CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why post pics of the truck.
They have the truck I think they want to know where it went.
I think there is a time span that he cant explain.

JMO

my point was that if they wanted more sightings of the truck from the public they would put that info out to the public to glean more specific information.

Yes, I agree that if they are looking at MR they want to know where the truck went.... which also answers what I bolded above.

yes... ita with you... (well, except that they only reach out when they have "nothing" I think they reach out when they need more)

in the Jessica Ridgeway case the picture of the cross was released to get tips and leads

in the Kyron Horman case pictures of Teri's truck were put out to get leads and tips

In Sierra LaMar's case pictures of the AGT's car were also put out to solicit more sightings of the car or more video/tips

(these are just a few examples)

There are also cases, such as Ayla Reynolds or Lisa Irwin, where LE tried to put pressure on the parents through the media. In the case of Isabel Celis, they used Child Protective Services to put pressure on the family.

In this case, there's just nothing at the moment that indicates how their investigation is progressing.

Anyone remember exactly when FBI came on board. Seems nothing changed even when they did? Did it?

On Fri Nov. 23 Sgt. Bender said local LE contacted the FBI

On Sun. Nov. 25
The Dylan Redwine Taskforce has grown to 50 members of the FBI, Colorado Bureau of Investigation, La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, Bayfield Marshal’s Office, and Durango Police Department. The task force includes crime analysts from the FBI and sheriff’s office.

All from TxJan's timeline on DropBox

As for what's changed specifically, I don't know, but their resources are more and far -reaching... computer forensics, investigations across state lines, better forensics capabilities, etc.

I'm not sure we'd know what the FBI was doing specifically as they operate quietly behind the scenes, but I think their presence was needed several days earlier than when they were finally called in. Doesn't seem like local LE was able to handle a case like this. Actually don't think they even knew what "this case was". JMO.

my point was that if they wanted more sightings of the truck from the public they would put that info out to the public to glean more specific information.

Yes, I agree that if they are looking at MR they want to know where the truck went.... which also answers what I bolded above.

They didnt want to taint their investigation!
They wanted ppl to come forward with what they had not what they saw on TV
this way a lawyer cant say hey LE released a pic of my clients truck.

I think they knew exactly where he was and just needed proof!

I

There are also cases, such as Ayla Reynolds or Lisa Irwin, where LE tried to put pressure on the parents through the media. In the case of Isabel Celis, they used Child Protective Services to put pressure on the family.

In this case, there's just nothing at the moment that indicates how their investigation is progressing.

The ppl that do these crimes dont tell!
They get away with it!

I

LE "knowing" what happened, IMO has not helped in any of these missing child cases where a parent cannot be ruled out. There seems to be no way to move forward for LE, regardless of FBI or no. I do not think the FBI is some magical enterprise that solves crimes. They seem to be as stuck as any LEA in these cases. JMO

I am just wondering what Elaine can do at this point in the investigation , she has gone home so does she reach out to the media ?

I have only ever followed this case and the McStays so wondering what more can be done if LE have no idea on how to move this forward ( IMO)

I
at this point it is about finding Dylan not about lawyers. It is about information to solve a case.

If they want more info on a specific vehicle they will release pictures of it or one like it.:moo:

I think the plea to the public was kept broad because they are running a parallel investigation :twocents:

at this point it is about finding Dylan not about lawyers. It is about information to solve a case.

If they want more info on a specific vehicle they will release pictures of it or one like it.:moo:

I think the plea to the public was kept broad because they are running a parallel investigation :twocents:

Nurse?

""they are running a parallel investigation'''
Sorry I'm daft, what do you mean ? Two investigations ?

:floorlaugh:

how about "mr. dude".

if i may ask what seems like a pretty stupid question...if they have enough evidence to make an arrest, why not do so. and if they don't, why would releasing what they DO have compromise an investigation that is already compromised by having not enough evidence to make that arrest?

(does that make any sense to anyone). TIA.

Mr. Dude, LOL.. My goal is to use that at least once today in real life.

To answer your question as best I can, and please don't take my word too seriously as I'm not a professional.... When you're talking about arrest are you talking about MR? I'm only assuming that because we don't have anyone else who is possibly even on the radar in terms of involvement w/the timeline.

I'm not sure what charge they would be able to arrest on. If there's no evidence of a crime, they can't arrest on that (Clearly). When they arrest there's due process to follow -- booking, arraignment, bail, ... with what we know now (so little) I can't even create a charge for LE to bring charges against MR. It would be a mistake for them to do so. They'll want to make sure if/when they bring charges, they stick and prosecutors would be able to bring those charges to trial and prosecute them.
Does that make sense?

Nurse?

""they are running a parallel investigation'''
Sorry I'm daft, what do you mean ? Two investigations ?

yes

abduction and foul play

parallel investigation means running two different investigations concurrently

The last LE statement I read said they continue to investigate abduction as well.

LE "knowing" what happened, IMO has not helped in any of these missing child cases where a parent cannot be ruled out. There seems to be no way to move forward for LE, regardless of FBI or no. I do not think the FBI is some magical enterprise that solves crimes. They seem to be as stuck as any LEA in these cases. JMO

Yes they are stuck!
I think many times a family member is guilty they just never confess they get away with it.

yes

abduction and foul play

parallel investigation means running two different investigations concurrently

The last LE statement I read said they continue to investigate abduction as well.

Tks Nurse
That is similar to what we are doing here.

I saw on the last page that the trucks have been returned to MR? I didn't know this. Can someone please share the source of this information? I thought LE still had the trucks.

I don't know either. I haven't heard anything official either way saying that he does or does not have them. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since LE took the trucks now, right?

Some articles reference the FBI "officially" joining on the 27th. The days immediately following that consisted of numerous searches. MR being "officially" questioned, the house being searched & the vehicles seized. There was a huge amount of activity being done if you check the timelines from the week of the 27th ish. I wish we knew if they were still in town or just consulting from afar now when needed?

My point is that LE is doing nothing in the way of putting out more photos of Dylan, or spreading his photos nationwide, or anything else LE might do if they fear a child has been abducted. They only seem to consider the possibility that he is not alive, IMO. Or have I missed appeals by LE?

I wonder what happens now with all the regular court hearings between ER and MR. I suppose any pending issues are put on hold.

My point is that LE is doing nothing in the way of putting out more photos of Dylan, or spreading his photos nationwide, or anything else LE might do if they fear a child has been abducted. They only seem to consider the possibility that he is not alive, IMO. Or have I missed appeals by LE?

Exactly.. If you've missed those appeals, I've missed those appeals too.
If they are focused on one person but don't have enough to move in, I guess they'll have to change the plan or it'll go cold.
If they're approaching this as an abduction, but have no idea where he is, who took him, and what his current status is, .. they're not doing much to persue that kind of parallel investigation.

I know 1 or 2 folks here say "well what more should they do?" He's been on NG, HLN, he's all over the local media, he was in the Huff Post once...
none of that's going to find a kidnapped boy states away or across the country.
I don't know what they should be doing, but I don't see what they're doing now finding Dylan if he was randomly abducted by a stranger who's not in the area.
I think what they're doing now (and what they're not doing) indicates what they're honed in on, who they're looking at, and it has nothing to do with anyone or anywhere outside of Bayfield/Vallecito/Durango.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper