CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No! Thank you for sharing.

So... he had sweatpants. Why wasn't he wearing those on that cold Monday morning?

That video was published on Nov. 30th (Thurs). Which was the day of the search warrant too. Do we think the investigators took Dylan's sweatpants, iPod, and football initially when they looked in the house after he went missing or after the search warrant?

Was this the iPod we heard was taken out from the search warrant? Why wouldn't Dylan have the iPod in his bag if he set out to wherever he was going (hitching a ride to his friends, fishing, etc)?

why in the world would they take his nerf football?? :floorlaugh: its just silly.

I just cant buy that Dylan and his Dad shared that "Hallmark" evening Dad describes :waitasec: MOO

BBM
Please don't assume that some of us aren't/haven't. We are all seeing the same information here - isn't it reasonable or even expected that thinking people can see things from different perspectives - given that none of us know what the truth actually is?
I'm feel I am one of the few people here you could be referring to - maybe not. But I am just respectfully tossing around other options that I see could be viable. I haven't posted angrily or ridiculed anyone else's ideas - even if I have been able to see what I think is a more logical alternative.

Sometimes we reach a point where without more info from LE, all we can offer to a discussion like this is how we would act, or in this case how our own families would act. I have a 13yo son, and another who has passed that age, plus an ex-husband, so have also drawn on my own experiences when thinking things through. I have also been a teacher for close to 30 years, and probably draw on that knowledge of kids and other families too.

Surely it doesn't wreck the whole discussion for others if there are even just a few people who don't mind continuing to follow different lines of enquiry and actively express those ideas or opinions here? Call me stubborn, but I am trying very hard to not just feel pressured into quitting the discussion because others feel I have nothing to offer.

That's exactly why I left here last Friday and why I've posted once since then. Pretty much, our opinions aren't wanted or respected if we don't get on the bandwagon. I haven't been able to say one thing that I haven't gotten a snarky reply out of someone in the last week.

I figure if everyone wants to agree and go in circles with the same thing, that's fine with me, they can do it without me wasting my time anymore. JMO, MOO.

Besides, like I said, it seems that everyone else has solved this case and they know who to blame so there is no need to look at other options. JMO

What? Where were they throwing the nerf football around? I suppose it could have been in the house if this were true. But what could that prove or disprove?

jumping off your post...

is that the ending of the tape for the uncut version we have all seen? I seem to remember that the interview was cut off...

Not directed at you Kamille, I know you are just the messenger. LOL
How do you toss around a football in the dark?? :waitasec: ..besides, I thought he was tired from being up so late the night before and went straight to bed??

Nerf toys are the ones made of sponge - they are meant for use indoors as they aren't supposed to break stuff. I am frequently a moving target in nerf wars here in my house :furious:

What? Where were they throwing the nerf football around? I suppose it could have been in the house if this were true. But what could that prove or disprove?

That Dylan didn't fall asleep as soon as they got home, around 8:00.

That's exactly why I left here last Friday and why I've posted once since then. Pretty much, our opinions aren't wanted or respected if we don't get on the bandwagon. I haven't been able to say one thing that I haven't gotten a snarky reply out of someone in the last week.

I figure if everyone wants to agree and go in circles with the same thing, that's fine with me, they can do it without me wasting my time anymore. JMO, MOO.

Besides, like I said, it seems that everyone else has solved this case and they know who to blame so there is no need to look at other options. JMO

But, that's the great thing about WS - your opinion is just as valuable as mine. Like a mod posted a tadbit upthread - agree to disagree, and move on, shall we?
Respectfully, I'd hate to see this thread derailed/shut down due to bickering/in-fighting/etc. Rather, let's do whatever we can to move past the differences in opinion - and sleuth. That's what we do, right? MOO and all that jazz.

jumping off your post...

is that the ending of the tape for the uncut version we have all seen? I seem to remember that the interview was cut off...

That's what I was hoping for scorekeeper - but no - the info was added by the studio reporter at the end of the clip. They only showed little snips of that "uncut" video as we know it. The cut off bit from the end is still a mystery.

Another probably not useful tidbit from that video though - it was recorded by koat tv reporter Anna Velasquez and showed her briefly in the video store with MR. Some of us were wondering if that uncut clip had been recorded by the family friend/owner of the store.

I was wondering why they couldn't get a scent for the dogs from the pair of sweatpants. Did he just take them out and leave them out? I also noticed in the picture from the airport that Dylan appears to be wearing white socks. Where are those? Did he put on the sweatpants over the shorts and take them off and just leave them somewhere in the house? Or if he actually changed into them, did he really get up on that cold morning and put the shorts back on? The entire outfit he came in, including the socks and hat?

Can ER confirm that both the sweatpants and the Ipod are Dylan's and they were in his backpack? I guess if he never actually wore the sweatpants then we're back to square one about whether he was at the house or not?

MOO

yes, IMO you are correct and to an extent that issue may negate sigh sister's post...

thus the reason IMO why SighSister deleted her above post...but IMO her original thought(that I posted below) still may indeed have merit.. because IMO while the issue with the phone and pings may negate this possibility to an extent...but IMO its the other possibility that is not negated that IMO is well worth RE-posting and discussing further this particular issue..(lol..SighSister, I hope you don't mind that I resurrected your Original Post..lol)

DylansMom34 is correct that about the pings that more than likely would have registered had dad in fact still had Dylan's phone in his possession at least til 6:46am post was read from Dylan's friend.. BUT HERE IS WHAT IS NOT NEGATED BY WHAT KNOWLEDGE WE HAVE REGARDING THE LAST KNOWM USAGE/PINGS OF DYLAN'S CELL PHONE..

From what we have been told is that Dylan's phone became powered off/inoperable/untraceable AT SOME POINT ON SUNDAY NIGHT..To my knowledge we have never been given the info by LE of the exact moment in time that this occurred..therefor I find SighSister's Original Posted thought to actually be a possibility as a whole in that she discusses that she felt as tho possibly Marks making these particular statements were possibly indicating his having actual knowledge of seeing and reading the text to Dylan that was sent by his friend in attempts to make further contact with Dylan Sunday night at 9:26pm..

and I agree with her not only in that I see that as a possibility of having happened, but also I agree with the thought/opinion of what it is that Mark says about this attempt at contact with his son by his friend.. I, too see it as a possibility that in his minds eye he is actually recalling the actual text message that he saw/read at 9:26pm from the friend to Dylan's cell phone..(this is a regular occurrence that happens when someone is speaking of something that they visually saw and when in later discussing it in their minds eye they can recall the actual visualization of what they saw ..this happening at the same time they are verbally discussing the issue)..

anyway long story short(and hey for me this is my attempts at shortening it into a nutshell..lol).. I absolutely do find it possible that Mark could have still had possession of the phone(and even possibly have ended up in an actual area that no longer was receiving reception AT THE TIME HE READ THE 9:26PM TEXT)..but that at/around 9:26pm the phone was able to at least receive the incoming text with Mark either at that moment, or at some point thereafter on Sunday night that Mark saw/read the text message ..

Because we do not have any official word on what time the phone actually no longer was ever detectable again(just that it was some time Sunday night).. nor do we know where that phone pinged throughout Sunday evening up to and including the last tower that it pinged..

all jmo, tho and my apologies if its confusing and/or unclear:crazy:

I don't mind at all. You laid out in much greater detail what I was thinking. :seeya:

fingerprints?

Would they want fingerprints that early in the investigation when he was only reported missing? When my brother was reported missing they didnt ask for anything with his fingerprints on it.. :waitasec: Besides theres probably tons of fingerprints on his football. Are you playing with me? LOL

Didn't Dad state somewhere that he and Dylan didn't have much time to talk. Something about not finding out how he liked his new house etc? If they were throwing a football around was it in silence? Did they not talk in the truck? While eating? So many little things in this case :waitasec:

Gee...if they hung out and threw the football and Dylan slept and ate there, then wouldn't they at least have a scent item? Because they had to wait for mom to bring something, from what I understand.

Gee...if they hung out and threw the football and Dylan slept and ate there, then wouldn't they at least have a scent item? Because they had to wait for mom to bring something, from what I understand.

Dad did provide scent items-Mom brought better ones. Dog handlers and dogs can be very particular about scents and certain items are better than others. It also depends on the type of dog.

But, that's the great thing about WS - your opinion is just as valuable as mine. Like a mod posted a tadbit upthread - agree to disagree, and move on, shall we?
Respectfully, I'd hate to see this thread derailed/shut down due to bickering/in-fighting/etc. Rather, let's do whatever we can to move past the differences in opinion - and sleuth. That's what we do, right? MOO and all that jazz.

I agree, absolutely! And just because someone can poke holes in another poster's theory doesn't mean they are being disrespectful! It is POSSIBLE that they simply have more experience in armchair sleuthing...or real life sleuthing....or even that they are simply a good debator! :great:

Didn't Dad state somewhere that he and Dylan didn't have much time to talk. Something about not finding out how he liked his new house etc? If they were throwing a football around was it in silence? Did they not talk in the truck? While eating? So many little things in this case :waitasec:

After Dylan arrived in Durango on Nov. 18, father and son grabbed dinner and went by Walmart to pick up groceries for the week, Mark said. Dylan was visiting on a court-ordered visit.

Mark hadn’t heard much from his son lately, but that night the two hardly had a chance to talk about how Dylan liked his new home, he said.

Mark said he tried to wake his son the next morning around 7:30 before leaving to run errands, but Dylan was fast asleep. When he returned at 11:30 a.m., he said Dylan was gone, as was his backpack.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/0/News/A-boy’s-life

The search of the house was the 29th
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the FBI had tents and a trailer set up outside the house Thursday morning. Investigators wearing white scrub-like uniforms made trips in and out of the house and a travel trailer parked nearby. Investigators also towed Mark Redwine’s two pickups from his property to an undisclosed location for further searching.

About 15 investigators and analysts were involved in combing the premises, Bender said.

Bender said Mark Redwine allowed investigators to look through his house on County Road 500 on other occasions.

“But the meticulous nature of the search today required a search warrant,” Bender said.

Bender didn’t know the wording or scope of the warrant or why it wasn’t executed earlier.
http://durangoherald.com/article/20...nvestigators-search-house-of-Dylan’s-father--

Sigh... it isn't just you... It seems like when I clarify one thing the other things I've clarified or stated previously get lost or forgotten in the meantime.

Ok... Dylan's phone/battery dies (for REAL dies).

Most people would assume their battery just needs to be charged so they will plug it in and wait for it to charge.

Most people know that it may not turn on for awhile so they don't bother trying it.

Most people don't check their phone every 5 minutes.

Going on the theory that the phone/battery died (like for REAL died)... we do not know what time that may have happened.

It could have happened at 8pm, 9pm 10pm, 11pm...1am, 3am, etc... but it's ultimate diagnosis was not determined until the next day (after dad left).

AND going back to my earlier post about assuming something nefarious by a parent who wants to spend time with their child they rarely get to see...

If dad had asked, "Dylan, please turn off the phone/put it away so we can spend some time together."

Then some folks might be saying, "AHA! How convenient for him to say that." If I was being accused by the public of my son's disappearance I'd be very scared to admit I asked him to shut off his phone after finding out it NEVER turned back on again.

If Dylan hadn't disappeared then the trip to Walmart, not wanting Dylan to go to his friends that night, the fishing pole, and asking him to turn off/put away the phone would likely be perceived in an entirely different light. Some might even say that he was making an effort to spend time with his son.

God I really hate to belabor the phone/battery point any further but I have actually had a couple of phones/batteries die under very similar circumstances. They either lost a charge completely and never turned on again or I turned them off myself but they wouldn't turn on again. Yes, between my son and I we have been through a number of cell phones.

I have no problem exploring the possibility that dad may have been involved but IMO there are even less who are exploring the possibility that he was not involved... but to be perfectly honest - I personally just have not seen anything concrete that would be enough to convince me that he was involved.

Doesn't it seem blazingly strange that Mark was sooooo looking forward to spending quality time with Dylan .... He was oh do busy to ask how his new house, school, friends was going?

I'd like to know exactly what groceries were bought. Seems very strange to me, he didn't actually talk to his son at all, according to him the only thing that was discussed were visiting his friends. That seems to be a sore spot with mark as he kept bringing it up in earlier interviews.

There were no firm plans for thanksgiving and where they were to spend it.

Yet dad had a whole itinerary that couldn't wait for the first full day after Dylan's arrival.

Seems to me, Dylan's disappearance was part if a To Do List. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members