Closing Arguments- thread #171

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from having an MRI. Serious pain here, but still trying to decide if I can take pain meds and still comprehend the closing statements.

Hey, wait and take those pain meds when the DT is up for closing - that's the only way what they say will make any sense is under the influence.

Seriously though - feel better soon!

Mormon Atty- can't find your last post about this jury deliberating the DP, but wanted to respond directly to you. Sending you a sincere thanks for your always thoughtful, reasoned, compassionate posts, your thoughts about how difficult it will be for this jury just the latest occasion.

Your example has helped me try to walk in someone else' shoes more than once this trial, to see perspectives that I wouldn't have otherwise. Really big thanks for being here.

HLN reported last pm each side gets 5 hour limit for closing

HLN reports Nurmi doing closing

oh good gravy. How many times is he gonna bring up sex during that 5 hours. because he is gonna take 5 hours. I mean really???

I have a migraine today and am stuck in bed watching the trial. I feel just terrible for my family who will be completely ignored today. True story.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial
Prosecution just came out of chambers. Still haven't had a chance to see Nurmi or Willmott yet it's been so hectic.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial
Nurmi just came in with a wrinkled light tan suit and blue shirt, blue tie combo.

jose miguel ‏@reporterjmiguel 1m

Alexander family & #jodiarias just came out from chambers. Waiting on judge and jury..spectators still not allowed in

Can't believe the seal is still up... I was waiting to take my lunch break until I seen some activity. I'm starving!

I see a lot of differences between this and the CA trial. Tons. But, to your point, I do believe the juror questions have helped us to see the jury. Whether we think the questions have been pro prosecution or pro defense, they have all been thoughtful and show careful consideration of testimony and evidence. Having worked as jury coordinator on death penalty cases, that, to me, is the sign of an excellent jury. In fact, that's all I could ask for in this case. Give me a jury that will carefully deliberate, pay attention to even the minute evidence, and seriously consider all options. I am never afraid of a jury that will consider all evidence. I am scared to death of one that will only consider one side.

And, just to add, my experience is that even on a death penalty qualified jury, it is very very sobering for a jury to know that their decision could end someone's life. It is one thing to be part of the crowd on WS calling for the death penalty. But, it is entirely different to be one of the 12 who makes it happen, knowing if you held out, the person wouldn't die. For a person of conscience, that is VERY difficult no matter what you believe about guilt and the death penalty. This jury will have to be very courageous to do what the evidence demands from them, no matter how tough it is.

Personally, on facebook, I saw a post from Travis' sister asking us to pray and fast for the jury on Sunday, before the case will likely be presented to them. I will be joining her for the jury's wisdom, courage, and strength in a very difficult case - even with so much overwhelming evidence. Your average person with conscience would have a very difficult time in deliberations, no matter how obvious the evidence seems. It is just such a sad, heartbreaking case with no true winners. Only justice.

This is not to say that I don't think the jury will do what they have to do. I believe this jury is the kind (from the questions) of jury that is needed for this case. Just from my own experience working with jurors, my heart goes out to them. I know they do not take this lightly. And, I know how heartwrenching it will be for them if they ultimately do have to render a DP verdict. (Writing that, I want to note, I absolutely believe in JA's tremendous guilt. I am only speaking to how tough it is to be part of a death penalty jury where the evidence will likely require very substantial consideration of the death penalty - not easy for any one of the 12).

I believe that Travis has the best prosecutor and the type of jury that justice demands. Praying for justice and praying for those who have to render it.

Thank you for this. I love reading everything you post. This was very calming, comforting

I'll watch Nurmi on HLN since they are just as slow moving.

Jolly ranchers fruit and sour for me and Im afraid to weigh myself lol

I have you to blame for that then...I couldn't for the life of me remember who brought those up!

Did I tell you I bought a case of them? LMAO!

Over 800 people gathered here in one accord...Justice for Travis!
I know that some may not be "believers" but for those that are...please say a prayer for this jury...they have a monumental task ahead of them. Please pray the Holy Spirit will guide them as they consider the evidence and render a verdict.

Lord Jesus,
We come to you in one accord asking for justice to be served for your humble servant Travis. Although he succumbed to temptation and stumbled, we know that he loved you and lived for you. We pray that Your Holy Spirit will lead, guide, and direct this jury to render a verdict that you approve of.
Please comfort and strengthen Travis' family and surround them with love and compassion. Please direct Juan in his closing arguments, let his words be Your words.
We thank you Lord for hearing the prayers of your people.

In Jesus name,
Amen
What a sweet, loving prayer. I am a Believer too. God is in control.

Betting there will be about a gazillion jury instructions. Sigh :(

Tapping my fingers...anxiously waiting for court to begin.

I don't know why but I am nervous :scared::panic::pullhair:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member