CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A scenario like this has definitely crossed my mind. I think it's a possibility.

One thing that bothers me with this scenario is would Dylan really bother to grab his fishing pole?

Yeah, that darn fishing pole. I guess if it was in a very obvious place that you walked by and noticed everyday then it would be easy to see that it's missing.

My fishing poles are in such a place that I wouldn't know if they were missing until I went to go use them next.

(Say, for this scenerio, MR doesn't have anything to do with his disappearance)

Maybe when MR noticed Dylan was gone he looked around and saw the fishing pole was gone also. So, MR says ok Dylan took off to go fishing. No big red flags shoot up at this time. He sees his backpack and is gone also. So, MR says ok Dylan took off to go to his friends and took his stuff so he could spend the night. Maybe he took the fishing pole so he and his friends could fish. No red flags go up. Maybe this is typical for Dylan's behavior and MR is not the panicky type to immediate expect foul play.

I also think, if MR had nothing to do with this, that it would be hard to tell everyone that he took a nap. He may have very well told LE, but it would be hard to tell the world. I'm sure if he didn't have anything to do with this, he would feel badly for not looking sooner for Dylan.

It is impossible to catch up as i have been away for a couple of days.

Can anybody please let me know if Mark has agreed to Dr Phil ?

Family or not, I do not think he is still with us and I also think he will be found frustratingly close.
My biggest fear is whoever did it had enough knowledge of the land to put him somewhere where accidentally finding him or finding him by search would be nearly impossible. There are places in the woods and mountains where even if I told you where a body was it would be difficult to find. If he is somewhere very remote and buried or covered I don't think we will ever find him.
I am hoping whoever did it left him somewhere he can be found once it warms up a bit.

Sad isn't it that we are hoping for a body to be found. If I have to think along that line, then I am hoping for an intact body to be found, somewhere comfortable, warm and protected from elements & nature.

Me, too. Not throwing this at AZgrandma, but if you (general you) know that a person has a propensity to lie sometimes, then it would be natural to have the tendency to not believe anything they said. You would find yourself doubting them when they were actually telling the truth. In short, you just can't trust them. You end up doubting them no matter what they say. If they tell you the sun is shining, you look out the window to see if it's raining. It's just human nature.

I have a brother who likes to exaggerate things, and flat out lies occasionally. He does not lie to hurt anyone, he just likes to tell a good story and make it a better one by embellishing a little. I've tried to imagine if he was placed in this kind of situation, and the more I thought about it, I realize that he would probably not veer from the truth if it's something this serious. He would tell the truth no matter what. I'm not saying this is what Mark is doing, just that liars don't lie with everything they say, sometimes they tell the truth, it's just hard to distinguish the difference.

No reflection on AZg at all, just saying that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

The best lies are the ones closest to the truth. So maybe it's time to take a step back and start looking again - this time for what the truths are. Maybe it's gone too far for that now, but it's something different to try.

I have to disagree. He is addressing two different things. One, that he doesn't know where he is, and two, that he had nothing to do with putting him wherever he is.

I don't know what he was asked or when, perhaps the person asking him posed the question in two parts... 1)Do you know where your son is, and 2)did you have anything to do with his disappearance?

You can interpret it however you wish, and I can do the same, but I think it's unfair to say that making a statement in the negative is an indication that is exactly what happened. He can't very well say it in a positive way, if they ask him where Dylan is, or if he was responsible, if he doesn't know and wasn't responsible, can he? I mean, think about what you're saying here. If you didn't do a certain thing that you're being asked about, how are you going to phrase your answer? You're going to say 'No, I had nothing to do with it', right?? How could you answer it otherwise?

The study/training of statement and behavioral analysis is used in FBI and other Law Enforcement investigations every day. You can google it and read a ton of articles and training manuals on the Internet. The FBI has several on there too. Believe it or not our choice of words do mean something and while someone can not be convicted on that alone it will guide the investigator to look at that subject a lot closer.

I was thinking about lying and how we all probably lie differently and how most of you are probably right now saying ' uh i dont lie' but I think we all do in some degree. So imagine this scenario and how you would respond, then apply to the statements / interviews we have and see if anything jumps out at you . I'm not saying it has jumped out at me, but I'm fishing here.
Your mom / aunt/ sister/ bff/ neighbor/co worker who you really really LIKE but has a very sensitive side and gets upset easily, comes in and shows you their new hairdo and / or outfit . They say ' Do you think my new hairdo / outfit is pretty ? " and the truth is it's horrible, makes her look fat and aged her 15 yrs. It's ridiculous. Do you say that ? Knowing it will upset her and send her into tears? You're on the spot and a LIE is necessary. So do you outright lie and say " wow it's beautiful'" Or do you dance around the issue with some sweet comments that do not address the beauty or ugliness of the new hair do / outfit ? I do the latter . I cannot lie in a situation like that for some reason. I might say " wow did you get that at the fancy new salon in town " ( implying it looks fancy ,, ie: pretty ) or ' you need to get a new outfit/ hairdo to go with that new outfit / hairdo to do it justice'' or '' wow did you get a facial while you were there too, your eyes look really blue today "' . See? These are not lies,,,, they do NOT address at all the question asked but I feel they make the friend feel like I did give them a compliment and their feelings are not hurt. So sorry to ramble, but I'm wondering if this type of 'roundabout lying' is present in anyone's interviews. Thoughts ?

I just HATE liars lies and lying. In this situation I would probably dance around the question and not really answer. I definitely would not say I thought it looked great. Actually I'm more the brutally honest type and sometimes I do hurt peoples feelings. I might suggest that she try to style the hair in a different way and might suggest that a different top might go better with those pants. Most that know me well would take that as 'I don't like it' and would probably say so. LOL

Then why would MR lie and continue to lie for all this time? I would hate to believe that a parent is so mean that they would allow everyone (children & ex) to believe that DR disappearted in the morning vs the middle of the night.That is cruel.
If MR came out today and said, hey I lied, I was afraid I was going to get my arse handed to me or charges brought against me, so I lied. Dylan wasn't home when I woke up, he was already gone. I went to run my errands hoping he was throwing a fit and would come back. When I got home, he wasn't there so I made up the entire morning.
IF MR said that, I would think, holly s*** you arsehole! But then I would also think, ok now WTF happened to Dylan, little boy in the mtns, in the dark, in the middle of the night.
That would open up a whole new world of possibilities and possibilities that would be more probable than what we are throwing back & forth now. It would plug a lot of holes.

BBM
I don't know how, if he has a shred of conscience, he could lead others down that path...but I do believe he is lying.

So again Pure Speculation, in that scenario where Dylan takes off the night before...
- Bad person sees him wandering down the road by himself and snatches
him (although I think if LE thought this was an option, they would be doing
more to get the word out instead of going quiet)
- In the above scenario, MR goes out looking for D and finds the bike on
the side of the road (and then starts fabricating his story..)
- MR finds Dylan wandering down the road (and now we're back at the
murder theory)

???

The best lies are the ones closest to the truth. So maybe it's time to take a step back and start looking again - this time for what the truths are. Maybe it's gone too far for that now, but it's something different to try.

I'm so intrigued by what you've said but am not quite sure I understand it. Well I understand your point but not how to look for that type of lie. Do you have any ideas? But I was thinking earlier we should at least make lists of what is known, unknown, guess / speculated and cross reference them. Where is TxJan ! ?

I like this idea. For example, as we were all reading the transcript of the uncut interview and looking for points without too much embellishing. Things that just come out naturally. I feel very strongly that MR is telling the truth about going to WalMart for snacks b/c dylan always wanted particular food around when he visited. Still thumbs up on the McDonald's preference and drive through. Still right there with him when he's talking about the movie from the $5 bin. I lose the truth in that moment he's speaking about "the night that....." and I REALLY get the sense that the truth is about to come out and the urge to prevent this leads to the verbal stammering and the awkwardness that follows and then I feel just about everything after this is not the truth. So when MR says "You know, Dylan … wanted to throw in a few videos that he found in the $5 bin, so we threw those in -- which is one of the movies we would watch that night … you know… when we were together… and… you know…I mean there wasn’t a whole lot of things we needed" I see this as a big opportunity where the truth has gone MIA. I'm not trying to split hairs between truth and lies and I kind of appreciate the different perspective. Don't want to get hung up on proving lies since I believe there are many but the absence of truths is more concerning. MR is not lying here. Dylan and he were together that night but that statement is a much bigger red flag to me than all the gibbering about MR's nap or the missing fishing pole.

EXACTLY! Personally I would be foaming at the mouth, telling them it's all my fault, but please help me find him!
But I have no idea if MR would do the same.

BBM indeed. Many are taking the "if I were MR I'd" but they're not being MR - they're being themselves and what they would do.

AZG has said MR is behaving in exactly the way she would expect (while acknowledging he may have changed in some way since she knew him), pushing blame elsewhere etc. So to understand what MR is doing, you need to think the way he does. As the song goes "self preservation is what's really going on today".

I do find it interesting that MR is acting as "expected"; aren't we always told - look for someone behaving differently, doing something different?

Truth is the major element in winning a slander suit.

Hence 'false and damaging' being requisites outlined in my post. If you're trying to imply that he is not telling the truth, and that those making said disparaging accusations and insinuations are telling the truth, then you are privy to information that no one else knows and perhaps you'd want to put forth.

It is impossible to catch up as i have been away for a couple of days.

Can anybody please let me know if Mark has agreed to Dr Phil ?

I haven't seen either MR or Dr. Phil state that he has agreed or refused to go on Dr. Phil.

(Sorry, this is not directed at you)

LE would have the capability to see if and when ER and MR have or haven't spoke. They would also be able to review all texts between the two and the contents of those texts.

I have no reason to believe that MR hasn't talked or tried to talk to ER for weeks, months or even just a 24 hour period. I don't have access to those records and I'm not going to take what a angry, grieving parent may say or what others on SM may say and make assumptions. I'm not going to take anything negative MR may say about ER and make assumptions either.

I'm a fact based person and I'm well aware of how people that are bitter towards one another may act.

I was thinking about lying and how we all probably lie differently and how most of you are probably right now saying ' uh i dont lie' but I think we all do in some degree. So imagine this scenario and how you would respond, then apply to the statements / interviews we have and see if anything jumps out at you . I'm not saying it has jumped out at me, but I'm fishing here.
Your mom / aunt/ sister/ bff/ neighbor/co worker who you really really LIKE but has a very sensitive side and gets upset easily, comes in and shows you their new hairdo and / or outfit . They say ' Do you think my new hairdo / outfit is pretty ? " and the truth is it's horrible, makes her look fat and aged her 15 yrs. It's ridiculous. Do you say that ? Knowing it will upset her and send her into tears? You're on the spot and a LIE is necessary. So do you outright lie and say " wow it's beautiful'" Or do you dance around the issue with some sweet comments that do not address the beauty or ugliness of the new hair do / outfit ? I do the latter . I cannot lie in a situation like that for some reason. I might say " wow did you get that at the fancy new salon in town " ( implying it looks fancy ,, ie: pretty ) or ' you need to get a new outfit/ hairdo to go with that new outfit / hairdo to do it justice'' or '' wow did you get a facial while you were there too, your eyes look really blue today "' . See? These are not lies,,,, they do NOT address at all the question asked but I feel they make the friend feel like I did give them a compliment and their feelings are not hurt. So sorry to ramble, but I'm wondering if this type of 'roundabout lying' is present in anyone's interviews. Thoughts ?

People who know me have learned that if you want the truth, you should ask me, but you should ask someone else if you just want compliments. I might not say that it looks awful, but I have been know to say things like, "I liked the old hairstyle better", "It's not something I'd wear", "I'm not the person to ask, I don't like green", or similar things. Some people appreciate an honest opinion, and some just say "Sorry I asked!", but nobody has actually gotten upset with me for not complimenting them on something I didn't like.

Sad isn't it that we are hoping for a body to be found. If I have to think along that line, then I am hoping for an intact body to be found, somewhere comfortable, warm and protected from elements & nature.

Yes, it is sad. I wish I could hope for an alive Dylan, but my instincts tell me he didn't last even a day after getting off that plane. I also hope someone had the decency to wrap him up to keep him safe and warm though I think his soul is safe either way.

Yes, it is sad. I wish I could hope for an alive Dylan, but my instincts tell me he didn't last even a day after getting off that plane. I also hope someone had the decency to wrap him up to keep him safe and warm though I think his soul is safe either way.

......... :(

I haven't seen either MR or Dr. Phil state that he has agreed or refused to go on Dr. Phil.

(Sorry, this is not directed at you)

LE would have the capability to see if and when ER and MR have or haven't spoke. They would also be able to review all texts between the two and the contents of those texts.

I have no reason to believe that MR hasn't talked or tried to talk to ER for weeks, months or even just a 24 hour period. I don't have access to those records and I'm not going to take what a angry, grieving parent may say or what others on SM may say and make assumptions. I'm not going to take anything negative MR may say about ER and make assumptions either.

I'm a fact based person and I'm well aware of how people that are bitter towards one another may act.

Thank you for the reply. It does not seem like i have missed much in the last 2 days. I was hoping for something positive to break .

I like this idea. For example, as we were all reading the transcript of the uncut interview and looking for points without too much embellishing. Things that just come out naturally. I feel very strongly that MR is telling the truth about going to WalMart for snacks b/c dylan always wanted particular food around when he visited. Still thumbs up on the McDonald's preference and drive through. Still right there with him when he's talking about the movie from the $5 bin. I lose the truth in that moment he's speaking about "the night that....." and I REALLY get the sense that the truth is about to come out and the urge to prevent this leads to the verbal stammering and the awkwardness that follows and then I feel just about everything after this is not the truth. So when MR says "You know, Dylan … wanted to throw in a few videos that he found in the $5 bin, so we threw those in -- which is one of the movies we would watch that night … you know… when we were together… and… you know…I mean there wasn’t a whole lot of things we needed" I see this as a big opportunity where the truth has gone MIA. I'm not trying to split hairs between truth and lies and I kind of appreciate the different perspective. Don't want to get hung up on proving lies since I believe there are many but the absence of truths is more concerning. MR is not lying here. Dylan and he were together that night but that statement is a much bigger red flag to me than all the gibbering about MR's nap or the missing fishing pole.

ITA then after McDonalds & it is the rest of that evening that is not very clear, then the next day it is fairly clear on the timeline again. Sunday night is where I see a problem, he's all over the map IMO.

He can explain a number of things coherently including the past trip, future trips etc. just not Sunday night IMO.

A scenario like this has definitely crossed my mind. I think it's a possibility.

One thing that bothers me with this scenario is would Dylan really bother to grab his fishing pole?

Hence 'false and damaging' being requisites outlined in my post. If you're trying to imply that he is not telling the truth, and that those making said disparaging accusations and insinuations are telling the truth, then you are privy to information that no one else knows and perhaps you'd want to put forth.

No, I am not privy to anything else. And I apologize but when I read your comment I didn't see that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3