CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well maybe MR used that Dylan college fund to send him away for a while with one of his trucker friends. Maybe he sent him on another trip across the country to watch some football or hockey since baseball season was over at the time.

Okay maybe not. :rolleyes:

Yep....other than a close relative like a parent or sibling who might take on such a task believing that it is in the best interest of the child because the alternative is a life of abuse, can't see anyone agreeing to do something like this.

MOO

Many threads ago someone mentioned perhaps MR owed someone a giant favor. That sounds far fetched, but you never know. Supposing he helped some ' criminal type' 10 yrs ago . You never know. The other thing I was thinking is how many times on the ID shows someone 'kills for hire' because they were promised a big amount of money but there never was a big amount of money. They say ' when i get the insurance i'll give you 100k ' but there is no such insurance coming. So I agree it's absolutely outside the probable here. But I also think something really bizarre has happened to Dylan, so what's the harm at looking at bizarre theories .

Not directed at you personally Kamille, just in response to your response to the other response ! :)

But why does someone choose to say something in that long rambling way?
Why not just say " I believe he is alive?"

I know quite a few people that talk that way. I actually just finished writing communications competences where I work and one item was "Can say yes or no." It must be something they learn over time.

Is there evidence that this is a new speech mannerism for Mark? The over talking, I mean? (Not aimed at you, Katydid, general question)

But why does someone choose to say something in that long rambling way?
Why not just say " I believe he is alive?"

IMO it could be just the way he speaks. Liken it to how people post on forums - some ramble and extrapolate on every detail (perhaps moi?) while other are brief and to the point. I imagine most of the family members have little to no experience with appearing in the media - IMO we could forgive them all for incorrect speech patterns or misuse of words.

Well maybe MR used that Dylan college fund to send him away for a while with one of his trucker friends. Maybe he sent him on another trip across the country to watch some football or hockey since baseball season was over at the time.

Okay maybe not. :rolleyes:

Yep....other than a close relative like a parent or sibling who might take on such a task believing that it is in the best interest of the child because the alternative is a life of abuse, can't see anyone agreeing to do something like this.

MOO

We discussed a while back about a revenge scenario. Someone trying to get at Elaine by working with Mark? Someone in love with him that hated her? Someone in love with her, hating her new life, partnering with Mark, using his anger?

Wow, those all sound like horrible plots for movies :(

Perhaps someone advocating for Elaine, albeit without her knowledge, and "helping" by retrieving Dylan and absconding with him to prevent him from having to be with his dad.

I know quite a few people that talk that way. I actually just finished writing communications competences where I work and one item was "Can say yes or no." It must be something they learn over time.

Is there evidence that this is a new speech mannerism for Mark? The over talking, I mean? (Not aimed at you, Katydid, general question)

For those who follow speech analysis, that which is stated in the negative is "sensitive", i.e, a possible indication of deception. It's only when MR speaks of the details of Dylan's disappearance that these "oddities" of speech, including extraneous details, and the inappropriate use of "we" occur. All JMO and MOO.

Perhaps someone advocating for Elaine, albeit without her knowledge, and "helping" by retrieving Dylan and absconding with him to prevent him from having to be with his dad.

And then what? We are approaching four months.

For those who follow speech analysis, that which is stated in the negative is "sensitive", i.e, a possible indication of deception. It's only when MR speaks of the details of Dylan's disappearance that these "oddities" of speech, including extraneous details, and the inappropriate use of "we" occur. All JMO and MOO.

Speech analysts would have a field day with peeps from my neck of the woods....

Scenarios that exclude Mark don't explain his actions, nonactions, statements and inconsistencies, especially on things like the timeline and actions he took when "looking for" Dylan on Monday afternoon, failed/inconclusive poly, sabotaging 2nd poly after saying her take one at least three times, etc, IMO.

Moo

How many of you are losing sleep over this case?

How many of you think about this case all the time, even when nowhere near a computer?

Just trying to figure out how "normal" I am.

I've been on lots of other cases and none have gripped me like this one has or consumed me to the extent it has.

Dr. Phil:
How do you feel about him being gone?

MR:
It hurts me… deeply. I mean… I… it tears me up. Dylan is everything to me. My whole world revolves around Dylan, and for him to be missing, I’m lost in this world. I… I… It’s all I can do to get through the day. The only thing that gives me the strength to get through every day is my communicating with him and telling him that today is the day we’re bringing you home.

He has said he "prays" to DR, too. So communication is a general term here.

How many of you think about this case all the time, even when nowhere near a computer?

I've been on lots of other cases and none have gripped me like this one has or consumed me to the extent it has.

Raises hand.
ETA In fact my family has quit asking me ' what 'd you do today' because they don't want to hear anymore ! Beat that?

JR got me way more than this. I had just moved to CO, 45 min north of Westminster, when she went missing. I was FREAKED OUT. her being so young and the circumstances make her case more chilling to me as far as what actually happened and the mind of AS. But, MR is a case as well. He's pretty chilling.
Baby Lisa really got me, too. I just can't handle it when parents claim their child is missing when they killed them, and then have the gall to ask for public sympathy. I wanna see them go DOWN.

Speech analysts would have a field day with peeps from my neck of the woods....

IMO, statement analysis is far different than researching regional dialects, euphemisms, and speech patterns, ie linguistics. Heck, as part of my English degree coursework, I took linguistics, but we didn't study nonverbal communication or deception indicators, for example. Analysis may take linguistics into consideration, but they're not synonymous, IMO.

Moo

Now that we've seen mail lady statement, does anyone remember how MR once said "drop him off at WalMart, Post Office or the Police Station"...in that order?
Hmmmm.....
<modsnip>

He has said he "prays" to DR, too. So communication is a general term here.

I noticed that, and thought it odd too. He's mentioned God before but later says he prays to Dylan. :waitasec:

Moo

Now that we've seen mail lady statement, does anyone remember how MR once said "drop him off at WalMart, Post Office or the Police Station"...in that order?
Hmmmm.....
<modsnip>

I don't think that the ex on Dr Phil looked much like Elaine.

But I haven't let go of a theory involving female assistance, whether Dylan is alive or deceased.

and the overtalking, or just responding to something completely different than what is being discussed.

IMO, statement analysis is far different than researching regional dialects, euphemisms, and speech patterns, ie linguistics. Heck, as part of my English degree coursework, I took linguistics, but we didn't study nonverbal communication or deception indicators, for example. Analysis may take linguistics into consideration, but they're not synonymous, IMO.

Moo

MR's speech pattern is very similar to a lot of people I know. Double negatives, distancing using terms such as that boy, etc. While at my son's baseball tournament this weekend, I heard, "C'mon boy" or "Let's go kid." This is normal talk here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases