CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't most fathers prefer to get along with their ex for their missing son's sake? That's how I take it anyway. Not seeing eye to eye is practically the norm for a lot of divorced couples, particularly over their children. But when a tragedy hits like this, I agree with him, they should be coming together and giving each other support... not fighting.

It really depends on their history. eg theres no way one of my friends would ever choose to be in the same room as her ex,even if their child was missing, she is absolutely terrified of him. Her terror is real because of what he put her and their child through and the threats he made against them. her and the child have been having counselling for 5 years and both are still extremely traumatised.

Mark Redwine did say in one of the interviews that it was a bone of contention between he and Elaine, Dylan flying non-stop verses a connecting flight. So that gives me the impression there may be a non-stop option, jmo

I suspect it was a source of contention, but it's possible (for the sake of argument) that she wanted direct and he couldn't find it. That could have been the source of contention.

If my husband told me there was no non-stop flight, I'd totally doubt him. That small of a distance? That seems so unlikely to me. Maybe it seemed wrong to ER as well.

Who knows.

Wouldn't most fathers prefer to get along with their ex for their missing son's sake? That's how I take it anyway. Not seeing eye to eye is practically the norm for a lot of divorced couples, particularly over their children. But when a tragedy hits like this, I agree with him, they should be coming together and giving each other support... not fighting.

I listened and read everything he has said, that we're privy to. IMO his purpose for speaking with the media thus far has been to say..... Quit looking at me and to talk about his ex and getting together with her. His son missing seems not as important as quit looking at me...& his ex should get together with him.

All imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His last visit was Labor Day weekend, that's September. This was his first visit since the custody change on Sept. 21. Not that it really makes any difference. I'm just a stickler for details.

There could be a lot of things that could account for that (which I included in my outline in the last thread). I'd really like to know what may have happened TO DYLAN between 7:30 and 11:30 am, but it's hard to discuss that because nobody wants to talk about him - MR is more important. MOO

Not saying that Mark is more important.

LE wants video/pics from anyone who shot any between 6:00 p.m. Sunday to noon Monday (which includes the hours your inquiring about).

LE has stated that this is a criminal investigation

Remember, in the case of Jessica Ridgeway, LE did specify that the parents were cleared and not suspects. In this case, LE is not calling Mark a suspect, but have also not cleared him or released any information from their investigation.

IF - IF Mark has not disclosed everything or has been dishonest, its hard to focus on Dylan if LE is being led astray. It just comes back to Mark, with the question of 'Why?'

Mark is one focus because he was the last to see Dylan. How many times have we read that the last person to see someone is where the investigation begins? Am getting the impression(its jmo) that they are not able to verify his entire account of those 18 hours. Why?

Does anyone else find it unusual that in that Walmart image, that we only see Dylan and not Mark? What are your thoughts on this? Thanks! :)

His last visit was Labor Day weekend, that's September. This was his first visit since the custody change on Sept. 21. Not that it really makes any difference. I'm just a stickler for details.

There could be a lot of things that could account for that (which I included in my outline in the last thread). I'd really like to know what may have happened TO DYLAN between 7:30 and 11:30 am, but it's hard to discuss that because nobody wants to talk about him - MR is more important. MOO

IMO that's not true! Finding Dylan is why we're all here. We have discussed every single possibility.
The only thing we really haven't been able to talk about till now is dad.

I have not seen anything on the plans for Dylan to return to his home in Colorado Springs. When both parents mentioned Castle Rock, I wondered if perhaps dad was going to drop Dylan off in Colorado Springs on his way home? Or perhaps with family in Castle Rock?

Just me wondering...

Oh, my Dylan....I'm so sorry for all the pain and family turmoil you have endured in 13 years...but I so want you to come home....I really want you to be hiding somewhere safe....but as each day passes, I'm so afraid you are gone...Everynight,

:please::please::please:

Dad didn't even know if he was going to go to Castle Rock. He said maybe they were going to visit his brother, or maybe they were going to stay at home. So I don't think there could have been a plan to drop him off there.

I would assume Mark wasn't shown in any photos because LE didn't want to spark wild speculation about the expressions on his face, or what was in his cart, or anything like that. You can't tell anything from most of these online pictures. People can say "black eye", "crying", "scowling", "sad", etc, but I think it's impossible to make out anything, so they probably didn't want to go there. The purpose was to show his clothing, and to show that yes he did at least arrive.

Not saying that Mark is more important.

LE wants video/pics from anyone who shot any between 6:00 p.m. Sunday to noon Monday (which includes the hours your inquiring about).

LE has stated that this is a criminal investigation

Remember, in the case of Jessica Ridgeway, LE did specify that the parents were cleared and not suspects. In this case, LE is not calling Mark a suspect, but have also not cleared him or released any information from their investigation.

IF - IF Mark has not disclosed everything or has been dishonest, its hard to focus on Dylan if LE is being led astray. It just comes back to Mark, with the question of 'Why?'

Mark is one focus because he was the last to see Dylan. How many times have we read that the last person to see someone is where the investigation begins? Am getting the impression(its jmo) that they are not able to verify his entire account of those 18 hours. Why?

Does anyone else find it unusual that in that Walmart image, that we only see Dylan and not Mark? What are your thoughts on this? Thanks! :)

Dylan's Walmart image looks cropped and zoomed to me

@ irisheyes
Thank you for your input, I myself have more than one abusive ex and my daughter went through a lot of therapy and the CFI went and gave us exactly joint custody even though my daughter didn't want to spend more time with her dad.
All I can say is I am trying so incredibly hard to be objective.

I suspect it was a source of contention, but it's possible (for the sake of argument) that she wanted direct and he couldn't find it. That could have been the source of contention.

If my husband told me there was no non-stop flight, I'd totally doubt him. That small of a distance? That seems so unlikely to me. Maybe it seemed wrong to ER as well.

Who knows.

I live about 4 hours from Durango and I can't find any nonstop flights. They all have one stop and that is from Albuquerque, a fairly major airport/city.

LE would have no reason to show Dylan's father in Walmart; if Dylan was there, his father was there with him, and he (Dad) is not missing.

IMO that's not true! Finding Dylan is why we're all here. We have discussed every single possibility.
The only thing we really haven't been able to talk about till now is dad.

I agree. I've been personally desperately searching for every little shrivel of evidence that points to the possibility that Dylan was not harmed by his father. I'm just struggling to find anything, at all. Every day I start out hopeful, and another bit of information comes out that smashes my hope to bits.

I think it just seems like we are talking so much about Dad because there is very little evidence in the columns to support other theories so far. Do we have any factors that point to Dad not being involved besides LE saying they haven't officially named him (or anyone) as a suspect or POI?

That's a good question Joanne65. What were the plans for Dylan's return to Colorado Springs? Did he have a round trip ticket or was it just one way? It is kind of strange to be mulling over a drive or some kind of trip even further away than Colorado Springs for the Thanksgiving Thursday and not have that plan already cemented by Sunday night.

MOO

In the MR interview, he mentions the previous September trip as a 'round trip' ticket, but does not mention the status of the current trip.

I would assume Mark wasn't shown in any photos because LE didn't want to spark wild speculation about the expressions on his face, or what was in his cart, or anything like that. You can't tell anything from most of these online pictures. People can say "black eye", "crying", "scowling", "sad", etc, but I think it's impossible to make out anything, so they probably didn't want to go there. The purpose was to show his clothing, and to show that yes he did at least arrive.

Thanks! So obvious, but it just didn't come to mind! And yes, the clothing was the main purpose. Which I knew, but then wondered where dad was! ;)

Its very interesting that Dylan was last reported seen in the clothing he wore on his flight to Durango. If he was abducted from his dad's house, did he sleep in his clothing? Why?
Did mom ever reveal if Dylan slept in his clothes at any time in the past? Is this information that LE is not releasing to the public, if they have such knowledge?

Thanks! So obvious, but it just didn't come to mind! And yes, the clothing was the main purpose. Which I knew, but then wondered where dad was! ;)

Its very interesting that Dylan was last reported seen in the clothing he wore on his flight to Durango. If he was abducted from his dad's house, did he sleep in his clothing? Why?
Did mom ever reveal if Dylan slept in his clothes at any time in the past? Is this information that LE is not releasing to the public, if they have such knowledge?
BBM

They have never said he was wearing those clothes; they said he was last seen wearing them. Because MR has said that DR was still in bed when he left, nobody knows what he was wearing on Monday. MOO

Dad didn't even know if he was going to go to Castle Rock. He said maybe they were going to visit his brother, or maybe they were going to stay at home. So I don't think there could have been a plan to drop him off there.

It's just the location of the places. Flying from Co Springs to Durango, to just drive back the same way and further to Castle Rock (near Denver). Look at a map. It's just a weird way to think about a trip like that, kinda flakey, esp for a truck driver. Maybe for a truck driver along trip like that is no big deal, but then why did they have him fly in the first place and not just drive to go pick him up?

I agree. I've been personally desperately searching for every little shrivel of evidence that points to the possibility that Dylan was not harmed by his father. I'm just struggling to find anything, at all. Every day I start out hopeful, and another bit of information comes out that smashes my hope to bits.

I think it just seems like we are talking so much about Dad because there is very little evidence in the columns to support other theories so far. Do we have any factors that point to Dad not being involved besides LE saying they haven't officially named him (or anyone) as a suspect or POI?

I'm still trying to think of something, but keep coming up short. Have read these threads off and on and have seen many say that the other paths they try end up leading them back to the dad.

I'm curious to why Dylan's fishing pole was important to Mark at the beginning (why didn't they search the lake sooner since he likely had his fishing pole with him, he said) but now we aren't hearing anything else about it? Has it been located either out and about or in dad's house? How would they know for sure if there was a fishing pole that belonged to Dylan specifically? If it was dad's pole and he let Dylan use it, his prints would be on it. This is something I have wanted answers to.

Another question. LE calls this a criminal investigation. Wouldn't that implore Mark to plead for whoever abducted Dylan to return him safely? Why hasn't he? I can understand why Elaine would not, but why not Mark?

No clear details have really been released about the clothing. What I got was that there were clothes tucked behind the couch when Mark got home.

The wording I read was something like LE suspected Dylan was wearing the same clothes in the picture when he disappeared - but they have not said why he would be wearing the same clothes the next day.

My best guess (if you are going with the Mark is telling the truth scenario) is he changed into some pjs. Then that morning changed back into his clothes from the day before, because he likes them. Maybe they think that because he didn't leave them behind and probably wouldn't pack dirty clothes in his backpack for any reason. And maybe it appears he didn't take any other clothes with him. If he's not a stinky kid, or a particularly oily kid, that's seems pretty normal. Especially if he picked out his favorite clothes to visit his friends.

In my family none of us could last more than a day in the same shirt, and in summer we have to change multiple times per day. We have stinky genes! But my husband - he can wear the same shirt all week and not take any showers, and nobody would be able to tell.

It's just the location of the places. Flying from Co Springs to Durango, to just drive back the same way and further to Castle Rock (near Denver). Look at a map. It's just a weird way to think about a trip like that, kinda flakey, esp for a truck driver. Maybe for a truck driver along trip like that is no big deal, but then why did they have him fly in the first place and not just drive to go pick him up?

Maybe he wanted him to fly there so they could spend more time together, especially if the flight was delayed a day. If they drove to his brother's place, they'd have half a day alone together in the car and be able to do a lot of talking/bonding. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne