CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are records such as these ever unsealed? (i.e. would the Task Force have access to these records by now)

Most of the recent child custody records sealed including statements made by Dylan made during a family court hearing in September. All of the documents also from a hearing in November – last one before Dylan’s disappearance are also sealed at this point.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/303598/339/Missing-boys-family-had-violent-history

Elaine's attorney would likely have a copy of the statements and such as, wouldn't he? Could he make them available to LE with her permission? Would MR need to give permission too? I imagine it would look suspicious if either parent declined.

Because those statements by Dylan were made in September and two months later he ends up missing? Just would love to see what was said and who received knowledge of what his statements were (i.e. attorneys, parents or just judge?)

I'd love to see anything official about this case.

Elaine's attorney would likely have a copy of the statements and such as, wouldn't he? Could he make them available to LE with her permission? Would MR need to give permission too? I imagine it would look suspicious if either parent declined.

It's just been something that I've always wondered about... what was it that was actually said. Why the need to have them sealed? (Inquisitive mind only - because I don't know the answer). Perhaps a legal person can provide some input sometime...

'In response to questions about what specific direction his investigations are taking, Bender said: “We have not closed the door on anything. We do not comment about ongoing investigations until they’re brought to a conclusion.” '
-From the 11/27/12 Durango Herald

Not sure which agency Bender is a part of, but seems clear that they are sticking to their position.

I'm pretty sure they have cleared nobody.

I lean towards MR.
Kid wants to be with friends. Dad resents flying him out only to have him want to be dropped off with friends. Dad could feel used. Anger issues. Escalation. Some sort of incident that ends up with Dylan 'gone'.

It is the unthinkable, but these things most often do happen among family/friends.
I hope I am wrong.

Similar incident happened to DH. Ex wanted to move out of state w/ 2 kids. DH objected - went to court. Judge called 8 yo son and 10 yo daughter into chambers, alone. Judge came back out later said: Dtr. wants to go with mom. Son wants to go with sister. Case closed. No records sealed. He just told everyone what was said and that was the end of it. That's why I wonder why something has to be sealed.

It's just been something that I've always wondered about... what was it that was actually said. Why the need to have them sealed? (Inquisitive mind only - because I don't know the answer). Perhaps a legal person can provide some input sometime...

I'm curious too. We need to page Gitana1 or another verified attorney. WS needs to implement some sort of bat signal for verified professionals. We could just flip the correct switch and summon the proper poster.

Because those statements by Dylan were made in September and two months later he ends up missing? Just would love to see what was said and who received knowledge of what his statements were (i.e. attorneys, parents or just judge?)

Maybe Dylan's phone did innocently die. Dad runs his errands while DR eats and waits. Dad sees the lawyer, sees what DR said in court and goes home in a rage and that's when it happens. just a thought

THe thing about the bike is odd, imo. Because if the bike had NOT been sitting out there previously, wouldn't MR have pointed that out, and said " Either Dylan or some one else was using the bike because it is usually in the garage."

So I cannot believe it just appeared there that day, or LE would have said that Dylan might have been out riding that morning. Wouldn't they? Or at least wouldn't they have asked if any neighbors saw a bike rider that morning on his street?

On the other hand, if it had been sitting out in the weather, the tires would be flat and it would be rusty, most likely.

I am trying to come up with anything different than what has been hashed and rehashed. If anything was normal about a missing child, I am sure it would be much easier to come up with ideas- especially if we had more information. Maybe there is a picture of the bike in the yard somewhere

I think if MR knew at all, he knew way before 11/19. But then again.... We.Don't.Know!

Well, I still haven't given up (my own personal belief) that he may have run away.

I am trying to come up with anything different than what has been hashed and rehashed. If anything was normal about a missing child. I am sure it would be much easier to come up with ideas- especially if we had more information. Maybe there is a picture of the bike in the yard somewhere

I think there was a picture of it. Does anyone else remember that?

Maybe Dylan's phone did innocently die. Dad runs his errands while DR eats and waits. Dad sees the lawyer, sees what DR said in court and goes home in a rage and that's when it happens. just a thought

That's a plausible scenario. The lawyer would not be permitted to tell LE that he shared info that day that could have sent MR into a rage, would he?

Anyway, I'm off for the night. I have to be up in less than 5 hours for a dentist appt. Good night and sweet dreams all.

Oh gosh! Could MR have been questioned about something Dylan told the judge?
I recall AZG saying her boys told mr they didn't want him in their lives anymore when they were children. I wonder why and if something was in common with what Dylan told the judge.

Someone I know (LOL) had a 12 yo run away for 2 entire days because her dad yelled at her. She wasn't from USA - she didn't speak the language - and wasn't "legal" yet. This child wasn't afraid of anything, obviously... And if she could (and did) do it... I know other more americanized kids certainly could.

Well, I still haven't given up (my own personal belief) that he may have run away.

After all of the hard work you've put into this case, I think you definitely deserve to be right! Now if only Dylan, LE and at least one other person agreed.

I'm not a legal person but I think it's because Dylan is a minor that thing pretaining to the case are sealed. IMO

Well I've had experience with similar dynamics x 2. LOL You can't read my sweatshirt saying "I SURVIVED" ... and... it's a lot easier to swallow thinking he's just run away than the alternatives.

Someone I know (LOL) had a 12 yo run away for 2 entire days because her dad yelled at her. She wasn't from USA - she didn't speak the language - and wasn't "legal" yet. This child wasn't afraid of anything, obviously... And if she could (and did) do it... I know other more americanized kids certainly could.

I just really don't think Dylan ran away. He had lots of friends, was close to his mom and brother, and LE ruled it out. Sorry, I just can't see it being the case. Not for this long.
Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member