Cindy is Unbelievable

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think CA is still struggling between actual reality and the reality that ICA set her up with (and CA willingly participated in, JMO)- the job, the nanny, the endless excuses of where she was and what she was doing. Her use of tenses and the very matter of fact way she described ICA's "work", being out of town, etc. threw me a little. Her statement about no longer looking for Zanny tells me she has finally accepted that Caylee is deceased, and that everything ICA told them about her being "missing" was a lie, but she hasn't really fully accepted her own role in accepting ICA's lies and what that means- ICA knew that Caylee's body was rotting in the woods, and didn't want CA to ever bring her precious baby home. I think these are reasons CA couldn't stand to look at ICA. ICA knows CA is done covering, excusing, her and she had a major temper tantrum. MOO

This is so confusing for me. All Cindy did was recite her depo from July 2008 (I think). This was the same depo that had me almost rolling on the floor, (in agony or laughing - not sure which one) back when we first heard CA tell Yuri the lies KC had been telling her during the time Caylee had been missing. What choice did CA have on the stand yesterday but to relay her words from her depo that she had given under oath?

What, pray tell, did Cindy say yesterday that has everyone so forgiving of all the havoc she has caused over the past three years? I'm gobsmacked. CA put on a 'poor me' act imo. We've seen this gentler demeanor from her before at various times like when she's been on national TV.

What am I missing here?

loreet - i was very slowly typing, as you were posting....great minds and all that.......:floorlaugh: .but you said it better!

their lives arnt destroyed .. cindys is forever .. she will never have her caylee back or her daughter .. these ppl recovered just fine and seem to be doing quite well for themselves .. no one believed cindy anyway they hated her from the get go .. so i respectfully disagree i dont see it the way you are stating this . im not knocking u i do understand where your coming from to a point but as for me ya im ready to forgive her .. shes a person just like we are and she lost the love of her life caylee.. none of these ppl she blamed lost someone they loved as much as she does and did in the manner that she did .. her daughter murdered her grandchild .. i doubt very very highly any of the ppl she blamed have suffered that type of loss.. except mabey the grunds bc i know they loved caylee

I have always said that if CA did the right thing by Caylee and faced the truth like she always said she would when it was shown by a court of law then I would support her 100%. I just don't trust that has happened yet. Like many times before when it seemed like she was going to face reality, like when Caylee was finally found feet from her own home wrapped with her own items from her house and even Ray Charles could see who put her there yet CA still refused to see the possibility that her daughter could have been involved. I'm just not ready to believe in the new version of CA quite yet. Not putting her down at all. As she said, a mothers love for her daughter goes deep. Maybe hers goes so deep that in spite of all the obvious facts of the situation she will still give her the benefit of the doubt and still cling to any hope of her innocence.
After all, she said she stopped looking for Zanny 6 weeks ago, she didn't say she stopped believing her daughter didn't harm her child.

i hear ya. i don't disagree. but look at it like a scale of justice, weighing different factors. nothing, not even those heavy truths about her actions you point out, outweighs her telling the truth about ICA.

i give her a pass, grudgingly, but a pass, as long as she continues to tell the truth.

then again, I am only talking about my opinion. so, who really cares?

Re my bold--Are you kiddin' me? I/we learn amazing, invaluable things by reading other peoples' opinions here. Besides being reminded of information about the case that I may have forgotten or overlooked, I learn a lot about human nature...about whether I'm harsher or softer in my judgments than the majority here...about whether I tend to be in the majority or minority on most issues and why. Perhaps most importantly, I learn how easily the written word can be misunderstood and how easily it can wound others. And that's just part of it. :)

MOO. I think Cindy kept hoping that there was a Zenaida and maybe Caylee was not really dead. Extreme grief wreaks havoc on one's ability to accept reality. When they were told the DT "story" Cindy realized there was no hope and that their daughter knew all along that the little girl was dead and since she dragged George into the story ICA must have been guilty of murder. Why else the elaborate tale from the DT.

I've just finished reading over the posts from about the 4/20th to today and see the most frequently asked question was why didn't she do this 3 years ago.

When you watched Cindy just begin to describe the web of deceit, manipulation and lies from ICA leading up to and after ICA killed Caylee, did you not even get an inkling of why she didn't "muster up the will 3 years ago"? Seriously?

Something occurred to me as I woke up this morning. Does that ever happen to you? The instant you are awake you have an answer to a question you didn't realize you were asking?

So - fellow posters - puzzle me this! :waitasec:

Cindy has had a belief about what happened to Caylee, and who is responsible for her death. Cindy has done many many irrational and hurtful things because she believed her daughter was innocent. She said ugly accusations about people because people have said ugly accusations about ICA. Cindy has no basis for her beliefs except her experience and observations, but still this is the foundation of her belief system.

Now, after talking to their lawyer and the SA, Cindy has more facts, more information and no longer believes her daughter is innocent.

At this forum, we've discussed many things we have heard or read about Cindy. We have made many accusations about her - many of the ugly, and made suppositions based on our belief system about her. Much of what we believe hasn't been based on fact, but our own experiences in life, but has allowed us to spend three years discussing the family dynamics, our belief that Cindy has not grieved for Caylee, that Cindy chose ICA "over" Caylee. Again, this is what we assumed, and is not based on fact. That is the foundation of our belief system.

Now watching Cindy testify in court on Saturday, we have seen with our own eyes, and heard Cindy describe her love for Caylee. We saw Cindy shun ICA. We know that Cindy and George have new information regarding the defense tactics and now we also have that information. And many of us have changed our minds about Cindy.

Am I the only one here who sees some behavioral patterns that are very alike? In some ways have we not been behaving like Cindy?

Well, the above should get me run off the board if nothing else does. :truce:
Just food for thought folks....

I am with you Zadari. I think your words are wise, and I also believe that people who got lashed out at by Cindy in the process of this sad, sad case, are not destroyed, and, I would hope, will get or have gotten over it. I imagine most people have been lashed out at by people in distress in their lifetimes. Granted, perhaps not to such an extreme, but everything needs to be seen in a context.
If you are not a sociopath, chances are close to 100% that your lashing out is caused by great pain.

It's never a good action, but most people will understand it because we all have done it too, though thankfully, again, not to this extreme. I have the hope that those who were affected, are forgiving it, as well.
Also because, life's too short to live with the weight of tons of resentment, it takes so much negative energy...

I know I am just an old hippie peace and love person :crazy:
Again, for me personally: here's to love and the power of redemption. And the Anthony's finally being able to move on to a semblance of peace and a less piercing pain.

:grouphug:

Re my bold--

As another old hippie I agree with you in principal :). However, for some of CA's victims, I think we're adding insult to their injury to suggest they should be able to just forgive and forget because life's too short to live with the weight of resentment and that takes so much negative energy, etc., etc.

Practically speaking, if we're going to ask that of the Grunds and some of the other victims' families, we'd better wait until a year or two after they've recovered from the awful financial burdens of hiring attorneys to protect themselves from CA's vicious accusations. Until then, they aren't going to be in a forgive-and-forget mood.

KWIM?

Assuming CA continues to behave like the woman we saw on the witness stand, when the trial is over, she could redeem herself in the public's eyes if she were to issue an apology to the Grunds, Tim Miller, and the other people she hurt in her blind, ferocious zeal to protect the daughter she believed was completely innocent and truthful.

For this to work, however, ICA first needs to be convicted of a serious charge and also sentenced to prison for it. (Although I believe KC murdered Caylee in a fit of rage/revenge, I think the jury will only convict her of lesser charges.)

snipped:

VAN SUSTEREN: And over here, the toys and all the books. What is this? Oh, her birth -- is this her first -- this is her very -- this is when she was
CINDY ANTHONY: Yes. I made that the first week, all those pictureswithin the first week of Caylee coming home. We had a baby shower. Caylee was born ona Monday night or Tuesday morning, and we had a baby shower for her on thatSaturday. And this was a baby shower present that I put together for Casey, just within that week, with pictures Caylee's birth announcement.
BBM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,398490,00.html#ixzz1 Nm0q6og[/URL]

Yesterday on the stand Cindy said this:
about the 10:20 mark
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ4487LneGs&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ4487LneGs&feature=related[/ame]

This is a huge OOPS!! IMO

Warning! I am about to post an unfavorable opinion of Cindy!

I was almost stunned at the Cindy I saw and heard on the witness stand yesterday. The meek, "Yes, Mam" replies just did not seem like Cindy.

My opinion is that the SA's had a "come to Jesus" meeting with the Anthony's. The SA's and detectives have George (n video) telling the FBI that he smelled decomposition in Caseys' vehicle. I also remember that Cindy got angry after a taped interview with detectives when she was asked to raise her right hand and swear that she had been telling the truth in that interview. It was the interview where the detectives had a canendar and was attempting to create a timeline according to what Cindy knew. Having seen what I have seen for almost 3 years, I am going to have to wait and see if Cindy will continue to tell the truth where the hard questions are concerned. That goes for George as well.

I do hope and pray that Cindy and George are sincere and will tell the truth for little Caylees' sake. They are the parents of someone charged with 1st degree murder. They are the grandparents of a wonderful little girl who was murdered. They are in a circumstance that no two people should find themselves in. For that, I do have compassion for them.

I personally have not seen enough of Cindys' testimony to determine whether or not she has truly come over to the right side yet.

MOO

While I am uncertain of where CA is going, I must point out that she was letting KC know it was a showdown.

CA mentioned KC getting fat, I understand the pregnancy issue and am not surprised no one knew it is "hide-able", she was putting KC in her place. When CA said she did not stop looking for Zanny until 6 weeks ago, it was putting KC in her place.

Where CA will go with it, IDK. I hope she has seen the light, she cannot pin hopes on KC, she must move on with the family that remains. The remaining are all that ever will be, KC never was going to be anyway.

I don't think she covered an alleged argument in June 08, the questioning just did not get that far. For many reasons. Questions could have been asked, but were not.

CA is not hiding anything. Good for her, so far.

While I am uncertain of where CA is going, I must point out that she was letting KC know it was a showdown.

CA mentioned KC getting fat, I understand the pregnancy issue and am not surprised no one knew it is "hide-able", she was putting KC in her place. When CA said she did not stop looking for Zanny until 6 weeks ago, it was putting KC in her place.

Where CA will go with it, IDK. I hope she has seen the light, she cannot pin hopes on KC, she must move on with the family that remains. The remaining are all that ever will be, KC never was going to be anyway.

I don't think she covered an alleged argument in June 08, the questioning just did not get that far. For many reasons. Questions could have been asked, but were not.

CA is not hiding anything. Good for her, so far.

Agree 21Merc7 - but somehow I think the things that weren't covered during CA's first time up were done on that way on purpose and orchestrated by LDB.

I think LDB wanted CA's bare bones testimony - to, as some say - "throw down the gauntlet" or draw the line in the sand and exactly for the reasons you stated above.

Saturday was not the day for the details. I think we will see LDB weave them into the various testimonies of the witnesses as the trial progresses. Right in the face of JB's accusations regarding George was no time to be bringing up CA choking ICA in a rage!! Talk about derailing a trial LOL!

Baez would have been "over the moon" with happiness if LDB had popped that question!!! I picturing him sitting at the DT table salivating, quivering with anticipation.

Then again, maybe we could delete that picture? :banghead::banghead:

snipped:

VAN SUSTEREN: And over here, the toys and all the books. What is this? Oh, her birth -- is this her first -- this is her very -- this is when she was
CINDY ANTHONY: Yes. I made that the first week, all those pictureswithin the first week of Caylee coming home. We had a baby shower. Caylee was born ona Monday night or Tuesday morning, and we had a baby shower for her on thatSaturday. And this was a baby shower present that I put together for Casey, just within that week, with pictures Caylee's birth announcement.
BBM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,398490,00.html#ixzz1 Nm0q6og[/URL]

Yesterday on the stand Cindy said this:
about the 10:20 mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ4487LneGs&feature=related

This is a huge OOPS!! IMO

Did ICA only have one baby shower or did she have two - do we know?

I have real compassion for CA. The only thing that I hold against her is her attempt to put suspicion on others--JG for one.

I have real compassion for CA. The only thing that I hold against her is her attempt to put suspicion on others--JG for one.

Agree - It's unfortunate for sure - however CA at the time thought ICA was innocent and people were saying ugly things about her, so CA was doing the same thing back in her mind - IMO.

The Grunds and others have been hurt by her actions no doubt. But when push comes to shove, I hope those people remember - Sticks and Stones will break my bones - but names will never hurt me.

Caylee murdered and ICA guilty? If that isn't Sticks and Stones for CA, I don't know what else is.

I've just finished reading over the posts from about the 4/20th to today and see the most frequently asked question was why didn't she do this 3 years ago.

When you watched Cindy just begin to describe the web of deceit, manipulation and lies from ICA leading up to and after ICA killed Caylee, did you not even get an inkling of why she didn't "muster up the will 3 years ago"? Seriously?

Something occurred to me as I woke up this morning. Does that ever happen to you? The instant you are awake you have an answer to a question you didn't realize you were asking?

So - fellow posters - puzzle me this! :waitasec:

Cindy has had a belief about what happened to Caylee, and who is responsible for her death. Cindy has done many many irrational and hurtful things because she believed her daughter was innocent. She said ugly accusations about people because people have said ugly accusations about ICA. Cindy has no basis for her beliefs except her experience and observations, but still this is the foundation of her belief system.

Now, after talking to their lawyer and the SA, Cindy has more facts, more information and no longer believes her daughter is innocent.

At this forum, we've discussed many things we have heard or read about Cindy. We have made many accusations about her - many of the ugly, and made suppositions based on our belief system about her. Much of what we believe hasn't been based on fact, but our own experiences in life, but has allowed us to spend three years discussing the family dynamics, our belief that Cindy has not grieved for Caylee, that Cindy chose ICA "over" Caylee. Again, this is what we assumed, and is not based on fact. That is the foundation of our belief system.

Now watching Cindy testify in court on Saturday, we have seen with our own eyes, and heard Cindy describe her love for Caylee. We saw Cindy shun ICA. We know that Cindy and George have new information regarding the defense tactics and now we also have that information. And many of us have changed our minds about Cindy.

Am I the only one here who sees some behavioral patterns that are very alike? In some ways have we not been behaving like Cindy?

Well, the above should get me run off the board if nothing else does. :truce:
Just food for thought folks....

RBBM. I see the opposite. To me, the willingness of people here to change their minds about Cindy because she finally testified truthfully for two hours, with no signs of her former slyness or belligerence, isn't an indication that we've been judging her unfairly in the past. Rather, I see it as a testimonial to people's desire to be fair-minded, objective, and forgiving.

It's an undeniable fact that Cindy's behavior for three years was ugly and deplorable, and unlike that of any other person whose child was accused of murdering a family member.

We judged her, appropriately, on her words and conduct. I don't think many of us ever doubted that Cindy adored Caylee, but it's undeniable
that Cindy was more focused on saving KC than getting justice for Caylee. I'm not saying that's wrong of her; but it is what it is.

Now, after her daughter's and JB's heinous public accusations of sexual abuse, etc., Cindy appears to have abandoned the fight to save KC and to fight instead for her husband, her son, and herself.

None of us will ever know for sure which of KC's admissions/accusations caused Cindy to turn her back on KC.

Did ICA only have one baby shower or did she have two - do we know?

I would think she would have said "We had another baby shower...." If they had more than one
..but you are right she could of had more than one. I doubt she did

I am not so quick to forgive or forget what CA and GA have said and done over the past 3 years. I am not saying YOU are or have, but many seem to be. IMO

I would think she would have said "We had another baby shower...." If they had more than one
..but you are right she could of had more than one. I doubt she did

I am not so quick to forgive or forget what CA and GA have said and done over the past 3 years. I am not saying YOU are or have, but many seem to be. IMO

I guess because it didn't happen to me - I've been both shocked and appalled by CA's behavior, but in an objective way, did have a range of understanding what was motivating her if that makes any sense.

But I have always been concerned at the "depth and breadth" of passion which posters have denounced her ( and I am choosing my words ve-rrr-y carefully here) for the past three years without having hard facts to support it. Just the statement that CA put aside justice for Caylee to defend her daughter is an example. CA believed in ICA's innocence. Thus her statement Justice for Caylee will be Justice for ICA. It just has a whole bigger ring of truth to it than CA envisioned. But CA never said she didn't want justice for Caylee.

As passionate as I am in this case, and I am, this murder and this murderer didn't happen in my family - I am an observer. I am always cautious about both mob rule and claiming "Guilty" without hard factual evidence. I've seen enough evidence to be in peace with my opinion about ICA's guilt, but I need to watch Cindy in Real Time and in her own words before I make my own final judgement on her actions. All IMO.

And thank you for your comments about not making presumptions re my comments.

RBBM. I see the opposite. To me, the willingness of people here to change their minds about Cindy because she finally testified truthfully for two hours, with no signs of her former slyness or belligerence, isn't an indication that we've been judging her unfairly in the past. Rather, I see it as a testimonial to people's desire to be fair-minded, objective, and forgiving.

It's an undeniable fact that Cindy's behavior for three years was ugly and deplorable, and unlike that of any other person whose child was accused of murdering a family member.

We judged her, appropriately, on her words and conduct. I don't think many of us ever doubted that Cindy adored Caylee, but it's undeniable
that Cindy was more focused on saving KC than getting justice for Caylee. I'm not saying that's wrong of her; but it is what it is.

Now, after her daughter's and JB's heinous public accusations of sexual abuse, etc., Cindy appears to have abandoned the fight to save KC and to fight instead for her husband, her son, and herself.

None of us will ever know for sure which of KC's admissions/accusations caused Cindy to turn her back on KC.

Hi Friday!!!
Nice to see you posting again.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member