Closing arguments- thread #173

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times will Nurmi say "3 hole wonder" tomorrow?

Cuz that's all they've got.

Oh, I'm sure we will hear that and much more . . . . . . references to the 12-year old girl, the spidies, little boys, pop rocks, Tootsie pops, K-Y, trees in the forest and everything ugly, so I won't go into them all :banghead:

I just don't think Nurmi knows how to attempt to defend Jodi without making out Travis to be an extreme sexual deviant and abuser, and blaming all the sexual acts on him, rather than on Jodi whom I believe was the sexual teacher and abuser. :stormingmad:

:facepalm: Oh no, not more delays.

Come on, this poor family. Enough is enough. It's time for the Jury to get to get together and do this thing.

The two pictures in your signature make me teary eyed.

OKAY YES, almost everything makes me teary eyed these days!! I'm not ashamed to admit it, apparently.

We've seen pictures of sweet Napoleon, old and grey, blind and deaf. I know he's been loved, but they never forget their human parents. So many nights these last few months I head to bed thinking of the Alexander family and Travis and when I cuddle up with my pup, I've thought about Napoleon. We are lucky to have these furry family members who are furry angels and JA put that little guy such hell,taking away his daddy. He was the closest thing to a witness as there was. I hope Napoleon gets yummy treats and nice belly rubs, sweet old boy...

yep, i laughed and cried during Juan's closing today. not even halfway thru i posted
'geeze, how lame and laughable will the defense closing be?' totally agree with you :seeya:

Is that "Ratt" as in Round and Round Ratt? :seeya:

As I was doing a little web surfing just now, came across this post on Radar. Supposedly an exclusive about the email exchanges between the Hughes and TA back in 2007, in which they accuse TA of being a heart predator. I think the timing of this "exclusive" is suspicious. What do you think?

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/05/travis-alexander-heart-predator-accuses-friend-emails/

I heard the name Michael Kiefer :puke:

He seems to be around all the problems that have come out during this trial.

Who cares if Travis liked to flirt with women anyway, he was a heterosexual male after all.

Question - when Travis' friends found his body, they said his roommate was home, in his room watching TV.

If Travis had been dead for 4 days, the dog was left alone for 4 days, and the placed reeked of decomposing body odor . . ., how is it possible that his roommate did not inspect the home and find the Body ?? This never came up in Testimony. Sorry if this has been "asked and answered".

I just cant see how Nurmi can even come close to convincing the jury after today's closing.TA voice was heard today and all N has to work with is trashing TA and sex. I dont think its going to fly and I imagine N is really sick tonight. JW didnt look to well today either.

I think it's legit. Sky didn't go into details on TV the other night, but it certainly jives with what she said. I think she has tried to soften what that email said by appearing on TV. I think she did do damage with her email. I think she fueled JA's fire and we all know where that went.

Ouch .. those are bad!

However, the email exchange started when Travis sent a scathing message accusing the two of sabotaging his romance with Jodi.

The couple caused “irreparable damage to mine and Jodi’s relationship. She is paranoid that this evil person you have depicted will someday surface,” he sternly wrote in the email.

Despite her painting him in court as angry and abusive, Travis maintained that he had never — and would never — do anything to intentionally hurt her. “I adore Jodi,” he wrote. “In fact I don’t know if it has ever been easier to be nice to someone as it is with Jodi.”

The pair, while they said they still loved him, stood their ground. “She was being treated horribly, you weren’t beating her physically, but you were emotionally,” they wrote.

This is how a guy stays in a relationship with someone who was not healthy .. guilt & rebellion. Moral of the tale: Stay out of other peoples relationships.

I totally agree, Angel -- but admit it -- If you were Nurmi, wouldn't you feel a bit sick after what our wonderful Juan just did? KN has got to stand up, walk over to the podium and try to rebut or at least take some of the sting off what JM said. Is there one thing he can say that will help that ~client~ of his?

Think about it folks -- there is nothing, nothing, nothing.

images

i don't think anyone envy's Nurmi's position, especially after JM's stellar performance, it's a tough act to follow. I don't think Nurmi ever believed her. I believe JW is taking this way to seriously, to the point that she DOES believe Jodi. I can see it in her face and hear it in her voice, she's REALLY reaching, i'd understand if she was just doing her job as best as she could, but it seems so personal to her, as if she is under some kind of freakish spell!

Well all, thank you SO MUCH for sharing today :) I'm off to bed here. I'll catch up when I get home. Hopefully the DT will be done and JM will be stepping to the forefront! Sleep tight, stay safe and thanks for all your posts. I love this place :)

Ha ha. I thought she might have many. One of my first thoughts. Why were some of these men reluctant to testify or remained "friends" after their breakups?

I think these men were paying for their visits with JA and it wasn't for Bible study, but sex. I have also entertained the thought that she was paid to attend the meetings as a party girl for men they were trying to get to join the company by showing them a good time while they were there.

Most all these pyramids have a huge money investment that has to be paid to join. Where would JA get that. GS seems the type that would do something like that. And according to her parents she had been living a secret life after she left home. Would not let them visit, etc. I know this is way out there but so is this horrible thing that happened to TA. It is unimaginable to me and at this point nothing about JA would surprise me. But, she definitely looks like a party girl to me. jmo

As I was doing a little web surfing just now, came across this post on Radar. Supposedly an exclusive about the email exchanges between the Hughes and TA back in 2007, in which they accuse TA of being a heart predator. I think the timing of this "exclusive" is suspicious. What do you think?

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/05/travis-alexander-heart-predator-accuses-friend-emails/

Here is an article from Michael Kiefer/The Republic/azcentral.com about the emails between the Hughes and TA. Don't know who got the "exclusive" first.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...-e-mail-exchange-revealed.html?nclick_check=1

Im thinking it was probably a nickname they had for Travis. T for Travis and "dog" in a good way. Some guys refer to other guys as like "Hey Dog" in a good way. I've heard it used before in a good way.

Ya, its a slang term usually spelled dawg used as a synonym for like "buddy, pal, friend".

Oh, I'm sure we will hear that and much more . . . . . . references to the 12-year old girl, the spidies, little boys, pop rocks, Tootsie pops, K-Y, trees in the forest and everything ugly, so I won't go into them all :banghead:

I just don't think Nurmi knows how to attempt to defend Jodi without making out Travis to be an extreme sexual deviant and abuser, and blaming all the sexual acts on him, rather than on Jodi whom I believe was the sexual teacher and abuser. :stormingmad:

No doubt ol' Nurmi is feeling a wee bit green around the gills right about now. Who wants to follow JM's stellar performance?

Unfortunately I agree with what you said here. It's going to happen AGAIN. We know it will. The DT has no choice but to put TA on trial. If they don't, they have no chance. Their only hope is to reach a holdout who thinks that the defendant was exploited somehow.

We know it's a bunch of bs, but they've literally got no other option. JM gets another bite of the apple of course, so I'd expect his final bow to be even more lethal than the first. :)

Spoiler Alert!

When JA is convicted, her lawyers will be walking down the street, away from the courthouse....running hellbent-for-election, but never quite catching up will be JVM, breathing like a greyhound, screaming to them.....

Don't say I didn't warn ya. That nightmare is going to happen again....

BAAAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for that!!

The mullet will be flying in the wind as she trots to catch up... but she WILL keep up... dragging her cameramen along with her.... and finally she will get a comment.....

"no comment"

I've been looking at some pictures posted on HLN that I haven't seen before. As I sit here laughing at pictures of Travis being goofy (as it seemed he often was) and smiling at him sleeping peacefully in a hammock with his mouth wide open :) I am overwhelmed with emotion thinking about who he was and what he was about. The same phrase keeps repeating over and over in my mind. HE JUST WANTED TO BE HAPPY.
Everything he did, the people he surrounded himself with, his goals for self improvement, his travels, his humor, his hopes, his dreams. HE JUST WANTED TO BE HAPPY.
I can't help but feel that after all this is said and done (after his murderer is punished to the full extent) that Travis will live on in the people whose lives he has touched. His family, friends, even the people on forums like this following the case. I know I for one will not let his death be in vain. I will take a page from his book and begin to try and better myself.
Everything comes down to the next few days, where justice lies in the hands of a few. His family will return to their lives. Probably not knowing what to do with themselves for awhile without the trial to distract them. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. They will need to deal with the day to day without their Travis a phone call away. I can't imagine their pain.
So, as I'm rambling, I come back to the thought circling my brain. HE JUST WANTED TO BE HAPPY. His happiness was cut short. His short life never knew the happiness of a wife, children, grandchildren. SO much has been lost for him. I can only pray for justice and for the solace his family will find in each other.
Sorry for the random rambling. I won't be listening to the defense's closing and their lies. I'll be on here to keep up and will wait patiently for a verdict. I have faith in the jury that they will do what's right.

There are 2 Walmarts in Salinas. Nurmi is going to say she probably, by mistake, went to a different one to return the gas can. After all, they all look alike.

Salinas Walmart Supercenter Store #5751

1375 N Davis Rd. Salinas, CA 93907 Phone: (831) 998-9080

Salinas Walmart Supercenter Store #2458

1800 N Main, Salinas, CA 93906 Phone: (831) 751-0231

I would think he would have to provide proof of that and it was never provided in court. Nurmi can't say she returned it to a different store when she has already testified she returned it to the same store. Plus we know she had three cans in Utah.

"The guys naked, he's not going to run after her outside" Nurmi~laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV