Civil Suit Hearing Tues., 1/6/09 Judge Reprimands Defense Team

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The thing that drives me nuts about this ZG suit is KC was very clear and concise in her description of "the nanny" right down to her hyphenated middle name. A name that this ZG does not share. Open and closed.

Yes, she does.

I thought I was the only "perv" out there who laughed at the term "daisy chain"! Too funny!

Such a burn on the defense team! Go Judge. That is what you get for opening your mouth and now counter-suing them back! It's like the PI saying " I have a tape of the area" without thinking it through and saying, "Hmmm, if I tell them this they might want to know why I there in the first place." DUH!

I am not a lawyer nor a lawyer spokesperson or a PI and I seem to be able to think it through better than these guys.

I thought I was the only "perv" out there who laughed at the term "daisy chain"! Too funny!

Such a burn on the defense team! Go Judge. That is what you get for opening your mouth and now counter-suing them back! It's like the PI saying " I have a tape of the area" without thinking it through and saying, "Hmmm, if I tell them this they might want to know why I there in the first place." DUH!

I am not a lawyer nor a lawyer spokesperson or a PI and I seem to be able to think it through better than these guys.

Some lawyers are just fodder for lawyer jokes. :)

What a disgraceful thing to say about a fellow lawyer. I'm glad the Judge made the comments he did. It's about time someone put JB back in his place. JB is going to have a hard time continuing to practise in Orlando if he treats his fellow members of the Bar like that.

So, he wrote, "You mother wears army boots" RIGHT into the suit? He needs to be smacked, for that.

I wouldn't count on getting a lot of referrals from colleagues...

I'm referring to legal pages I've read right here on WS. This will not be ZG's first time going before a judge. I'm sorry I don't know how to pull them up but it was cases here in OC I believe, over several years.

Pls note: I'm not implying anything about ZG by posting this, everything we saw was legally obtained public documents. They clearly showed she has a middle initial and it isn't F.

I know and I think it's significant to the case.

So, he wrote, "You mother wears army boots" RIGHT into the suit? He needs to be smacked, for that.

I wouldn't count on getting a lot of referrals from colleagues...

If you remember he also was upset that Dr. G was the ME and being that she is a "tv star" and all.....

YOu would THINK that Baez would know how to file a motion by now. But then, I'm not sure that he is even a legit lawyer. He sure doesn't seem to have a clue WHAT he is doing.

Oyez, oyez! Court is in session . All ye who have business, draw nigh, and ye shall be heard!

First order of business-- scolding JB.

Doesn't that seem to happen EVERY time he steps into a courtroom?

<snipped>
Which brings up another argument that Judge Rodriguez will have to settle. &#8220;She filed a counter claim back against our client against Ms. Gonzalez. She can't under oath do that and use the 5th amendment. It&#8217;s called sword and shield. You cannot use shield of the 5th amendment and use the sword in civil litigation when you're bringing an action yourself,&#8221; said Mitnik.

Judge Rodriguez will hear from Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez's attorney and Casey Anthony's in his courtroom at 11:00 a.m. Thursday.

As things stand now Casey Anthony is scheduled for depositions with Gonzalez's attorney Monday at 10 a.m.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

If you remember he also was upset that Dr. G was the ME and being that she is a "tv star" and all.....

Yep, and then there is Dr. Lee. .......

<snipped>
Which brings up another argument that Judge Rodriguez will have to settle. “She filed a counter claim back against our client against Ms. Gonzalez. She can't under oath do that and use the 5th amendment. It’s called sword and shield. You cannot use shield of the 5th amendment and use the sword in civil litigation when you're bringing an action yourself,” said Mitnik.

Judge Rodriguez will hear from Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez's attorney and Casey Anthony's in his courtroom at 11:00 a.m. Thursday.

As things stand now Casey Anthony is scheduled for depositions with Gonzalez's attorney Monday at 10 a.m.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Oh, dear!:eek:

Maybe JB could use some torte classes?

Slightly O/T--Do you all know what a "Daisy Chain" really is?

I can't believe everyone keeps using this highly sexual terminology.

Including LP...and fellow WS'ers

From Merriam-Webster

Main Entry: daisy–chain
Function: transitive verb
Date: 1955
: to link (as computer components) together in series

The Urban Dictionary has the definition you're thinking of.;)

I'll go with the MW definition seeing as that it's been around a lot longer than the UD and I don't see Leonard as a particularly hip guy.

Sometimes a cigar really is JUST A CIGAR. I wish people would stop reinventing english.

Is there no word left that hasn't been hijacked by pop culture?

;) Origammi, your avatar fits right in with the conversation...

I know and I think it's significant to the case.

Sometimes women tend to keep their first married name's initial, and then second and so fourth. So, it could be that Yes at one time she was just Z.G. But, after marriage or other she added the initials. But she didn't just add them when Casey accused her of kidnapping Caylee, she was already using Z.F.G. As for what ever happen in her past it shouldn't really matter in this case unless she killed someone or kidnapped someone. Just a thought.

<snipped>
Which brings up another argument that Judge Rodriguez will have to settle. “She filed a counter claim back against our client against Ms. Gonzalez. She can't under oath do that and use the 5th amendment. It’s called sword and shield. You cannot use shield of the 5th amendment and use the sword in civil litigation when you're bringing an action yourself,” said Mitnik.

This question has been asked over a dozen times here on WS and with varied responses. Because it was posed again today I felt it worthy of a bump to emphasize the claim Mitnik is making... that Casey can't invoke her 5th amendment right because she has filed a counter suit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back