CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope they find him soon too!

Thanks for the info on the rod and flies. Please forgive me for what may be a couple of dumb questions, but I know very little about fishing. If you don't mind answering, would someone be able to put a folded fly-fishing rod into a backpack? Maybe the extra flies in a backpack pouch?

Also is fly-fishing common on lakes? I always picture rivers but that could be totally wrong or my Hollywood movie mental version of it. And of course usually rivers flow into lakes, so it could be a very similar location. Just thinking 'out loud.'

Thanks!

A broken down fly rod, in general, would stick out the top of a backpack and flies can be kept in a little lucite box and would fit in there or like I said, just stick them on your hat. Fly rods for lakes only, are longer in length but I use my shorter rod for lakes when I fish them. I generally do not fish lakes except for the high lakes on a local reservation near the Puye cliff dwellings.

Just from reading the MSM and what's been reported, mom was granted full custody because she moved 6-7 hours away. Shared custody wouldn't work anymore because of logistics. The court order was issued out of the Durango court which was most likely home court for the divorce in the first place.

I have some friends who went through this recently, they had joint custody and got along relatively well for years after their divorce, until one wanted to move - then all hell broke loose. It was a really painful thing to see happen and I know it took a great toll on their child. Now they they both really dislike each other, it can be a brutal thing to go through.

That seems like a pretty big lake. I wonder if anyone else was fishing there that day. There haven't been any reports of anyone else seeing him AFAIK.

I would love to hear from some hikers or sportsmen who saw either Dylan or the fishing pole there during the daylight.

I wish LE would put out a request to see if anyone else was there at the dam that day.

It is just hard for me to believe that this 13 yr old, social, popular, tech savvy kid, decided to go all by himself to that lake that morning. He had a group of good friends waiting for him. Why didn't he communicate with them? If he decided to go fishing by himself instead of meeting up with them, why didn't he tell them that? They were calling and texting him all day. He was able to communicate with them the previous night to change his plans, so he must have known a way to reach them.

If he walked 4 miles to that lake, wouldn't he have been seen by someone? Is it that remote the entire way that he would never be seen or noticed?

Ventured over to see if there was a chance the HLN nighttime "news" ladies would cover the story... alas, they will be on the new CA evidence. Very amazing that WS'ers were able to do what they did!
I do wish that these programs would cover a time- sensitive issue like Dylan's NOW and deal with Casey's botched prosecution in a few days, when it will still be botched. We need all hands on deck for this young boy. NG and her "totmom":furious:

"settle down ladies "

^^ To the members of *The Official Kevin Torres Fan Club* ....

Someone damn well knows what happened to Dylan... and whomever that someone is they are probably seeing all the searching and worry. I hate people who do these things.

That seems like a pretty big lake. I wonder if anyone else was fishing there that day. There haven't been any reports of anyone else seeing him AFAIK.

I would love to hear from some hikers or sportsmen who saw either Dylan or the fishing pole there during the daylight.

I wish LE would put out a request to see if anyone else was there at the dam that day.

Once again, I'm with you on this entire post. If LE is confident that he was truly last seen at 7:30 and went missing sometime after that point...

why not get specific asking people who were out around the lake that morning?
Anyone who may have driven that route that morning?
Even broaden the thinking and residents of the town and neigboring towns if their family members were unaccounted for during the hours of 7:30am - on til ??? whenever. This would be addressing a stranger abduction with a stranger being a local.

If they're not able to confirm that Dylan was seen or heard from to LE's satisfaction after 8pm Sunday (or earlier, if we want to push the timeline back to the airport) then they need to re-evaluate and find out what options make sense and consider alerting the public on timelines, locations, etc. all JMO. With nothing being said and no help being asked for, I can only hope they're working angles we're totally unaware of.

Another thought, that lake is really beautiful. I'm not big into serious photography but I have a microCard on my cell phone and often carry a digital camera with me. If I was going to the lake I would definetly bring a high quality camera to take pictures of the scenery and my family and friends, whoever I came with. On the lakechamber's website there are a number of lodging options, from trailers to cabins to tent rentals. I imagine LE would go through all of those guest lists to contact people who were around over that weekend asking if they saw anything or took any pictures. Not to mention locals and of course any surviellance footage. Is the weekend before Thanksgiving an appealing time to get away for the weekend at Vallecito Lake? Hope there were some alert and observant folks who can help.

I am assuming if the family dynamics were still intact that Mom and Dad would have met halfway to deliver him to his destination. The fact that a flight was scheduled either tells me they have extra money or they don't see eye to eye. However the drive from Colorado Springs to Durango area is a bit grueling, the passes slow you way down and wildlife on the roadway can be nerve wracking.

My sons ALL wear shorts, they run out to dumpster and to mail in bare feet with a foot of snow on the ground...lol. But if they were going to be walking alone to go fishing in a Mountain lake, I think they would at least have on pants even with the milder winter we have been experiencing here in Colorado, its still frigid in the morning.

I cannot help but think that he did not go fishing alone. If he did go fishing it will come out that he went with someone, whether it be dad, or a friend. I believe he had a ride there and something may have happened. Perhaps it was an accident.

Years ago I was working the Sheriff Dept when a call went out. I was working in the jail. A man, his young son and daughter were out on the dam at Prewitt Reservoir. They were fishing. Well, see those rocks by the dam, even in the picture where the boy is missing, they get very slick. Well, Dad went in and could not get out, he slipped and got more and more tired trying. His young son went in after him, he gripped onto his sons pants and then..... he let go. He would have taken his son under, and he let go... I had to wash the blankets they transported dad in, and I just stared at them, I was shockingly quite upset. I had to watch the kids until the Mom came in from Denver area to pick up the children. So, if he had on a backpack and lost his balance, you can find yourself heavy and pulled under. Just sayin' it can and does happen. Plus the water is soooo cold at this time of year.

I agree something seems off, but playing devils advocate I refuse to wear blinders as there is probably so much more to this situation...IMHO

in most cases even if there is shared custody doesn't that include one parent paying child support?

I believe it often does when the child or children resides with one parent for a longer time during the year than the other parent. The parent with whom the child lives with less during the year pays support to the parent with whom the child resides most of the year.

From my understanding the term "shared custody" can have a very broad term meaning anything from the more traditional "one parent having custody every other weekend, certain agreed-upon holidays and agreed-upon school vacation months and the other parent having custody the rest of the year", which is or was the more traditional custody plan years ago when we were in court, to another agreed-to custody plan similar to what my ex and I were able to work out (because we lived 3 miles away from each other at the time); "complete 50/50 custody - 3 months at one parents home followed by 3 months at the other parents home etc. with alternating weekends. We were each responsible for any financial responsibilities concerning our child at the time he was residing with us (with the exception of major financial issues such as medical emergencies, back-to-school clothing & supplies, etc)."

The only additional requirement was that my ex carry health insurance for him. We did not pay each other a dime. Worked like a charm (minor miracle in itself) and we now have a mentally healthy stable happy grown up son who gets along well with the both of us. But I have also heard others talk about variations in shared custody different than those I mentioned previously, so the custody plan could have been anything.

It would make sense for Dylans mum to have filed for sole custody if she was moving out of the area I would think for medical and legal reasons. (Registering him for schools, for signing papers authorizing medical treatment etc (I think so anyway - please correct me if I am wrong).

Me and my ex divorced in Colorado. I filed for Sole Custody right off the bat. He was awarded visitation on weekends and holidays, and half the summer. We lived two hundred miles apart. However, we had to get that amended due to issues until finally he ruined it for himself and I ended up with SOLE Custody. So I do believe there had to be more to it than distance, as they really are not that far apart geographically. Judges try very hard to allow both parents to have access to the children, even when its unhealthy to do so. I it at times takes something horrible to happen for them to wake up and give SOLE custody, so either they found a lenient Colorado judge or I believe it was more than just the move. IMHO

Haha, Exactly!
I can honestly say, growing up in Colorado, and most of my life in the Bayfield/Durango area until a few years ago, I've seen people in shorts EVERY month of the year. Heck, they'll wear the hiking sandals until the snow is above ankle deep.
It's been so unseasonably warm also, I don't see him wearing shorts as that odd myself. But maybe that's just me and knowing the area. And if you've lived in the altitude, it's not a biggie. I'm much lower altitude here in Denver but when I get the higher ones, I adjust to it right away.

Well I can see him wearing shorts if he was going to go hang with some friends or go to the mall but fishing? Naaaaaa!

JMO

What is a "generational" child?

Maybe....there was a plan put in place before Dylan ever showed up at dads. A plan for Dylan to "disappear" so he didn't have to be where he didn't want to be?

The meeting friends early in the morning....to fish? Has anyone said why Dylan would be meeting his friends that early? Seems there must have been cell service if Dylan was making plans on Sun. for Monday morning.....

If Dylan hadn't seen his friends in awhile, I would think he'd be calling, texting, etc., trying to see them. I can't picture him grabbing his fishing pole and walking 3-4 miles to a lake with no calls, no texts, no contact whatsoever. Its just too weird.

What is a "generational" child?

Maybe....there was a plan put in place before Dylan ever showed up at dads. A plan for Dylan to "disappear" so he didn't have to be where he didn't want to be?

The meeting friends early in the morning....to fish? Has anyone said why Dylan would be meeting his friends that early? Seems there must have been cell service if Dylan was making plans on Sun. for Monday morning.....

I took it to mean he is hip to/up on things of his generation re: texting, tweeting, facebook, etc etc etc:twocents:

If Dylan hadn't seen his friends in awhile, I would think he'd be calling, texting, etc., trying to see them. I can't picture him grabbing his fishing pole and walking 3-4 miles to a lake with no calls, no texts, no contact whatsoever. Its just too weird.

I was thinking the same thing.. the fact that there was no phone activitiy after 8pm that night has me worried.

Me and my ex divorced in Colorado. I filed for Sole Custody right off the bat. He was awarded visitation on weekends and holidays, and half the summer. We lived two hundred miles apart. However, we had to get that amended due to issues until finally he ruined it for himself and I ended up with SOLE Custody. So I do believe there had to be more to it than distance, as they really are not that far apart geographically. Judges try very hard to allow both parents to have access to the children, even when its unhealthy to do so. I it at times takes something horrible to happen for them to wake up and give SOLE custody, so either they found a lenient Colorado judge or I believe it was more than just the move. IMHO

I agree to a certain extent except this is Durango, CO. A town of 17K and only has 3-4 judges and everyone knows everyone's business. The Redwine family lived there until this past summer when mom moved for a better life, new job, etc. Sharing holidays is the norm.

Six-seven hour drive (one way) is a lot, IMO. Especially the route the mom and/or dad had to drive. That is one heck of a drive, IMO. Beautiful country though. One of my favorite places in this US.

Why did the searchers go to the lake to begin with? Was there a sighting there, or what led them to that particular place? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21