Found Deceased CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Niner

Long time Websleuther
Reaction score
Friday, June 25th:
*Trial continues (Day 5) (@ 8am MT) - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine (13) (last seen alive Nov. 18, 2012 when he arrived at airport, reported missing on Nov. 19, 2012, Broomfield; found about 8 miles up Middle Mountain Road, a dirt road that cuts through the San Juan National Forest, about 100 yards from the road, directly off an ATV trail on June 27, 2013 & Nov. 1, 2015 his skull was found by hikers about 5 miles from where his remains were found.) - *Mark Allen Redwine (50 @ time of crime/55/now 58), "father" indicted (6/20/17) & arrested & charged (7/2017) with 2nd degree murder & child abuse resulting in death. Plead not guilty. $750K bond.
Jury Trial began on 10/29/20 with jury selection & ended 11/5/20 after Judge Wilson declared mistrial on 11/9/20.
Re-Trial began on 6/14/21 with jury selection & ended 6/21/21 selecting the final 16 & trial will start with opening statements in the afternoon on 6/21/21 (skip 7/3 & 7/4 restart 7/6/21 thru 8/2/21). all @ 8a 12 jurors & 4 alternates (11 men & 5 women).

Previous court hearings from 9/10/17 thru 10/27/20 & Jury Selection (Day 1-6) 10/29/20 to 11/5/20 & 11/9/20 & info to 5/18/21 to 6/11/21 & new jury selection (Day 1-6) 6/14/21 to 6/21/21 & trial (Day 1-3) 6/21/21 to 6/23/21 reference post #722 here:
Found Deceased - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Broomfield, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested*

6/24/21 Thursday, Trial begins (Day 4): State witnesses: Cory Redwine back on stand.
See posts #737, 749, 754 & 757 for more info here:
Found Deceased - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Broomfield, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested*
Cory Redwine continued. Amber Harrison, divorce lawyer for Elaine Hall.
See posts #762, 769, 777 & 780 & 793 (page 40) for more info here:
Kathi Berry became friends with Elaine when searching for Dylan. Tom Cowing, investigator.
See posts #783, 796 for more info here:
Jury moves across the hall to view recreation of MR’s living room. Joe Clayton crime scene investigator. Trial exhibits list on post 814.
See posts #802, 804, 805, 808 & 811 for more info here:
Joe Clayton continued.
See posts #827 & 831 for more info here:
Recap of today's testimony see post #830 here:
The judge said that on Friday they would take only a 45 min. lunch, then come back for a couple of hours & ending @2:45pm. Trial continues on 6/25/21.

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Well he must have had a memory recall as now they are from his personal life.

Did John Moran and Justin Bogan spend months convincing Mark to let the fecalphiliac photos into evidence so it is found too prejudicial on appeal of his conviction?

Or did he have no choice? Does anyone have a link to pretrial motions about the photos?

I am glad they were! Surprised they are so readily available to the public with no warning sign. I hope Mark never sees the light of day again once found guilty.

Is there a witness list of whom each side is planning to call? I’m wondering if Mark’s ex-wife is going to testify. Never mind… I found ithttps://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/06th_Judicial_District/La_Plata/Redwine/People's Notice of Filing of Exhibit List as of May 21 2021(1).pdf

She is on the witness list.

Here is the link for the defense witness list as wellhttps://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/06th_Judicial_District/La_Plata/Redwine/Notice of Filing of Witness List as of May 27 2021.pdf

Last edited:
Did John Moran and Justin Bogan spend months convincing Mark to let the fecalphiliac photos into evidence so it is found too prejudicial on appeal of his conviction?

Or did he have no choice? Does anyone have a link to pretrial motions about the photos?

I am glad they were! Surprised they are so readily available to the public with no warning sign. I hope Mark never sees the light of day again once found guilty.

Yes the photos are part of motive so they must be allowed in. At the end of the day as disgusting as they are he posed for them and let his kids find them. So that’s on him and nobody else.

Last edited:
I found it interesting that Brandon, Dylan‘s half brother, had said that Mark had mentioned that they would have to find the skull to prove blunt force trauma… He remembered that conversation after the skull was located. I had not heard that before I don’t think… I read it in the indictment on pages 3-4… And Brandon is on the witness list… So that should be very interesting.

I found it interesting that Brandon, Dylan‘s half brother, had said that Mark had mentioned that they would have to find the skull to prove blunt force trauma… He remembered that conversation after the skull was located. I had not heard that before I don’t think… I read it in the indictment on pages 3-4… And Brandon is on the witness list… So that should be very interesting.
He actually reported that conversation with MR after the first remains were discovered, not the discovery of skull, according to the indictment.

It could be that he will be one of the last witnesses called after the forensic anthropologist as that is pretty damning testimony.

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/wp-con...nty-Grand-Jury-Indictment-of-Mark-Redwine.pdf

Is there a witness list of whom each side is planning to call? I’m wondering if Mark’s ex-wife is going to testify. Never mind… I found ithttps://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/06th_Judicial_District/La_Plata/Redwine/People's Notice of Filing of Exhibit List as of May 21 2021(1).pdf

She is on the witness list.

Here is the link for the defense witness list as wellhttps://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/06th_Judicial_District/La_Plata/Redwine/Notice of Filing of Witness List as of May 27 2021.pdf
Thanks for the links to the witness lists. I'm not sure how accurate it is. I've only gone over the prosecutions list and one witness who testified this week isn't on it. Joseph Ceballos, Dylans friend.

Also the "in order" list doesn't match who has testified so far. By my count there have been 16 witness's on the stand this week out of 53 named on the lists.

Betsy Horvath is Mark's ex that you are referring to. She posted here as azgrandma.
The indictment states that Betsy Horvath, Mark Redwine’s ex-wife, had voiced concerned that Mark may have hurt his own son.

She told investigators during an interview that Mark had previously said that if he ever had to get rid of a body, he would leave it out in the mountains.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...tails-gruesome-evidence-found-in-fathers-home

To me, that is one of the most damning pieces of testimony against Mark. If they can determine that there was in fact blunt force trauma to Dylan's skull, and Mark actually made that statement, that could tip the scales against him. If his son simply ran away and was killed by a bear or if he was kidnapped then murdered, why would Mark specifically mention blunt force trauma?

The indictment mentioned that the skull "had two small markings consistent with tool marks from a knife, not caused by animal or natural cause". This is also interesting – I can envision that Mark either threw something across the room at Dylan, swung the fireplace poker thing at Dylan, or hit Dylan himself, but why would there be cut marks on his skull from a knife? That seems like an odd thing to do.

To me, that is one of the most damning pieces of testimony against Mark. If they can determine that there was in fact blunt force trauma to Dylan's skull, and Mark actually made that statement, that could tip the scales against him. If his son simply ran away and was killed by a bear or if he was kidnapped then murdered, why would Mark specifically mention blunt force trauma?

The indictment mentioned that the skull "had two small markings consistent with tool marks from a knife, not caused by animal or natural cause". This is also interesting – I can envision that Mark either threw something across the room at Dylan, swung the fireplace poker thing at Dylan, or hit Dylan himself, but why would there be cut marks on his skull from a knife? That seems like an odd thing to do.

Because he went back to where he had put Dylan and tried to dispose of the skull more ?

Or that night in question he tried to dispose of the skull by using a knife ?

One theory for the marks on Dylan's skull was they were caused when MR returned to his body at a later date, removed the skull from the body and transported it to where it was found in 2015. He didn't want the blunt force trauma to Dylan's head to be discovered. JMO

One theory for the marks on Dylan's skull was they were caused when MR returned to his body at a later date, removed the skull from the body and transported it to where it was found in 2015. He didn't want the blunt force trauma to Dylan's head to be discovered. JMO
Sad to say, but that is how I understood it.

just imagine being that callous towards your sons corpse.

Last edited:
So for the posters who think Mark is guilty how do you think it went down that night?

I’m still not sure if he killed him on the couch or if they had a argument and Mark pushed him and he hit on head on the coffee table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member