CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you know what post you were replying to and absentia was replying to ?
I'm curious what began this ! I'm backtracking but don't know how many pages to go. tks

NM I found it !

Do you know what post you were replying to and absentia was replying to ?
I'm curious what began this ! I'm backtracking but don't know how many pages to go. tks

NM I found it !

it's regarding the double negative speak of MR. There were examples linked, such as :
I have never not been willing to cooperate
and
I have no reason to believe he's not alive
(paraphrasing)

?? I can't find a link to the police reports...lol.. Can someone direct me.. Thanks in advance

I won't argue that parents have arranged for children to be sent out of the reach of another parent before, but I still cannot see MR having any such persons who cannot be found by LE. In most cases, including the 5-year old recently in the news when he was found many years later, it was always known he was taken by his grandparents, just not where they were.

How is LE going to know about every person Mark has ever known, unless he mentions their name to them? Do you know how much time and manpower it would take to track down every person he's ever known in his life? They simply are not going to take it that far, believe me. Yes, they might check with relatives and close friends... IF they can find them. But if not, they're not going to go to the time and expense to track down every trucker buddy or long-lost cousin. It's not practical.
I'm not trying to be snarky, and you don't have to believe that it is possible, but it has happened before. Probably not in this case and I don't believe it myself. But friends have helped people fake their own deaths and disappear, who's to say they wouldn't hide a child for someone?
And if one is going to use the reasoning that it's too big a risk... well, then if most people never did anything because of the risk of getting in trouble, our jails and prisons wouldn't be overflowing these days.
Just saying.

Guys I am so sorry, I didn't mean to say MR was off limits as far as sleuthing. I just got home from work and seen what I had done. So sorry!

Ima

Not at all. I'm sure her first reaction was that MR had done something to him, harmed him in some way. And then when she had all of her friends and family around her helping to support her, they pointed out that he had taken the boys and kept them hidden in the past so they gave her some real hope that this could be the situation now.

I think most, if not all of that hope was lost during the Dr Phil taping.

MOO

I think she really didn't want to believe MR was capable of harming DR, and wanted to ask him if he hurt him. I think you're right in that by the end of the show she realized he was capable and actually did bring harm to DR. She had a look of "how could you" and/or "I can't believe you could do this (and I allowed him to visit you)" mixed with despair.

?? I can't find a link to the police reports...lol.. Can someone direct me.. Thanks in advance

They were shown on the screen during a news broadcast. I think I can find them for ya. :). BRB

http://www.9news.com/news/article/303598/42/Missing-boy-Dylan-Redwines-family-had-violent-history

Video with pictures of reports and article with info here^

For the next two years, the couple went through divorce proceedings. In 2008, mom, Elaine Redwine, claimed she had a confrontation with her ex-husband Mark in the early hours of July 4. She wrote, "He was very drunk and grabbed me and took a swing at his son." She said Dylan reacted and hit Mark.
In another protective order request, Mark claims he was victimized later that same day. "I was attacked and beaten then left for hours until I woke up," he wrote. Mark says his older son Cory admitted he was responsible for the beating.

Guys I am so sorry, I didn't mean to say MR was off limits as far as sleuthing. I just got home from work and seen what I had done. So sorry!

Ima

It's ok, ima! We'll let you be human today! :hug:

it's regarding the double negative speak of MR. There were examples linked, such as :
I have never not been willing to cooperate
and
I have no reason to believe he's not alive
(paraphrasing)

I missed the beginning of this conversation sorry, but I have to disagree. A double negative creates a positive statement - that is the effect of a double negative.
I have never not been willing to cooperate = I have been willing to cooperate.
I have no reason to believe he's not alive = I believe he's alive.

Apologies if I have taken this out of context. :)

How is LE going to know about every person Mark has ever known, unless he mentions their name to them? Do you know how much time and manpower it would take to track down every person he's ever known in his life? They simply are not going to take it that far, believe me. Yes, they might check with relatives and close friends... IF they can find them. But if not, they're not going to go to the time and expense to track down every trucker buddy or long-lost cousin. It's not practical.
I'm not trying to be snarky, and you don't have to believe that it is possible, but it has happened before. Probably not in this case and I don't believe it myself. But friends have helped people fake their own deaths and disappear, who's to say they wouldn't hide a child for someone?
And if one is going to use the reasoning that it's too big a risk... well, then if most people never did anything because of the risk of getting in trouble, our jails and prisons wouldn't be overflowing these days.
Just saying.

It is my opinion that this is not the type of crime a casual acquaintance would do for someone else, unless a large sum of money was involved, which I do not see
MR as having. I would much prefer to be wrong, and that he is hiding Dylan, as I feel it is the only way he could be alive.

I missed the beginning of this conversation sorry, but I have to disagree. A double negative creates a positive statement - that is the effect of a double negative.
I have never not been willing to cooperate = I have been willing to cooperate.
I have no reason to believe he's not alive = I believe he's alive.

Apologies if I have taken this out of context. :)

well of course, but the use of negatives and double negatives is considered a red flag in statement analysis. when you look at it in context with the rest of MR's vagueness in his language, it shows he's trying to conceal and deceive. It's also the brain's way of saying something it wants to say without actually saying it.
like, if he knows he's not cooperating, it's harder to lie and say "I am fully cooperating" than to say "I've never not cooperated". and if you know someone is dead, or you caused them to die, it's hard to say "I believe he's alive". Saying "I have no reason to believe he's not alive" is alot easier for the brain's goal of congruence.

I'm so glad there are plans for a group other than LE to search the lake.

In GA. When records are sealed re: children even if it your case, you have to go back in front of a judge to open and get copies (such as Custody records) they may or may not approve. Tight privacy laws re: children here

Does anyone know much or use a CB radio ? I've got a few questions and am googling, but not finding exactly what I want to know. Specifically has technology changed cb radio much? Like way back in the day, you could get on a private channel and no one anywhere else could hear it. We had loads of fun on road trips with the cb. But it seems with new advances that it would be almost impossible for there to be cb channels that cannot be' heard or listened' to by others IF they were so inclined, like LE. Could LE tap into a cb and hear all the channels or not? Gold star to the first answer ! :p
I haven't used one in quite a few years. There are still "Freebanders" that use the frequencies above channel 40 and below channel 1. This isn't actually legal, though, in the US. It's a modification on the radios to do that. And yes, I believe LE could theoretically tap into all the channels, but a lot of the Freeband channels aren't in English because those frequencies are used by other countries.

Here is some info if you want to dig through:
http://www.thetruckersreport.com/library/the-ultimate-cb-radio-page/

Please, tell what has been mentioned about the person that the LE said they wanted to question? I wonder if someone went to the house thinking MR was still out of town. I dont think LE mentioned that person without good reason and a good reason IMO is not just a sighting.
Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member