CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please provide a link where Dr Phil says he would not do the show without MR?

I'm responding to comments here ... that's all.

If someone wants to have a session with a psychologist and broadcast it on national television, by all means ... go for it. However, there should be no expectation that anyone speak with a psychologist on national television.

As far as I'm concerned they could bring in 10 dog teams and they still couldn't cover the entire area. This is grueling work for both handlers and dogs. I think any offers of help should be appreciated.

It's better than doing nothing!!! And right now as far as I know there is nobody doing any searches of any kind. Why would anyone question Wendy and her dogs? It's help...and it's something. The same with Dr Phil. There are tons of missing persons families not being offered these same opportunities and would love to have them.

Oh no, who is criticizing Wendy and the dogs? I think it's fabulous they are searching, and IMO this is the kind of help they need, not necessarily Dr. Phil.

I agree and its another thing that makes me think Mark knows what happened to Dylan . I think most family's would kill for such media exposure if there child was missing yet Mark is willing to wait until it suits him . No thought for Dylan and his plight . I can certainly see why Mark has children and does not have good relationships with them :cow:

Didn't Mark contact Wendy right after her offer of help?

Is Phil McGraw interested in getting Dylan's story on TV, or is he interested in getting in the dad's face? If he wants to do the story, he should be able to accomplish that without dad. Phil isn't an investigator, so what can he add to the investigation? Isn't he a psychologist?

Yep, he's a retired psychologist who has had allegations made about him and his past as well. I will be very interested to see how this show plays out. I personally think it's going to be a trainwreck and most people who watch it without any prior knowledge of the case are going to come away from it with the opposite of what some think.

Thinking of where the K-9 Team may search...Can anyone tell me if Pine River was ever searched in the early days of Dylan's disappearance? Pine River was mentioned by Dylan's friends in an MSM article.

Great question. I would love to see a map of areas that have been searched. I understand that it could not be precise or accurate, but would be interesting to look at. Has anyone done this yet? I am not great with map tools but am willing to learn.

Sending a big hug to you and your family! Sorry you are all going thru this. I hope Dylan comes home soon.
:hug:

PS: I've also been praying for Dylan's Grandmother (GrandMutti?!).

Thank you so much for the kind words and prayers. Unfortunately she isn't doing well at all. :(. The German name for grandmother is "Oma". :)

Do you have links showing that Dr. Phil manipulates information? Or is that your personal opinion?

I don't have links, but there was a substantial lawsuit against Phil McGraw by people that he thought were guilty in the Holloway case. The lawsuit was based on the fact that the footage was manipulated to alter the contents of the interview.

I don't have links, but there was a substantial lawsuit against Phil McGraw by people that he thought were guilty in the Holloway case. The lawsuit was based on the fact that the footage was manipulated to alter the contents of the interview.

Thanks! I'll google for that info!

Oh no, who is criticizing Wendy and the dogs? I think it's fabulous they are searching, and IMO this is the kind of help they need, not necessarily Dr. Phil.

Didn't Mark contact Wendy right after her offer of help?

BBM
I clarified this last evening. Both MikeH/ER and MR contacted Wendy right after her offer of help.

Wendy Kessinger and her organization K-9 Forensics made an offer to the Redwine family Wednesday night on KOB 4: To search for 13 year old Dylan Redwine - free of charge.

The message made its way to Redwine's mother, Elaine, and her fiance, Mike Hall.

"Elaine and I watched that together and we're just so grateful that people like her are willing to help and so I reached out to KOB to put me in contact with her," said Hall. KOB 4 helped make the link between Dylan's mother and Kessinger.

Dylan's father, Mark Redwine, also called KOB 4 after our story aired. He says he is grateful for Kessenger's offer and is eager to work with her.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S....shtml?cat=500

In my opinion, if getting national exposure for Dylan were the goal of an appearance on national tv, that goal would have been accomplished nicely and sooner had they not waited until both parents could appear. Consequently, I suspect what the goal is.

Also, in Melissa Whatshername's reply to a Sleuther several threads back Melissa said she had interviewed seven people and she gave us the interviews w/ Elaine and Mark. I'm very, very curious to know who the other five interviewees are.

For all we know MR was contacted by the show and he might have said 'please wait to do the show when I can be there too'. We just don't know how any of the conversations between the producers and those involved went. So many assumptions... So many fearful of MR being exploited.... If he's innocent whats the fear? Why are people so sure that MR didn't want to do the show? If he's innocent and loves his son and believes he's alive why WOULDN'T he want to do the show?

In my opinion, if getting national exposure for Dylan were the goal of an appearance on national tv, that goal would have been accomplished nicely and sooner had they not waited until both parents could appear. Consequently, I suspect what the goal is.

Also, in Melissa Whatshername's reply to a Sleuther several threads back Melissa said she had interviewed seven people and she gave us the interviews w/ Elaine and Mark. I'm very, very curious to know who the other five interviewees are.

But Elaine has been contacting national media outlets since December, and they won't return her calls. It's not like they told her they won't have her on their show unless Mark is on too. So I don't agree that national coverage could have been accomplished sooner...although there was a bit when Dylan first went missing. Unless by "sooner", you mean that Elaine could have done the interview last Wed.

BBM
I clarified this last evening. Both MikeH/ER and MR contacted Wendy right after her offer of help.

Yes, I am aware of this. I was specifically replying to someone's post.

For all we know MR was contacted by the show and he might have said 'please wait to do the show when I can be there too'. We just don't know how any of the conversations between the producers and those involved went. So many assumptions... So many fearful of MR being exploited.... If he's innocent whats the fear? Why are people so sure that MR didn't want to do the show? If he's innocent and loves his son and believes he's alive why WOULDN'T he want to do the show?

In my personal opinion, I don't think any of them should Dr. Phil. I don't think Dr. Phil is the right platform. I just don't believe it's going to be solely about finding Dylan and getting his name/face out there. Dr. Phil is too into interventions and drama, but that's just MOO.

"We have received multiple tips that have been helpful in our attempts to identify the person who we have confirmed was looking for a rental property," said Bender in an email to 7NEWS. "We are still following up on those tips."

So it sounds like they do have information that a guy fitting this description was definitely in the area looking at rental properties? I wonder if he is a local or from out of the area?

But Elaine has been contacting national media outlets since December, and they won't return her calls. It's not like they told her they won't have her on their show unless Mark is on too. So I don't agree that national coverage could have been accomplished sooner...although there was a bit when Dylan first went missing. Unless by "sooner", you mean that Elaine could have done the interview last Wed.

Yes, that's what I meant.

Yes, I am aware of this. I was specifically replying to someone's post.

In my personal opinion, I don't think any of them should Dr. Phil. I don't think Dr. Phil is the right platform. I just don't believe it's going to be solely about finding Dylan and getting his name/face out there. Dr. Phil is too into interventions and drama, but that's just MOO.

But I don't think they have all these National TV shows begging them to come on their show. You take what opportunities you are given if you want to get National exposure. How many families of missing persons are given this opportunity? I'm sure there are many that would give anything to have that slot.

I was watching an investigation id show last night and it was pretty interesting, forgive me for not remembering the name of the person, my mind is on overdrive. Actually there were two.
In one case a military woman disappeared, her husband (former military) was suspect and there was no evidence. LE believes the guy used his g/f's car to transport the body to PA and threw it in an abandoned mine. They said that there were hundreds of mines and he knew the area like the back of his hand. His brother disclosed that he had asked about getting some dynamite. The theory was that he killed the wife, transported her body, threw it in a mineshaft and blew it up. After 3 days of searching with 100's of military personal, no body was ever found. He was convicted of her murder, no body, all circumstantial evidence.

The second was an employee and his supeervisor, the family ran the business and recevied a ransom note regarding their son's disappearance, against LE advise, they paid the ransom but it was never picked up. The employee was arrested and convicted of the murder. To this day they have not found a body. The most substaintial evidence LE had was a picture of the suspect driving through a toll booth with something to his ear, they believed it was the victims phone, defense said it was a diet Dr. Pepper and wasn't to his ear.

It seems as if circumstantial evidence and absense of a body does not guarantee that nobody will be charged, tried & convicted of murder. Amazingly strange IMO.

Story ideas to contact Dr. Phil about:

BE ON THE SHOW

Tell Us Your Story!
Know Someone Who Got Away with a Crime?
In a Stand-Off?
Are You a Scorned Woman?
Out-of-Control Family Drama?
Have a Story Dr. Phil Won't Believe?
Fight Like Cats and Dogs Every Day?
Tired of Your Mean Husband?
On the Verge of Divorce?
Click Here for More Exciting Show Topics!

http://www.drphil.com/

If the guy was in the area looking at rental properties he had to have made arrangements to get inside these places, so surely somebody got his name and number? You don't usually just go driving around looking at the outside of properties. You make arrangements with the owners to meet with them to have a look inside.

But it's not like they have another alternative. Dr. Phil is the only national show that has expressed interest in the case. And the # of viewers he gets is more than what most national news/talk shows receive. I think that no matter what direction the show takes; It will get Dylan's name/face out there.

Heck, even if they did have other media outlets interested, I would still tell them to do the Dr. Phil show. Unless you have so many requests that you need to reject a few, you should do every interview you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop