CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer your question many have said, after seeing the new pictures released at Walmart and the airport, that Dylan looked nothing like the photo's they have seen of him.

Also that he was a lot smaller than they expected him to be.

My hope was that somebody, somewhere might have remembered this young boy and saw something that would help in finding out what happened to him.

I have seem video released months after the fact and people forgot all about the person.

It seems reasonable to want to see the latest video of Dylan.

I havent looked at his recent photos but it did appear to be rather small for his age and looks younger than 13 too.

Well now we at least know they have the video and thats the main thing. They were both there just like MR said.

So I think the reason they havent released them is they believe he did arrive home with is dad that night.

IMO

You know I find it a bit strange that those that know Dylans habits of texting a lot didn't ever question when they didn't hear from him all day long.

What else could the friends do? I believe they said they tried both texting and calling.

I noticed they are using NM state police helicopter again. I need to check to see if our (NM state police) divers are back.

State police office in Farmington, NM is very close to Durango.
[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Durango,+Co&daddr=State+Police,+1025+West+Navajo+Street,+Farmington,+NM+87401&hl=en&sll=36.736752,-108.215332&sspn=0.041752,0.083857&geocode=FZDGOAIdfeGR-Skj_IW9pgI8hzFafqajgogr3A%3BFQaUMAId0rKM-Smx5pTW7Y87hzGdFtpacYfqOA&t=h&mra=ls&z=10"]Durango, CO to State Police - Google Maps[/ame]

Ugh. I forgot the press release:

News Release: Active Investigation Continues in Search for Dylan Redwine with Search of Area Lakes
Date: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 4:00 PM MST

Durango, CO – The Dylan Redwine Task Force (comprised of members of the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Colorado Bureau of Investigation, Durango Police Department and Bayfield Marshall’s Office) continues its active investigation in the disappearance of 13-year old Dylan Redwine who has been missing from his father’s house since Monday, November 19.

This morning, three boats equipped with sonar resumed a search of Vallecito Reservoir and the Task Force is searching the shoreline of Vallecito Lake. “We have no new tips that have sent us back to the lake, but we’re checking in case changes in water and lake conditions could have resulted in any changes from last week,” said Dan Bender, Public Information Officer for the Dylan Redwine Task Force. “Those searches have not found anything at this time, but are continuing throughout the day today.”

A helicopter from the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office in New Mexico searched area lakes in La Plata County this afternoon. Those lakes include: Vallecito Reservoir, Lemon Reservoir, Haviland Lake, Lake Nighthorse and Electra Lake. “These new searches are not based on any new tips either,” clarified Sgt. Bender. “We are just trying to be as thorough as possible and look as many places as we can for Dylan.”

Based on video footage from the Durango-La Plata County Airport of Dylan arriving in Durango on Sunday, November 18, and a visit on Sunday to the Durango Wal-Mart, investigators determined that Dylan was wearing the following:
• A blue baseball cap with a white front panel with the words “Duke Blue Devils” in blue on the white panel;
• A black, short-sleeved T-shirt with the large letters “DC” (possibly in grey) on the front within a thin light-colored square border around the DC logo;
• A pair of black basketball shorts that went below the knee with light-colored (possibly light blue and white) stripes on the sides; and
• Black-colored “Jordan” shoes with a white tongue and white shoelace area.

Citizens who have information that may aid in the search for Dylan are asked to leave a voicemail message on the Dylan Redwine Tip Line at 970-382-7511. If a citizen wants a return call from law enforcement, they must leave their contact information, but anonymous tips are also acceptable. This tip line is not a manned telephone number and it is not a way to get information about the search.

The Task Force is still requesting any recreational video footage or photographs that include vehicles traveling on any routes between Durango and Vallecito Lake, taken between 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 18 through noon on Monday November 19. Citizens who have video footage or photographs that may be helpful to the investigation are asked to call dispatch at (970) 385-2900 to make an arrangement to get a copy of the footage or photographs to the Task Force.

The Durango La Plata Crime Stoppers also has a cash reward for information leading to Dylan’s whereabouts. Crime Stoppers can be reached at 970-247-1112.

Citizens may also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST
(1-800-843-5678).

MOO but much to the contrary of the opinion that establishing specifics about Dylans whereabouts on Sunday NOT BEING RELEVANT TO THE CAUSE OF FINDING HIM AND THAT HE WENT MISSING on MONDAY..

Strictly jmo but the above LE statements IMO speak to the exact opposite of that in that IMO and IMO ONLY this is exactly what LE are focused on, Sunday night...NOT MONDAY MORNING like I believe some want very badly for the focus to be on those Monday morning hours..

I fully believe LE know ALOT MORE and know where the info lies..jmo.

Whew well this clears up one thing that has been debated continously.

From the News Release...

Based on video footage from the Durango-La Plata County Airport of Dylan arriving in Durango on Sunday, November 18, and a visit on Sunday to the Durango Wal-Mart, investigators determined that Dylan was wearing the following:

And a lot of Super Walmart stores has a MDs inside.

So it means Mr. Redwine was telling the truth and imo he has been truthful throughout.

IMO

I think someone (or a few people) checked that Walmart for an internal McD's and that was a negative.

So the clothes in the pictures are the clothes he went missing in? The next day? Hmmm

He sounds like the typical 13 year old boy to me. I know some that would wear the same thing everyday if their parents would let them. 13 year old boys typically arent into all the fashion rave yet.

:)

The one thing I noticed is that the DC shirt he is wearing in the walmart pics doesn't match the description of what he was last seen wearing. (Nike shirt)...

So I guess he didn't just go to bed in what he wore that night...or...he got up at some point and changed his shirt?

It sure appears LE is working hard to try and find Dylan.

I think someone (or a few people) checked that Walmart for an internal McD's and that was a negative.

Oh thanks. They probably have that one too but just posted about the one at Walmart where they could see clearly what he was wearing.

They arent coming out and asking the public to call in if they saw Dylan and his dad at MDs. Imo, they already know they were there.

IMO

What else could the friends do? I believe they said they tried both texting and calling.

And it is possible they each assumed he was texting the others. If I don't hear from my best friend all day I assume she is busy and will catch up with me when she can. After a couple days I might text one of her kids and check on her but I don't jump to that right off the bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Dylan intended to get up and catch a ride with his dad at 6:30 am because he intended to meet his friends for a game of baseball.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../03/ng.01.html

BBM

This made me cry. Can't you see the other kids there at the field/park waiting for Dylan to show up....I bet he loved playing baseball...

The released pictures make me feel like LE believes the father's story. While LE may not believe that Dylan is a runaway, I feel like they now do believe that he left that morning to go see his friends but never made it (foul play or accident), or he went out and about on his own and met a similar fate.

There is still an outside but very small chance that he got overwhelmed about his mother and father's constant bickering and is being 'protected' by someone no one yet suspects. No one knows how Dylan really felt about the divorce, and what was going on in his head. Just because he texted his mom a negative emoticon doesn't mean that he wasn't doing so just to make her feel 'justified' about her dislike of having to send him to her ex-husband. Dylan could have very well wanted to be there but was perhaps playing the part his mother wanted him to play.

MOO but much to the contrary of the opinion that establishing specifics about Dylans whereabouts on Sunday NOT BEING RELEVANT TO THE CAUSE OF FINDING HIM AND THAT HE WENT MISSING on MONDAY..

Strictly jmo but the above LE statements IMO speak to the exact opposite of that in that IMO and IMO ONLY this is exactly what LE are focused on, Sunday night...NOT MONDAY MORNING like I believe some want very badly for the focus to be on those Monday morning hours..

I fully believe LE know ALOT MORE and know where the info lies..jmo.

Hows that?

They want people to know what he was wearing so they took the video footage they have.

I dont see how that equates to thinking Dylan went missing Sunday though.

They havent asked for anyone to call in if they saw Dylan and MR Sunday night and if they thought it happened then ...........they would be very specific. I hope they have also found video of them traveling to MRs home.

It seems by the press release they are really stumped and dont know what happened to Dylan but arent giving up searching for him.

For days some posters have been saying he never even made it to Walmart but now we know he did.

IMO

Sorry to ask but is there a good map of all these places we talk about. The house, the bodies of water they are searching and perhaps where he was wanting to head out to that day. It would surely help me.

I tried Bing map the other evening and found what I thought was the MR home. But it looked like there was some kind of business just down the road and across the street.

Has that been discussed what kind of business that would be...if my map was right?

I am not the best map person.

TIA

You know I find it a bit strange that those that know Dylans habits of texting a lot didn't ever question when they didn't hear from him all day long.

I believe his friends said they tried texting and calling on Monday

Is it just me, or do Dylan's eyes look very red in the second photo? That's the first thing I noticed.

He stayed up until 4 a.m. on the morning of his flight, therefore, his eyes could very well be red. In addition, it is my opinion that is the reason he went to bed earlier than normal on Sunday night and did not want to get up early on Monday morning.

Prayers for Dylan to be returned safely and for his parents.

There are many hours that MR is accounted for with Dylan. There are also many hours where there would be no video etc. and perhaps nobody to verify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member