CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read a "COMMENT" on the Find DR Facebook page from 6 hours ago that kind of took my breath away and I'm still unsure what to make of it. Since it's Facebook, and a comment from a poster, it could be from anyone, but it is interesting to say the least.

You can find the post/comment by looking on the right side of the page under RECENT POSTS by others. You have to expand (click on SEE ALL posts) - then scroll down a ways until you see a poster DW - and look under comments. It appears to be from a poster who has the Find Dylan Poster as his/her photo. You'll have to read the rest as I do not want to copy what was written. The comment is from the individual that has the photo of the Find Dylan flyer as his/her photo - from 6 hours ago. Hmmmmmmmmmm Mod, please delete if not permitted.

That comment was made by one of the admins of the Find Missing Dylan Redwine page (there seems to be two admins - one Denise and the other Katt). I am also guessing it is just another positive post that has been mis-worded. In all of their posts they speak in the present tense about DR - they are hopeful that he is alive somewhere. Many of their status updates and other posts are messages for Dylan - probably on the off chance that he is able to read them and know they are still looking for him and keeping positive.

No offense, but why allow 16+ threads and hundreds upon hundreds of accusatory posts about a victim, and then decide to appeal to reason?

Again, please don't take that in the wrong way, but it sure doesn't make sense when the rules are utterly abandoned for some victims and not for others.

Rationalize the decision to do so all you want, but it isn't right.

MOO

Tonto - your comments (and frustration) have been noted. This is not the place to have this discussion as this is a topic that is better discussed through the private messaging feature here at WS. Keeps it from derailing the threads.

I will say - each case at WS is treated somewhat differently depending on the circumstances of the case and the cues we get from LE. Sometimes it is necessary to make tough decisions and we know that not everyone will agree. But we do the best we can.

Salem

Tonto - your comments (and frustration) have been noted. This is not the place to have this discussion as this is a topic that is better discussed through the private messaging feature here at WS. Keeps it from derailing the threads.

I will say - each case at WS is treated somewhat differently depending on the circumstances of the case and the cues we get from LE. Sometimes it is necessary to make tough decisions and we know that not everyone will agree. But we do the best we can.

Salem

Does that mean that LE did suggest that MR was involved? (Or at least give cues that I missed?) I'm not arguing, this time, but curious to know if there was one particular thing that pointed in that direction. Thanks.

Salem

Understood and thanks. I'm just trying to put myself in the shoes of a potentially innocent father and what the effects of this mountain of scrutiny could be doing to him psychologically.

wow..one can only wish that something such as Dylan being alive and well and able to be home for Christmas really and truly was found to be actually true.. My God what an awesome revelation that would be and one I cannot wish more is true..

I wish oh how I so very wish that it was found that mom, or someone else who was just so sick of Dylan's being in this mess of utter dysfunction so very badly that they had staged this entire "hoax".. or hell even if mom did because she is not stable and it was a way at getting back at an ex spouse with whom they clearly share extreme dislike immensely for one another..

Imo I could care less what the motive was behind it whether for good intent on Dylan's behalf...or whether for full selfish gain and nefarious intent...either way it would mean there is an alive and well Dylan..and IMO that's what's most important.. the entire rest of the BS, no matter how bad, it can always be worked through..or even remove Dylan from such a situation..just as long as he's alive is all that matters..

oh I very much do wish that was true.

FB page admin or not I totally took the comment to be a show of optimism, not knowledge. Anyone who "knows" that Dylan is safe and sound right now is a part of a criminal act.

FB page admin or not I totally took the comment to be a show of optimism, not knowledge. Anyone who "knows" that Dylan is safe and sound right now is a part of a criminal act.

I agree, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was all over the internet by this time tomorrow that he's been found safe and will be home by Christmas

BTW please please please leave my children out of this, drag me, drag MR through the mud, but not my kids.

I have held my breath long enough, let me introduce myself, I am MR's first ex wife. I joined this website because I saw that you all were looking up information on my children. They are innocent, they are hurting, they are real.

Go for it, check me out, email me, google me, do whatever you want. My name is Elizabeth J Roser, it changed to Redwine after we got divorced and it is now Horvath.

Let me tell you something about MR, the mods can stop me, but honestly I am absolutely sick by all of this.

We did not have the perfect marriage, young, niave, whatever. But he did act like a father to my daughter, we created two wonderful, beautiful, caring boys. He was not nice, he is a manipulator, a con artist and an abuser.

I'm done being nice, I'm done being evasive. I will allow all of you to look up our court records, look up our police reports. Mark is NOT a nice person. I'll go to court and defend that statement. There is not enough time or space for me to say what all he did to me and my children.

Have any of you wondered why two of his children refuse to talk to him, but they have a connection with Elaine? That is because she was the person that I felt would care for my children, would make sure they were taken care of. I have not spent a lot of time with her, but I can tell you this, I would trust her with my grandchildren any time, any day, any where. But I sure as heck would not Mark to even know they exist.

Did any of you wonder why it was that he never particpated in a search until AFTER the media was involved. Why his comments are directed toward Elaine knowing everything vs where is my son? The guy is nuts! He abused me, check the records, he abused our children, check the records. I have no doubt that Mark did something IMO.

I don't know all the rules on this site, I don't know if I'm out of line. I just don't know. But what I can tell you is that I have children, (yes they are adults) and grandchildren, that know this man more than any of you will ever know him. They are scared for Dylan, they hurt for Dylan and they worry about Dylan. I as a mother, cry, pray and hurt for Elaine each and every second of every day. Ask yourselves, why would WE, people that Mark has not been involved with (oh other than to sign over custody of his two children) in over 8 years care more about this than Mark.

As an FYI, Mark and I just got done with court in about 2003 or 2004 and we divorced in 1989. He finally gave up his parental rights to his children, as long as I forego the $40000 + in unpaid child support.

He is a smoot operator and knows how to work people, just be careful.

Bless you. It took a lot of courage to come right out and say what you have said. I'm so glad someone finally did. I have said from the beginning that "something ain't right" with that guy. Nothing specific, just got that vibe from the few interviews I've seen, not to mention how hinky the whole missing story came across. I sure hope he didn't do anything to this precious boy...but I'm not holding my breath anymore. I will keep hoping and praying...for Dylan, his mom, his brothers and everyone who loves and cares for him.
Hang in there Mrs. Horvath. Your kids will need you now more than ever. I can't even begin to imagine.

:thewave:

Welcome [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=93668"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

BTW please please please leave my children out of this, drag me, drag MR through the mud, but not my kids.

Thank you for stepping up to be so honest with us. My heart goes out to Elaine and Dylan's siblings. I can't imagine how they are hurting but I'm glad that the boys have mothers like you & Elaine to turn to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for stepping up to be so honest with us. My heart goes out to Elaine and Dylan's siblings. I can't imagine how they are hurting but I'm glad that the boys have mothers like you & Elaine to turn to.

Thank you, not sure why they took my post down, but I am at peace for getting it off my chest.

For those wondering, some posts have been removed until the poster is verified.

Salem

Thank you, not sure why they took my post down, but I am at peace for getting it off my chest.

I think Salem's post explains why it was removed. I hope that you will be verified so that the post can be returned and others can hear what you have to say. It took a lot of courage to come forward the way you did. I applaud you for that.

I hope that Dylan will return home safely to his mother & siblings but sadly I fear your worst fears will be confirmed. My thoughts are with all of you that loved that little boy.

I think Salem's post explains why it was removed. I hope that you will be verified so that the post can be returned and others can hear what you have to say. It took a lot of courage to come forward the way you did. I applaud you for that.

I hope that Dylan will return home safely to his mother & siblings but sadly I fear your worst fears will be confirmed. My thoughts are with all of you that loved that little boy.

The same goes for me and I would just like to add azgrandma since I didn't understand the mail feature when I started here, you may want to check your private messages at the top right-hand corner of the page in case a WS Administrator has a message for you. :grouphug:

The same goes for me and I would just like to add azgrandma since I didn't understand the mail feature when I started here, you may want to check your private messages at the top right-hand corner of the page in case a WS Administrator has a message for you. :grouphug:

Good thinking. I'm a prolific user of PM's (like have to empty my box daily to make more room, lol) so I never think of that.

You know, for a moment or two today, with the hideous news coming out of CT, I thought that maybe if someone had Dylan hidden away for some stupid custody revenge act, that he would be returned. But I don't really think that is what has happened here. It never made sense to me, as there was no way to end it without facing charges and probably losing access to Dylan altogether.

If he is alive, by this time, I fear the worst possible things are happening to him. But I am afraid, equally, that he is not.

Is another major search set for this weekend, has there been any word? I know the weather is foul, but it is not going to improve for 4 -6 months up there. If no searching takes place, does that mean it is basically accepted that he is likely deceased but that it is too dangerous to keep searching ? I don't know what to think. All I know is that it does not pay to count on anyone confessing to a murder when a child is involved, it just does not happen. Not, anyway, unless a suspect is identified and able to be interviewed and confronted. with solid evidence.

With all of the exotic and over-the-top technology of today, nothing has helped much in handling cases like this one. LE still needs to have witnesses, or a license plate number, or DNA or prints, just like 50 years ago.

Yes, a photo can be transmitted instantly, but if the child has been taken by a predator and killed, the locating of the child is no easier.

I apologize for using the scenario that Dylan is not alive as a possibility. I loathe the thought of it, but there are so few alternatives that make any sense at this point, or wouldn't be almost as awful.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member