Dylan: can I come over early lkke 6 30 early tomarrow

Ryan: Yeah

Dylan: you better let me in

Ryan: I will

Ryan: im gonna be at my gmas

Dylan: i call (you) all day if you dont

Ryan: Ok

Dylan: will you gma care or be up

Ryan: Just come around to were the sliding door is were that room is and knock on it and i will wake up

Ryan: (Time 9:27 p.m. Nov. 18) Call me when you get here too

Ryan: (Tme: 6:46 a.m. Nov. 19) Where are you

I wish there were times listed for the above texts in between the 8:01 and 9:27pm text. Ryan thought Dylan would be awake at 9:27 so it's pretty obvious that Dylan falling asleep early is out of character. Also if Ryan texted at 6:46am Dylan definitely would have responded if he could have. I think all these theories about Dylan's phone dying or the battery going out etc etc are just ridiculous. What are the odds of that happening AND this child going missing at the same time. Something happened to Dylan after his last text to Ryan on Sunday night. I sure wish Dylan would have said why his Dad wouldn't let him go that night.

Seriously? As a custodial parent who receives a whopping $350.00 a month for my child, it doesn't even come close to what I pay each month for health care, child care, doctor visits, meds, clothing, food, school expenses, activities, etc. I know many parents who receive child support and still struggle to meet their child's needs.

I hate generalizations like that.

The trouble is, there are plenty of parents like that. I had a friend who got £600 a month for one child from her ex - as soon as he started paying it, she suddenly started wearing expensive jewellery, going out at the weekends (staying in hotels) and had a holiday to New York (leaving the child at home with her ex!!) Got to the point that her ex gave up his job as he resented that his money was funding her party lifestyle, not their 7 year old daughter.

Incidently, in the 10 years since I split with my ex husband, I have never received a single penny from him (neither is there a college fund!).

But, yes, there are plenty of parents that do pay up, and plenty of parents that spend it appropriately.

Whatever the case with Dylan, I just hope his family get some answers soon.

Sorry I've had the same thing said about me and I go without to make sure my child has everything he needs. Always have, always will. And those types of statements has been made by my son's so-called father, so it is a bit of a hot button.

Is there any indication, whatsoever, anywhere that Dylan's mom was using the child support money (assuming she was even getting it) for her own needs rather than Dylan's???

RSBM:

I never once accused that of ER. Again, I said I don't see the problem with having a separate college fund. I then said in my own personal experience (people I know) some custodial parents don't always use child support money on the child. I don't know ER so I would never assume that she didn't.

I really don't see the outrage at the college fund. Those who pay child support aren't guaranteed that money actually goes to the child. It's supposed to, of course, but does it always? I know more people than not who use their child support $$ for their own purpose than their childs. MOO

Seriously? A child needs more than spending money. They need a roof over their head, electricity and heat and food and medical care and school supplies and and and....the list goes on and on. Never have I seen one parent pay enough child support to cover all these expenses. I get irritated when people say the parent isn't spending the money on the child. Well if the child eats, has a bed and a roof over their head and clothes on I guarantee you the money is going toward the child.

Whatever benefit of the doubt I had left for MR has been obliterated by this text exchange.

I thought exactly the same thing. The early morning text from Dylan's friend does it for me. Surely if Dylan was awake enough to tell his Dad he understood he had missed his lift and that MR would be back at 11am to take him, then he was awake enough to check his phone and let his friend know.

Not only that, the previous evenings text conversation ends abruptly. Surely Dylan would have confirmed that, yes he would knock on that particular door.

All MOO

RSBM:

I never once accused that of ER. Again, I said I don't see the problem with having a separate college fund. I then said in my own personal experience (people I know) some custodial parents don't always use child support money on the child. I don't know ER so I would never assume that she didn't.

I was wrong to go on my tangent about my own experiences and won't talk about my situation anymore, because none of us really know the situation in the Redwine family.

I am not believing at all that Mark set up a college fund for Dylan and also strongly believe that if Elaine received child support for Dylan or Cory, that it was used appropriately. Just my opinion

I really don't see the outrage at the college fund. Those who pay child support aren't guaranteed that money actually goes to the child. It's supposed to, of course, but does it always? I know more people than not who use their child support $$ for their own purpose than their childs. MOO

the custodial parent is paying to put a roof over the childs head, food in their belly, clothes on their backs and all the other costs, like utilities, education. dental, medical, sports, activities and entertainment.

of course there are some NCP's who don't understand or care about the costs involved as long as it's the custodial parent bearing the load.

a college fund is a choice, raising a child is not

The article does say that they grabbed something to eat and then went to Walmart, though. Doesn't say specifically McD's.
Go back and read it, it's there.

So it does say :) Which brings me to my next point, this is a change in the story from what we have heard in the past. MR's story is changing.

Seriously? A child needs more than spending money. They need a roof over their head, electricity and heat and food and medical care and school supplies and and and....the list goes on and on. Never have I seen one parent pay enough child support to cover all these expenses. I get irritated when people say the parent isn't spending the money on the child. Well if the child eats, has a bed and a roof over their head and clothes on I guarantee you the money is going toward the child.

I have two children, so I'm quite aware of what they need. AGAIN, I did NOT state ER wasn't using child support money appropriately. I said in MY experience with people I know, more ofthen than not the $$ is going toward things having NOTHING to do with the child's well-being.

Are we not allowed to discuss both sides?

Dylan had a home (in fact, from the video on Durango Herald) an extremely lovely home. He seemed to have everything else a boy could want or need. He appears to have been well cared for. So obviously, Elaine insured that he was cared for so why is there any need to speculate about where the child support money went??

No, more like getting their hair and nails done. MOO

are you honestly saying that custodial parents use the child support on getting their hair and nails done and that the child doesn't have anything spent on their needs?

you know when they have spent pretty much every cent already on everyhting to provide a home food and education for the child I can't begrudge them spending some on themselves.

while it may seem that child support is whats being used for them its best to remember that their money has already been used towards their child.

So it does say :) Which brings me to my next point, this is a change in the story from what we have heard in the past. MR's story is changing.

To be fair, that's not a direct quote of Mark saying they went to eat and to buy groceries at WalMart. That's a reporter paraphrasing, and he/she could have switched the order Mark mentioned they occurred in.

I have two children, so I'm quite aware of what they need. AGAIN, I did NOT state ER wasn't using child support money appropriately. I said in MY experience with people I know, more ofthen than not the $$ is going toward things having NOTHING to do with the child's well-being.

Are we not allowed to discuss both sides?

It is seriously doubtful that MR had any money in a "college fund" for Dylan's education expenses when he was TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars behind in his child support payments.

I've been taking a break, trying to get some things done. Still no new news. Sorry to hear this. I wish the LE would say something. I got to thinking why there is such a big difference in JR's case and this one. I came up with the Westminster PD (JR's case) has the most up to date equipment, they are trained in newest technologies and know that using the media and the public can assist in their investigations. I don't know what La Plata co has, but it's been really hard to get over the differences until my mom explained all of this. (She knows Trevor, the officer that did all the pressors)

One BIG difference in Jessica Ridgeway's case is that her remains were found by two civilian trash service workers fairly quickly, and LE found the pentagram close by, which gave them a clue to finding the perp.
Sometimes these cases are solved by sheer luck. If those workers had not spotted the remains when they did, they might not have solved the case until another child went missing, and maybe not even then. Now that Lyric and Lizzie's remains have been found, they might be able to solve that case now as well.
Skills and good equipment help, of course. But it makes a huge difference when they have a body to work with.

One BIG difference in Jessica Ridgeway's case is that her remains were found by two civilian trash service workers fairly quickly, and LE found the pentagram close by, which gave them a clue to finding the perp.
Sometimes these cases are solved by sheer luck. If those workers had not spotted the remains when they did, they might not have solved the case until another child went missing, and maybe not even then. Now that Lyric and Lizzie's remains have been found, they might be able to solve that case now as well.
Skills and good equipment help, of course. But it makes a huge difference when they have a body to work with.

OT: Not trying to be argumentative, but it was a cross, not a pentagram.
I'm just a stickler for details.

To be fair, that's not a direct quote of Mark saying they went to eat and to buy groceries at WalMart. That's a reporter paraphrasing, and he/she could have switched the order Mark mentioned they occurred in.

Thank you for picking up on that.

Just reading along and it made me start thinking. I wonder what MR's life back in the woods was like? Did he have buddies that stopped by the house now and then. Have a few beers together or was he mostly a loner.

I am thinking and wondering if anybody dropped by MR"s house Sunday night. Maybe spent the night and offered DR a ride to his buddies home..never to be seen again.

It's never been asked and never been mentioned but I really wonder if anybody else was at that house that night and maybe even stayed the night!

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member