Closing arguments- thread #173

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure she did too, but Nurmi definitely objected to mischaracterisation of her testimony.
Will be more than interesting to see how the DT spin their closing argument. This issue especially.

I can't believe Nurmi is still trying to explain this away. Just concede. If he's smart he'll not even mention it because Jodi absolutely said it went back to the same store and Juan will point that out. She was very clear about that.

Iirc, she said the briefcase was in the car and she went out to get it and that she had it with her b/c of the ppl meeting she was going to (although I may have inferred the last part). I'm not in the everything she says is a lie camp (not saying you are, just explaining my thought process) and that particular statement doesn't strike me as incredible. Probably because I personally have a cd with pics from a trip that got ruined because I carried it around in my laptop bag for so long. So that particular item is a wash for me in terms of the overall story. jmo

I'm not in the everything-she-says-is-a-lie camp either. I didn't find the statement incredible either, but it's also hard to take anything at face value just because she has lied so much and IMO has lied about things that she doesn't need to lie about (like the gas can return, for example). I also assumed there would be some follow-up testimony about the briefcase and where it was and when she pulled out the CD's. I don't remember her saying the briefcase was in her car or that she went out to the car to retrieve the CD's but it's possible I missed that part.

I agree that this particular issue would be inconsequential except that it does tend to show premeditation. Jodi saying that the CD's were in this briefcase and that she carried them around with her seems to be an attempt to counter the premeditation - and anything that Jodi says that benefits her, I do not assume that it's true even if it is plausible.

:floorlaugh: .... :facepalm: I just don't see her as a hooker, at least not yet.

I can see her as a hooker, I don't put anything past anyone. But I do think it best to have some basis in fact before throwing that kind of thing out there.

When Prosecutor Martinez continues his closing statement after the first brief break - Does anyone see Arias' hand gesture? Below is JM's closing with the time of Arias hand gesture being shown in red. I hope that someone is able to find this image - I wish I knew how to post screen caps/images.

Lorelily and dhunter - I agree with both of you. Arias cannot be smiling, giggling, thinking of coy comments for her twitter page - and be truthfully overwhelmed with grief. I think that she should be overwhelmed with grief - at the minimum I would think that she would want to give a convincing performance that she has grief, sorrow, remorse during her trial - the fact that Arias believes that her defiance is "okay" is extremely worrisome. This is the time of her life to be on her best behavior - to show her best behavior - to be extra careful & mindful not to have any slip ups, or, mistakes.

Arias lacks so much - her crime is abhorrent. Her courtroom behavior makes me angry, nauseated, disgusted, and even confused.

"The defendant had made her way to Pasadena along with her will her to kill in the evening of June 3rd of 2008. She stopped at the starbucks and after stopping at the starbucks or part of the stop she decided to fill up and we know that she had the three gallons or the three gas cans at that point based on the receipts that are before you. And the reason that she had those gas cans filled is that now she was prepared to make it all the way through Arizona without having to stop for gasoline. And she on direct testimony and part of cross examination indicated that the car for whatever reason had a bad engine for lack of a better term. It kept using gas so much trying to manipulate you into thinking that she stopped at a number of places and used all the gas in the gas cans. But there are no records or any other corroborative evidence that indicate that she stopped anywhere here in the state of Arizona for gasoline. Her plan, if you will, was working well at that point. She wanted to kill him. ***Arias Brings Up Right Hand To Her Forehead With Middle Finger Pronounced *** There was no way that anybody would have been able to say that she was even in the state of Arizona because the defense would have been, "well I would have had to stop for gas and there was no indication anywhere and there is no indication anywhere that she stopped for gas in the state of Arizona."

There is no there, there. She has no soul, she has no conscience and she has no empathy. Therefore she is a zero and all she does is fake, fake, fake. Excellent run down on her evilness Thurston. Justice is almost here.

Heck yes! More than troubled--I am pi$$ed off! Her phony cry act makes me want to vomit! There are no tears. She has no shame. The cry is a lie. Her helpless boo hoo damsel in distress battered princess con is a cover for the demon in disguise. Yep every time I see her start this phony emo BS I wonder how in hades TA's family can keep their composure. They all deserve sainthood for their self control and grace, given the rotten human form of foulness they've had to endure.

Is anyone else deeply troubled when Arias fake cries?

Arias' long fingers covering her face as she postures her face in contrived grief stricken poses - at times allowing the court to see her take deep breaths associated with sobbing - is, at best, Arias' reproduction of a person breaking down due to a heavy sorrow, mourning, and heart ache.

Arias' courtroom tears - almost five years after she murdered Travis Alexander are as original / genuine as her original / genuine carbon copy artwork.

Arias' courtroom demeanor - the laughing, the faces of disgust, her phony weeping is illustrates just how incongruous Arias is. In court - almost five years after she slaughtered Travis Alexander - Arias conducts herself aberrant with no respect to The State of Arizona - void of empathy to Travis Alexander's family - indifferent to slaughtering a human being (her victim Travis Alexander).

Arias' courtroom tears - especially during The Prosecutor's Closing are unbecoming. Especially when she shows her irritation at The State - when she is able to make faces of being agitated and perturbed. Arias phony tears shows that she has nerve.

I do not know why Arias' pretending to weep troubles me deeply - I would think that a person that slaughtered another human being would not have "room" in their emotional state to giggle and behave exacerbated when on trial for their life for slaughtering another human being. Arias expresses herself on twitter - she finds the state of mind to insult the prosecutor. A person grief stricken - in a state of mourning - IMO would not have the state of mind to twitter, much less think of ways to insult a person that is doing their job.

Arias has to be attempting to replicate a person in mourning when her murder victim's pictures are shown in court - if Arias had real grief I do not believe that she could have the mindset to twitter insults.

Arias is defiant - I think that she gave The Prosecutor "the finger" early into his opening argument - she ran her long fingers across her forehead and eye but made sure her long middle finger was pronounced. If Arias was trying to show remorse - if Arias naturally had remorse - Arias would be mindful not to have any accidental giving "the finger" moments.

Arias courtroom behavior is so disturbing to me - even in this serious setting, Arias cannot control herself.

I wish that Arias never saw Travis Alexander - I'm sure that Arias noticed Travis Alexander first, and, at that moment Travis Alexander became Arias' prey.

This may be better to post on the sequence of events thread but I think I just figured out the shoe print thing. It always confused me because she had just socks on in that dreadful neck wound photo. I wondered when she had time to take off her shoes. But then I just thought of this. I bet she took her shoes off in Travis' bedroom, or closet, before she started taking the photos. Then after she killed Travis and started the clean up, she put her shoes on after her feet were clean, then walked through the scene to the end of the hallway, to avoid getting blood on her clean feet, then took them off at the end of the hallway and walked through the bedroom, down the stairs in her clean bare feet. Again, no fog or PTSD to do this.
Great job! I like how you think! Hmm, maybe I don't....that's really scary!!
J/K!!! :floorlaugh:

I can see her as a hooker, I don't put anything past anyone. But I do think it best to have some basis in fact before throwing that kind of thing out there.

In all seriousness if she was Flores would have found it and she wouldn't have been working as a waitress anywhere. I am not sure about roommates mom until we hear more if we do .. she sounded a bit 'excited' and that sent my hinky meter off a bit .. still .. I think now the trial is winding down a few people are coming out of the woodwork with their Jodi stories, it could get interesting :)

When Prosecutor Martinez continues his closing statement after the first brief break - Does anyone see Arias' hand gesture? Below is JM's closing with the time of Arias hand gesture being shown in red. I hope that someone is able to find this image - I wish I knew how to post screen caps/images.

Lorelily and dhunter - I agree with both of you. Arias cannot be smiling, giggling, thinking of coy comments for her twitter page - and be truthfully overwhelmed with grief. I think that she should be overwhelmed with grief - at the minimum I would think that she would want to give a convincing performance that she has grief, sorrow, remorse during her trial - the fact that Arias believes that her defiance is "okay" is extremely worrisome. This is the time of her life to be on her best behavior - to show her best behavior - to be extra careful & mindful not to have any slip ups, or, mistakes.

Arias lacks so much - her crime is abhorrent. Her courtroom behavior makes me angry, nauseated, disgusted, and even confused.

"The defendant had made her way to Pasadena along with her will her to kill in the evening of June 3rd of 2008. She stopped at the starbucks and after stopping at the starbucks or part of the stop she decided to fill up and we know that she had the three gallons or the three gas cans at that point based on the receipts that are before you. And the reason that she had those gas cans filled is that now she was prepared to make it all the way through Arizona without having to stop for gasoline. And she on direct testimony and part of cross examination indicated that the car for whatever reason had a bad engine for lack of a better term. It kept using gas so much trying to manipulate you into thinking that she stopped at a number of places and used all the gas in the gas cans. But there are no records or any other corroborative evidence that indicate that she stopped anywhere here in the state of Arizona for gasoline. Her plan, if you will, was working well at that point. She wanted to kill him. ***Arias Brings Up Right Hand To Her Forehead With Middle Finger Pronounced *** There was no way that anybody would have been able to say that she was even in the state of Arizona because the defense would have been, "well I would have had to stop for gas and there was no indication anywhere and there is no indication anywhere that she stopped for gas in the state of Arizona."
In the previous thread today, a poster posted the screen capture of that gesture.:seeya:

Jodie was arrested on her birthday.

No, the grand jury indicted her on July 9, 2008, her birthday.
She was arrested on July 15, 2008, same day Casey Anthony was.

I agree with that Callisto. Just yank JC and JVM off the air and give Beth her own show. The others are useless and very biased.
Huge Beth Karas fan too, but she's not a big-mouthed, sensationalistic over-talker, and I think that's what HLN wants in their PM hosts. JMO.

Every time JA shook her head to indicate "NO, that's not what happened!", I nod my head and say "YES, that IS what happened!"

When JM put up the nicey-nice photo of JA and Travis with friends at the Grand Canyon and she avidly looked at the photo, how many of you immediately thought she was thinking: "Wow, my (fake) *advertiser censored* look GREAT in that picture!"

How many times will Nurmi say "3 hole wonder" tomorrow?

Cuz that's all they've got.

Another delay tactic? I know he makes me feel ill...:facepalm:

:facepalm: Oh no, not more delays.

Come on, this poor family. Enough is enough. It's time for the Jury to get to get together and do this thing.

In all seriousness if she was Flores would have found it and she wouldn't have been working as a waitress anywhere. I am not sure about roommates mom until we hear more if we do .. she sounded a bit 'excited' and that sent my hinky meter off a bit .. still .. I think now the trial is winding down a few people are coming out of the woodwork with their Jodi stories, it could get interesting :)

I don't know, that woman grossed me out honestly. Why is she calling rather than her daughter who (according to her) actually lived with Jodi? Just another drunk looking for attention.

Maybe I should have made myself more clear. I was responding to what Dan was saying tonight on HLN. His excuses for seeing Jodi for years was that he was basically clueless. He had no idea because he does not own a TV or have the news.

Everyone who knew Travis and also knew Jodi, knew Jodi was the #1 suspect shortly after Travis was found. In fact after Dan spoke to her, she got on the phone with another friend, who was in shock and then called another friend. While on the 3 way phone call the one friend texts the other telling him that he is on the phone with the #1 suspect and they both got off the phone with Jodi quickly. It traveled fast but Dan uses the excuse that he didn't know all the while he was visiting her in Jail for years.

He is allowed to like Jodi and even side with her but in my opinion he is not allowed to do that and then back peddle like made while tooting his horn that he was a Very Close Friend to Travis. That's the part that bothers me most. MOO

It's interesting how not a peep has been heard from him except for in trial until Juan's closing arguments. Now he is ready to jump on TV, a news program and tell stories that don't make sense. MOO

Again "very close friends" of Travis knew what was going on with Jodi. It wouldn't take years.

MOO

You are 1000% right. All of Travis's friends immediately suspected JA. In fact, Mimi Hall said her name to the 911 operator! I kind of screwed up my face when I heard DF speaking. ALL of Travis's friends KNEW she did it the moment they heard he had been killed. DF hung onto JA for a long time. Feels very, very odd to me.

Every time JA shook her head to indicate "NO, that's not what happened!", I nod my head and say "YES, that IS what happened!"

When JM put up the nicey-nice photo of JA and Travis with friends at the Grand Canyon and she avidly looked at the photo, how many of you immediately thought she was thinking: "Wow, my (fake) *advertiser censored* look GREAT in that picture!"
She never once gave a "no" the whole time Juan narrated the murder scene chronology/sequence.

What the hell is this nonsense going on with HLN tonight?

ITA! At one point the look on Willmott's face was like..."DAYUM! She really DID plan to kill him!" I swear she looked like a lightbulb went on above her head!

Glad to hear a few of you also thought that! She really looked defeated in the afternoon. Well, that's understandable, LOL

She was so unprofessional in the first part, but she just looked resigned in the afternoon session. Then again, she'll probably get over that tonight and by tomorrow, will become the JW we've seen over the last few months. Gasp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV