Closing arguments- thread #173

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there the instructions somewhere online yet?

Is 2nd Degree in as a lesser charge? I missed this morning...

Yes, the jury was given instructions on Murder 2 and manslaughter. I just listened to the judge reading part of the instructions.

[video=youtube;2BA-MeyqIlw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BA-MeyqIlw[/video]

Men at all hours .. ooooooooh I actually thought that there WERE no other men! I actually didn't think Jodi was all that promiscuous. Colour me pink and call me a pony.

Ha ha. I thought she might have many. One of my first thoughts. Why were some of these men reluctant to testify or remained "friends" after their breakups?

Right, that's what she said, but it was a poor lie. She never mentioned having a briefcase with her at Travis' house.

Iirc, she said the briefcase was in the car and she went out to get it and that she had it with her b/c of the ppl meeting she was going to (although I may have inferred the last part). I'm not in the everything she says is a lie camp (not saying you are, just explaining my thought process) and that particular statement doesn't strike me as incredible. Probably because I personally have a cd with pics from a trip that got ruined because I carried it around in my laptop bag for so long. So that particular item is a wash for me in terms of the overall story. jmo

You'll have to listen for the both of us :) My doctor said that I should not let my ears bleed anymore..... :floorlaugh:

In the interest of ear cleaning, I your ENT physician remove your restriction from watching Mr. Nurmi's closing arguments tomorrow.

Dr. Knowitall

PS...follow up appointment with psychiatrist will be scheduled PDQ.

I have to say I'm somewhat looking forward to Nurmi's closing. I thought he was much more dynamic during his "keep your eye on the ball judge" argument than he was at any other point. Just in terms of his ability to deliver argument, I think you guys are selling him short.

Dynamic and Nurmi IMO don't belong on the same sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's kinda weird that there was a conference call and CH was boarding his plane to Cancun!

He texts (the guy on HLN, don't know his name), that Jodi is the #1 suspect.

If I found out my best friend died, i'd be on a plane, but not on one to Cancun. moo
I believe his name is Mike Hughes.

But, didn't she testify she went back to the same one. ty

I'm sure she did too, but Nurmi definitely objected to mischaracterisation of her testimony.
Will be more than interesting to see how the DT spin their closing argument. This issue especially.

I'll say it till I'm blue. If we think JA is scary, we don't know nuthin! I bet if we ever heard the real goings on with her, we'd be in a corner sucking our thumbs. In all honesty, my primary reason for wanting her convicted with the DP is for what she did to Travis. My secondary gain is to keep anyone from being her next victim. And if she ever walks this planet freely, there WILL be a next victim. I have a feeling she has her minions messing with people now. Dead serious. No personal contact or attacks but just messing with them.

More people may come out with stories after they are sure she will be put away for life so scary JA doesnt come after them.

Im thinking it was probably a nickname they had for Travis. T for Travis and "dog" in a good way. Some guys refer to other guys as like "Hey Dog" in a good way. I've heard it used before in a good way.

Oh it was a nickname ... I mean as far as texts go that one is a bit, well .. I just can't imagine getting a text like that about a friend.

And S-E-X... Law of Chastity. Gonna be brutal.

If he even does... Would JW have to do it if Nurmi can't?

And Juan has made it more difficult for Nurmi, IMO

After Juan laid it out so nicely for the jurors that Jodie won't let Travis be in peace (by continuing to trash his reputation - the only thing he had left)...they have gone home tonight and know that he's right.

For Nurmi to then come back the next day and start trashing Travis...I don't know that the jurors are going to appreciate that.

JMO, of course.

Well played, Juan...well played. A master. Love him!

My husband picks up newish slang and saves it for when he needs it. He yelled at my son walking out of wal mart *You G! Forshizzle!* My poor DS turned right around and started walking BACK into wal mart rather rapidly. My clan is alot of fun but we try our mest not to be loud and obnoxious. We are a hoot on family trips.

Like last Christmas eve when I was laughing so hard I piddle on the floor in front of the fireplace ( hey! I gave birth to 3 LARGE babies.ok? I EARNED that)

LMAO!
One evening last summer, I was sitting out on the deck with my son and his fiancé. I made a comment. Suddenly, they went from gasping to rolling around on the floor with tears streaming down their faces. All I said was, "Well, my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard." I have no idea what it means, just thought it sounded funny LOLOLOL Took them about ten minutes till they could actually speak....
OMG MOM! Yep, my kids have their hands full and it's not gonna change anytime soon :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Thanks for the objection counts !

I'm pretty surprised to he often he did this...isn't that odd.

I'm confused (again). So which CDs did the Prosecutor show a picture of today with Jodi's handwriting on them?

I do believe there were CDs, as well as the check for the car payment, which were both a "ruse" or "excuse" as to why she wanted to see him, although a part of me still wonders if she didn't just surprise Travis with her visit, entering through the garage with the code . . .

Men at all hours .. ooooooooh I actually thought that there WERE no other men! I actually didn't think Jodi was all that promiscuous. Colour me pink and call me a pony.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

From the testimony I heard from Dan Freeman I will say I thought he was honest. I don't see why it matters that he does not have a TV or follows the news. He knew TA and JA and "the news" does not.

Maybe I should have made myself more clear. I was responding to what Dan was saying tonight on HLN. His excuses for seeing Jodi for years was that he was basically clueless. He had no idea because he does not own a TV or have the news.

Everyone who knew Travis and also knew Jodi, knew Jodi was the #1 suspect shortly after Travis was found. In fact after Dan spoke to her, she got on the phone with another friend, who was in shock and then called another friend. While on the 3 way phone call the one friend texts the other telling him that he is on the phone with the #1 suspect and they both got off the phone with Jodi quickly. It traveled fast but Dan uses the excuse that he didn't know all the while he was visiting her in Jail for years.

He is allowed to like Jodi and even side with her but in my opinion he is not allowed to do that and then back peddle like made while tooting his horn that he was a Very Close Friend to Travis. That's the part that bothers me most. MOO

It's interesting how not a peep has been heard from him except for in trial until Juan's closing arguments. Now he is ready to jump on TV, a news program and tell stories that don't make sense. MOO

Again "very close friends" of Travis knew what was going on with Jodi. It wouldn't take years.

MOO

Yeah I know... :eek:fftobed: thinking crazy and I haven't been on all day.

Goodnight, stay safe everyone and we are one day away from Justice for Travis. :angel:

LOL maybe she thought she could 'cure' his pedophilia by 'acting out' in a bedroom kind of a way.

I don't think they did though .. I think that tragedy just inspired her lies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234