Cindy's Testimony at 911 Tapes Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your daughters car and it smelling like a dead body is NOT some stupid little trivial thing. You are going to remember EVERYTHING you did and said while trying to find the answer why.

Not to mention the fact that she's had ample time to go over everything she said anyway! If we can pull up all the info and what she said, she can certainly pull it up.

You're correct. She knew right off the bat that her daughter was involved in her granddaughter's demise. No two ways about it. And none of that could ever be considered trivial in my opinion.

Not to mention the fact that she's had ample time to go over everything she said anyway! If we can pull up all the info and what she said, she can certainly pull it up.

You're correct. She knew right off the bat that her daughter was involved in her granddaughter's demise. No two ways about it. And none of that could ever be considered trivial in my opinion.

I bet CA has blown through ten printers and hundreds of ink cartridges printing everything about this case. Maybe, I'll drive by, and steal their trash bags. LOL Just kidding folks!

I bet CA has blown through ten printers and hundreds of ink cartridges printing everything about this case. Maybe, I'll drive by, and steal their trash bags. LOL Just kidding folks!

Yep. CA has been seen citing reference pages and sections from prior statements at depos. CA is well rehearsed and knows EXACTLY what is what. Don't be fooled.

BBM

Baffles me, that she was gnawing right up until she stood up to testify. My boyfriend suggested she had an everlasting gobstopper, the way it was moving around her lower jaw. George too, right up to the end, his mouth was moving. Sickening.

It looked like one of those big jawbreakers. Good thing she didn't choke on that thing it was really big. Could you just see the headlines in the Orlando Sentinel if she did choke on that thing. CA Sues OCPD For Not Enforcing The No Food Policy In The Court Room. CA makes a statement to the media....not my fault they didn't do their job, and I am in pain. LMAO

At first I wondered why LDB wasn't asking more and more questions, she dismissed Cindy, brought out Lee, and I thought for SURE she'd recall Cindy and cross and recross over Lee's testimony, but she didn't. With Lee she didn't press anything. It wasn't until Debbie finally showed up after a long "where is she?", gave her Jackie LaManchik testimony (reference to John Grisham's Rainmaker, look it up if you don't know), and LDB stood up and said "No questions, Your Honor", that it occurred to me just how brilliant this woman truly is. A fine tooth comb would be ashamed of itself, for how well this woman works.

LDB. IS. BRILLIANT. I bow down to her. I am a true fan now. Holy Moly, I would NEVER want to be someone trying to lie or hide something and then have to be cross examined by her. Wow, she was just awesome! And like some of you, it took me a bit to see what she was doing, but when I figured it out, I was like WHOA that's brilliant!

I was just in AWE of her today, and I came out of that hearing more convinced than ever that is not only not getting away with this, but will mostly likely have a needle in her arm by the time this was done.

I hope the entire A family paid attention. SA is too well prepared for them to spew their lies and get away with it. When they are on that stand, they are toast. I hope they know that and it scares them.

I also hope they know just how BAD Casey's defense team is. LDB make them look like amateur kids just starting out. And yet they sat there laughing it up. I think this whole trial is going to be one big sink for them. They just don't know how to get it together and come off as professional and smart. LDB LITERALLY wiped the floor with them today. That's just a snippet, boys. She will do that to you all day long, all week long, all the entire time of the trial.

Back on topic, I also thought it was hilarious the minutia of control Cindy tried to have. She reminded me of my dog when she sees food within reach. If she thinks she has the slightest chance to take it from me, she will. And her eyes never leave that food. Cindy was the same way. Her eyes never left LDB. She was more concentrated on any sort of control or one up she could get on LDB and took it with the dates and blaming the FBI for the depos. It's like she's so totally helpless on the stand, she has to take what she can get.

BTW, I am not saying Cindy is dog. I'm just saying she was concentrated more on what she could get out of her testimony and the SA than really standing up for Caylee in court today. All IMO.

I don't believe she lied at all. You are talking about STUPID details in comparison to everything else, trivial stupid things...People forget.

I know I forgot lots of things that were peripheral when giving depositions some 2 years after a traumatic event. Time gets blurred and the little things get fuzzy. The BIG stuff, that never goes away.

Do you honestly believe for a second that you shed more tears and loved Caylee more than Cindy????????????
I understand what you're saying, but lying under oath whether it's once, twice...whatever...is not stupid...it's illegal.

CAs physical posture went from supporter when JB was questioning her to adversary when Linda did. Her manner in answering did the same. She went from blundering "Oh I don't remember, I don't recall" .... to answering "correct" to Linda's questions very quickly as if she had predicted what Linda would ask.

One thing CA is not, clairvoyant. Shes the master manipulator, deflector and defender.

Fortunately for us, and for justice, Cindy is nowhere near as smart as Linda DB.
She thinks she is, but we saw a small sample today of LDB cross examining, and she is expert at her job. Every time Cindy tried to lie or plead ignorance, LDB knew exactly which document to bring out to prove Cindy had just tried to knowingly change her story.

What really stood out to me was that...........during her first round of questioning by JB she seemed to respond with answers that ran on (except when JB cut her off becasue she was talking too much) and "couldn't recall" quite a few things. She was calm....and in no way confrontational or emotional.

When she was cross examined by LDB.....she gave notably shorter / one word answers and offered no further details. She did not fall back on the "I can't recall" mantra nearly as much as she did with JB's questions.

LDB was skillful in having "at the ready" specific transcripts to "assist" Cindy in recalling previous comments. All the while she was able to penetrate the barrier that has been up for so long and "get" to Cindy's core emotions.

LDB softened her tone at times to demonstrate empathy for the witness....in a way....validated the real pain that a "grandmother" has endured. She lowered Cindy's defenses and gave Cindy "permission" to express her grief and to speak the truth. She gave Cindy a platform to truly honor Caylee.

Cindy has always been free to speak the truth BUT a HUGE focus has been concentrated on saving KC...protecting her daughter. The defense represents KC NOT Caylee. Does anyone really think that JB has ever validated Cindy's grief????

While being questioned by LDB...Cindy sniffled, looked down, had tears in her eyes, softened her voice, and literally crumbled before our eyes. WHY??? Because in all of this.......someone gave her the space to do so. Yes, LDB focused on things like the smell, like the panic, the gut instincts, the timeline. But she also drew out a grandmothers pain.

A brief 10 minute recess was given after that. Cindy needed a break. Judge Perry knew what he needed to know.....there was no reason to put her through more at that moment.

When Cindy came back and answered JB on redirect...she was back to "memory loss", and speculation about Caylee's status as alive or not. She was back in "I'm here to help my daughter mode recalling JB's motive for the hearing". WHile she sounded ridiculous at times......she never appeared "real".

Funny that after LDB crossed...JB offered to refresh CIndy's memory with a transcript. Not once before.

I think she has given us an insight into the trial.

Fortunately for us, and for justice, Cindy is nowhere near as smart as Linda DB.
She thinks she is, but we saw a small sample today of LDB cross examining, and she is expert at her job. Every time Cindy tried to lie or plead ignorance, LDB knew exactly which document to bring out to prove Cindy had just tried to knowingly change her story.

OH my goodness you are SO right! I didn't even realize that till you said it but geez, she had a folder, and a paper, and a binder, and a file, and everything! You're so right. Linda Drane Burdick always knew exactly what page and paragraph and line to go to no matter what nonsense Cindy tried to claim she didn't remember. Goodness gracious. What a testimony to the state's preparedness - you know, as opposed to the fumbling sound of papers being ruffled about that we hear from the other side of the pond.

LDB. IS. BRILLIANT. I bow down to her. I am a true fan now. Holy Moly, I would NEVER want to be someone trying to lie or hide something and then have to be cross examined by her. Wow, she was just awesome! And like some of you, it took me a bit to see what she was doing, but when I figured it out, I was like WHOA that's brilliant!

I was just in AWE of her today, and I came out of that hearing more convinced than ever that is not only not getting away with this, but will mostly likely have a needle in her arm by the time this was done.

I hope the entire A family paid attention. SA is too well prepared for them to spew their lies and get away with it. When they are on that stand, they are toast. I hope they know that and it scares them.

I also hope they know just how BAD Casey's defense team is. LDB make them look like amateur kids just starting out. And yet they sat there laughing it up. I think this whole trial is going to be one big sink for them. They just don't know how to get it together and come off as professional and smart. LDB LITERALLY wiped the floor with them today. That's just a snippet, boys. She will do that to you all day long, all week long, all the entire time of the trial.

Back on topic, I also thought it was hilarious the minutia of control Cindy tried to have. She reminded me of my dog when she sees food within reach. If she thinks she has the slightest chance to take it from me, she will. And her eyes never leave that food. Cindy was the same way. Her eyes never left LDB. She was more concentrated on any sort of control or one up she could get on LDB and took it with the dates and blaming the FBI for the depos. It's like she's so totally helpless on the stand, she has to take what she can get.

BTW, I am not saying Cindy is dog. I'm just saying she was concentrated more on what she could get out of her testimony and the SA than really standing up for Caylee in court today. All IMO.
I wonder what the whole lot of them are thinking when hearing after hearing doesn't go there way. IMO the truth trumps BS every time. The handwriting is on the wall.

What really stood out to me was that...........during her first round of questioning by JB she seemed to respond with answers that ran on (except when JB cut her off becasue she was talking too much) and "couldn't recall" quite a few things. She was calm....and in no way confrontational or emotional.

When she was cross examined by LDB.....she gave notably shorter / one word answers and offered no further details. She did not fall back on the "I can't recall" mantra nearly as much as she did with JB's questions.

LDB was skillful in having "at the ready" specific transcripts to "assist" Cindy in recalling previous comments. All the while she was able to penetrate the barrier that has been up for so long and "get" to Cindy's core emotions.

LDB softened her tone at times to demonstrate empathy for the witness....in a way....validated the real pain that a "grandmother" has endured. She lowered Cindy's defenses and gave Cindy "permission" to express her grief and to speak the truth. She gave Cindy a platform to truly honor Caylee.

Cindy has always been free to speak the truth BUT a HUGE focus has been concentrated on saving KC...protecting her daughter. The defense represents KC NOT Caylee. Does anyone really think that JB has ever validated Cindy's grief????

While being questions by LDB...Cindy sniffled, looked down, had tears in her eyes, softened her voice, and literally crumbled before our eyes. WHY??? Because in all of this.......someone gave her the space to do so. Yes, LDB focused on things like the smell, like the panic, the gut instincts, the timeline. But she also drew out a grandmothers pain.

A brief 10 minute recess was given after that. Cindy needed a break. Judge Perry knew what he needed to know.....there was no reason to put her through more at that moment.

When Cindy came back and answered JB on redirect...she was back to "memory loss", and speculation about Caylee's status as alive or not. She was back in "I'm here to help my daughter mode recalling JB's motive for the hearing". WHile she sounded ridiculous at times......she never appeared "real".

that was beautiful.

LDB is amazingly brilliant, and low key to boot. I loved the looks on JB & CM's faces, when they weren't laughing or smirking. At one point after LDB finished addressing HHJP and sat down, the camera panned to JB & CM and they looked like they were about to toss their cookies! Hope someone posts a still photo on here at some point, it was priceless.

While being questioned by LDB...Cindy sniffled, looked down, had tears in her eyes, softened her voice, and literally crumbled before our eyes. WHY??? Because in all of this.......someone gave her the space to do so. Yes, LDB focused on things like the smell, like the panic, the gut instincts, the timeline. But she also drew out a grandmothers pain.

Funny that after LDB crossed...JB offered to refresh CIndy's memory with a transcript. Not once before.

Thank you SOTS. What you have said is why I did feel compassion for Cindy today. When she was answering LDB's questions I saw alot of emotion in Cindy, something that I have not seen before now. It may be a ploy by the defense, but I felt that it was real.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well stated! LDB finessed CA woman to woman like JA simply could not. She set a whole new standard and the bar too high for the Defense to compete.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct. :smile:

Yes, she told lies. She and Amy DID talk about the car. She did warn Tony and friend about Casey's sticky fingers.

She was trying to say her memory is faulty because it was "two years ago" but then she turns around and says several paragraphs are missing from her FBI? interview. That's not a woman with a faulty memory. That's a woman claiming faulty memory because pleading the Fifth would have made her appear to be hiding something. Appearing to be lying would have been grounds for perjury. So to protect herself and her daughter, she claimed "faulty memory".

Cindy's "I don't remember" was a very convenient way of getting around having to answer some questions..........questions she just didn't want to answer truthfully. Whenever something traumatic happens to people they tend to remember every detail.

How many people here remember Sept. 11, 2001? For our parents and grandparents it was November 22, 1963 - the day JFK was shot, and December 7, 1941 - the day Pearl Harbor was attacked. For me, and I daresay for most people, I can remember every little detail of that traumatic day - Sept. 11, 2001, as if it happened yesterday. I remember where I was and exactly what I was doing when I heard the news. I remember my first thoughts and subsequent actions. I remember everything I did that day - every detail.

When the trauma becomes personal, something that happens to an individual, as opposed to something that stunned the nation, it's just as memorable. Every detail is remembered. All the minute details become ingrained in the story that's told and re-told.

Cindy didn't forget........she just didn't want to answer the question that was put to her.

I don't believe she lied at all. You are talking about STUPID details in comparison to everything else, trivial stupid things...People forget.

I know I forgot lots of things that were peripheral when giving depositions some 2 years after a traumatic event. Time gets blurred and the little things get fuzzy. The BIG stuff, that never goes away.

Do you honestly believe for a second that you shed more tears and loved Caylee more than Cindy????????????

Linda7NJ - I respectively disagree with you. I do have compassion for CA when I try to comprehend what she has gone through have expressed it great length on this site, and will continue to do so.

BUT, today CA was in a court of law and swore to tell the truth. NOT the story that would damage ICA the least, NOT the story Baez wants her to tell, but to tell what actually happened from her perspective that fatal day.

Did anyone count how many times CA said I can't remember? And don't any of you think that was very odd because we know Brad has been sitting with her day after day reviewing her testimonies in depth. CA admitted that on the stand today.

So the "I don't remembers" are the flags her lawyers have told her about, not a genuine non-recollection. It isn't CA's job to decide Casey's fate, she isn't that powerful. Nobody is asking her to decide anything.It is her duty to her country's laws and the memory of Caylee to testify truthfully. I saw CA tell her "convenient truths" - the rest were kept in a basket under Baez's desk. Caylee deserved better, Cindy.

Linda7NJ - I respectively disagree with you. I do have compassion for CA when I try to comprehend what she has gone through have expressed it great length on this site, and will continue to do so.

BUT, today CA was in a court of law and swore to tell the truth. NOT the story that would damage ICA the least, NOT the story Baez wants her to tell, but to tell what actually happened from her perspective that fatal day.

Did anyone count how many times CA said I can't remember? And don't any of you think that was very odd because we know Brad has been sitting with her day after day reviewing her testimonies in depth. CA admitted that on the stand today.

So the "I don't remembers" are the flags her lawyers have told her about, not a genuine non-recollection. It isn't CA's job to decide Casey's fate, she isn't that powerful. Nobody is asking her to decide anything.It is her duty to her country's laws and the memory of Caylee to testify truthfully. I saw CA tell her "convenient truths" - the rest were kept in a basket under Baez's desk. Caylee deserved better, Cindy.
Exactly right she knew what was coming. It's called witness preparation. The defense went over every possible question that could be asked...and how it was to be answered. I got the impression, though, it wasn't Jose who prepped Cindy. It seemed as if some of the questions differed from those she was (no doubt) prepped on.

I've only managed to read four pages so I don't know if it's been covered already that CA is sticking to the Zanny/Zani story. At the point she reminded us of Zanny the Nanny who she never laid eyes on but believes in wholeheartedly, I remembered who I was listening too. When she said that she believes Caylee is still alive I was back to normal, that is, remembering that the explanation of Caylee's death is based on false blame and fiction according to the whole family. They all know the truth and they're not willing to reveal it imo.

Night all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members