CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If my child was missing, I would always describe them in the most glowing terms because I noticed that the media seems to take more of an interest in "perfect" children. I have seen many cases where the media makes a big deal out of certain qualities or interests the victim had--good grades, playing an instrument, extracurricular activities, volunteering, etc.

To the media, yes. But it's always best to share everything with LE, even the most minor little quirks, in order to help find the child. You never know what small detail might give them a clue of something to look at.

This is kind of like what happens when someone dies who is not the most desirable or popular person. Someone who most people didn't like anyway and who didn't have many redeeming qualities. When people gather at this person's funeral, you only hear good things, even if they have to make them up. Rarely do you hear anybody saying the guy was a jerk and had very few friends or that nobody liked him to start with.

I think most mothers want to paint the nicest and best picture of their children, because most of us tend to remember the best things about them, and they forget about their little faults at a time like this. Parents want the world to know that this was a good child and they deserve to be found. Not many mothers would stand there and say their child was really a little brat sometimes, but please, go find him!

I have no idea, ColdHands. I have to admit that whereas I have little knowledge of SAR dogs, I do have concerns about Wendy and her dogs after reading the news articles about Tammy Salle's case. I'm just in "wait and see" mode on Dylan's case. On just about everything lol.

Sorry, Cheese, I realized after I posted that it looked like I was asking you, so I edited my post to clarify Sarx - hopefully he can help with that.

Did they ever actually find the kids to prove they were in fact alive?

O/T - I don't know. I lost track of the case. It was back in the 80's I think. They did eventually let her out of jail, even though she still wouldn't say where the kids were. It was a really ugly custody battle. I don't think they were overly concerned that she had hurt them, but I'm not sure.

Salem

JMO and I could have been given bad legal advise but I have been told that if someone takes you somewhere you don't want to go and keeps you there against your will it is an abduction. Or is it just if you are an adult and that happens?

Quoting myself here. My abusive ex first took me somewhere I did not want to go and would not let me leave..for days. He then within a few months attempted to kill me. My second husband. I was so uninformed I didn't realize that he had abducted me.:twocents: I feel pretty dumb about that.

Can anyone on this forum explain to me what a parent kidnapping their own child without the parent being with said child expects to accomplish?

Makes no sense.

they cant be witht he child.
they cant make the child appear.
Hes gone.

What was the reason?

Elaine didnt do this give me a break lol
All she had to do was NOT put him on that plane.

MY:twocents:

1.) Revenge
2.) Profit
3.) Child support
4.) Perceived or real child's safety
5.) Noteriety

Just a few right off the top of my head...

Sarx, the statement on FMDR also said that Wendy's dogs hit 100 yards east from where the Sheriff's dogs hit. That they cut holes in the ice at the same spots as the Sheriff, and got a "light scent" there, then went 100 yards east, and got more hits.

There are pics and video of the white buoys on the water marking where the Sheriff's dogs hit. Using them, it could probably be determined where that 100 yards east is.

Please do. I'm no good at this stuff.

I have gone round and round that lake since the beginning of this and I always thought that IF MR put him in the lake somewhere it would probably be most logical to do so on the east side of the lake and somewhere between 5 branch campground south towards the dam. There are too many houses etc on the west side. It seems to be the most remote on the SE side.

Well, there could be several reasons. There was a woman, once, back east, I believe, that hid her children for several years. She couldn't be with them because she would have exposed the whereabouts of the kids. She even went to jail. I don't remember for how long. But she absolutely refused to say where the kids were.

I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense. But rarely do cases of missing children make sense.

Salem

There was an Illinois case I posted last week, a father took the 14 yo daughter for nonscheduled visitation and put her with his mother an hour away, then took off. Neither the daughter nor the grandmother ever called police. The mother did and they got the girl after 10 days-2 weeks. It was unclear if they ever found the father but he was not with the girl.

Are Not considered suspects and ARE NOT suspects are two different things!
To me anywayz!

JMO

No, it's the same thing, basically. Considered means thinking about, or believing something. They don't always use the best choice of words.

They are not naming him a suspect, but I'm sure he is. LE rarely names anyone a suspect until they know they've got enough evidence to arrest and convict them. They can keep the upper hand that way.

Reporter said > Investigators say they have a wealth of evidence, but still no leads and no named suspect.

LE (Bender) said > “We have gathered so many little pieces of evidence, it’s kind of like a jigsaw puzzle and now you’re just looking for that one piece to bring everything together,” Bender said.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...d-continues-to-devote-many-resources-to-case/

Yes, the reporter paraphrased what the investigators said. We also have direct quotes in this case, ie "The Sheriff's Office is not calling Mark Redwine a suspect,"link According to Mark, "we're all suspects" (Blasius), so he seems to consider himself one, IMO. We'll have to agree to disagree about whether Mark is not a suspect all together or whether there just are no named suspects.

Moo

Of course MR is person of interest! I don't care whether he's officially named one or not. Cory and Elaine are too as well as anyone closely associated with Dylan. But I'll bet MR has rapidly moved to the top of the list! No doubt.

Quoting myself here. My abusive ex first took me somewhere I did not want to go and would not let me leave..for days. He then within a few months attempted to kill me. My second husband. I was so uninformed I didn't realize that he had abducted me.:twocents: I feel pretty dumb about that.

Do not EVER feel dumb for not knowing it was an abduction. A lot of women wouldn't consider it abduction. Especially since you were married to him. (((hugs)))

Wow. So sorry you went through this! :hug: Thanks for sharing! ^^what she said!

All I'll say is when one's in the throes of abuse/criminal acts, sometimes the only thought is survival and escape, not about which criminal definition it fits. Moo

What reason is there for LE to name anyone a suspect, unless the person is on the run and they need help locating him or her? I doubt anyone will be called a suspect in this case, unless someday there is an arrest.

I remember the case of Elizabeth Morgan, a D.C. plastic surgeon I think, who sent her daughter to live with her parents in New Zealand. She spent a couple years in jail because she would not reveal where her daughter was. The reason was that she believed her (now ex) husband (Eric Foretich) was sexually abusing their daughter. Evidently this man's second wife had also made the same allegations about the daughter she had with him. I guess Dr. Morgan felt she had to go to extreme measures to protect her daughter from what she felt was a intolerable situation.

I remember the case of Elizabeth Morgan, a D.C. plastic surgeon I think, who sent her daughter to live with her parents in New Zealand. She spent a couple years in jail because she would not reveal where her daughter was. The reason was that she believed her (now ex) husband (Eric Foretich) was sexually abusing their daughter. Evidently this man's second wife had also made the same allegations about the daughter she had with him. I guess Dr. Morgan felt she had to go to extreme measures to protect her daughter from what she felt was a intolerable situation.

I won't argue that parents have arranged for children to be sent out of the reach of another parent before, but I still cannot see MR having any such persons who cannot be found by LE. In most cases, including the 5-year old recently in the news when he was found many years later, it was always known he was taken by his grandparents, just not where they were.

"I know that law enforcement is doing everything possible. They’re doing what they think they need to be doing, which is another reason why I tend to not participate in as much media as maybe my ex-wife does because I believe in letting the investigation run its natural course."
Blasius

"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake because from Day One they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said.
http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_22063185#ixzz2MazZYZEQ

Bit of conflict between those Mark statements, IMO. And it seems Mark has not utilized/read the resources available to parents of missing children strongly advocating for keeping the media involved and interested. example

Moo

Cory is on video in one of the interviews saying that MR never hurt him or Dylan. I'll find it. Just give me some time here :)

Salem

ETA: I may have to eat my hat, but I specifically remember Cory saying this and discussing it on previous threads.

ETA: Okay - I'm going to have to eat my hat. I cannot find the video and I'm exhausted looking LOL! I swear I saw it, because I remember him sitting next to ER on the couch and talking about it. BUT I have looked everywhere and can't find it, so I must be mistaken and as MrsPC said, it must have come from Facebook. Which means it cannot be substantiated and is a RUMOR.

Sorry Guys.

Salem

Has there ever been a case where a person went missing and was abducted by a stranger and that abductor integrated themselves into the family? Example: Tom was abducted by Mike. Mike then went and helped in searches, took missing persons family to dinner, became close friends to family. Etc. (all made up names)

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members