Closing Arguments- thread #171

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this Judge's reading ability - the tone, the speed, enunciation.

I like it ALL!

I really need to say this.

I listened to Dr. G's testimony this morning.

After noticing the extreme difference in answering the prosecutions questions and defenses, I think he may be the most reprehensible witness the defense used. As I listened to the testimony carefully, I realized that his whole affect is a sham. I believe he purposely spilled his water twice and burped. I think he uses a really likable, humble, non-threatening demeanor, to disarm the jury and create the "likeability" factor. Dr. D. was ultra professional, and did not try to ingratiate herself with the jury at all.

I came to this conclusion because though the bumbling Dr. appeared charming and quaint, all his cross testimony left me confused. That is crazy making behavior. If I am not drunk, high, or crazy, there is no reason why I should have a problem understanding his answers. I had no trouble at all understanding Dr. D's testimony for either defense or prosecution. I had no trouble understanding Dr. G's testimony on direct (though silly at times). When someone is able to create that dissonance in someone (intelligible, unintelligible) they are attempting to confuse. He disarms with his personality.

BBM. That's what JW did for me. Her stuff consistently makes no sense whatsoever. :facepalm:

:blushing:

This is really cool - I lit a candle and left a msg under the group WS. Thanks so much for this post - it is just like saying a prayer - the candle stays lit for the next 48 hours. Please, everyone join us!!

TXJan1971 Thanks for the candle site. Everyone here needs to light one now.

The first thing Vince Bugliosi does for a trial is write his closing. It becomes his outline for everything he needs to prove.

I bet Juan does the same thing

I know we've already had prayers but I have to say, PLEASE, GOD, be with the jurors. Be with Juan. Be with Travis's family. Guide them all in the right direction.

I feel like I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. I can't imagine how they all must feel.

Jurors must consider the reasons given for the opinion given by expert witnesses. So... "I hate all men, everywhere" should not count. LOL.

Big hugs -- we're all in this together. And we've all invested a lot in this case, our personal lives, our families. All for justice for Travis.

He is not alone today! I have faith!!

Hugs,

Mel

The Thanks button was not enough for this post!!

:praying: :grouphug:

Charged with both felony and premeditated murder.

Why are jury instructions being read before closing arguments? I must be a novice trial watcher.

JA is acting like she is reading these instructions for the first time.

Maybe she should've reviewed the likely instructions before her trial started and taken them into consideration when preparing her strategy and testimony.

She knew she would cause his death when she slashed his throat, stabbed him, then shot him, whichever order it was in. She deliberately over killed him. I pray that the jury uses every molecule of common sense they have. Please jury bring justice to Travis

looks like the DT got in 2nd degree murder.

How long before JW makes her first objection during Mr. Martinez's closing ....I don't give her two minutes.

I read upthread that JW must keep her pie hole shut because Nurmi is providing the closing arguement.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member