CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Day one. He told them he couldn't find Dylan's pole. Standard stuff. No mystery. At least to me. Police always ask the family to look around the house and tell them what's gone. Mark did it like thousands of other family members have.

Oh now I see the cents sign. Can I use it instead of JMO IMO? I saw it on nursebeeme's posts and I love it lol. :twocents:

Exactly. Standard stuff. Find out what is missing. If his skateboard was missing, they would go look at the skatepark. If his fishing pole is missing, check out the lake.

And YES, the cents sign works great as an IMO icon. :moo:

Don't bicker guys. This is a case that is bound to have more than one theory/opinion associated with it. That's okay. Just accept that not everyone sees things as you might. No big deal. By hashing and rehashing (wtihout bickering) we might get closer to what really happened (of course it would be helpful if LE would give us some new clues). Take it easy with each other and explain why you think something ... not to defend yourself, but to share your reasoning. Two minds is greater than one and 50 or 60 or 100 minds is greater than 2 - if we can work together. And where we can't work together, we can be accepting. I think all of our posters are pretty darn smart and each has their own talent and their opinions and theories are valid based on their own perceptions.

Salem

I really can't buy that Dylan was lax about charging his phone either. For starters, he had a flip phone not a smart phone. Flip phones have a much better battery life than the majority of phones available.

Kind of.

Two things impact the battery life of a phone: the power used to keep the display on, and the power used to communicate with a cell tower. (There is other energy usage as well but these are the main ones.)

The reason most smartphones tend to have lower battery life is because of the large screens (= more power) and that people use them more. Smartphone users tend to use their phones more (so the display is on more often) and their data plans require more communication with cell towers. More energy is used and thus the batteries drain faster.

Flip phones don't tend to have large screens and don't have the "apps" that would cause communication with cell towers. The reason they use less energy isn't because flip phones are implicitly more efficient, it's because they don't do as much.

Dylan, however, was texting. How much he was texting is a matter of debate in this thread but we know he was texting. That means that the screen was kept on longer (since he has to read and reply to the text) and that power was used to send/receive messages. Depending on how much he used his phone, the battery could have drained faster than we might normally expect from a flip phone user because of how he used his phone.

Who exactly is leading this LE investigation into missing Dylan?

Is it the local LE or is one of the task force in place. We have never discussed this to my knowledge.

I think who is in charge of this investigation is important.

How much experience does this tiny LE police force of 5 have in missing children.

We keep talking about what LE has said and how they said it. Experienced LE knows how to talk to the press and what not to say.

This LE says nothing...it's been a long time since we have heard from anybody.

I believe you....but, in the meantime, thread after thread has been all about demonizing MR. Been here for a very long time and cannot remember this being allowed without the person being named a POI or suspect. Frustrating as heck sometimes, probably caused me a few TO's, but at the same time, I knew it made WS different than all the other places. Potentially innocent people were protected, especially persons deemed to be victims. Why this case is different I don't pretend to know....not for me to decide....but, I do know that if MR is indeed not guilty of doing something to or with his son, then all the words written here can't be erased with "oops". I will now :silenced: and go back to :lurk:mode.

SoSueMe explained why this case is different. WS has always allowed some info on the last person to see a missing person. That is the starting point for any missing person's case. The last person to see the missing person. In addition, it appears LE has become very reluctant to name POIs/Suspects. LE's actions in this case pointed in MR's direction. MR has history. All of those things grouped together and Management made a decision.

If you need further clarification, please pm a mod and we will be happy to discuss the issue with you. BUT it is not appropriate for thread discussion.

Thanks,

Salem

This is what I find weird! and please correct me if this was already said.

A father who so despertly wanted to have visition with his son, faught in court to get it.
Father says he pick up son at airport but left son home, the next day, alone while father did some errands. That just doesn't seem quiet right to me, especially when the Father has only a short time span to be with his son????

SoSueMe explained why this case is different. WS has always allowed some info on the last person to see a missing person. That is the starting point for any missing person's case. The last person to see the missing person. In addition, it appears LE has become very reluctant to name POIs/Suspects. LE's actions in this case pointed in MR's direction. MR has history. All of those things grouped together and Management made a decision.

If you need further clarification, please pm a mod and we will be happy to discuss the issue with you. BUT it is not appropriate for thread discussion.

Thanks,

Salem

I deleted my post.

Okay, I'm going to try again to put all of my thoughts, theories, explanations and whatever into one post, and see if I can come up with a feasible scenario.

Dylan was texting with R from home and the airport before his flight. Mark picked Dylan up at the airport shortly before 6 pm. Dylan sent a text to Ryan saying his plane had landed, and they talked about their plans (from the article that included copies of their texts). They went to McDonald's to get something to eat and then to Walmart to get food for the visit. While they're there, Dylan asks about going to Bayfield that night, and Mark says it's too late for visiting that night. At about 6:45, R asks if he's coming. Sometime around 7:00 Elaine texts to see if he was picked up. At 7:06, he responds to Elaine saying yes with a "scowling" face. At 7:09, he tells R that he can't go that night. Mark and Dylan head for home, and discuss the possibility of Mark dropping him off in the morning before his appointments.

More texts are sent between the boys, and shortly after 8 pm, Dylan stops responding because he's still trying to work things out with Mark, possibly whether he'll be spending the night with R or going back home at night, what time he'll be picked up (if he has to return), when he'll have to be up if he wants to go in the morning, etc. They get home, and go inside. Mark throws the football to Dylan, trying to cheer him up, but Dylan just throws it back at him and plops down on the couch . He turns on the tv and falls asleep.

The next morning, Mark tries to wake him up, but he's still tired and cranky. Eventually he tells him he'll have to go now or wait until he gets back. Dylan tells him he'll wait (in whatever words they used), and Mark leaves at 7:30. Dylan wakes up at about 9:00, turns on the tv and gets a bowl of cereal. He decides he doesn't want to wait for his dad to get home, so he goes outside to see if he can see anyone around who could give him a ride. He tries to call R to let him know, but realizes that he fell asleep without putting his phone on the charger and it's dead. About that time, someone comes by and sees him out there. Since he knows that one of Mark's vehicles is gone, he assumes that Dylan is alone. He stops and asks if Mark is there, and Dylan says no, and then complains about having to wait until at least 11 for a ride and that his phone is dead.

The guy offers to take him to R's house, and Dylan accepts the ride because he knows the guy lives around there and knows his father (since he stopped supposedly looking for him.) I think the fishing pole is just a fluke - Mark is out of town a lot, and some kid could have taken it without him noticing it was gone until he was looking for Dylan.

All just my conjecture, but I'm trying not to make too many assumptions.

This is what I find weird! and please correct me if this was already said.

A father who so despertly wanted to have visition with his son, faught in court to get it.
Father says he pick up son at airport but left son home, the next day, alone while father did some errands. That just doesn't seem quiet right to me, especially when the Father has only a short time span to be with his son????

I am right there with you. I also find it very strange that nothing was planned for the big family day...Thanksgiving. Most I heard was that they might drive 6 hours to MR's brothers home. That seems strange because wouldn't that almost be to Dylans home where I am sure that little boy wanted to be on Thanksgiving.

Nothing makes much sense.

I believe you....but, in the meantime, thread after thread has been all about demonizing MR. Been here for a very long time and cannot remember this being allowed without the person being named a POI or suspect. Frustrating as heck sometimes, probably caused me a few TO's, but at the same time, I knew it made WS different than all the other places. Potentially innocent people were protected, especially persons deemed to be victims. Why this case is different I don't pretend to know....not for me to decide....but, I do know that if MR is indeed not guilty of doing something to or with his son, then all the words written here can't be erased with "oops". I will now :silenced: and go back to :lurk:mode.

I don't feel bad about anything I have speculated about or theorized or posted so far. MR was the last one to be seen with his missing son. Automatically, that makes him a subject for scrutiny. Some circumstances seem odd, as his son went off grid at a very early hour. And his early explanations seemed off, but were clarified, which made it seem as though he was 'fixing his story' imo.
[ His being 'out like a light' vs. he nudged him gently awake and they spoke...]

Maybe he is being unfairly scrutinized, but it is partially his fault, imo. His past arrests because of his volatile temper are what fuels much of our suspicions. He is responsible for those past behaviors. And he has two ex wives who sincerely believe he could be involved. Again, maybe they are wrong, but I do take their assessments into account.

His early suggestion that his son was at the bottom of the lake made my hair stand up. :eek:

If I was the last one to be seen with my DD, before she went missing, I would expect everyone to look closely at my possible involvement. Luckily, I never took a drunken swing at her, but if I had, I would expect it would make some suspicious of me. I know that my DH and DS would publicly support me, but if they didn't---and if they said they thought I might have disposed of her---then I would expect people to be even more suspicious.

I would not blame anyone for sleuthing me. That is what happens if your child goes missing on your watch. :cry: :cry: :cry:

O/T. The best way to end a Sunday dinner homemade cherry pie and hot coffee!

From the front page

ON TRICIA'S TRUE CRIME 8PM EASTERN TONIGHT (Sunday Jan 6th ) FLORIDA DEFENSE ATTORNEY RICHARD HORNSBY JOINS US TO DISCUSS TRUE CRIME CASES IN FLORDIA.

Wish I could pose a question to him (or someone in Florida). The guy who killed my uncle and cousin has been sitting on death row since 2003. Even though I have been a paralegal almost 30 years, I don't understand capital cases. Just wondering how much longer this guy will be housed by the taxpayers of Florida.

Wish I could pose a question to him (or someone in Florida). The guy who killed my uncle and cousin has been sitting on death row since 2003. Even though I have been a paralegal almost 30 years, I don't understand capital cases. Just wondering how much longer this guy will be housed by the taxpayers of Florida.

Come over and post your Question to see if we can get an answer... There is a chat where we post questions.

I'm jealous. I had to settle for a Hershey bar and a bottle of water.
I am sorry... I decided to bake one yesterday.. so we finished it tonight.. Of course I went to Applebees for a quick bite..to lazy to cook tonight:great:

:(

(((Hugs)))

It seems like prolonged punishment to make the family wait so many years through appeals and the capital process.

I don't understand it either. At least not emotionally.

sigh.....

Okay, I'm going to try again to put all of my thoughts, theories, explanations and whatever into one post, and see if I can come up with a feasible scenario.

Dylan was texting with R from home and the airport before his flight. Mark picked Dylan up at the airport shortly before 6 pm. Dylan sent a text to Ryan saying his plane had landed, and they talked about their plans (from the article that included copies of their texts). They went to McDonald's to get something to eat and then to Walmart to get food for the visit. While they're there, Dylan asks about going to Bayfield that night, and Mark says it's too late for visiting that night. At about 6:45, R asks if he's coming. Sometime around 7:00 Elaine texts to see if he was picked up. At 7:06, he responds to Elaine saying yes with a "scowling" face. At 7:09, he tells R that he can't go that night. Mark and Dylan head for home, and discuss the possibility of Mark dropping him off in the morning before his appointments.

More texts are sent between the boys, and shortly after 8 pm, Dylan stops responding because he's still trying to work things out with Mark, possibly whether he'll be spending the night with R or going back home at night, what time he'll be picked up (if he has to return), when he'll have to be up if he wants to go in the morning, etc. They get home, and go inside. Mark throws the football to Dylan, trying to cheer him up, but Dylan just throws it back at him and plops down on the couch . He turns on the tv and falls asleep.

The next morning, Mark tries to wake him up, but he's still tired and cranky. Eventually he tells him he'll have to go now or wait until he gets back. Dylan tells him he'll wait (in whatever words they used), and Mark leaves at 7:30. Dylan wakes up at about 9:00, turns on the tv and gets a bowl of cereal. He decides he doesn't want to wait for his dad to get home, so he goes outside to see if he can see anyone around who could give him a ride. He tries to call R to let him know, but realizes that he fell asleep without putting his phone on the charger and it's dead. About that time, someone comes by and sees him out there. Since he knows that one of Mark's vehicles is gone, he assumes that Dylan is alone. He stops and asks if Mark is there, and Dylan says no, and then complains about having to wait until at least 11 for a ride and that his phone is dead.

The guy offers to take him to R's house, and Dylan accepts the ride because he knows the guy lives around there and knows his father (since he stopped supposedly looking for him.) I think the fishing pole is just a fluke - Mark is out of town a lot, and some kid could have taken it without him noticing it was gone until he was looking for Dylan.

All just my conjecture, but I'm trying not to make too many assumptions.

Very nice work, Confusion. Thank you for sharing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89