Cindy's Testimony at 911 Tapes Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CA was under the influence of some kind of meds, as stated by attorney Mark Nejames.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/11/when-mark-nejam.html

IMO possibly benzos, over the last 2 years, which could genuinely affect her ability to recall things when asked under oath at hearings like this. (or anywhere else)

Adverse effects of benzos:

http://web4health.info/it/bio-benzo-sideeffects.htm

Last paragraph could also explain why it's taken CA so long to adjust to reality.

But this is just a possibility and MOO.

The effect of meds on her memory would be random and not selective though. She only claims to have 'forgotten' information she does not want to discuss ( as in incriminating). It's an easy cop out.

The effect of meds on her memory would be random and not selective though. She only claims to have 'forgotten' information she does not want to discuss. It's an easy cop out.

The lovely thing is that if we know it, the state knows it, too-and they can remind CA with her own words (like they did yesterday) or video.

Now that CA knows for sure that they will confront her with her own words (she got very angry at John Morgan for this), she will have to walk a more narrow path at trial. I don't think it's lost on her that Judge P will not put up with garbage, I don't think it was lost on her yesterday that even the defense does not want her offering information that they did not ask for.

I can't help but think this could be a relief for CA in a way. When she tesitifies, she will have no choice but to tell it like it is, and therefore she can feel blameless for what happens to KC. Remember the phone call to the house that KC made, where CA tells KC that she basically had no choice but to tell the media that KC could have been involved, because KC left her no choice by continualy lying. CA did love Caylee, and if she can hide behind being forced to tell the truth, she may well get some justice for Caylee after all. Not to say that she is calculating this up front, but we have seen her take the escape hatch before-she could do it again.

I feel that Cindy and Lee both know that they have given video interviews and depositions. They know that they have no choice but to admit to what they have said. As Cindy said at one point on the stand when being questioned by LDB, "I said what I said".

So they are both resigned to admitting to what has been recorded previously.

It would be to Casey's benefit to appear a little kinder toward her Mother. She sits like a stone cold statue when Cindy is looking her in the face. We all know how she feels, but to continually rub it in by ignoring her Mother will be noticed by any juror. Any juror has the ability to garner impressions of what they see in the way of non verbal communication. Casey's demeanor just screams "I hate you so much".

I agree that she showed anger while her mother was on the stand.
If she hadn't just injured her tooth I think she would have been grinding the teeth.

I can imagine her thinking that it was all CA's fault that she is where she is.
She probably thinks her mother pushed her into killing Caylee.
And now CA is free and living it up and Ica is in jail forever.

The way that family shows love to Ica is so odd unless it is to pacify her at all times.
Don't let her get angry.
You wouldn't like her when she's angry.

I feel that Cindy and Lee both know that they have given video interviews and depositions. They know that they have no choice but to admit to what they have said. As Cindy said at one point on the stand when being questioned by LDB, "I said what I said".

So they are both resigned to admitting to what has been recorded previously.

It would be to Casey's benefit to appear a little kinder toward her Mother. She sits like a stone cold statue when Cindy is looking her in the face. We all know how she feels, but to continually rub it in by ignoring her Mother will be noticed by any juror. Any juror has the ability to garner impressions of what they see in the way of non verbal communication. Casey's demeanor just screams "I hate you so much".

I mean no offense, but her other option would have been to show emotion, affection, smile, cry, etc etc....which would have been picked apart as well. It's just the nature of the beast. I don't know that I could sit stonefaced for so long watching my mother discuss one of the worst days of her and my life, but hey. I sure would be able to make my hair look good!

I mean no offense, but her other option would have been to show emotion, affection, smile, cry, etc etc....which would have been picked apart as well. It's just the nature of the beast. I don't know that I could sit stonefaced for so long watching my mother discuss one of the worst days of her and my life, but hey. I sure would be able to make my hair look good!

I agree debs. Nothing else she can do. I think the stress of it got to her by the time Lee got up there. At any rate, JB could have insisted on that gag order and she would not feel she had to be stone faced b/c of cameras. Not feeling sorry for KC, just saying.

I noticed that she showed the court respect this time. She still seemed to try to skirt certain questions and give answers that I'm sure she felt would help KC, until LDB nudged her in the right direction. Her saying today that she couldn't remember and couldn't recall was a far cry from the glaring, yelling, defiant woman who gave Mr. Morgan page and line number to the discovery in her "other" depo. JMO

I'll bet that Conway had a long talk with Cindy about her behavior in this judge's courtroom. Cindy has also been to enough hearings with this judge to see that he isn't one to put up with a bunch of nonesense. She probably researched him when he took over the case. It is about time that she conducted herself like a lady on the stand instead of like a real you know what.

The hearing is re- playing on Insession right now if anyone missed it.

My panties are so twisted I can't see straight! I only got to see up till 3pm when TruTv cut off coverage! I thought FOR SURE they would extend coverage today! I MISSED everything!

So please, someone just post the highlights, and anything we learned today that we didn't already know.

I've read all of the news reports..........but ya know how the media always seems to miss important stuff

You aren't the only one who has twisted panties! They do that all of the time and it really ticks me off. Right in the middle of testimony and it is "goodbye and we'll see you tomorrow!. I can't even find an email address for TruTV to email them and give them a piece of my mind,

When they ended the court part of their day yesterday it was said that someone was going to show the whole hearing today. I'm turning the tv on at 9:OO when they start here and they darn well better show that whole hearng!

You aren't the only one who has twisted panties! They do that all of the time and it really ticks me off. Right in the middle of testimony and it is "goodbye and we'll see you tomorrow!. I can't even find an email address for TruTV to email them and give them a piece of my mind,

When they ended the court part of their day yesterday it was said that someone was going to show the whole hearing today. I'm turning the tv on at 9:OO when they start here and they darn well better show that whole hearng!

CNN was just as bad. They switched to coverage of the Gulf Oil spill right after the final recess. Just when Judge Perry was going to announce his decision they discontinued coverage! At least CNN lets you watch without some commentator who knows very little about the case interrupting constantly..:banghead:

<<<<snipped article for purpose>>>>>

Then, in an interview with Vieira, Anthony family attorney Brad Conway said Cindy is doing better today after being anxious about testifying yesterday. Conway said it is Cindy’s “hope, that’s her wish” that Caylee is alive and “until she is ready to relinquish that it’s going to stay in her mind.”
Conway said the family remains 100 percent behind Casey. “Love for a family member is not likely to change,” Conway said. “They are a close family. They love each other, and regardless of what happens in this criminal trial, that will always stay the same.”

Conway predicted that the 911 calls will help the prosecution. He said that unemotionally.

Just remember: Cindy’s anxiety, Lee’s mouthings, Casey’s tears and family love aren’t the issue. Justice is. And an important ruling on that point was made yesterday.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...nthony-the-emotion-often-trumps-the-news.html

in reference to the bolded part of article:

That is truly pathetic for CA, IMO...this will make her go insane if she doesn't come to terms with Caylee being deceased. I truly think she needs huge doses of mental health to help her deal with Caylee's death and the probability it was at the hands of her own daughter. Her attorney should make a strong suggestion that she does get mental health therapy for when trial rolls around, the gory details of Caylee's death will be much more than she can handle. I think she's setting herself up to be institutionalized, unless she takes that drastic step to get help....JMHO

I feel for what they have to endure even as I don't agree with their methods or how they choose to testify. I'm sure guilt eats at CA more each day...ICA is responsible for her own actions and behaviors but remember, this family is all about appearances, CA can't appear to have raised such an evil child! JMHO

The evidence will not lie, the evidence will tell it true...as CA has stated many times, she doesn't know how Caylee died, will knowing the gory details help her come around to the probability that it was her daughter and the various reasons why??? I think it will be her defining moment when that guilty verdict is reached. Even as CA testified, ICA's hatred showed. She feverishly scribbled things that CA conveniently forgot but has stuck in ICA's mind, that you can bank on...hatred runs deep...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I must be the only one who kinda thinks Cindy is just a control freak with a personality disorder that finally had nowhere to run and no story to "spin" and surrendered to the reality that she wasn't going to get away with her usual crap. Her comment about thinking Caylee is still alive is her being crafty in some way. She is manipulating so that she looks sympathetic. In my opinion she brought this all on herself and she is now having to sleep in the bed she maketh. I have a really hard time finding compassion under the totality of the circumstances.

Why in the world would she come to a hearing that she is going to testify at with her hair straggling, no makeup, and dressed like she ws! Cindy usually looks very put together. She has nice clothes that she always wore. Her hair had always been fixed. I agree with you. It's to much of an extreme

I'm glad that she decided to be honest...as far as she was willing to go...but I don't think she had a choice. I think she is very aware that this judge and the Pros wouldn't put up with any nonesense. It's hard for me to feel much of anything for Cindy. Up until the hearing she hadn't given Caylee a thought. No standing by Caylee. Her behavior has been horrible, etc. etc.

Why in the world would she come to a hearing that she is going to testify at with her hair straggling, no makeup, and dressed like she ws! Cindy usually looks very put together. She has nice clothes that she always wore. Her hair had always been fixed. I agree with you. It's to much of an extreme

I'm glad that she decided to be honest...as far as she was willing to go...but I don't think she had a choice. I think she is very aware that this judge and the Pros wouldn't put up with any nonesense. It's hard for me to feel much of anything for Cindy. Up until the hearing she hadn't given Caylee a thought. No standing by Caylee. Her behavior has been horrible, etc. etc.

Had her own words not been presented to her she would have lied all the way through without hesitation.

Seems to me that she left off lots of the make up, hair styling and all the jewelery for her testimony......I think she wanted to look as a grieving GM and not appear she was giving damning testimony.....but she was....no other way to say it and it was damning....too bad her daughter could not even give her a decent look during it....talk about daggers,lol,IMO

Hello WS :)

I was posting during the hearing. Cindy threw AH under the bus every chance she got! Cindy still lied, and only told the truth when she was forced. Cindy lied on AH so bad! Cindy couldn't remember any details regarding her or Casey the day she got AH to take her to TL apt, but she remembered AH knew just where the apt was, and how to get inside, and "right where the door was" but Cindy, Cindy didn't go inside TL apt. She stayed outside.

And, Cindy doesn't think, know or remember if she spoke to AH about the car, or the smell or the Caylee missing and the not knowing where Casey was...

I'm sorry I don't have a better thought out post about this, I signed off after the hearing because I was left feeling so yucky after hearing Cindy and Lee.

So yucky.

They're always laughing, Lee on the stand, Cindy after her time on the stand...I wonder what's so darn funny? :furious:

:twocents:

I'm sure this is not unique to me, but when I see Casey staring at Cindy while testifying I so wish I could get into Casey's head. The way her eyes change from angry daggers to outright fear is just amazing.

I seesaw on feeling tremendous sympathy for Cindy and being completely angry with her. She's also in a spot I hope never to find myself in. Never have I struggled with emotions on a case, till this one.

Justice for Caylee.

in re-watching the videos from yesterday.....I just noticed that when Cindy states she still believes that Caylee is alive, the camera goes onto ICA and she is visibly upset and sniffles, possible tear, doesn't wipe her eyes or anything, but, she is tearing up and sniffles, why is that....any ideas? Why does ICA get so upset hearing her mother make this statement????????? hmmmmmm......just wondering???????

The lovely thing is that if we know it, the state knows it, too-and they can remind CA with her own words (like they did yesterday) or video.

Now that CA knows for sure that they will confront her with her own words (she got very angry at John Morgan for this), she will have to walk a more narrow path at trial. I don't think it's lost on her that Judge P will not put up with garbage, I don't think it was lost on her yesterday that even the defense does not want her offering information that they did not ask for.

I can't help but think this could be a relief for CA in a way. When she tesitifies, she will have no choice but to tell it like it is, and therefore she can feel blameless for what happens to KC. Remember the phone call to the house that KC made, where CA tells KC that she basically had no choice but to tell the media that KC could have been involved, because KC left her no choice by continualy lying. CA did love Caylee, and if she can hide behind being forced to tell the truth, she may well get some justice for Caylee after all. Not to say that she is calculating this up front, but we have seen her take the escape hatch before-she could do it again.

BBM
But, remember that CA threw in a loophole yesterday by saying that the FBI depos were not accurate and that paragraphs were missing! I think that will come up in trial when CA tries to squirm around the truth!
CA does love Caylee-but I don't think she wants to live with the idea that anything she did contributed to Caylee's death. I think, in many ways, this is more about CA being able to live with herself with a clear conscious than actually getting KC off. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz