CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logical to some perhaps - in the past 16 years neither of my sons has ever left me a note of any description. They might text if they ever bothered to charge up their darn phones I guess.
:moo:

Are you saying your kids never had to let you know where they were?

And I have never seen a kid that wasnt concerned when their battery died!
they go into panic mode! lol

In the security camera grab from the airport you can just see part of a rather low slung, not very full looking backpack that Dylan is wearing - it definitely doesn't look stuffed to the top or anything IMO. To my knowledge that is the only picture we have seen that shows at least part of the backpack.

When its hanging like that its heavy!
Its full!

In the security camera grab from the airport you can just see part of a rather low slung, not very full looking backpack that Dylan is wearing - it definitely doesn't look stuffed to the top or anything IMO. To my knowledge that is the only picture we have seen that shows at least part of the backpack.

Thank you for explaining as I was not around at the beginning so I was not see if I missed something .

Well this is interesting. If you go to Dr. Phil's website (http://www.drphil.com/) and click the "Wednesday" video "The Polygraph Drama", the video doesn't play for me, but underneath it has this blurb -

The Search for Dylan: The Polygraph Drama
The family of 14-year-old Dylan Redwine, who has been missing for three months, continues to search for answers. Dylan’s father, Mark, says he’s tired of having the finger pointed at him, and he’s willing to take a polygraph test to help clear his name. Will he take the test?
When You Are Wrongly Accused

That When You Are Wrongly Accused is a link that goes to this page -

False accusations and gossip can destroy lives, even if the accused is innocent. If your reputation is under attack, Dr. Phil has advice on taking your power back:

http://www.drphil.com/articles/article/217

its good general advice, I think we need to wait and watch the show before assuming its relevant in this case.

also 'Mark, says he’s tired of having the finger pointed at him, and he’s willing to take a polygraph test to help clear his name.'

well whose actions were the cause of people pointing their fingers at him? oh thats right, it would be his own actions, when does he take responsibility for himself? people are not pointing fingers jsut for the sake of pointing fingers, theres good reason to look at him IMO.

he's good at talking the talk but will he walk the walk, I'll wait until wednesday to see if he takes that polygraph test or not.

it doesn't need to be stuffed to the top

a rough guess of what a teen boy might take for a week -

a pair of jeans, a hoodie, 2 pairs of shorts, 4 tops, plus underwear and socks, thats not going to fill a backpack.

plus his gadgetry.

I'd be surprised if his father didn't have a washing machine and dryer to wash during that week.

a pair of jeans, a hoodie, 2 pairs of shorts, 4 tops, plus underwear and socks, thats not going to fill a backpack.

plus his gadgetry.

I'd be surprised if his father didn't have a washing machine and dryer to wash during that week.

Redwine_Airport_WR_1354691003732_335180_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

Here is the image. Whatever he has in there, it isn't very heavy as he's walking completely upright and not looking strained at all.

Are you saying your kids never had to let you know where they were?

And I have never seen a kid that wasnt concerned when their battery died!
they go into panic mode! lol

Sorry not my kids! They each have their own phone and most of the time they are sitting with flat batteries somewhere on their desks. Neither of my boys could care less about their phones - really. They dig around and charge them up if they are going away on a school camp or excursion, or soccer trips - but have never obsessed about calling or texting friends. Not all kids or adults are the same - nor do they all behave according to someone else's norms. There have been plenty of posts here from parents giving their takes on what they or their children would do in any given situation, and I think that's a good thing because plenty of others post as though they know for certain how Dylan must have behaved or reacted from the time he stepped off his flight to Durango.

And now that you ask, I guess my teens have never taken off in my absence before, so I must be lucky in that regard.

plus his gadgetry.

I agree - I'd be surprised if it was even halfway full.

Sorry not my kids! They each have their own phone and most of the time they are sitting with flat batteries somewhere on their desks. Neither of my boys could care less about their phones - really. They dig around and charge them up if they are going away on a school camp or excursion, or soccer trips - but have never obsessed about calling or texting friends. Not all kids or adults are the same - nor do they all behave according to someone else's norms. There have been plenty of posts here from parents giving their takes on what they or their children would do in any given situation, and I think that's a good thing because plenty of others post as though they know for certain how Dylan must have behaved or reacted from the time he stepped off his flight to Durango.

And now that you ask, I guess my teens have never taken off in my absence before, so I must be lucky in that regard.

Mine are the same. My 16 year old son got his first phone a couple of months ago. Never wanted one before, and refused all my offers to have one. He only agreed when he got his first motorbike as that was the deal!

I have a 13 year old whose phone has been lying in my bedroom for the past 3 weeks, completely dead.

My 12 year old has a phone somewhere in his bedroom, even he couldn't tell you where. Whenever I do find it and charge it up, he'll just let it die again.

And my 7 year old was given his dad's old one so he wouldn't feel left out, and lost that after a week!

The only one who is obsessive about his phone is my 18 year old .... but even he doesn't think to let me know where is he or what time he'll be home.

its good general advice, I think we need to wait and watch the show before assuming its relevant in this case.

also 'Mark, says he’s tired of having the finger pointed at him, and he’s willing to take a polygraph test to help clear his name.'

well whose actions were the cause of people pointing their fingers at him? oh thats right, it would be his own actions, when does he take responsibility for himself? people are not pointing fingers jsut for the sake of pointing fingers, theres good reason to look at him IMO.

he's good at talking the talk but will he walk the walk, I'll wait until wednesday to see if he takes that polygraph test or not.

My bold.

That's an interesting concept, that people are not responsible for pointing fingers. That something takes over their mind and body, wresting all free will from them. Scary.

What makes it even more interesting is bringing up the concept, in the same sentence, of taking responsibility for oneself.

When I've pointed fingers at someone, I've never felt like anyone was making that choice but me, and I've taken full responsibility for doing it. I will definitely have to consider this concept that the person I'm pointing fingers at is taking over my mind and body and making me do it. :what:

Redwine_Airport_WR_1354691003732_335180_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

Here is the image. Whatever he has in there, it isn't very heavy as he's walking completely upright and not looking strained at all.

that amount of clothes would not be very heavy, he probably carries more in weight to school each day.

I can tell you from personal experience when I was younger that I carried a 60 litre backpack that was crammed full of clothes, boots and sleeping bag and I still walked upright and without strain.

Woops hit post before I was finished. Am sure I have mentioned this before, but we went away for a week's holiday in January, and my 13 year old packed everything he wanted to take into his laptop bag - which did contain his laptop, headphones etc. His weeks worth of clothes were somehow jammed in there as well. Yes, a boy who doesn't place importance on a different change of clothes for each day, or even pyjamas - a very light packer.

This kid just vanished along with his cellphone and his backpack full of clothes. There wasn't even a sock left behind

http://www.9news.com/dontmiss/313688/630/Blog-Where-is-Dylan-Redwine

depending on what clothes he took they might not have taken up a lot of room, eg shorts and tank tops pack down quite small. backpacks can be quite deceptive, you might not think they could hold a lot when really they can.

he didn't take a suitcase with him

But unless we know how big the backpack was, that doesn't tell us how much clothing went missing with him.

You can fill a small backpack with a single spare jumper.

Wednesday - February 27, 2013

In Part 2 of this Dr. Phil mystery, the family of 14-year-old Dylan Redwine, who has been missing for three months, continues to search for answers. Dr. Phil sits down one-on-one with Dylan's father, Mark, in an effort to help find Dylan. Was he the last person to see the teen? And, what does Mark think happened to his son? Mark says he’s tired of having the finger pointed at him, and he’s willing to take a polygraph test to help clear his name. When the time comes, will he take the test?

Now I'm really wondering?

Mine are the same. My 16 year old son got his first phone a couple of months ago. Never wanted one before, and refused all my offers to have one. He only agreed when he got his first motorbike as that was the deal!

I have a 13 year old whose phone has been lying in my bedroom for the past 3 weeks, completely dead.

My 12 year old has a phone somewhere in his bedroom, even he couldn't tell you where. Whenever I do find it and charge it up, he'll just let it die again.

And my 7 year old was given his dad's old one so he wouldn't feel left out, and lost that after a week!

The only one who is obsessive about his phone is my 18 year old .... but even he doesn't think to let me know where is he or what time he'll be home.

Thanks for this - I was sure my sons weren't abnormal! Raised with different priorities maybe. In what I thought was a wise moment, my 16 year old has pointed out young adults at a nearby table in a restaurant - each with their phones out and looking down madly texting, and ignoring each other. He asked why they bothered to go out together.
Having said that they are computer mad and in recent years we have acquired all sorts of tech gadgets which we all like to play around with -the phones are just utilitarian items though.

My bold.

That's an interesting concept, that people are not responsible for pointing fingers. That something takes over their mind and body, wresting all free will from them. Scary.

What makes it even more interesting is bringing up the concept, in the same sentence, of taking responsibility for oneself.

When I've pointed fingers at someone, I've never felt like anyone was making that choice but me, and I've taken full responsibility for doing it. I will definitely have to consider this concept that the person I'm pointing fingers at is taking over my mind and body and making me do it. :what:

please do not twist my words into something they were not.

I'll rewrite it to hopefully make it easier to understand

if MRs actions right from day one had not been off, if his words over the last 3 months had not been off, if he had participated in events, if he had shown more concern for his missing son then people would not be pointing fingers.

pointing fingers is really another way of saying there are valid concerns about him.

MOO IMO etc etc

And while the show will be “highly emotional,” says Denise Hess, the leader of the effort by volunteers to find Dylan Redwine, no conclusion was reached about the missing boy.

snip

“I can tell you it’s going to be a powerful show,” she said. “A lot of information came out. It was the first time the whole family was able to sit down together. We’re just hoping that this is going to bring the awareness we need for Dylan nationwide.”

http://www.gazette.com/articles/missing-151394-monument-phil.html#ixzz2LjaI3Zxx

So hard to guess at what happened on the show, except that it's for sure nobody confessed to disappearing Dylan and said where he is. MOO

But unless we know how big the backpack was, that doesn't tell us how much clothing went missing with him.

You can fill a small backpack with a single spare jumper.

since Dylan at the time was 5' tall and from the picture of him in the airport it doesn't look like a little kiddies small backpack that would fit little more than a couple of small toys and a lunch box. It looks like a good sized backpack, probably around 30 litre capacity which would fit more than a jumper. we also know that it was the only luggage he had with him.

kids often wear their backpacks slung low and you need to look at the length of his back to work out a rough idea of the size of the pack.

Well this is interesting. If you go to Dr. Phil's website (http://www.drphil.com/) and click the "Wednesday" video "The Polygraph Drama", the video doesn't play for me, but underneath it has this blurb -

The family of 14-year-old Dylan Redwine, who has been missing for three months, continues to search for answers. Dylan’s father, Mark, says he’s tired of having the finger pointed at him, and he’s willing to take a polygraph test to help clear his name. Will he take the test?

That When You Are Wrongly Accused is a link that goes to this page -

False accusations and gossip can destroy lives, even if the accused is innocent. If your reputation is under attack, Dr. Phil has advice on taking your power back:

http://www.drphil.com/articles/article/217

RIght and it'll give u a little preview for the tuesday show but NOTHING for the wednesday show, so the results are very private OR there are none. It is interesting that at some point it said ' the results' but seems to have backed off more to a ' did he take it' stance. UGH! MR if you're innocent, help yourself out !

Is it possible that the poly results could be quashed ? by LE?
Perhaps they had some bearing on the investigation and even though PHIL's the
boss of his show , maybe he has to surrender the results to LE and not discuss them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth