Closing Arguments- thread #172

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't Nurmi be stopped from making these baseless objections? He's only doing it to break the flow.

Tomorrow is going to blow...very heavy and very l-o-n-g...zzzzz. Too bad there is nothing he can say that will make JA look like anything but a cold blooded Killer.

I'm back!!!!!! And watching from home!!!

Did I miss anything amazing???

JSR, you HAVE to see every single minute of Juan's closing argument. Every single word of it. I'm sure there will be a billion youtube links.

Best closing argument I have EVER heard. And every word without a single note! The man is a genius! Compelling, masterful and, at times, bone chilling! He even brought out things I had not thought of.

fwiw, I don't have a single bit of mascara left on my eyes.

I'm watching this on HLN, so I suppose I'm behind. But can someone tell me why Juan keeps referring to this as a supposed heat of passion event? Why hasn't he said self-defense? Self-defense is what DT claimed so why no reference to it?? I'm confused :(

The defense has changed their strategy from self defense and in the closing they are probably going to try and go with 'heat of passion' killing and hope for manslaughter. They just got the lesser included charges, so Juan has to address that.

I think Nurmi is having a hard time reconciling which side he is on. He looks completely in awe of Juan Martinez and seems like at times he has to remind himself that his ship is sinking.

Then again... I guess even the rats jump overboard when the ship starts taking on water...

Whoops there it is.....the OJ moment to remember per Juan!!!!

"She Said It....and She is Wedded To It !!!!"

"You could be charitable and say it doesn't make sense, I'm not asking you to be charitable. It's an absolute lie." ---JM LOVE IT!

wowww...the stabbing consent thing....wow...

she remained unlawfully...

Anybody watching Jenny's body language? Look how her shoulders and back are turned toward Jodi now.

****! I just understood the felony murder charge. But can't they say she was hiding the gun and not stealing it or doesn't it matter?

Since it quickly ended in his murder, it is assumed she had no permission to be there (while murdering him) or to use his stuff (because she's murdering him with it). It's because of the murder part that the understood permissions get really tough, lol. I'm so glad we have that law.

Nurmi laughed when JM was talking about what was TA going to do, run out of the house naked. Then he wiped the smirk off his face. loved it

Juan --- " she could have just left. Not the circuitous route thru the closet. The guy was NUDE ... he wasn't gonna chase her outside."

Nurmi actually laughed when Juan mentioned Travis was nude.
What class. (not)

Any nakedness discussion,or sex talk, Nurmi gets all giddy.

Tomorrow is going to blow...very heavy and very l-o-n-g...zzzzz. Too bad there is nothing he can say that will make JA look like anything but a cold blooded Killer.

I think I will skip tomorrow. I can't even listen to him anymore.

I'm watching this on HLN, so I suppose I'm behind. But can someone tell me why Juan keeps referring to this as a supposed heat of passion event? Why hasn't he said self-defense? Self-defense is what DT claimed so why no reference to it?? I'm confused :(
I'm guessing because I haven't seen a ruling but I know the defense was filing motions last week...one of which was to argue heat of passion. Juan's basically putting up a catcher's mitt for their spaghetti defense. No 2nd degree, no manslaughter, just felony and premeditated first degree murder.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though please.

I hope he goes back to murder 1 after all this .. oh he will it's JUAN :)

wilmott is still acting sneaky and passing notes with arias. I know she is her attorney but her behavior is disgusting to me. save it for the RECESS.

Is it just me, or does it seem that Willmott needs the stun belt more than JA? She's taking this so personally from the look on her face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove