CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For MR to want ER to come to him rather than call LE first implies it was a plan, right?
I just have a hard time with that. I'm not sure why it seems easier to believe something happened in a fit of rage or ' accidentally' than a big , elaborate premeditated act. Both are horrible for a parent to do, but there is something absolutely NON HUMAN about thinking it was a months' long plan :( I have thought it myself though .( with regards to MR ) When I first heard about the ' trip of a lifetime' and 'memories no one can take away' re: the trip to the baseball fields, I thought ''omg , maybe he knew that was the last trip'' . But I immediately had to put that out of my mind I guess because it's just too sickening to think about. It is possible but I'd just rather think if MR is involved that a ) he's hiding him somewhere ( i know this seems less likely by the day but I've got my hopeful optimistic hat on, AND when he did not admit to Phil where he might have him hidden, i did lose some of that hope :( ) or b ) it was an unplanned accidental smack or push or shove that MR did not know would happen 10 minutes before ( the problem with this is i'm not seeing a lot of grief that I think would be present if it were an accident gone awry)
Bottom line is I guess it's hard as parents , which most of us are , to imagine what would drive another parent to do something like this to their child. Is that the sticking point between believing in MR's guilt and not? It very well could be. The " i would never do that so i dont believe it would happen'" mentality even though we know it happens all the time. I would also never rob a bank and people do it daily so how does one step out of that kind of thinking?
I just want the baby to be alive :(
Sigh.......

I tend to agree.

I think what he wanted was ER to go to him, not for her to contact LE. She didn't fall into his trap.

remember his comment about ER 'making this more than it needs be' he really wasn't a happy chappy that LE were involved.

Maybe that's a positive and it could mean Dylan is alive . And he has been hidden away somewhere and the reason why he waited so long to report him missing was so the person he handed Dylan off to was 1000m away .

:cow:

I don't really believe this but Dylan was a bargaining tool to keep Elaine in his life . Without Dylan he loses everything :cow:

Maybe that's a positive and it could mean Dylan is alive . And he has been hidden away somewhere and the reason why he waited so long to report him missing was so the person he handed Dylan off to was 1000m away .

:cow:

I don't really believe this but Dylan was a bargaining tool to keep Elaine in his life . Without Dylan he loses everything :cow:

Right? If MR's ultimate plans are to keep or gain back ER then how is disappearing DR going to accomplish that UNLESS he is alive somewhere?

I tend to agree.

I think what he wanted was ER to go to him, not for her to contact LE. She didn't fall into his trap.

remember his comment about ER 'making this more than it needs be' he really wasn't a happy chappy that LE were involved.

Right? If MR's ultimate plans are to keep or gain back ER then how is disappearing DR going to accomplish that UNLESS he is alive somewhere?

No way I see a desperate man!
To add to that he drinks!

No cory!
No dylan
No me!

You Mom has Mike!

IIRC, the only forensic evidence against Scott Peterson was a hair on the underneath side of the duct tape that bound his wife. There was however motive, opportunity, consciousness of guilt and inconsistencies in his statements to LE. LE said they were searching for that one piece of additional evidence. I think a recovery will lead to that evidence. All MOO

I think you are mistaken. The hair was found in a pair of pliers underneath the seat in the boat. There was no duct tape connected to that case, at least not given as evidence in the trial.

NG 12/3

REDWINE: Well, his dad texted me at around, oh, 4:30. Maybe it was closer to 5:00 on Monday. And I texted him back. You know, it was like, Well, we should call the sheriff. So I went ahead and I actually called the sheriff that day. I don`t know if Mark had called the sheriff that day, either, but I called the sheriff right after I got the text from Mark.

I went to my house, picked up a bag, grabbed my oldest son, Corey (ph), and we came to Durango.

snipped

GRACE: And then you found out he hadn`t been seen. So did you actually call the police?

REDWINE: I did call the police. I don`t know if Mark did or not, but I did, as well. I called the Bayfield police.

Well, that's confusing. The Bayfield police is apparently the marshal's office, where Mark went. The Sheriff's office is in Durango, and they cover the entire county. If she called the SD, then did she also call the marshal's office, or did she just misspeak? It's easy to get confused in a frantic situation.

Well, that's confusing. The Bayfield police is apparently the marshal's office, where Mark went. The Sheriff's office is in Durango, and they cover the entire county. If she called the SD, then did she also call the marshal's office, or did she just misspeak? It's easy to get confused in a frantic situation.

I think they are both using the term marshall and sheriff as the same . Whether or not it's accurate , who knows. But we looked some pages ago and the marshall's office closes at 5 pm and then the sheriff would take over after that . I'm wondering if there is not a marshall ' field office' of sorts Located AT the Bayfield police dept and it covers a wide area and that is where you go with a problem , even though it may not be a ' marshall' you speak to inside. IDK, language barrier !

He did not call her from the Marshals office.
He spoke to Elaine and said someting like maybe we should call the sheriff and she did. If i remember correctly he didnt notify the marshalls till 6 pm or so.

He says he called ER from the Marshall's office. ER said we should call the Sheriff. But I personally think the Marshall's were probably closed. I think he was doing that thing that liars do. He might have actually gone to the Marshall's office and sat in his car, so he could say he was literally there. JMO

Thanks !

So I was correct in my assumption then that Bayfield only has the MO and Durango would be the SO?

I had found this confusing earlier and want to make sure I am understanding this. That is contradictory though if she contacted Bayfield I would think.

Normally, most sheriff's offices are in the county seat of each county. I am pretty sure that I've read that the SO is in Durango, which is the county seat. The marshal's office would be in Bayfield, I think. But again, she was in a tense situation and it doesn't matter who she called. Any LE office is happy to direct their call to the proper agency.

Why didn't Mark know to call or go straight to the SO, instead of the MO? Surely he would know the marshal had no jurisdiction outside the city limits.
Strange to me that people can live in a rural area for years and not know which LE agency to contact in an emergency situation.

I believe she called the Sheriff!
MR went to the Marshalls. He did not call.

Thank you . Sorry you left because of that . It would be great if we could pool together scenarios and ideas, no matter how silly or unlikely they are and have a big chart of anything. I've been thinking the answer is unlikely since LIKELY has already been covered. :)

I've had a chart in my head for weeks and I'm always tempted to draw it on my white board in my office.

I don't think his plan was to keep or gain back ER, she had insulted his ego and upset him by leaving him in the first place. Then getting back with her first husband, moving to Colorado Springs and being granted custody after he contested the move, I thnk he found that infuriating.

IMO he is more interested in torturing ER, take notice of his face during the Dr Phil shows, when ER showed distress he showed enjoyment of her pain.

Unless he thinks by never revealing what happened that Elaine will always want his blood and she won't ever let it go which by default means she will never leave him alone ?!

I don't want to belabor this point. (However, I'm doing just that, aren't I?)

IMO there is nothing inconsistent in ER's comments about calling the Sheriff's office. MR's comments seem a little more suspect, because of the hours of operation (see below).(IMO)

In a couple of the interviews ER said MR called her around 3:30/4:00 pm. At that time the Marshall's office was closed. She lived there long enough to know that. Also, based on the number of employees for SO vs. MO, the likelihood of having someone immediately available from the SO seems higher. It seems logical that she would tell MR to contact the Sherriff’s office.

MR said he called ER from the MO. Maybe... (JMO) But if he did, I don't think he told ER that. Because she said in an interview with NG that she(ER) called the Sheriff's office and she did not know if MR had done that at that point, or not.

Only the Marshall's office knows when and whether MR contacted them. Has there been any statement from the Marshall’s office? The Sherriff’s office made a comment that MR contacted them around six. But I haven’t seen anything from the Marshall’s Office that says MR contacted them at all.

MR said that the Marshall’s office was slow in getting the information out. And that is why the Sherriff’s office had no idea that he had already contacted the Marshall’s office. 3 hours for the Marshall’s office to communicate? Boy, I find that hard to believe.

Posting this for reference:

La Plata County Sherrif's Office
742 Turner Dr.
Durango, CO 81303

Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Mon - Fri
FOR EMERGENCIES DIAL 9-1-1

The La Plata County Sheriff's Office is a medium-sized agency of one hundred thirty one (131) employees. There are six (6) Divisions: Detentions, Public Safety, Special Services, Alternatives to Incarceration, Investigations and the Special Investigations Unit.
Bayfield Marshall's Office
1199 Bayfield Parkway
Bayfield, CO 81122

Hours: 9 am - 3 pm Monday - Friday

Phone: 970-884-9636
Emergency: 9-1-1
24-Hour dispatch: 385-2900
Fax: 970-884-2195
( 1 Chief Marshall)
(2 corporals, 3 deputies and 1 Admin. Secretary)
JMO

I would not expect the marshal's office to make any statement, since they are not involved in the investigation. They would have directed him to the Sheriff's Dept. probably, since it would be out of their (MO) jurisdiction.
Why would Mark lie about going to their office first? That would be very easy to disprove, I would think.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure it'll help some people get things straighter in their heads, but it doesn't help with mine. My reason for questioning who ER called and when has nothing to do with looking for inconsistencies in her statements - there are plenty of them everywhere in this case, not just from one person. It's LE saying they weren't notified until 6 pm that has me baffled.

MR said he talked to RN shortly after 4pm (from the time on the text he sent to DR), and contacted ER right after that.
MR says he contacted ER and then went to the MO - or
MR says he contacted ER from the MO.

ER says that MR contacted her between 4:30 and 5:00 pm.
ER says she was on the road by 5:30 and she had immediately called the SO (in Durango).
ER says basically the same thing, except that she says she contacted the Bayfield police.
The Bayfield police are the MO.

From my understanding of how LE works, after living in enough smaller towns, if either of them contacted the MO, they should have explained that it wasn't their jurisdiction and told them to contact the SO in Durango. I don't remember either of them saying that, and MR makes it sound like MO took a report from him.

There's no doubt in my mind that if she had called the MO and was told to contact the SO instead, ER would have done it right away - which leads me to believe she contacted the SO in the first place.

My problem is : why does the SO say that nobody contacted them about him until 6:00? They and/or MO should have heard from both parents well before that.

There's probably a perfectly good explanation for it, but it's that kind of thing that drive me up the wall. How can you really get the facts straight when even they can't? :banghead:

MOO

Exactly! Thanks for putting this simply enough that everybody should be able to understand it.

I find it disheartening that it was Elaine, MH, and CR that went door to door at midnight right in MR's neighborhood. Why didn't MR do that or go with? MOO

<modsnip>.

I had a question for everyone that should not lead to any debate or ill will.
What is it about Dylan that has captivated us all for so many weeks? There
have been tons of other missing children since and I try to visit as many threads
as possible but this one is STUCK on repeat in my head and I'm sure many of you feel
the same way.
So why Dylan?

I see nothing inconsistent in ER's calling "police" or SO. Most people refer to both as police because they are. MOO

Not where I live. Everybody I know understands the difference in a deputy sheriff (county) and a policeman (city). Some deputies would be offended if anyone referred to them as a policeman.

She didn't say just police, though, she said Bayfield police, which would be the marshal's office, so maybe she called both.

A question: How long does it take to drive from Bayfield to Durango? Maybe the 6 p.m. on the report has to do with the time it took Mark to show up at the MO, talk to them, and then drive to Durango to talk to someone at the SO. Where I live, the SO is in a big building that also houses other county offices and the jail. So simply walking in and filling out a missing report means checking in with the front desk, that person buzzing an officer from whatever department handles missing cases, and the officer directing them back to their desk, which could be on another floor. And they could be busy with someone else, too. I wouldn't think it unusual if he was at the MO around 5:00, and the time on the report from the SO was 6:00, considering the driving time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop