Closing arguments- thread #173

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to think of the SUPER HERO JUAN reminded me of and immulated in this closing argument. The best one I could come up with was ZORRO. HE TOOK HIS SWORD AND SLICED AND DICED ALL OF JODI"S AND DEFENSE TEAMS LIES. I could see him Leaping onto the Defense table Pointint the sword tip at Jodi. HE did a great job today.

I loved the Prosecutor in Melanie Mcguire trial closing too To the point and showed premeditation!!!

Dan Freeman, the one who I personally do not like. The one who has been visiting Jodi for years. He he is on HLN telling his story all over again. :mad: Proclaiming he is a Very Dear Friend of Travis and didn't know that Jodi had really done it. You see he doesn't follow the news he doesn't have a TV.

MOO

Dan is not an honest person and no true friend of Travis. "A close friend of Travis" doesn't have an clue that Jodi may have killed him?

MOO

You need to see the progression of that situation:

Dan's brother committed suicide on the day of JA's arrest. His brother had been fighting feelings about being molested as a child and had felt that they were to powerful for him to deal with for the past year and decided death was the only way to prevent him from becoming a predator also. It was quite a tragedy.

Dan was totally unaware of JA's change in her defense until AFTER he had been roped in as a Defense witness. That precluded Dan from hearing/watching/talking about anything about the trial. He had NO idea that JA was using the defense that she finally used. Notice how it (the alleged pedophilia) has a strong semblance to Dan's brother's own story?

DF is a good guy who just became another victim of JA, but only for a while.
My heart breaks for him and his family. I'm sure in the beginning, he thought he was doing the right thing, but when he got on the stand, he KNEW something was up with the defense's questions and was later quoted as saying he "realized I was there for the Prosecution".

It takes a lot for a person to say they were wrong, and DF has done that, both privately and publicly. He gets my respect. JMO.

There was a thread that it was mentioned on, about a week ago about this, can't remember where it was.

If the DF tries to pull a fast one regarding the gas cans, I suppose Juan will object and the judge will tell the jury to refer to the testimony.

On our side is the fact that the state gets one more say. Juan will clean it all up and tie it up in a nice lil package with a purdy blue bow.

do you think pergury, because she lied about the previous cases she DIDN'T testify on? I loved it when JM called ALV a liar today.

I don't have a clue .. I think it's got more to do with the way she acted on the stand ..

Jodi Arias Trial - TIME OUT FOR ALYCE - YouTube

My thinking is that things got way heated and she called Juan a 'jerk' or something .. remember that motion about prosecutial misconduct and how JSS said something along the lines of 'the prosecutor was justified' in her ruling? I think he tore strips off her .. I can't wait to read it one day :)

If the DF tries to pull a fast one regarding the gas cans, I suppose Juan will object and the judge will tell the jury to refer to the testimony.

I have made a promise to myself to NOT watch the DT tomorrow. I will watch every second of JM, though. I will check in here when I get home to see if the DT is done...and also rely on your wonderful posts about what tricks they're trying or tried to pull. They can't introduce anything new. Evidence days are OVER. :)
But I know me and what they're going to try will make me loony... It's best to leave the wonderful thoughts I have about JM right where they are and not dirty them up.
Today was incredible!

If there's one witness the jury won't forget, it's the Tesoro IT lady who left no doubt that the receipts in SLC showed Jodi filled up her car + 15 gal more of gasoline. If there wasn't a third can, where did the extra 5 gal. of gas go?

He did not have any papers as reference! Juan is Travis' voice and we, and especially the Alexander family are so lucky to have him. :heartbeat: His passion is out of this universe. :heartbeat:

Justice is coming Travis!

I get the shivers just thinking about it.

I finally got through it all. The manner in which Juan so passionately wove the facts and the evidence of this case into one neat, nonsensical package and presented it all to this jury was masterful. I was completely mesmerized. He was like a gifted artist at work. A man of honor and a true hero, imo. I just love him.

As I sit and watch my son's hair start to fall out (from chemo) I know without doubt I would trade places with him
He is my son.

Travis was a son, grandson, brother, and friend. How dare this B*^ch take that away.

Nothing but the DP is going to satisfy me. Nothing.

Dear Rosemary:

Sending thoughts of love, support and most of all beating cancer for your son.

((()))

wildabeast migration: Juan also brilliantly pointed out that the herd of wildabeasts did not go anywhere else in the bedroom or down the stairs (maybe nurmi will say they evaporated and will put on another scientist to prove this)

Badabing! Yes, that's what Nurmi is going to say. Good Lord.

Then he should have brought on a Walmart employee yesterday during sur-rebutal but didn't. :drumroll:

Everybody knows, one can e mail photos and videos. I do it all the time. Travis did not want any photos from her, he likely already tore up the remnants of her and we know he never wanted her photos on his public profiles like MySpace, etc. in the first place, let alone now that he wants to propose marriage soon to Mimi. That nonsense Jodi told, was just more lies. She WISHES Travis wanted those photos. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I wish the cows would come home.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

From the list of things she supposedly had in that purse , sounds like MacGiver would have been proud.

Or she could have posted them on MySpace or FB

Hi all, AFAIK it will be JW doing the closing tomorrow, not KN. I think they realize that the jury might be more receptive to JW than Nurmi, because I have noticed that peoples' eyes glaze over when KN talks. Also, they think the jury might be more receptive to a woman, and the DT will try to pull out all the stops for 'sympathy'. Personally, I HOPE it is KN doing the closing tomorrow, because I have a feeling the jurors have not warmed up to him. Hope these words are allowed, mods. If not, please delete them or modify them. This is my opinion ONLY and just a hunch. I may be wrong.

The attorney doing the objecting during closing is the one who is going to do the defense closing. Nurmi is it.

Non-scientific poll

I want to know who plans on watching the defense closing?

Like this post if you ARE NOT going to watch.

I posted another comment above, like that post if you ARE going to watch.

Only like one. I will send a local hoard of skateboarders with screwdrivers after you if you like both posts!

The Following 30 Users WANT to maintain some level of sanity:
angela, BeachGirlFromPA, biggirl, BMoody, celticthyme, especiallyheather, Frigga, jane the dood, JMS2013, Kamille, Lorelilly, MagicRose99, momrids6, Mormon Attorney, Mr.Midnight, Ms.Heather, MyTinkieGirl, nursebeeme, PMLsmom, PPKik, sammie, sassy_texasbelle2, scorpio24, snowcat, Sophieandme, Steft50, Tipstaff, Tulessa, Turtles, wing560

I don't think I can stomach nurmis droning. And nothing I can do is going to change the outcome so I think I may just watch what makes me not scream.

AlV lied about men she defended and Juan called her out on it today...

what was in camera we do not know.. but he was able to say she lied so he knows something that we do not

Since Juan went all over the place ... that be hard to find. But it would be a good re-watch. :rocker:

Sorry, couldn't help. :seeya:

I clearly remember JA saying that she brought the CDs with her. She said that it was her fault, according to TA, that they were scratched, because she had had them all that time and didn't take good care of them. She brought them. That's what she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member