Closing arguments- thread #173

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I took today off to watch closing arguments in peace. A coworker just noticed I'm out and texted me and said, "Keep me posted. Today must be closing arguments?" Hahahahahahaaaa!!! How embarrassing! I very rarely talk about cases with coworkers because they just aren't interested. I have no idea how he put the two together.

You shouldn't be embarrassed that you're passionate about justice and making the world a safer place for your co-workers and their children. Your co-workers should possibly be the embarrassed ones. :rockon:

I'm sure this has been answered, but even if there were 5 Walmart stores there, she claims she bought and returned the gas can to the same store. Her receipt shows where it was purchased, so that's the one that was checked.

Agree, all of the inventory is together, you can but something at one store and return it to another, any store can see it was returned and where the item is located.

I'm sure this has been answered, but even if there were 5 Walmart stores there, she claims she bought and returned the gas can to the same store. Her receipt shows where it was purchased, so that's the one that was checked.

If Nurmi tries to say that, I submit that Juan should print out and enlarge on the screen her EXACT words which clearly stated she returned it to the SAME walmart she bought it from. So that would give her ONE MORE LIE in front of the jury.

So I took today off to watch closing arguments in peace. A coworker just noticed I'm out and texted me and said, "Keep me posted. Today must be closing arguments?" Hahahahahahaaaa!!! How embarrassing! I very rarely talk about cases with coworkers because they just aren't interested. I have no idea how he put the two together.

I am actually thinking about being sick Monday if that turns out to be the day Juan does his final. I've thought about it all morning. Luckily today my boss is out of town so I can watch until my little hearts content. But Monday I'm feeling a "mental health" day might be needed.

BBM

The fact she didn't submit a report is suspect right off the bat. A true professional would have a report. The DT fought to keep ALV's notes from the prosecution - why?

Because ALV is a bold face liar and IMO the DT knew she would lie on the stand. I don't know which is worse - ALV lying or the DT knowing she'd lie on the stand. Both are reprehensible IMO.

I tend to think that Ms. Alyce did more coaching and preparing Jodi for testifying than listening or trying to figure out the real truth. This opinion is based on the fact that she admitted to going back to see Jodi after her interview with JM in November. She was not hired to teach a defendent how to better lie and push the right buttons to demonstrate DV. I think she got caught doing just that, her "evaluation" was made before she ever met Ms. Arias in person IMO.

If she had indeed returned the can to another Walmart you can bet the defense would have asked the Walmart rep who testified:

"Do you have the records for Store #XXXX?"

Didn't happen. And in my non-legal opinion I don't believe Nurmi can bring up that she might have returned the can at another Walmart because a) it was never testified to in court or even mentioned and b) there was no other Walmart in Salinas at the time.

and the jury would say "so where's your proof"

The whole "two Walmart" theory is a distraction

:banghead:

We should take a guess at how many times Nurmi says three hole wonder

He's going to keep cramming all of that sexual stuff down the jurors' throats (seriously no pun intended) because that's all they have. They can't rehabilitate Arias, that's not an option. So all they have left is to, ahem, "de-edify" Travis by talking about the sexual fantasies, etc. But I think Juan anticipated that, and did a good job of preparing the jury for it when he reminded them that Jodi was an equal partner in all of that stuff. So Nurmi can talk about three whole wonders and depositing bodily fluids on Jodi's face until the cows come home, but the evidence tells us that Jodi was literally asking for it.

Is it just me or was anyone else confused by JM jumping from "she brought the gun" right into "she stole the gun from Travis" if there is anyone on the jury hunting for an excuse to acquit or convict of a lesser offense I am afraid they could use that. I am so nervous she is going to walk.

I'll be at work today. But, will stream from AZ Central as long as my connection is good. It is normally, but then I get busy!

Anywhoo.... for all those saying not sure they can watch Nurmi, I betcha you will. ;)

This is the finale, we all have to participate, no?

:juanettes: :juanettes: :juanettes:

She behaves like Norman Bates in the movie. Always saw that from her on trial etc...evenmore so now. "Why I wouldn't even swat that fly" or something like that. Is that what he meant? I hope not...! But wouldn't doubt it. Psycho

And maybe that's where she got the idea of this dissociative amnesia, her infamous "fog". Norman didn't remember what he'd done, he thought his mother did it. She was dead.

You shouldn't be embarrassed that you're passionate about justice and making the world a safer place for your co-workers and their children. Your co-workers should possibly be the embarrassed ones. :rockon:

So true!! And this is why I love you people. You get me. :D

Can someone help me with this question? Okay JM took all of yesterday to do his closing. NO DOUBT Nurmi will do the same, either from being a turtle or spite. Do you guys think the jury will get the case today?

I DO NOT. Hell JM gets the last word and Nurmi will NOT let that happen today.

Thoughts?

Ha!! I'm surprised Nurmi didn't put in a motion to give a sur-closing, or whatever, to JM's final statements. I better watch out...he just might try...LOL

Also...anyone know why the other "minute" meeting was with Gilbert PD, etc??

But Juan gets his second big bang after Nurmi .... so I don't think the jury will get the case until Monday after Juan finishes. Unless the Judge makes them do a marathon day today and stay until all is said and done.

I am hoping the judge limits the closing arguments today. Even if the jurors get to deliberate for only 1 hour today, they will get all the
"whew glad that's over", "about time", all the snarky remarks they may have, then they pick the foreman. Then Monday morning, it is down to business for them.

Agree, all of the inventory is together, you can but something at one store and return it to another, any store can see it was returned and where the item is located.

Just like with the gas company, Walmart has a main HQ. If the store itself would not have been able to see all the transactions, we would have seen someone from the corporate hq. There is not a single transaction in any store that is not saved. From personal experience, it is done for several reasons and one of those is Loss Prevention. Fraudulent cc, returns with no receipt are monitored, especially for big ticket items that were stolen and attempted to be returned etc. That is one of the main reasons all things are kept internally.

K

I'll be at work today. But, will stream from AZ Central as long as my connection is good. It is normally, but then I get busy!

Anywhoo.... for all those saying not sure they can watch Nurmi, I betcha you will. ;)

This is the finale, we all have to participate, no?

:juanettes: :juanettes: :juanettes:

I don't want to but I will. Annoying as he may be, I can't miss a minute of closing args.

She did the say the same Walmart. I just posted a transcript up thread.

Found your post. Perfect!!! Thank you! Now I DO want Nurmi to try to make a big deal out of WHERE she retuned the gas can. :great:

Is it just me or was anyone else confused by JM jumping from "she brought the gun" right into "she stole the gun from Travis" if there is anyone on the jury hunting for an excuse to acquit or convict of a lesser offense I am afraid they could use that. I am so nervous she is going to walk.

You don't need to be nervous about that. Juan was simply saying that under either scenario, Arias committed felony murder because she a) brought the gun, which proves premeditation or, b) according to her own story, she stole the gun from Travis's house after she killed him, which means that she committed a murder in the course of committing another felony, which is also murder 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper