CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been away from the computer all day again, and have not been ble to read every single post so far. But it is very interesting that they are doing the search between Durango and Vallectio, as opposed to starting in Vallecito and going towards Bayfield. Seems they are still leaning towards the dad as a possible suspicious party in this case, imo. Otherwise they would be focusing more on the path to B-town, where Dylan would have been hitchhiking to. jmo

To answer the "what would you ask the family or LE you could ask them a question", mine would be 'what does dad's cell phone record look like?' To support Mark's story, it would have to be on when Dylan is not by his side and it would have to match where he said he traveled.

If it was on all the time and shows his every move (and he didn't stop in a woods somewhere, or drive by the lake), that could explain why LE is not calling him a suspect.

I'd also like to see the what the conversation with the friend and past friends has entailed. Track record from the night before seems to be that Dylan contacts his friends when plans change. Yet that morning he doesn't, even though he's stood them up, and then potentially starts walking to go visit other friends in another city without contacting them either. I'd like to know if this is Dylan's usual pattern of communication with friends, and he often changes plans at the last minute without talking to anyone.

Been away from the computer all day again, and have not been ble to read every single post so far. But it is very interesting that they are doing the search between Durango and Vallectio, as opposed to starting in Vallecito and going towards Bayfield. Seems they are still leaning towards the dad as a possible suspicious party in this case, imo. Otherwise they would be focusing more on the path to B-town, where Dylan would have been hitchhiking to. jmo

Maybe that area was the focus in the beginning, it was already thoroughly searched over and over, so they want to try a different area now (one that just happens to be an area that points more to Dad as a participant)?

I thought someone posted was previously charged with drunk driving, and alcohol was mentioned in the incident in 2008. I think it's also likely that the "child neglect" charge was related to alcohol (I think Dylan was maybe 5ish?).

Does Elaine say that Mark is an alcoholic or accuse him of that? I must have missed that.

I worked at an alcohol and other drugs assessment center for a while. Multiple arrests that involved alcohol might seem innocent when spread this far apart, but when viewed in terms of an assessment it's seen as a very high indicator of an alcohol problem.

But either way it doesn't mean Mark was drinking that night. I think if he was, he'd have a much harder time cleaning up after an unplanned crime.

Mark alleged on a protection order affidavit that Elaine was drinking with the kids in the car. That is NOT THE SAME as Elaine facing charges for DUI. The news report did not indicate ANY criminal charges for Elaine whatsoever and I don't think the reporter said anyone in that family had been charged with alcohol related crimes. She did say Cory had some minor alcohol and drug charges, but nothing specific was said.

There was, however, the other incident where Mark's criminal charges were brought up but I don't think those events were the ones that caused the protection orders that each side filed against each other in the 2005 through 2008 time frame. Although I may be mistaken, I'm getting mixed up and just anxious for Dylan to be located!

Minus any use of alcohol, he does appear to have a temper/anger issues. But it could be totally between the two parents but some of the previous court documents point to a dysfunctional relationship that possibly involved the children....

Oh, I really do pray that alcohol is not a factor....

do we know that he has his CDL? Can't you work for a trucking company and not drive a truck? Dispatcher, supervisor?

Yes, but she said he used to drive truck. Plus a dispatcher wouldn't be away/on the road for extended periods of time.

Agreed about the temper, I think there is adequate charges and proof of temper issues.

Mark alleged on a protection order affidavit that Elaine was drinking with the kids in the car. That is NOT THE SAME as Elaine facing charges for DUI. The news report did not indicate ANY criminal charges for Elaine whatsoever and I don't think the reporter said anyone in that family had been charged with alcohol related crimes.

Yup, just the facts as we are allowed to discuss them. This is what I'm saying both ways- word of ex in bitter court battle can not be presumed fact. Jmo

Maybe that area was the focus in the beginning, it was already thoroughly searched over and over, so they want to try a different area now (one that just happens to be an area that points more to Dad as a participant)?

True. In the first several days they targeted the lake area, partially because dad gave them an important clue about Dylan's fishing pole being missing. But now they seem to be backtracking, by looking in the ditches that Dad's car passed on the way home from Walmart/Mcdonalds. I find it very revealing
that they are starting there and not continuing the search in Bayfield instead.

from my post yesterday/last night.....:banghead::banghead:

the report said - written by Mark - 7/4/08

While at his ______ house I was attacked and beaten then left for hours until I woke up and Corey admitted he was the one who beat me. A woman in the house several months ago Corey became violent with his ____ and tried to throw down a flight of stairs. ___ had numerous bruises and has admitted to me she can't control him and is afraid of him.

**I do not know what women/girl they are talking about - Mark did NOT say it was Elaine

the report written by Elaine on 7/4/08

Mark was having sex with a friend of ours in our yard under my window. Corey saw everything. Corey confronted mark. Mark got extremely beligerant as he was very drunk and grabbed me and took a swing at his son,
"D" reacted and hit Mark. He becomes extremely mean when drinking. Lets our 9 year old drive an ATV w/out him. The sheriff's office has spoken to him about this.

in 2005 mark wrote

2 years ago when living in Denver area she was bad about drinking and driving with kids. I removed the children from school because I was afraid she would pick them up drunk or after drinking.

reporter says - judge issued temp order for her to not be around kids while drinking or driving them ****I think for the next 2 years

This is what I transcribed...I may not be totally right but you get the picture and sorry if this has already been posted.

***transcribed from 9 new video of 12/6

Thank you for this, scorekeeper.. I admit and apologize for my above error of what year dad filed the "I suspect mom drank and drove with kids TWO YEARS PRIOR" papers... however I do stand by my opinion that the papers filed by Mark about his suspicion of mom TWO WHOLE YEARS PRIOR, drank and drove with kids is extremely difficult to take as truth..simply due to the fact that it is beyond nonsensical to wait TWO WHOLE ENTIRE CALENDAR YEARS to report such a negligent and abusive claim against his wife/estranged wife..

Jmo, tho..and again thanks, scorekeeper for reposting this particular information bringing to my attention my error posted upthread.

Yup, just the facts as we are allowed to discuss them. This is what I'm saying both ways- word of ex in bitter court battle can not be presumed fact. Jmo

All I can deduce from all the allegations is that the entire family, minus Dylan, is LIKELY a family with drinking and violent issues. How many are true and how many are false we will never know. I know this though, I don't know of any sober , pacifist people who 've been accused of drinking and violence ! Do you ? So probably there is at least some truth to ' most' of the allegations from all parties involved. A bad situation. :(
I also wonder if most of those allegations stemmed from one or two totally wild party nights, like a new years eve party kind of thing and maybe the rest of the time , things were placid? I hear you all groaning and rolling your eyes. I'm just saying it's possible that no one is an all day long drinker and fighter..... some nights might have gotten out of hand all these stories are from that.

YES , I heard your eyes rolling ;)

Hi Everyone.

I am on a bit of a time crunch her so I apologize for interrupting but is there a search for Dylan tomorrow? If so where is the info?

Thank you

````````

All I can deduce from all the allegations is that the entire family, minus Dylan, is LIKELY a family with drinking and violent issues. How many are true and how many are false we will never know. I know this though, I don't know of any sober , pacifist people who 've been accused of drinking and violence ! Do you ? So probably there is at least some truth to ' most' of the allegations from all parties involved. A bad situation. :(
I also wonder if most of those allegations stemmed from one or two totally wild party nights, like a new years eve party kind of thing and maybe the rest of the time , things were placid? I hear you all groaning and rolling your eyes. I'm just saying it's possible that no one is an all day long drinker and fighter..... some nights might have gotten out of hand all these stories are from that.

YES , I heard your eyes rolling ;)

Was this party after their divorce or prior to it? tia

Does either of the parents have DUI's??? How do we know anyone is an alcoholic?? People that drink occassionally do stupid things. Just because someone gets drunk doesn't mean they have a severe drinking problem.

And in an acrimonious situation, false accusations go both ways. It's the nature of the beast. He said/she said. That's all this is. If you give credence to one, you have to give credence to the other or throw them both out. They are both equal. IMO

Was this party after their divorce or prior to it? tia

Oh snap....... do we have to get so carried away with the dates?
I forgot about that part so I don't know. When ER saw MR having
sex with a friend in the front yard, I assumed they were married
or getting along well enough to socialize while divorcing?
IDK , none of it makes sense, does it?

Hi Everyone.

I am on a bit of a time crunch her so I apologize for interrupting but is there a search for Dylan tomorrow? If so where is the info?

Thank you

````````

Yes, a piece of the Durango Herald article regarding the search:

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...86/Community-search-planned-for-missing-boy--

"Volunteers will be assisting La Plata County Search and Rescue. They will meet at 8:30 a.m. Saturday at the Edgemont Ranch picnic area on the south side of Florida Road (County Road 240) just east of Edgemont Highlands and just west of the intersection of County Roads 240 and 234."

Does either of the parents have DUI's??? How do we know anyone is an alcoholic?? People that drink occassionally do stupid things. Just because someone gets drunk doesn't mean they have a severe drinking problem.

And in an acrimonious situation, false accusations go both ways. It's the nature of the beast. He said/she said. That's all this is. If you give credence to one, you have to give credence to the other or throw them both out. They are both equal. IMO

But it is not just a 'he said/she said' in the case of dad having sex outside in view of the family home. Because there were 'witnesses'---his sons. :mad:

Also, in the case where dad was arrested for menacing/assault/child abuse etc, it was a NEIGHBOR that called the cops, not mom. So it is not just a 'he said/she said situation. There were witnesses to Dad's volatility and temper tantrums.

But it is not just a 'he said/she said' in the case of dad having sex outside in view of the family home. Because there were 'witnesses'---his sons. :mad:

Also, in the case where dad was arrested for menacing/assault/child abuse etc, it was a NEIGHBOR that called the cops, not mom. So it is not just a 'he said/she said situation. There were witnesses to Dad's volatility and temper tantrums.

And Dad has some other charges from 1988 and 1992, Theft and Menacing. FWIW

Seriously though...who has sex in their front yard? Where their sons (and heaven knows who else) can see?

Seriously though...who has sex in their front yard? Where their sons (and heaven knows who else) can see?

And it must have been especially upsetting, since both Dylan and Cory actually lashed out physically at their father in response. It must have been very sick and twisted since it was a family friend, and he was drunk at the time.

I think of my kids and how much they love and respect their father. Even though they get angry with him occasionally, when they don't get their way about something, the truly adore and RESPECT him. I cannot imagine how heartbreaking it would be, for them to see him drunk and stumbling and having intercourse OUTSIDE, in front of their neighbors and friends. They would be HUMILIATED, which is the worst thing for an adolescent or teenager.

Reading about this part of the family history is what makes me even more curious about what happened Sunday night. If Dylan already had very little respect for his dad, then it is more likely that he talked back or defied his father, given the possible trigger, like being told to stop texting his friends, or hving a sensitive conversation about hos mom or big brother.. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3