CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if it wasn't there for Dylan's use, then what the heck???

My husband and I are grown adults with our own bikes... it's not unheard of for adults to ride.

That's a good point about it having to be someone that knew who MR was and/or where he lived. I guess that scenario isn't as straight forward as I suggested.

Not that it matters because I can't get past the sudden and complete silence at 8pm.

I agree, unless it's a norm. If they are looking at Dylan's last 6 months of phone patterns- they know if that was normal or abnormal.

Elaine's attorney would likely have a copy of the statements and such as, wouldn't he? Could he make them available to LE with her permission? Would MR need to give permission too? I imagine it would look suspicious if either parent declined.

I'm curious too. We need to page Gitana1 or another verified attorney. WS needs to implement some sort of bat signal for verified professionals. We could just flip the correct switch and summon the proper poster.

Sealed records of minors in family court are not shared with either attorney or parent. Only the judge and some staff know what Dylan said in that statement. The whole point is to get them to tell you how they really feel about the custody arrangement, visitation, and whom they do or do not want to see. Some judges put a lot of merit in what older kids want- other judges less so. But I've personally never seen those opened up, and certainly not to the parents.

I don't think he "ran away" per se, but I also am not convinced that MR is involved. I think MR is uncomfortable with the limelight, not good at inter-personal communication and thus shuns speaking to the media.

If Dylan normally stopped using his phone at 8pm or so, LE probably would not have been so quick to determine that something was badly wrong, I.e. and start calling it criminal and not a runaway situation, so soon, IMO.

I just really don't think Dylan ran away. He had lots of friends, was close to his mom and brother, and LE ruled it out. Sorry, I just can't see it being the case. Not for this long.
Imo

Since I need a warm fuzzy to help me sleep, I'm gonna' follow my heart tonight and just keep telling myself over and over that he "just" ran away and he'll be back soon!

Tomorrow, when I wake up, I'll allow my head and HINKKY meter to take over. Deal?

'night all... it's been fun.

I don't think he "ran away" per se, but I also am not convinced that MR is involved. I think MR is uncomfortable with the limelight, not good at inter-personal communication and thus shuns speaking to the media.

LE said pretty early on that they did not believe Dylan ran away or got lost in the woods, etc...seems like they ruled out all except abduction and/or foul play by dad, IN MY OPINION.

If Dylan normally stopped using his phone at 8pm or so, LE probably would not have been so quick to determine that something was badly wrong, I.e. and start calling it criminal and not a runaway situation, so soon, IMO.

I don't think the two had anything to do with each other. It wasn't because he quit using his phone at 8 that they determined him not a runaway, it's because hasn't used social media, email, phone, or made contact since. Runaways tend to get in touch with someone, or check in on their facebook, etc. I think especially young runaways.

It's fully possible that one or two or three nights a week Dylan's phone goes quiet for a stretch while he watches TV. That's normal for some kids, not for others. I've no clue- I'm just saying "yay, LE knows if that's abnormal or normal for him."

If it's abnormal for him, it's a problem for me too.

I've seen other parents of missing children have difficulty speaking to the media. Sometimes that make the parent seem suspicious in the knowledge of the disappearance.
I know I sit here every time thinking I would be screaming to the media to put my child's pics out there 24/7! I feel certain I would be frantic, but obsessively focused and I would use every opportunity and angle to get the word out. But my DH would be doing more the background stuff. Stuff that really really matters too, stuff that also has to be done!
So in my rambling I guess I'm just saying something like different strokes for different folks.

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you. But much like MR I wonder then why, knowing this was something more serious, didn't they question him and search his house in a more professional manner? Know what I mean? Get a search warrant and do it by the books. Get a written statement from him and lock him in to his story from the first time told etc. just thoughts

I keep going back to: He decided to run away, and possibly thought one of his friends would help hide him. He left while MR was gone, planning to hitch a ride to the friend's house to talk to him about it when there weren't any adults around (to read over his shoulder, or see what he says some other way). He walked as far as the corner, and someone stopped to give him a ride. At that point he changed from being a runaway to being a victim of one thing or another.

Sometimes it changes in my head and the person who stops to offer him a ride is *******, who takes him to a different area and leaves him with family or friends.

Sometimes it changes to ****** picking him up and talks him into going to ****** for one reason or another.

Sometimes it changes to ****** picking him up and doing something to him because of feelings of ******.

Then again, sometimes it changes to an entirely different scenario - but still eventually comes back to the corner.

No names or other identifying information was purposely included, and no accusations or suspicions are being made about anyone. (Even in my mind, it's not always the same person, place or reason.) It's all JMO.

I've seen other parents of missing children have difficulty speaking to the media. Sometimes that make the parent seem suspicious in the knowledge of the disappearance.
I know I sit here every time thinking I would be screaming to the media to put my child's pics out there 24/7! I feel certain I would be frantic, but obsessively focused and I would use every opportunity and angle to get the word out. But my DH would be doing more the background stuff. Stuff that really really matters too, stuff that also has to be done!
So in my rambling I guess I'm just saying something like different strokes for different folks.

I understand. And while ER and MR aren't a couple this is what they are doing. She is being the voice and face for Dylan and he is dealing with the police and stuff.

LE said pretty early on that they did not believe Dylan ran away or got lost in the woods, etc...seems like they ruled out all except abduction and/or foul play by dad, IN MY OPINION.

They said foul play, they've never said foul play by dad. IMO

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you. But much like MR I wonder then why, knowing this was something more serious, didn't they question him and search his house in a more professional manner? Know what I mean? Get a search warrant and do it by the books. Get a written statement from him and lock him in to his story from the first time told etc. just thoughts

I don't know. I really think that initially LE thought Dylan took off and would be found soon. There were those apparently erroneous sightings early on. But then they contradict themselves later on and say that they thought this was a crime as early as the second day or so. Why, at that point, the house not roped off, etc. my brain cannot process.

By now, at least, I am sure that MR has told his story and has to stick to it.

But I do wonder, and doubt, if any photos were taken inside the home that first day. I would say not, since they probably assumed they were looking into the case of a teen boy who took off for a while.

I remember a case some years ago that was thought to be cut and dried until some Polaroids turned up taken by a regular uniform at the scene that told a whole other story...it was the case where a husband lured a man to his home, killed his wife and the man, and said that the man had killed his wife so he killed him in defense of her. The photos showed the position of the bodies that this was not possible and he was later convicted. It was quite by chance that they had those photos.

Anyway...

Yes yes and yes! I agree!
And I'll bet they have him locked into his statement from the first time he told it, then more thorough questions. We don't know if there were discrepancies in what he told LE or not. But we do know that as more time went on we got the added stories of some clothing, cereal bowl, tv on, etc. It could all be true but is there any proof of it being true? We just don't know. So frustrating!

I don't know. I really think that initially LE thought Dylan took off and would be found soon. There were those apparently erroneous sightings early on. But then they contradict themselves later on and say that they thought this was a crime as early as the second day or so. Why, at that point, the house not roped off, etc. my brain cannot process.

By now, at least, I am sure that MR has told his story and has to stick to it.

But I do wonder, and doubt, if any photos were taken inside the home that first day. I would say not, since they probably assumed they were looking into the case of a teen boy who took off for a while.

I remember a case some years ago that was thought to be cut and dried until some Polaroids turned up taken by a regular uniform at the scene that told a whole other story...it was the case where a husband lured a man to his home, killed his wife and the man, and said that the man had killed his wife so he killed him in defense of her. The photos showed the position of the bodies that this was not possible and he was later convicted. It was quite by chance that they had those photos.

Anyway...

YES, I remember that case!

I understand. And while ER and MR aren't a couple this is what they are doing. She is being the voice and face for Dylan and he is dealing with the police and stuff.

Clever way of stating the obvious! Touché!
Made me chuckle!

I keep going back to: He decided to run away, and possibly thought one of his friends would help hide him. He left while MR was gone, planning to hitch a ride to the friend's house to talk to him about it when there weren't any adults around (to read over his shoulder, or see what he says some other way). He walked as far as the corner, and someone stopped to give him a ride. At that point he changed from being a runaway to being a victim of one thing or another.

Sometimes it changes in my head and the person who stops to offer him a ride is *******, who takes him to a different area and leaves him with family or friends.

Sometimes it changes to ****** picking him up and talks him into going to ****** for one reason or another.

Sometimes it changes to ****** picking him up and doing something to him because of feelings of ******.

Then again, sometimes it changes to an entirely different scenario - but still eventually comes back to the corner.

No names or other identifying information was purposely included, and no accusations or suspicions are being made about anyone. (Even in my mind, it's not always the same person, place or reason.) It's all JMO.

I don't think he ran away but like you I change my thoughts on what I think might have happened.

YES, I remember that case!

I remember thinking at the time, how easy a thing it would be for LE to always snap some photos whenever called out to a scene of anything. Even easier, these days. But I don't think it is standard procedure unless it is a known crime scene from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc