CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never ever posted on a thread before. I honestly didn't even know what a thread was until this case. I have read every news article available on dylan redwine, added the "find dylan redwine" facebook page, and I have read every single post of all 12 threads on Dylan Redwine. I am getting to the point where i am obsessed- i can't stop thinking about this poor little boy and what could have happened to him. i dont know what it is about this case, but i cant stop reading everyones thoughts and opinions and seeing where mine matches/doesn't match. i think LE knows a lot more then they are letting on, imo, because my first question is....

If LE believes that this was an abduction and mark redwine "is not a suspect" and they think there was foul play by someone else... then why have they not put out an abduction alert for everyone in the community?

I have so many questions i want answered-but it is seeming like the LE is either going to release a little bit of information at a time, or none at all. I am hoping that we are able to get more information, so that everything starts to come together and make sense unlike now.

I suspect that LE is building a case, maybe against MR? Hope they get some clues with tomorrows search.

I have never ever posted on a thread before. I honestly didn't even know what a thread was until this case. I have read every news article available on dylan redwine, added the "find dylan redwine" facebook page, and I have read every single post of all 12 threads on Dylan Redwine. I am getting to the point where i am obsessed- i can't stop thinking about this poor little boy and what could have happened to him. i dont know what it is about this case, but i cant stop reading everyones thoughts and opinions and seeing where mine matches/doesn't match. i think LE knows a lot more then they are letting on, imo, because my first question is....

If LE believes that this was an abduction and mark redwine "is not a suspect" and they think there was foul play by someone else... then why have they not put out an abduction alert for everyone in the community?

I have so many questions i want answered-but it is seeming like the LE is either going to release a little bit of information at a time, or none at all. I am hoping that we are able to get more information, so that everything starts to come together and make sense unlike now.

Welcome to WS; if you stick around you will find that each case seems to be handled differently by LE; sometimes they are vocal and give regular press conferences, and sometimes they barely say a word. But it is not very often they come out and say "there is a criminal on the loose", as they did do in the case of Jessica Ridgeway, the little girl murdered in Colorado a few months ago. But they were able to clear the parents within a few days and they announced that. We have not had that happen here.

When LE says someone is "not a suspect" it doesn't always mean they are not a suspect. It just means they are not naming them at this time. I tend to go by what LE is doing, rather than what they are saying. If they thought Dylan was abducted and taken away, I don't know that looking at the road where Dylan and his father should have traveled on Sunday night would be relevant.

Paul, the next time you talk to your SAR friend, let him know how much the work that he does is appreciated by us and that we realize that it takes a special kind of person and commitment to do this for others!!

Will do. They are one of the best SAR groups in the country and rescue a lot of hikers and other missing people.

Welcome to Websleuths, daniellealyssa! Great first post! So glad you decided to jump in. Like you, we all have so many questions...really hoping the answers are just around the corner for all of us.

:welcome6::balloons::greetings:

I am going to try my best to be down in the basement posting on the scanner thread tomorrow. Got my alarm set.

Would much rather wake to the news that Dylan has been found safe....

((((searchers)))) especially our very own (((Ransom))))

I think it's possible MR is responsible for dylans disappearance.
I do not thing anything else is probable.
I don't think dad bought harmful things at walmart that night.
I am on the fence about premeditation.
Jmo.

I thinks the odds are that MR was involved, but I'm still open to stranger abduction because LE has not officially named MR a suspect or a POI. However, I don't get the sense that premeditation was involved. Some people just set of my sociopath-dar, like Susan Smith or Casey Anthony. With MR, I've long felt that substance abuse could prove to be an issue - not that that excuses anything, if he's responsible, but it's just a different dynamic.
moo

When is Dylan's birthday?

Dylan's birthday is 2/6/99

He needs to be home to celebrate. He needs to be home for Christmas to get his cool new phone from his mom. And he needs to be home to realize that there's ALOT of love in this world for him.

Have we heard anything more from any of his friends, either in Bayfield or even near his mom's place as to what was his frame of mind, etc.?? I would think that kids talk.... and was hoping that one of them could shed some light.... Frustrating to not be able to find him...or feel like we're helping...

Well I really hope for some news; any news tomorrow. Where are you kiddo? I hope someone finds you!

Welcome to WS; if you stick around you will find that each case seems to be handled differently by LE; sometimes they are vocal and give regular press conferences, and sometimes they barely say a word. But it is not very often they come out and say "there is a criminal on the loose", as they did do in the case of Jessica Ridgeway, the little girl murdered in Colorado a few months ago. But they were able to clear the parents within a few days and they announced that. We have not had that happen here.

When LE says someone is "not a suspect" it doesn't always mean they are not a suspect. It just means they are not naming them at this time. I tend to go by what LE is doing, rather than what they are saying. If they thought Dylan was abducted and taken away, I don't know that looking at the road where Dylan and his father should have traveled on Sunday night would be relevant.
I agree that this seems to point toward MR. Their earlier statement indicating that the trail had gone cold was made shortly before they planned this search. I think that means that they don't currently have much on MR, but he's the most likely suspect they have at this point.

I thinks the odds are that MR was involved, but I'm still open to stranger abduction because LE has not officially named MR a suspect or a POI. However, I don't get the sense that premeditation was involved. Some people just set of my sociopath-dar, like Susan Smith or Casey Anthony. With MR, I've long felt that substance abuse could prove to be an issue - not that that excuses anything, if he's responsible, but it's just a different dynamic.
moo

Yeah. I've been wondering about substance abuse too with MR. Right from the start I was feeling uncomfortable with his story. I just keep hoping I'm wrong, but sadly don't think so.
I'm on the fence, leaning and hanging on tight about premeditation. However, I think at some point at least it was. And then acted upon. I so hope I'm wrong but I just don't think so.
Jmo

The way I understand the July 4, 2008 incident -

Corey beats up dad (Mark) for having sex with another woman under mom's bedroom window
dad says he was beaten and attacked and left for hours until he woke up and dad says Corey later told him that he was the one that beat him up

So dad pretty much verified Corey's actions

As to dad's statement about mom driving the kids around after drinking, heck dad could have also been in the car...just saying

True. But if I were a defense attorney, I could knock holes in that story. Cory would have been around 17, teenage boys don't need a whole lot to make them lose their temper, especially if Mom cries foul. Mom could have exaggerated, and since it was apparent that the kids witnessed a lot of hostility when they were together, she could have played on that to alienate the boys from their dad.
Plus, if there was a party going on, why did dad and this woman pick that spot, right under her bedroom window? How would he have known that she would be in her bedroom to see it? And how DID she come to see this? Or maybe they were looking for a secluded spot away from the neighbors and she followed them. IDK, the whole thing just doesn't make sense.
Not saying it didn't happen, but the whole thing could have been blown way out of proportion to ensure that she would get full custody of Dylan. Likewise, Dad could have made up the story of her driving drunk for the same reasons.
I assume these allegations were for the custody hearing, and not the divorce. Correct me if I'm wrong.
But IMO, it still doesn't mean he would be capable of killing his son.

I still don't know if Dylan ever made it to Dad's house Sunday night. Waiting for LE to give some confirmation on that. Tomorrow's search route only intensifies my fears.

Praying for Ransom and all the searchers tomorrow. Be safe.

Where are you, Dylan? :please:

Do you really think MR took his own child into Walmart to buy the items he needed to kill him and dispose of his body? Just blatantly prepared his kill kit in front of his child and witnesses just 24 hrs before he reports his child missing? Oh, and also purchased the fishing pole that would serve to be his alibi at the same time?

No, Mark is too smart to do that. If he needed anything, he would have placed it in his truck before he picked up Dylan at the airport.

Now that everybody else is done talking about it, I wanted to comment on the minimum age for a child to be alone. As always - a day late and a dollar short!

From what I've been told, my understanding is that most states don't set a minimum age; it's basically up to Social Services. In most states they have guidelines, but no definite minimum. They usually have guidelines that they follow to some extent, but there are also criteria the child has to be able to meet. Mainly things like knowing what to do in an emergency (how to dial 911), knowing not to let strangers in, proven to be able to do things for themselves, not afraid to be alone, etc. If SS determines that a child is left alone before ready, they can go to the police who can charge the parents with child endangerment, but the police don't normally make that decision. I'm not sure what it is in other places, but a 13 year old here can be left alone for up to 12 hours.

First of all, WELCOME!
Secondly I love your post!
Thirdly is to LE!
If we have a child abducter, running loose, who might abduct another, please be responsible and let us know so we can protect our children! It's only responsible! We count on LE! Please inform us if we need to be extra vigilant regarding our children, who matters the very most of anything and everything!
Jmo

Child predators are everywhere, always be extra vigilant. A child's life may depend on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF if if...his father is involved, as far as premeditation goes, it may have been something like "if he says one word about not wanting to be here" etc..

I hope they find him tomorrow, I will say more prayers for him and to aid the searchers.
These SAR folks are awesome!
I have to go to bed, been a long day.

Yeah. I've been wondering about substance abuse too with MR. Right from the start I was feeling uncomfortable with his story. I just keep hoping I'm wrong, but sadly don't think so.
I'm on the fence, leaning and hanging on tight about premeditation. However, I think at some point at least it was. And then acted upon. I so hope I'm wrong but I just don't think so.
Jmo

I think that, in the eyes of the law, premeditation can happen in mere seconds before the act occurred so, technically, yes..it could have been premeditated.
However, I'm just not sure that MR went to court to get visitation so that he could kill Dylan to hurt ER. He may have gotten the visitation over the holiday just to hurt her by keeping Dylan from her during the holidays - I'll buy that in a heartbeat. But, if he is responsible, I think it is just because all the years of anger and tension boiled over.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member