how much they thought about the child during the planning of the murder), and he knew with his mexican citizenship, he had the best chance of making it there, blending in, finding family and eventually work. Maybe they looked at it like, it is either me stay, and both of us take the fall, or he leaves, takes the blame and hides out.

This does make sense. It seems like his escape was very well organized.
Everyone thinking he had already headed south on Friday morning and he went north to Durham. The ticket to El Paso that we are all wondering about
implies that he might be heading that way. Thinking he was in auto driving
south and his auto is sitting in Durham.

Did anyone else have a 'well duh' reaction to this? :doh:

How would they know btw what kind of mail Christina receives? Maybe a dumb question but do they watch the mail in cases like this, or did she maybe volunteer the info to LE? Just trying to figure out how to view this.

I think this was planned out in advance. Laurean is probably contacting wife before he crossed the border.

So sad they waited so long to catch him, poor Maria/Gabriel!

yah I am not sure just speculating of course. Maybe she had friends there or maybe Christina was going to use the ticket and their plans changed.

I have already ask this question but will ask again. Both Maria and Christina
were from Ohio. Did they know each other previously. Did they have mutual friends. I just find it odd that both are from Ohio.

I think this was planned out in advance. Laurean is probably contacting wife before he crossed the border.

So sad they waited so long to catch him, poor Maria/Gabriel!

This could have been his way of letting her know that he made it but I still think it is his way of taunting LE. He seems to love control and this is a game to him.

This could have been his way of letting her know that he made it but I still think it is his way of taunting LE. He seems to love control and this is a game to him.

Sick game indeed! He definitely had to get help though. I think the Louisiana siting was a hoax to though LE/FBI off.

Good luck finding him in Mexico. Now his life is ruined, we can take satisfaction in that!:behindbar

Still could be a set up, so the LE thinks one way and he's in opposite direction.

were from Ohio. Did they know each other previously. Did they have mutual friends. I just find it odd that both are from Ohio.

I have no idea I just heard today for the first time that Christina is from Ohio too.

It is odd. I thought Christina's father was in the military. In that case, you'd think she'd have moved every three or four years growing up.

If Christina considers one particular base her "home," the only one in Ohio is Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, coincidentally (?) 11 miles from Maria's hometown of Vandalia.

Usually if military brats say where they're "from" they identify where their grandparents and relatives are from. What service, if any, is Christina's father in?

I've always felt his wife was involved, to what extent I do not know, but it has never made 1 bit of sense to me that Maria would have willingly planned on taking such a long bus trip! Not way at 8 months pregnant, leaving behind her Dr etc. If it had been a short bus trip of a few hours I wouldn't think much about it but not the ordeal this would have been. If Maria wanted to leave the military she could have because of her pregnancy, the sensible thing to do then would be stay in long enough to have the baby and then she could leave with no problems.
If she went awol then what were her plans for having to go to a hospital for delivery? If she'd try to use her insurance they would be able to track her down.

Also if the reports of her car being there at 's home for a lengthy time, IMO it would never have stayed there so long if the wife was completely clueless, it would have been a priority to get it gone as fast as he could, for some reason he was not worried about his wife knowing it was there.

VB

It is odd. I thought Christina's father was in the military. In that case, you'd think she'd have moved every three or four years growing up.

If Christina considers one particular base her "home," the only one in Ohio is Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, coincidentally (?) 11 miles from Maria's hometown of Vandalia.

Usually if military brats say where they're "from" they identify where their grandparents and relatives are from. What service, if any, is Christina's father in?

I think that Maria's father is in the Air force Reserves but I am not sure about Christina's father. I just keep seeing info that she is from Ohio. Weird.

This is additional information from Christina's grandfathers obit:

Dan joined the U.S. Army in 1960, and served in the 101st Airborne Paratrooper Unit. He later graduated from flight school and served with distinction as a helicopter pilot from 1970-71 during the Vietnam War. Due to combat related injuries, he received a medical retirement and retired as a CW2. For his service, he received the Vietnam Service Medal, the Vietnam Campaign Medal with 60 Device, the Bronze Star Medal with “V,” the Bronze Star, two Purple Hearts, the National Defense Service Medal, the Army Aviation Badge, Good Conduct Medal second award, and numerous air medals.

He started at The Ohio State University in 1974, and completed his education at Ohio Northern University with a degree of Juris Doctor. He opened his private law practice, Daniel E. Shifflet & Co. in 1981, with offices in Prospect and Marion. He was a member of the Grace Baptist Church, the Ohio V.H.P.A, the National V.H.P.A., the VFW Post 6817 in Mount Victory, various VFWs in Marion, the 196th Light LIB, F Troop 8th Cavalry, a life member of the DAV and the FOPA.

Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 3, 2007, at the Grace Baptist Church with the Rev. Nicholas Worden officiating. Burial will follow at the Prospect Cemetery where military rites will be observed by the Marion County United Veterans Council. Friends may call Wednesday from 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. at Boyd Funeral Home.

Memorial contributions may be made Grace Baptist Church.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d_z