CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and the overtalking, or just responding to something completely different than what is being discussed.

Like he did with Trimarco. Moo

He agreed, but after delaying for a day he bailed after 20 minutes the following morning. Mark said he was not up to it.

It was the first time a father of a missing child had ever turned down a polygraph by him, said Jack Trimarco, the examiner hired by the Dr. Phil show.

“I would ask a question and he would give me the answer to something else,” Trimarco said.

At one point, Dr. Phil called Mark “smug, cavalier and combative.”
link

I don't think that the ex on Dr Phil looked much like Elaine.

But I haven't let go of a theory involving female assistance, whether Dylan is alive or deceased.

We pretty much know how that worked out for him with Elaine. I'm thinking about a "recent" type...since he's been a single man for several years.

MR's speech pattern is very similar to a lot of people I know. Double negatives, distancing using terms such as that boy, etc. While at my son's baseball tournament this weekend, I heard, "C'mon boy" or "Let's go kid." This is normal talk here.

Hon, I grew up in TX. ;)

It's the sum of it, context, and subject, his missing son, that make the difference, IMO.

Moo

MR's speech pattern is very similar to a lot of people I know. Double negatives, distancing using terms such as that boy, etc. While at my son's baseball tournament this weekend, I heard, "C'mon boy" or "Let's go kid." This is normal talk here.
For curiosity's sake, do you remember what they said if their son made a good play? Was it "Way to go, boy!" or was it "Way to go, son!" or something else?

I'm familiar with the type of speech patterns you are referring to, but Statement Analysis is quite different. Although not respected by WS, it is an interesting study in the patterns of speech. It has nothing to do with regional dialect or what would be expected/usual terms a parent uses when referring to their child. It is similar to behavior analysis, which also isn't allowed on WS....although both fields are used by the FBI BAU profilers routinely.

For curiosity's sake, do you remember what they said if their son made a good play? Was it "Way to go, boy!" or was it "Way to go, son!" or something else?

MR:
Well, boy, then why do we have legal enf… or law enforcement involved when we got you two…
link BBM

Yeah this wasn't said affectionately, IMO. It was meant to diminish and insult.

Moo

Scenarios that exclude Mark don't explain his actions, nonactions, statements and inconsistencies, especially on things like the timeline and actions he took when "looking for" Dylan on Monday afternoon, failed/inconclusive poly, sabotaging 2nd poly after saying her take one at least three times, etc, IMO.

Moo

That is a very relative point. :tyou:

How many of you are losing sleep over this case?

How many of you think about this case all the time, even when nowhere near a computer?

Just trying to figure out how "normal" I am.

I've been on lots of other cases and none have gripped me like this one has or consumed me to the extent it has.

This is something we share, Seajay! May I offer you a hug? :hug:

I dream of Dylan. Sometimes good dreams, sometimes nightmares. Several times I've awakened at odd hours with some thought or another about the case.

And my poor DH must listen to me talk about all the details. He has even been forced to watch various interviews and give me his impressions. :blushing:

Hon, I grew up in TX. ;)

It's the sum of it, context, and subject, his missing son, that make the difference, IMO.

Moo

So being from Texas, you should know how incredibly annoying it is when someone calls you "hon."

Off the top of my head, no. I usually use my son's name in this instance.

I'm familiar with the type of speech patterns you are referring to, but Statement Analysis is quite different. Although not respected by WS, it is an interesting study in the patterns of speech. It has nothing to do with regional dialect or what would be expected/usual terms a parent uses when referring to their child. It is similar to behavior analysis, which also isn't allowed on WS....although both fields are used by the FBI BAU profilers routinely.

I guess I don't get it then. The things being pointed out, double negatives, that boy, rambling, those are just everyday things.

How many of you are losing sleep over this case?

How many of you think about this case all the time, even when nowhere near a computer?

Just trying to figure out how "normal" I am.

I've been on lots of other cases and none have gripped me like this one has or consumed me to the extent it has.

I am ALWAYS thinking about Dyl, even when I am sitting here feeding my daughter and looking after her all I can think about is Dylan and how I wish he was home where he belongs.
This case has really consumed me also - I have always got the thread open on my iPhone, iPad and laptop.

So being from Texas, you should know how incredibly annoying it is when someone calls you "hon."
SBM

Then I guess that proves the point that hon or boy can sound affectionate or disparaging, depending on context and listener perceptions. Just as there are different opinions on the case, there are differing opinions on the importance and meaning of statements.

Moo

Speaking of such things, Elaine is to be on Crime Wire tomorrow.

Being that the lie detector failing/inconclusive result and the not wanting to take another one has been a major sticking point, I wonder if anyone has thought of the Breann Rodriguez case. Here is the link to a MSM article that states a suspect was arrested. It also goes on to say:

I don't know, honestly, honestly. When my wife went in there first to do the polygraph and she failed it, I mean, of course as a father when someone tells you they failed a polygraph, it automatically raises doubt,' he told Nancy Grace on HLN.

'I don't know. To be completely honest with you, I don't believe we really did fail it. It may be some kind of tool they use to squeeze every bit of information out of us...I don't really know. But they said we did fail it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-old-fail-polygraph-tests.html#ixzz2Md61wbNW

This is my issue with polygraphs. What would have happened if that was the only piece of information that was used.

This is something we share, Seajay! May I offer you a hug? :hug:

I dream of Dylan. Sometimes good dreams, sometimes nightmares. Several times I've awakened at odd hours with some thought or another about the case.

And my poor DH must listen to me talk about all the details. He has even been forced to watch various interviews and give me his impressions. :blushing:

:hug: to you.

SBM

Then I guess that proves the point that hon or boy can sound affectionate or disparaging, depending on context and listener perceptions. Just as there are different opinions on the case, their are differing opinions on the importance and meaning of statements.

Moo

Fair point, well made.

Speaking of such things, Elaine is to be on Crime Wire tomorrow.

I saw that! I think that's awesome! She is still working hard to get the word out about Dylan...<Mod Snip>? Not doing a darn thing that I've heard of. Elaine and Mike have also arranged an underwater search team. As I understand, they want NO publicity (the team, I mean).<mod snip> :banghead:

I saw that! I think that's awesome! She is still working hard to get the word out about Dylan...<Mod snip>? Not doing a darn thing that I've heard of. Elaine and Mike have also arranged an underwater search team. As I understand, they want NO publicity. Again...<mod snip> :banghead:

I love your posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member