CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Law Enforcement is doing this exactly right!

You would not believe the number of parallel investigations that are going on outside the public search.

Go easy on the cops, they know what they are doing.

All I'm going to say is: Glad the FBI is involved

I guess my only question at this point, unless I missed something while skimming through this, is why are they now searching the river? Was something found to haul out the boats and sonar? If this was already answered, I apologize in advance. TIA!

I guess my only question at this point, unless I missed something while skimming through this, is why are they now searching the river? Was something found to haul out the boats and sonar? If this was already answered, I apologize in advance. TIA!

I thought they were searching a lake. Have they now moved to a river? tia

Kevin Torres
4 minutes ago
Dive team just made a other lap around.

Excuse me in advance for being tacky and quoting myself. I'm re-reading this from Kevin Torres' facebook page yesterday and comparing it to this exerpt from thedenverpost.com

It wasn't clear whether the smell they detected Saturday and again Sunday morning at the south end of the lake had anything to do with the youngster, said La Plata Sheriff's Office spokesman Dan Bender.

"We had two of the dogs alerted on the surface of the lake. It could be a submerged deer or elk or something else," Bender said.

Divers from the New Mexico State Police are assisting in the search after two La Plata County Search and Rescue K-9s — Cay and Sayla — signaled they had found something

I guess just trying to reconcile the SAR guy saying it's highly unlikely to be an animal or critter. The LaPlata SO spokesman saying it could be submurged deer or elk or something like that. Hopefully we'll find out soon and (I love animals but!) it will be a deceased animal.

Do many deer and elk often end up dead at the bottom of lakes? Sorry, I'm not an outdoorsy type. CLEARLY I'm a sit-in-front of my computer and spend all of my time on WS type!:blushing:

The police as well as suspects are careful not to get locked into a scenario.

In this case, both the dog handler and the police statement are correct.

In small county's or jurisdictions (even large) a SAR guy may drift from the script like the dog guy did in this case.

SAR team members typically will treat reporters as if they are carrying a communicable decease and not say a word.

Most agency's would remove this dog guy from the call sheet. If he works as a Sheriffs SAR team member, he will be fired as soon as this case concludes.

All statements are to come from the PIO and PIO's are not told much of anything by investigators.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22063185/sunday-search-launched-missing-boy-laplata-county

"Mark Redwine said Sunday that he hadn't been able to find the boy's fishing rod.
"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake because from Day One they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said."

Just pointing out that in this article, Dad is saying that LE knew the pole was "likely" with Dylan from the start. I think much of the problem here is that Dad made no public statement. We have no idea what he told LE......or when.

I thought they were searching a lake. Have they now moved to a river? tia

They are still searching Vallecito lake, not a river but a man made resivor(sp?) it is the same lake they have been searching this weekend. hth

I've got to get off of here, but I hope we get some good news later. Praying that Dylan comes home safe!:please:

so we are left with:

1. Dylan was abducted

2. Dylan was hitching and met with foul play

3. Dylan walked to lake and had a accident

4. Dylan walked to lake and met with foul play

5. Dylan walked to lake and hurt himself

6. Dylan is hiding

7. Dylan met with foul play and his fishing pole was placed at the lake

From Kevin Torres' fb page 3 hours ago:

"Within the next hour the New Mexico dive team is expected to return to Vallecito dam. Before they enter the water, they're going to use a high powered sonar gun to try and locate any large objects in the designated dive area. That will allow them to focus their energy and time in those locations. Problem is, the divers can only stay under for 25 minutes before they have to come up and stay out of water for several hours. I'll have more updates in the next hour or so.

bbm to remind us of the timeline we might be looking at today. Whenever the divers go in it'll be for 25 minutes or so, then they have to come up for a couple of hours. Then repeat, I guess. Could be a long day. Hopefully a parallel search elsewhere will lead to more positive clues.

When you Mapquest dad’s house (Point A=2343 County Road 500, Bayfield CO 81122) to the middle of Lake Vallecito (Point B=Pine River Lodge 14443 CR 501, Bayfield, CO 81122 ) it is 6.2 miles. Pine River Lodge is at the middle of the lake. I will guess that it would have been a 3.5 mile walk for Kevin to have reached any point of the lake.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-26 at 1.19.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-26 at 1.19.13 PM.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 20
So are we taking the "neighbor" sighting of him walking around hours after being missing as true? If so, I have to think that shifts the suspicion.

I'll have to find the link again but abc news this morning also said a postal carrier had seen him walking with another boy.

When you Mapquest dad’s house (Point A=2343 County Road 500, Bayfield CO 81122) to the middle of Lake Vallecito (Point B=Pine River Lodge 14443 CR 501, Bayfield, CO 81122 ) it is 6.2 miles. Pine River Lodge is at the middle of the lake. I will guess that it would have been a 3.5 mile walk for Kevin to have reached any point of the lake.

Did you mean Dylan or do you have Kevin on the brain? ;-)

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22063185/sunday-search-launched-missing-boy-laplata-county

"Mark Redwine said Sunday that he hadn't been able to find the boy's fishing rod.
"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake because from Day One they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said."

Just pointing out that in this article, Dad is saying that LE knew the pole was "likely" with Dylan from the start. I think much of the problem here is that Dad made no public statement. We have no idea what he told LE......or when.
There is no way Dylan (a teenager) awakened at 7:30 am and then walked (in nylon shorts when it was 27 degrees) 3.5 miles to go fishing by himself. Nope. Didn't happen. (I raised 3 sons.)

Snipped by me

Hopefully they're taking a very close look at the dad and what may have been happening at the dad's house; and also what was said between Mark and Dylan.
The msm articles about this case say that both parents are cooperating.... But the msm news said that as well in the beginning of the Ethan Stacy case, and we all know how that turned out.
I'm getting a hinky feeling about Mark; especially since he hasn't made any statements. and it's been a whole week, now !
Sending prayers and hopeful thoughts towards Dylan !

<modsnip>

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...r-colorado-boy-who-vanished-during-dad-visit/

snip "A postal worker reported possibly seeing Redwine in Vallecito the day he was reported missing with another boy, reported KMGH.

I have many questions and doubts about this possible sighting. I assume this is the same postal worker who reportedly possibly saw Dylan and another boy from earlier reports, which LE was obviously trying to substantiate.

Would Dylan have had his fishing pole? Dad has now said it's missing from the home (from day1) and he thinks it's possible Dylan would've gone down to the lake fishing. Wouldn't the postal worker have noticed "the kid carrying a fishing pole"? That's a big identifier to me.

What time exactly and where were these two boys ? - Most postal workers I know stick to a pretty regular time schedule with their deliveries from house to house and neighborhood to neighborhood, so I would hope he/she could get as specific as possible.

Can he/she describe the other boy? What direction were they walking in? Were they anywhere near the Lake? Going toward it or away from it? Could she identify the boy if she saw him or give a sketch to detectives? LE has been contacting Dylan's friends in the area. I'm also thinking maybe he'd met up with someone online who he didn't know (or know well...perhaps a friend of a friend). They lived nearby and planned to walk around and spend the day at the Lake.

I won't go on past here but there are plenty of questions for the mailperson and I hope he/she can give answers to many of them & this wasn't just a quick vague sighting without the possibility for any details!

There is no way Dylan (a teenager) awakened at 7:30 am and then walked (in nylon shorts when it was 27 degrees) 3.5 miles to go fishing by himself. Nope. Didn't happen. (I raised 3 sons.)

I wasn't saying Dylan did or didn't go fishing. I was just responding to a few post regarding Dad not mentioning the fishing pole until after it was found. Hope I didn't offend.

The postal worker saw a boy of a similar description, but I don't know that it has been confirmed that she in fact saw Dylan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV