CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you can kill a person with one blow to the head if it is the right area. A blow to the temple, or a hard blow to the nose , blow to the back of the neck can do it.
If you have ever been in martial arts for self defense you learn what can kill and what won't.

Well, it would be interesting to know if MR had martial arts training. He doesn't seem the type, but you never know.

It does not take a person who knows martial arts to accidently kill someone from a blow, most people don't even realize they have done it until later unfortunately

I apologize if this has been discussed already. I try to catch up on the threads before I post something but Dylan's threads are hard to keep up with.

I noticed this statement in the exchange of texts with his friend RN.

I have flown a lot and some of those times I had ear problems, sinus, or other misc ailments. There have been times I thought my head might explode, implode, or something else. Never have I experienced something I would call "numb".

Is a "numb" head indicative of any medical conditions which might have occurred? Had a serious medical event occurred MR might not have known how to react. Especially if he thought DR was faking or dramatic. Or, if he were drinking heavily.

Or, the other possibility had a medical even occurred..... maybe it wasn't a jogger that was sighted. Could DR have become so confused he didn't understand?

I used to fly from Denver to Durango frequently when I lived in CO and the flights to Durango were always on very small planes and had a lot of turbulence. I took Dylan saying this as it being a bumpy flight and him being a teenager exaggerating in his description of how he felt afterwards. Also I would guess if Dylan had something medical going on his Mom would have noticed something before he left.

Think about it. Elaine says she had talked to Dylan about the dangers of hitch hiking. Probably several times if she's like most moms. BUT... how many kids do things every day that their parents have told them not to do because it's dangerous? Plenty!

Many of us say our kids wouldn't do something and end up having to eat our words, because they do it behind our backs anyway. Kids think they're indestructible, that nothing bad will happen to them. They take chances, they forget what their parents told them. Or this one time, it will be okay.

Sometimes parents don't know their kids as well as they think they do.

I know a lot of people don't want to agree with this because it doesn't fit the theory that Mark did something to him. But LE has to consider ALL possibilities... that's the only way to solve this case and find Dylan. They have to think outside the box.

Well, it would be interesting to know if MR had martial arts training. He doesn't seem the type, but you never know.

We just had a case in Los Angeles last school year, where a middle school girl was arrested for murder, after hitting a girl in the face with her knee during a fight. The girl died shortly afterwards.

Think about it. Elaine says she had talked to Dylan about the dangers of hitch hiking. Probably several times if she's like most moms. BUT... how many kids do things every day that their parents have told them not to do because it's dangerous? Plenty!

Many of us say our kids wouldn't do something and end up having to eat our words, because they do it behind our backs anyway. Kids think they're indestructible, that nothing bad will happen to them. They take chances, they forget what their parents told them. Or this one time, it will be okay.

I know a lot of people don't want to agree with this because it doesn't fit the theory that Mark did something to him. But LE has to consider ALL possibilities... that's the only way to solve this case and find Dylan. They have to think outside the box.

I am totally willing to believe that Dylan took off looking for a ride that morning...if only not for the lack of communication since the night before. I am not a believer that his phone died at 8pm and he never found another way to make contact with his friend, if he was okay, from 8pm on.

I don't have anything new to add, but I just wanted to say that I too check Dylan's thread several times a day, hoping for some kind of news. Being relatively new to here, this is the first case I've followed that has not been solved *fairly* quickly, I actually don't think I've ever followed a case that has gone this long without being solved... or without SOME kind of information being released by LE.

Even though I find it incredibly frustrating that LE have not made any kind of statement to the public, I'm hoping this is for a good reason that we may come to know in time. Until then, I will continue to check in every day. For Dylan.

I don't have a problem believing that Dylan MIGHT hitch a ride to town if he needed to get somewhere.

But I do have a problem believing that happened on Monday morning. There are a couple of reasons I don't believe it.

He never tried to contact his friend, to say he missed his ride and to try and get one first. He never contacted him to see if he was still waiting there for him.
[ which he wasn't---because he texted D at 10 am to tell him where to go meet up.]

And if by some coinkydink, the cell was not working, he still had a landline, a computer with wifi and an i-pod that texted. So I believe he would have made some attempt to contact his friends before he tried to hitch a ride 20 miles away.

And he knew his dad was coming back at 11, and it was probably close to 10 by the time he woke up ate and watched Spongebob. Why hitchhike in the cold, with a heavy backpack and a fishing pole, if your ride is coming soon?

And if he did try to hike and hitch hike into town, why didn't anyone report seeing him? Is the only person who saw him that morning a serial killer?

ETA: also, we just saw D's texts, where he told his friend he was going to call and text him all day the next day, if need be...

I am thinking strangulation. Up close, personal. Very little DNA evidence without a body.

Sad to say....

on the other hand parents often warn kids not to do things and the kids had no intention to do those things anyway. I know I've given my daughter a lot of general warnings over the years to make her aware of what risks there are.

we don't know why she talked to him about it. it could be that they saw someone hitchhiking, it could be that his older brother had hitchhiked, or even that Mom in her younger years had hitchhiked.

For me its not about not wanting to agree with it because it doesn't fit a theory, its because we have nothing to indicate that thats what Dylan did that day and because I really think he would have contacted his mate first, but then we know there was no activity at all on Dylans phone after 8pm sunday.

Maybe if sunday night was all accounted for I'd think differently, but it's not.

I don't have anything new to add, but I just wanted to say that I too check Dylan's thread several times a day, hoping for some kind of news. Being relatively new to here, this is the first case I've followed that has not been solved *fairly* quickly, I actually don't think I've ever followed a case that has gone this long without being solved... or without SOME kind of information being released by LE.

Even though I find it incredibly frustrating that LE have not made any kind of statement to the public, I'm hoping this is for a good reason that we may come to know in time. Until then, I will continue to check in every day. For Dylan.

Sadly, in several of the other cases that have yet to be resolved, LE's silence has not meant they were "close" to anything at all. No way to tell if this case is any different.

Is it only one time Dylan hitchhiked with friends ?

I do not get how that's a patten of hitch hiking , it was snowing and they needed a ride and in a emergency Dylan stuck out his thumb . And when Dylan's mum heard I am sure that still freaked her out as you hear such horror stories .

if sunday night from 8pm until roughly half an hour before MRs first appointment was all accounted for then I'd be looking at monday mornings possibilities.

Yet it would be one more coincidence if poor Dylan decided to walk since his phone somehow died as soon as he arrives at Dad's, he had no way to contact his friend, etc...and the only person on the road who pulls over is a mad killer and/or kidnapper. In such a remote area.

Back at the start of this case, I was more open to the hitch hiking scenario. That was because I thought that Dad left at 7:30, and D was 'out like a light.' So I thought D didn't know his dad was going to come back for him at 11.

And, I thought the boys were all meeting up at 6:30 because they had some plans for the day. So D would have maybe hitched because he had a narrow window of time to get there.

But since dad did his clarifications, I no longer believe that D ever tried to hitch hike. MR said that he gently nudged his son awake, and explained he needed to leave but he would be back at 11, and D 'understood and was fine with it.'

And the friend said that D was the one who said 6:30, and that was because Dad had early errands in town. So there was no reason for Dylan to stress out and hurry into town like that. JMO

One more time:
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121203/NEWS01/121209900&template=mobileart

Similarly, while some of Dylan's Bayfield friends suggested he might hitchhike down from Vallecito to Bayfield for a scheduled visit with them, Elaine Redwine said she and Dylan had talked about being safe, including not hitchhiking.

Over this. Everyone think what you want. :twocents:

It would appear from these two statements that Dylan was known to have hitchhiked and had been warned about it by his mother who just might have had some knowledge that he'd done so before. People who resumably know him well bring this up so they might know. Just like he's not outdoorsy, he's tech savvy, and all the other things Mom has let us know about her child. She obviously thinks he's capable if she had to talk to him about it.

I never felt that Dylan leaving on his own or taking off was out of the question until I read the texting. He seems very, very anxious to meet up with his friend at the given time, with no qualms about the early hour except to be sure he would be let in. I find it hard to believe he would not get up, especially if his phone had crashed the night before.

Sometimes thinking outside the box is what solves cases. Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction. In a case like this, nothing should be discounted.

And you are so right about kids going behind their parents backs, doing what they've been told not to do. All kids do it. ALL kids. No kid is 100% perfect all the time. You can talk to them and warn them of the evils in the world but sometimes it goes in one ear and out the other.

I disagree. I've known hundreds if kids that regularly had the crap beat out if them, and have no knowledge of a single isolated blow causing the death of an abused child. Children are pretty sturdy all things considered. IMO

IMO if he's involved, it was no accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. Premeditated.
Imo

Sometimes thinking outside the box is what solves cases. Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction. In a case like this, nothing should be discounted.

And you are so right about kids going behind their parents backs, doing what they've been told not to do. All kids do it. ALL kids. No kid is 100% perfect all the time. You can talk to them and warn them of the evils in the world but sometimes it goes in one ear and out the other.

LE was so quick to rule out running away and/or Dylan having an accident while walking. Is this due to knowledge that we are unaware of, or really just due to the lack of phone use and his not being found as yet? Plenty of people have gone missing while walking, hiking, driving, etc. and not been found for months or longer. I was never comfortable with Le ruling out scenarios so quickly.

But then again, the texts made me feel he would never have NOT contacted R if there was any way he could have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper